Start by marking “Paranormal Anthology with a Twist” as Want to Read:
Paranormal Anthology with a Twist

Paranormal Anthology with a Twist

What begin as an idea soon set into motion a chain of events that would lead to heart-stopping action, amazing suspense, and stories that will stick with you way after you are done.

Unique, unexpected, beyond imagining…shocking TWISTS that will have you frantically turning back the pages to see what clues you overlooked to have missed what was coming.

Paranormal stories that
Published March 18th 2013 by Indie Style Press

To ask other readers questions about Paranormal Anthology with a Twist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paranormal Anthology with a Twist

Start your review of Paranormal Anthology with a Twist
Terri Baldwin
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Voices of the Soul (Soul Seers One) by Rene Folsom

Orella (Ella) heard voices in her head, actually the thoughts of others, as long as she could remember. She and her mother were in a terrible car accident shortly before her 14th birthday. After Ella awoke in the hospital following the accident, she was brought to see her mother who was being kept alive on life support. Her mother talked to her in her head, explaining the gift that she had and that she was a soul seer. Her mother had this gift
Theresa
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta
I've always enjoyed stories with twists and this anthology provided plenty of good ones. Twist has a great variety of stories, from the haunting style of Sweet Lenora to the interesting vampire lore found in Little Tchotchkes and the hilarious teenage angst of All I Want For Christmas. Each story is engaging and entertaining. The anthology covers almost the full gamut of paranormal creatures: mind readers, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, zombies, Mormons (yes, Mormons are paranormal here), ...more
Natalie
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal Anthology With A Twist
Edited And Compiled By Cynthia Shepp & Rene Folsom

*Voices of the Soul by Rene Folsom*

Ella has a very special gift. Her mother is on her death bed and needs to tell Ella of this special gift before it is too late.
Ella has heard voices through out her life, but never really knew what was taking place in her mind.

Six years after her mothers death, Ella sits in her art class distratced.......until he walks in.......Jonah Chantrey that is.

Suddenly Ella's thoughts
Caroline Rolley
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This collection of short stories has something for all paranormal fans! The twists are very well done and most take you totally by surprise. It's hard to review an anthology of short stories without telling each of the stories, but they're all very well written and different from each other. If you need quick but satisfying reads, this book is well worth it!
Claire Thake
A brilliant anthology separated into 11 short stories. I don't want to ruin the surprise of any of the stories so has instead written by opinions of them all individually not giving the stories away.

Voice of the Soul - Rene Folsom
I absolutely loved this story! Very well written and I found myself drawn into the story. Will definitely be looking into reading the other novellas which continue this story.

Number 18 - Michael Loring
Short but sweet, this had my mind wondering from the beginning what
Ann-marie
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This Anthology is a great compilation of authors, most of whom I have not heard of before now. I enjoyed all the stories in here, and they kept me guessing throughout each one. There were a few stories I thought I had figured out half way through, just to be proven wrong. I wrote down the names of a few authors that I plan on looking up to see what else they have available to read, because I love their writing style.

I definitely recommend this book if you are looking for something spooky, and
Magen McMinimy
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I probably shouldn't leave a review because I have my own short story in the anthology, but ignoring what I think of my own story there are some very talented authors represented in this book and I enjoyed every single story I read. Well Done All
Pamela Stuard
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
very awesome read!!! amazing stories well written
S. Policar
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Heidi
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and had it read within in two days. I always like to find new authors, and this was a glimpse into what they write. I have added a couple to my want to read another one list. They were also free of many typo's that really annoys me when I read many beta books. I do not like spoilers so I will give a brief review of each book.

Voices of the Soul: Wow! I really didn't see the twist that was coming in this book. It had me wanting to know more. Renee Folsom has been added
Brandy Rivers
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Overall 4.5

Interesting mix of stories. Some I loved but I liked the rest so I will go with a four because I prefer my stories longer and meatier but I would give it an extra half star if I had that option. And since its an anthology I'll be short and too the point on each

Voices of the Soul - I really did love this one even though I generally hate that kind of ending

Number 18 - The story kept me reading.

Sweet Lenora - This story didn't pull me in as much as some of the others.

Truth or Dare - Not
Sadie Yates
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was an adventures read.Each story was vivid and full of imagery.There were a few stories I found to be predictable,but I think with so many vampire stories it's hard not to be.My top 3 stories were:Voices of the soul, Bloodlines and Metronome. "Voice" was a great way to start the readings.I was on the journey with the character and the ending through me for a loop. Bloodlines use of history and religious elements blended beautifully.Great imagery that you can see the battle unfold. And ...more
Julia
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Voices of the Soul - I was really enjoying this story, until the end. The ending ruined it for me. But before that it was a good paranormal love story.

Number 18 - liked this story, and liked the twist at the end.

Sweet Lenora - This story was just ok for me. I really didn't care much about Lenora, and I felt she was a little weak willed.

Truth or Dare - I liked the beginning of the story.

Suburban Zombie - I thought this was funny and original. I liked all the dark humor.

All I Want for Christmas -
Tonya
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great anthology filled with awesome stories that will leave you wanting more and some really amazing authors! I loved each and every story in this anthology, all are 5 stars.

Rene Folsom- Soul Seers 1: Great short read, does end with you wanting more and wondering what is happening, but all novellas are out now. I love Ella and Jonah!

Michael Loring- Number 18: Loved this story, left me wanting more!! Michael's werewolves are awesome, they aren't your sissy wolves!!

