Start by marking “For Those In Peril On The Sea” as Want to Read:
For Those In Peril On The Sea

Read Excerpt

For Those In Peril On The Sea

(For Those In Peril #1)

Primarily set in the northern Bahamas, this book weaves its story of post-apocalyptic survival into the local sub-tropical seascape and the sailing culture that can be found there. With its evocative use of real locations haunted by zombie-like infected and atmospheric depictions of the trials of life at sea drawn from the author’s own experiences, For Those In Peril On Th ...more
Paperback, First, 364 pages
Published January 3rd 2013 by Pictish Beast Publications

To ask other readers questions about For Those In Peril On The Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Those In Peril On The Sea

Marc Roberson
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Primarily set in the northern Bahamas, this book weaves its story of post-apocalyptic survival into the local sub-tropical seascape and the sailing culture that can be found there. With its evocative use of real locations haunted by zombie-like infected and atmospheric depictions of the trials of life at sea drawn from the author's own experiences, For Those In Peril On The Sea provides a new and unusual take on the traditional post-apocalyptic genre.
Harrison Lamb
Compelling. Original. A better-than-average zombie story.

For Those In Peril On The Sea is a zombie apocalypse tale with a cool premise -- a group of survivors of the apocalypse creating a floating community on the water near a small island in the Abacos, fending off the infected, dealing with the rapidly-changing weather, scavenging abandoned boats in the docks and some of the smaller less-dangerous islands nearby for supplies, trying to maintain peace within the community as personalities clash
Cindy McDonald
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Consider this: You’ve been hired to deliver a boat from South Africa to Miami. You begin your journey across the Atlantic with a small crew of four. All goes well until a horrific storm blows in and strips you of your communication systems. You are completely cut-off from the world for weeks.

It is a long tedious passage and you are anxious to enter the harbor of Miami, only when you arrive there is nothing left. Miami is burning to the ground and the people that you see on shore no longer resemb
Zombie
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Zombie Fans
Recommended to Zombie by: The Author
For Those in Peril On the Sea was really enjoyable. I initially assumed the sea would be used for little in the book except as a means for the characters to get from location to location. I found the fact the characters formed a floating community on the water a welcome and unexpected twist.

Another one of the aspects I enjoyed about this novel is the fact that it seems no one is safe. Like many of the most popular literary works of our time just as you become attached to a character in this zomb
Maggie
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Geri
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, recommend, won
I LOVE ZOMBIES!
Though not actually come back to life brain eaters these are just as good.
They are caused by a drug company doing illegal testing that went way wrong.
The author has a fantastic imagination.
Makes me wonder what else is lurking up there that might become his next book.
I'm so glad he worked as an extra on the movie World War Z where talking with others gave him the incentive to turn his ideas into this great story.
Part of me is hoping for a sequel but I like the way the book ended so
Laurie Maynard
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kept me interested and wanting to read more of the series. A bit disappointed to find after I read it that the next book in the series doesn't start out with the same characters. The same characters as the first book don't come back until book 3. Would probably give it 3.5 stars but haven't figured out how to give half stars.
Stephanie Ovak
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
I borrowed this from the Amazon Lending Library, as I was interested in reading a zombie novel. I thought it was an interesting twist on the "normal" zombie stories. I thought characterization could have been a bit better, but I stayed engaged throughout the book.
Marsha Belflower
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!! An interesting, thought provoking new take on the zombie apocalypse genre. Lots of nail biting, tense moments. Great action. I loved it. If I could gave given it 10 stars I would have! Highly recommend this one.
Pinaki
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Well, this is the first post apocalyptic zombie book I've read, so nothing to compare it to. But, I'll have to say, the book hits the spot. The story plays along nicely and the language is fluid and easy reading. The story is full of ups and downs, keeping the reader glued to the book till the end.
Andrea
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really great zombie book! Already bought Drysdale's other two books.
Best Indie Book Award
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biba-winner
Winner of the Best Indie Book Award!
Christian Biagi
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked it. Very easy read. Zombie infestation on the land. Small group of sailing vessels and yachts struggling to survive. Picked it up for 99 cents on amazon.

Sandy
Scott Bunting
Jan 10, 2014
  • Stolen Identity
  • The Underground
  • A Tree of Bones (Hexslinger, #3)
  • Bones Omnibus
  • What's Up with Catalonia?
  • The Tears of Orion (Opening Moves, #1)
  • Semmant
  • Hidden Under Her Heart (Chance for Love, #2)
  • Passing Judgement, Short Stories about Serving Justice
  • Prelude (Creatura, #0.5)
  • January Black
  • Dear Mr. Alien,...
  • The Light
  • The Deeper the Passion...
  • Monsters, Miracles & Mayonnaise
  • Kingdom Come
  • The Tyranny of Metrics
  • Scepter
Colin M. Drysdale was born in Glasgow, Scotland. He studied Zoology as an undergraduate at Glasgow University and has a doctorate in whale biology from the University of Aberdeen (also in Scotland). As part of his work, he has travelled extensively, and has spent time sailing around the west coast of Scotland, Newfoundland, Labrador, the Bahamas and Florida. He has also spent time in St. Helena, V ...more

For Those In Peril (2 books)
  • The Outbreak (For Those In Peril, #2)