Start by marking “Broken Promise (Between Worlds #2)” as Want to Read:
Broken Promise (Between Worlds #2)

Broken Promise (Between Worlds #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  1,100 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Over a year has passed since Rylie returned to her 'human' life. She now knows the truth about her past – and the destiny she can’t yet accept. Rylie struggles to choose between two different worlds, each with a boy she loves. News that her father is alive complicates her life even more. Among the broken hearts and promises, a chance for a new beginning will emerge.
Published May 26th 2013 by Valknut Press

Victoria Rapaglia
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The writing duo is back in this 2nd book of the series that will blow you away as the first one did. As the writing style of these ladies is amazing that it grabs you from the beginning until the end. I really love this series I think they have a gold mine of a series that will never leave you lacking. It has strong characters, romance, adventure and the family values of loving someone no matter what. As Rylie is trying to deal with all the pressure from school, her feelings for two boys, and be ...more
Escape Inside the Pages
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
You can read this review and many more at:

After reading and really liking book one of the Between Worlds series: Dark Promise, I was really excited for book 2! Broken Promise is even more enjoyable than book one is, with more twists and turns, and even more romantic scenes. It was an easy page turner that almost ended too soon. In Broken Promise, one of the things I really loved was how much more the faery world was involved and described. I feel like this
Teneille Pryce
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
So I must say I like Adam.

description

Yeah, Adam's great but I kept rooting for Kal (Kallan). Kal just appealed to me more. None of this is Adam 's fault. I had to agree with Ry on that one. I had mixed feelings about her, but she has really become an awesome heroine better than a lot of popular books. I also love how she wasn't all of a sudden this badass fighter ready to kill as a teenager, but was capable of accepting that some things were inevitable and even a little funny.

description

A lot happened. There was char
Fuzaila
Well, this book was just,.. Neutral.

At first, I had thought that the writing had improved than the first book and that it was going to be real good, but then turns out it wasn’t really anything special.

This book continues Rylie’s struggle in balancing her identities and relationships in the human world as well as the newly-discovered faery world.
Someone who hasn’t read the prequel would never get the hang of what is happening in this book. In short, this would be a really bad standalone even i
N.G.
Lee esta Reseña en Español :http://spanglishbookblog.wordpress.co...

2.5 Stars
I read the first book of this series with my dear friend Becca,
It was my first buddy read and it was awesomeeeee

and we had like a love-hate relationship with Dark Promise because while the world building was really great and the paced was consistent, we couldn't stand some things about the book...like the characters, for example. I thought that by giving an opportunity to the sequel I would feel better about it (maybe t
Linda
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm happy to say that book 2 did not disappoint me. The book picks up with Rylie back in the human world still hoping life will return to normal. A year has passed since she made her promise to return to the dark faeries to marry Kallan, but it hasn't been as easy as she thought it would be to forget the changes in her life. She still thinks about Kallan and knows that her feelings for him haven't gone away. To make matters more complicated, he decides to come to the human world to be closer to ...more
Heather andrews
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in the series and I loved this! Rylie that girl, "I was obsessed with Kallan." Me to hun, me to. Kallan has changed but just a little he's still my sweet boy, that I sometimes want to strangle, Rylie I think has made him see his errors or however that saying goes, but he's still just as playful as ever, "this is the men's room, you know. Generally, that means no girls allowed." Rylie we see a different side of her one of jealousy I liked this look on her, "sure looks like ...more
Fallon
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I so needed some more Kallan so I dived straight in to Broken Promise and Julia Crane and Talia Jager did not disappoint. Rylie is still having a hard time dealing with the fact that her parents are not who she thought they were her entire life. Then to make matters more complicated Rylie keeps seeing Teal in her vision and knows Kallan is near. Why would he be in the human world?

