Start by marking “Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #3)

Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,993 ratings  ·  343 reviews
A fever ravages New London, but with the Brotherhood sending suspected witches straight to the gallows, the Sisters are powerless against the disease. They can’t help without revealing their powers—as Cate learns when a potent display of magic turns her into the most wanted witch in all of New England.

To make matters worse, Cate has been erased from the memory of her belo
Published August 14th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sisters' Fate, please sign up.

Brittany Perry the ending was tad predictable but still I was very happy with it. It was an original take on the subject matter and I loved how it has such an…morethe ending was tad predictable but still I was very happy with it. It was an original take on the subject matter and I loved how it has such an important theme. I mean the oppression of women is a hot subject right now with all that Emma Watson stuff.(less)
YA Novels of 2014
132nd out of 1,513 books — 8,470 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
211th out of 2,661 books — 15,919 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda Liston
If there was ever a book I eagerly awaited it’s SISTER’S FATE by Jessica Spotswood. If you want proof of my insane level of devotion to this series, read my review of the second book in the series, STAR CURSED. I’m actually a little crazy.

Reading this book was extra special because I had just gotten back from shooting King of the Nerds and read most of it while watching my kids at the pool, I had missed them so much so it was a really fun time of doing my favorite past time with my favorite peo
Lelia Nebeker
It's not often that you encounter a series where each book is better than the previous one, but Jessica Spotswood may have achieved this with her Cahill Witch Chronicles. 'Sisters' Fate' is the third and final chapter in the story of Cate Cahill and her magic-wielding sisters living in an alternate version of late nineteenth-century New England. With the help of their fellow witches, the Cahill sisters work to undermine the corrupt oligarchy of the Brotherhood, which seeks to eliminate magic and ...more
Jun 02, 2013 Liana marked it as to-read
Jana (The Book Goddess)

Am I the only one who thinks Cate will end up killing Maura in the end? WE SHALL SEE.
2.5 stars - Spoilers

It was okay, the plot was rather predictable and generic but it still managed to be fairly engaging. What really lessened my enjoyment was the rubbish heroine, she wasn't likeable or endearing in any way… But that seems to be the case for most YA heroines.

-Cate was uninteresting and insufferable, her narration really let the book down. She spent most of her time feeling sorry for herself and banging on about Finn… I loathe heroines who waste time moaning about some guy inste
Annette Dellosa
EDITED 08/22/14:
Oh why oh why was there so little of Finn here? Nevertheless, this book was epic. I liked Cate more in this book than the past two. She grew up and was able to decide for herself.

I want an epilogue though. Can't we have one?

EDITED 09/10/13:
OMG! The cover!!! I love it! Jessica, I do like the other title, Thrice Fated. I love consistency. Nonetheless, I can't wait for this. :)

I know this book's going to have an EPIC finale.
This was just spectacular, there aren't even words.

There were so many feels, I'm surprised my head didn't explode. This book is filled with heartbreak and love, pain and happiness, swoons and hatred and the roller coaster of a ride ends with a few twists that I definitely didn't see coming.

Thank you Jessica, for sharing this amazing journey with us.
It was everything I wanted it to be.
An unforgettable roller coaster ride that delivers surprises you won't see coming. A satisfying end to an essential trilogy. I guess now I need to start over with book 1 again, right?
Lindsay Smith
Such a satisfying and rich conclusion to a LOVELY trilogy!!!

Review to come closer to release.
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Well its finally here. The end! I remember when this first installment swept me off my feet. It was a story that I remember and loved so much that I had to follow it. I did. I’m sad to see this series end.

Plot: This story follows what has develop from the first book so if you have not read the books you should. The plot immediately pulls the reader in with a sense of sadness. Much has changed between the sisters even going to far as taking away a loved one. The sisters are having trouble balanci
Cate, Maura und Tess sind Schwestern und sie sind Hexen. Dies darf jedoch niemand erfahren, denn sie leben zur Zeit der Hexenverfolgung. Sollte jemals jemand erfahren, was sie sind, droht ihnen Verbannung und im schlimmsten Fall sogar der Tod. Eines Tages stößt Cate im Tagebuch ihrer verstorbenen Mutter auf eine Prophezeiung, die besagt, dass drei Hexenschwestern entweder in ein neues goldenes Zeitalter führen oder den Beginn einer Schreckensherrschaft auslösen werden. Schnell ist Cate klar, das ...more
The whole series was incredible but this ending is one of the most satisfying endings ever. I wouldn't change a thing because it's got the perfect mix of action, love, heartbreak and plot twists.
Lots of tears at the end because Jessica Spotswood's writing is just phenomenal. I just wish to read about these characters forever but this was the perfect conclusion. A series I'll cherish forever surely.
Brittany Perry
This book was AMAZING wrapped in a tortilla of AWESOMENESS and sprinkled with melted glory. Oh first off I loved the first two books. In this one things come to a head and the brotherhood sign their own death warrant. Also the ending was a little predictable but it was very satisfying.
Oct 22, 2013 Vivian marked it as to-read
I cried at the end of Star Cursed! I love Finn so much! I need to read this book now!!!
Sep 10, 2014 Miranda marked it as nope
Since reading Born Wicked, I’ve been wondering about the kinds of awful things that might happen to turn the sisters against one another in the grand finale. I got my answer in Sisters’ Fate. And while it’s heartbreaking to witness all the brutality, chaos and deaths, I loved this book so much that I’d made a note in my planner to carve out time in the upcoming weeks to re-read the entire series.