Bart Hopkins- Sweet
Sati Marie Frost
A very nice anthology here, much better than most horror collections that I've read. None of the stories were bad, although there were a couple that I didn't quite warm to, as well as a handful that I enjoyed, and two - Voices of the Soul and Bloodlines - that I thought were piercingly beautiful.

Voices I have in single ebook form, and I've been planning to reread the whole Soul Seers series, so I skipped it this time round, but I know that it was one of my top five (out of nearly 400!) books
Kristin Maddock
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice read. Each story brought a new "twist". I won a copy of this but after reading it I would have gladly paid for it. If you are looking for something light and mysterious, this is the one for you! Good job to the writers!
Kristy Griffin
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love anthologies. I get to know new authors that I fall in love with.
Liza
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! All the stories were great and the twists were so out there. But the best we're definitely '"Voices of the Soul" by Rene Folsom and "Suburban Zombie" by Anthony Lance. Whoa!
Sabina Bundgaard
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This anthology contains 11 stories. I will go through each story in the order they come in the book, and then in the end I will tell you which ones was my favorites and what I thought overall about this anthology. But before I get there, you should know that this anthology IS with a twist. Each story had to have a twist in it – and let me tell you, some of these I did NOT see coming!
So, let’s begin with the first story:

Voices of the Soul by Rene Folsom

Orella (Ella) has been hearing voices all
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
It is always hard to review an anthology of short stories, especially one where each story is written by a different author. Some authors resonate more with the reader than others. In Paranormal Anthology with a Twist, you have eleven stories, each one completely different from the last. The thread that holds them all together is the "twist" that each one has.

I think that I'll stick to what worked best for me (focus on the good). One of my favorite indie authors, Jason Brant, has a great little
Brittany
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
So many of these stories were made with such creative imaginations and I absolutely loved this anthology. It was even better than the first one. There were so many twists and turns that I didn't see coming. Some of the stories left me thinking "what the hell just happened"? That was the anthology's intention and it has succeeded. The endings were unpredictable. Especially with the story Truth or Dare. It completely caught me off guard and I loved the theme of it. The classic college kids playing ...more
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
I was going to do a mini review for each of the stories within the anthology, but then I realised just how large this post would be.
I've never been overly keen on anthologies, in the past I've always felt like I was missing out on the bigger story. This is a great anthology of shorts, and works as a great introduction to 11 new to me authors. There are a few books that I have seen written by a few of these authors, but I wasn't ready to take the jump into buying their work but having seen
Patricia Shull
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ashley
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book more than the Apocalypse one! These stories were more along the storyline I enjoy. But, they were both great and had wonderful authors! I loved the first story in this one. I read all of the books in the Soul Seers series! Rene Folsum is a great author! My other favorite was Suburban Zombie! By the title I was a little unsure but it was fantastic! Hilarious and I loved it! Anthony Lance hit a home run on that story! This was a great collection of stories and would highly ...more
Antie
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I love paranormal books, so I was excited to read this one. I love how the authors had to have some criteria but had created such different stories. I think they all did a great job. I was shocked and amazed by the twists these stories had. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves paranormal stories. The stories are short but not too short that you feel like you are missing something. This is a great read!
Linda Rimer-Como
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
There are 11 different authors
that have written stories that are exciting, haunting and spooky, with all sorts of paranormal creatures. I found this book interesting but like some stories better then others. If you like spooky, this is for you.
Sandra Wolf
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book was a nice and thrilling read. I loved all stories, except the first one, which I found a bit too long and boring. The story "All I want for Christmas" was hilarious. What I liked the most was the different writing styles and ways to see the paranormal genre.
Jim
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful collection of stories that will catch you by surprise. All are well done. My favorite story is "Little Tchotchkes" by Nicki Scalise.
Rebecca Johnson Dye
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Talk about stories with a twist and some with a What the Heck! Liked all the stories, some more then others, but overall this anthology was a great read!

1. Voices of the Soul- Loved this story from the beginning was so in gross in the 2 characters story that I didn't see Rene cranked her semi truck up and plowed me over at the end, literally messaged her saying What the Heck???
2.#18- Wow Creepy stalker & his POV is how it's told, then Karma hits.
3 Sweet Lenora- Very good story, though kinda
Tena
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I'm not sure if I got this as a freebie, a giveaway, purchased it, or one of my AMAZON PRIME loaners but it was next on my kindle to read list: I stayed up late nights over the weekend to read this book... each story was diverse enough from the others so that they didn't bleed into each other's theme. Great collection of stories, well written, I'm going to read it again soon to catch the bits I know I missed as I was not expecting most of the twists!
Independent Autho...: TWIST IS LIVE! 3 13 Mar 18, 2013 10:44AM
Independent Autho...: Please add TWIST to your TO-READ list 7 14 Mar 18, 2013 12:51AM

• Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
  • Primal Fear (Vail/Stampler #1)
  • FDR and Chief Justice Hughes: The President, the Supreme Court, and the Epic Battle Over the New Deal
  • Black Gods and Scarlet Dreams
  • An H. P. Lovecraft Encyclopedia
  • Trigger Men: Shadow Team, Spider-Man, the Magnificent Bastards, and the American Combat Sniper
  • Necroscope (Necroscope #1)
  • Melmoth the Wanderer
  • The Amulet (The Midnight Eye Files #1)
  • The Nine Princesses Series: 3 Princess Novels