Back to school and the new guy is getting all the girls attention. Guess who Kallan decides to enroll in an attempt
♥¸.•*´Tanya`*•.¸♥
Hannah
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I give this a 3.5 rating. I definitely enjoyed this one more than the first book. I liked how she was finally starting to figure things out. I was glad about her decision in the boyfriend department. I will admit it would have been better without the love triangle part. However, when this was written that was still the in thing to do. I just hope everything is wrapped up nicely in the next book.
Denice
Cover: It’s gorgeous!!!

Rylie:

From the start, I was irritated because she would not admit her feelings for Kallan… I feel that she’s just with Adam so she can feel normal, so she can forget that she’s a fairy… But she keeps saying that she loves Adam, and doesn’t want to hurt him… If she really loves Adam then she would let him go cause it’s obvious that her feelings for Adam changed… Anyways, I still love her OCD…

Kallan:

Thumbs up for him… He’s very patient with Rylie and he’s discreetly trying t
cheryl
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

I was enchanted with these two books. had to have the 2nd one as soon as I finished the first n not even 15hours later I am done n want more. it has been awhile since a book grabbed me like that.
Brittanywhitcomb
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hmmmm.........

Hmmmm.........

good great awesome inspiring crazy teenage life stupendous. authors should write book three asap like yesterday. ill be looking for book three
Josephine Fernandez
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved the first book and the second book she was having a very hard time understanding why all of this happened to her and she understands by the end of the book
Prami{reader and dreamer}
Same ol' same ol' *rolls eyes*
Sissy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great series 3 book's in so far!

Very well written. I felt the emotions of all the characters as if they were my own.
A refreshing fae story.
Necessittee
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book. I was a little put off by the timeline of the book but it was otherwise an enjoyable book. I look forward to reading the next book.
Moxi
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this book I really didm;t expect it to start where it did. I expected it to start closer to when her deal with the dark faery king was coming up, instead it starts a year before. Kallan coming to the school was a big plot twist for me, I honestly did not expect that at all. This book kept me on my toes and I liked that.
I felt like Rylie was somewhat warming up to Azura in this book and while that was happening I was like: ABOUT TIME! Oren when we met him, really made me mad, did not like that
Kayla
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Again, I loved reading about the beautiful faery world. The descriptions were vivid and enchanting.

Rylie's character has developed so much since the beginning and I really enjoy her strong personality.

Kallan still remains dark and mysterious (I agree with Rylie). I love characters who have these layers readers have to unfold and discover hidden goodness on the inside like Kallan. It makes his character interesting and intriguing to read about.

I love the relationship between best friends, Sierra
Kaecey McCormick
Jun 02, 2014 rated it liked it
This book fell flat. It wasn't terrible, but the events felt rushed - almost forced. And far too predictable. While the dialogue wasn't great in the first book, it either went downhill or stuck out more in the second because of the other problems with the story.

Additionally, I don't need a ton of how-the-magic-works detail, but it would have been nice to have more explanation as to how the faery realm and faery magic function. We're left guessing far too often and when things happen it
Emmanuelle
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable book. I liked it better then the first book because there was a more adventure. The first book stayed mostly in the same area, whereas in this book we got to explore more of the faery realm.
Rylie continues to be a believable character as she struggles with deciding who to be with and where to go forward in her future. There's the future that's been dictated for her, the future she wants, and the future she doesn't know is possible yet.
The storyline moves along at a good pace and
Rachy
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
The only bad thing I have to say about this book is that the ending is very abrupt and I wanted to read so much more of it! Apart from that, it was amazing.

In the second book, Rylie has been set free by Kallan, but not for forever. She has to return on her 18th birthday and marry him, or his father will have everyone she loves killed. She is determined to get out of the promise she made. She loves her boyfriend back home, but she can't hide the strange feelings she have towards Kallan. A year la
Debi Domby
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read

With twists and turns, a lot of growing, some sad points, some new discoveries.

I loved the way the characters grow as the story continues. So many things happen, things change even more than book 1 with Rylie becoming a faery. So join her and the rest of the gang on the journey through this story.

Things progress with a nice flow and it keeps your attention, and puts you in Rylie's place as things go along.

