Start by marking “Blood Relations: A Good Mormon Girl Mystery” as Want to Read:
Blood Relations: A Good Mormon Girl Mystery

Blood Relations: A Good Mormon Girl Mystery

Lane Cooley is the best Homicide Detective on the LAPD. But she isn't anything like you'd imagine. She's no fast-talking femme fatale... no, she's a Good Mormon Girl who doesn't smoke, drink, cuss, or even watch R-rated movies.

But that doesn't mean Lane misses out on all the blood and guts. Especially now. A new serial killer is in town, one who knows all the cops' tricks,
Published March 15th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Blood Relations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Relations

Start your review of Blood Relations: A Good Mormon Girl Mystery
Julie
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow. That was the first thing I uttered after I finished this book. It was that good. It was the kind of book that I've been looking for (a twisty clean, really well-done mystery) and haven't quite been able to find to this degree. It was unexpected.

Blood Relations is about Lane Cooley, a captain and one of the best homicide detectives in the LAPD. She's a Mormon, but it's just part of who she is. There was one part of the book where it describes how her job sometimes makes her feel like
Rosalyn Eves
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
First, a disclaimer: Michaelbrent is my cousin, and I've always felt vaguely guilty because I haven't read more of his books--but as his genre of preference is horror/thriller, you couldn't really pay me enough to read them. (I frighten myself enough as it is). When he announced a new book that was a genre I *do* read (mystery!), I was more than happy to purchase it. And perhaps this was a little naive of me, but the noir-ish cover and the "good Mormon girl" subtitle led me to expect something ...more
Nathan Shumate
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Only at the end did I remember what Michaelbrent had told me about this book before I bought it: People think they've got it figured out early on, then there's a satisfying twist at the end... and then ANOTHER twist that blindsides them. Describes me perfectly. (Really wish he'd let me do his book covers, though!)
Dane Bagley
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A really cool 'whodunit' mystery/thriller. It's fast paced with lots of action and surprises. It reminded me a little of the movie, "Brigham City."
Thom Stratton
Sep 06, 2014
Pam
Mar 04, 2014
Sharyn Simcox
rated it did not like it
May 25, 2017
Suzanne
Nov 13, 2017
Michaelbrent Collings
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katrina
Kayla
Oct 16, 2013
Robin
Oct 21, 2013
Michaelbrent Collings is an internationally-bestselling novelist, multiple Bram Stoker Award nominee, produced screenwriter, and one of the top indie horror writers in the United States.

He hopes someday to develop superpowers, or, if that is out of the question, then at least to get a cool robot arm.

Michaelbrent has a wife and several kids, all of whom are much better looking than he is (though he

News & Interviews