The ending of Star Cursed (book two) was agonizing. Cate was deeply hurt and I wasn’t surprised to se
Jessie Potts
Why you should read it: This is the final Cahill Witch Chronicle and I'm going to miss the sisters. I love that this isn't set in modern-day times. It gives readers a unique and fun aspect of the series. Cate Cahill is such a great heroine. I feel for her and almost cried when Finn "forgot" her. I hated Maura but wanted her to stop being so devious and start working on her relationship with Cat and Tess. For those of you who haven't picked up Born Wicked, YOU MUST! Cat doesn't think she can do a ...more
It took me a while to actually get around to reading this, in comparison to the time it took between reading Born Wicked and Star Cursed. I couldn't get it at first, because I need to use the Amazon UK (there's no Irish Amazon sadface) and I had to wait till it was available and it obviously wasn't in the library like the other two cause it was just after being published.

Anywho, I think Star Cursed ended on an EXCELLENT cliff-hanger. What the hell was going to happen between Cate and Maura? Maur
Amy_Read to My Heart's Content
Such a beautiful ending. Yes, there were heartbreaks and loss, (view spoiler) but there were also the strong bonds, loyalty, romance, and the prospect of new beginnings. Not only for the life of the witches, but also for Cate and Finn. It was really great and just... Oh, the feels!
Frida Arnesson
4,5 stjärnor, en mycket bra avslutning på en bra serie! Jag vill läsa mer böcker med häxor!
Schade, daß es vorbei ist. ein guter Abschluss dieser Trilogie.
Nach Coras Tod führt Inez die Schwesternschaft an. Während sie und Maura Cates Plan die Mädchen aus dem Gefängnis Harwood zu befreien missbilligen, sind sie von ihrer eigenen Tat, den Männern des Rates das Gedächtnis zu nehmen, immer noch überzeugt. Während sich die Schwesternschaft nicht einig ist und Cate Maura auch nicht verzeihen kann, was diese mit Finn getan hat, bricht in London ein tödliches Fieber aus. Das größte Chaos entsteht in der Stadt und Tess hat beängstige Visionen …

Mit der “Töc
Gabrielle (
Very well done. Loved the ending and how it wrapped everything up. One of my favorite YA trilogies out there right now!

Not sure if I'll be posting a full review soon or closer to the release date. Either way, just know that I LOVED this book.
Kim Griffin
Cate has been betrayed by her sister, Maura, in an unbelievably cruel way and feels she can never forgive her. Meanwhile, a sickness is spreading throughout New England and the Brotherhood is trying to cover up the seriousness of the illness, which is simply leading to more outbreaks. The witches want to help those afflicted but have to be so careful about using their magic, that they are unable to be of much help. Cate is heartbroken that Finn no longer remembers their relationship and wants to ...more
Ce dernier tome je l’ai lu en craignant le pire en fait. On reprend juste après la fin du tome 2 qui se termine de façon déchirante, au point que je redoutais un peu de lire ce tome. Du coup j’avais plein de théories et si c’était la plus jeune qui se fait tuer, et si c’était Cate et si… ils tuaient Finn ? Oh non, ça ce serait horrible… Donc avec ça en tête, la tension de l’histoire causée par le Brotherhood, les rivalités internes au sein des sorcières, les moments où Cate et Finn se retrouven ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 26, 2015 06:11AM
  • Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)
  • Witchfall (The Tudor Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Starling (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #3)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Baygirl
  • Brazen
  • The Spiritglass Charade (Stoker & Holmes, #2)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Wayfarer (Tales of Beauty & Madness, #2)
  • Whisper the Dead (The Lovegrove Legacy, #2)
  • Promise Bound (Lies Beneath, #3)
  • Steadfast (Spellcaster, #2)
  • Maid of Deception (Maids of Honor, #2)
  • Starbreak (Starglass, #2)
  • The Faerie Queen (The Faerie Ring #4)
  • Intuition (Transcendence, #2)
I heart books, board games, tea, the color pink, theatre, twirly dresses, and bells chiming the hour. I live in Washington, DC with my playwright husband and a cuddly cat named Monkey. I work part-time as a children's library associate for the DC Public Library. I'm frighteningly enthusiastic.

I use GR to keep track of what I read and to recommend books that I really love.

If you're interested in i
More about Jessica Spotswood...

The Cahill Witch Chronicles (3 books)
  • Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)
  • Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1) Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2) A Tyranny of Petticoats Wild Swans Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves

“Cate, I cant say what you want to hear. Not yet. I want you to know that--when I do, I'll mean it. Completely. Irrevocably."
"When?" I ask, voice small but hopeful. "Not if?"
"When." He takes my cold hand in his. "I'm falling in love with you more every day. I don't know if they were the same things I loved about you before, but now--the bit of red in your hair. The way you tilt your chin when you get angry, like you're charging into battle. How fiercely protective you are of the people you care about. How big your capacity for forgiveness is. You are an amazing woman, Cate Cahill.”