Book 3 & 4 Talia takes over sole writing...hope it keeps up the pace of
Stacy
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book. Not sure if I want to continue reading the series or not. I feel like it could have ended nicely there. The main thing that really annoyed me was how much fairy stuff Riley had "forgotten" since the first book. I understand it's good to retouch on some details in a sequel, I just think it could have been done better. I'd also like to see Riley be more self assertive. She has grown in a way, but the appealing side of the third book is hoping to see her grow and learn more about her pow ...more
Katie Rogers
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first. It felt rushed but was a good book also. It's about Rylie deciding where she belongs, she's becoming more of a fairie in this book also. There is a fight between two fathers that kinda helps with her decision. I wasn't a fan of Kallan in this one, he had spunk and personality in the first one, in this one he was all about how much he loved Riley, and not much else. He needed more personality. But other than that it was a good read. I actually read i ...more
Jane Ritz
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. It is the second book in the series It tells the story of Rylie who is a faerie. Broken promise tells the captivating story of Rylie and her ordeal of finding which world she belongs in-Earth or the faere world. There is a lot of conflicts in feelings within herself, her boyfriend Adam, and Kallan; the faere she is promised to. It also involves a physical conflict between Kallan's father and her biological father. This book is great read for any preteen or teen. It's ...more
Char
I love this book, it picked up where Dark Promise left off. The author left me wanting more, but I will have to wait and see if there is more to the story.... Rylie is just as loveable in this book and she was in the first. This story takes us thru her first year as a faye and all of the changes that go along with it. She is struggling to make both worlds fit into her life and trying to figure how to break the Promise that her faey father made with the king of the dark fairy when she was born.

I
Gemma
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Dark Promise and was dying for the second book to be released. Through this story alone, Julia Crane become one of my favourite writers. The book is so well written and the characters are so well established that I'm sucked into the story and can visualise everything happening like I'm watching a movie.
Amazing story and characters and I really hope there's a third in the series :-)
Anna Grace Bladen
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
The ending

The ending

it was so good! the book was very descriptive and it made me imagine what a t it would be like in real life. i love kallen in the book. but I wish it had a better ending. just ending with the kiss was to me not enough. I wanted to know if they got married, what would happen between to the 2 world's. do they even have children!! I would totally share this book with a friend.
Susan Commeford
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
A good fairy tale

A good fairy tale

I liked this story a lot. The struggle between what was comfortable and safe and the unexpected was well represented. The characters are well developed and draw us into their lives easily. I would read more by this author...hope to see more of their story.
  • Eternal Promise (Between Worlds #3)
  • Distraction (Years from Home, #1)
  • The Bloodstone Saga: The Complete Collection (The Bloodstone Saga, #1-4)
  • Heir of Skies (Starbright, #1)
  • Legend of the Oceina Dragon (The Dragons Saga, #1)
  • Eternal Echoes (Emblem of Eternity, #2)
  • Enemy Within (Vampire Born, #2)
  •  My Merlin Awakening (My Merlin, #2)
  • Madly & Wolfhardt (Madly, #2)
  • Destiny's Revenge (Destiny, #2)
  • Epic Escape
  • Fathom
  • Hidden Heart (Hidden Saga, #2)
  • Captive Mermaid
  • Werewolf Rage (Taming the Wolf, #2)
  • In the Shadows (Lark, #2)
  • Rapture (The Elfin, #2)
  • Bittersweet (Faerie Song Trilogy, #2)
Julia crane is the author of the Keegan’s Chronicles, IFICS. She has a bachelors degree in criminal justice. Julia has believed in magical creatures since the day her grandmother first told her an Irish tale. Growing up her mother greatly encouraged reading and using your imagination.

More about Julia Crane

Between Worlds (5 books)
  • Dark Promise (Between Worlds, #1)
  • Eternal Promise (Between Worlds #3)
  • Forgotten Promise (Between Worlds #4)
  • Unexpected Promise (Between Worlds #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • The Rules of Magic
    $11.99 $4.99
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)