Start by marking “Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)

Fighting for Irish

(Fighting for Love #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5,954 ratings  ·  561 reviews
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He'll fight for her life. She'll fight for his love.

Kat MacGregor has forty-eight hours to make good on the debt her ex-boyfriend owes a crime boss. Unfortunately, the measly tips she makes waitressing are barely enough for her to live on, much less cover the twenty-thousand needed to keep her breathing. With time r
Published January 13th 2014 by Entangled: Brazen

To ask other readers questions about Fighting for Irish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fighting for Irish

really liked it 4.00  ·

• Lisa •
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brazen-addict
FIVE FIGHTING STARS.

description

I'm in brazen book overload and I can't help but love it. Gina L Maxwell has always been a favorite brazen author for my reading tastes, this time around she has completely blown me away by this beautifully written, touching story. This author has more than delivered a treat, and I can't wait for, Gina Maxwell enthusiasts to grab this novel. Readers if you are a fan of this author or even if you haven't been in the past, you must add this to your to be read shelves. Here are
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

You with me, Kitten?

Whoa. Gina L. Maxwell just continues to prove one thing; the woman can write. I went into this expecting a typical Brazen read. You know what I'm talking about. It's a whole lot of steamy, a little fluffy, entertaining read with some dirty talk thrown into the mix. Is that what I got with this book? Not even close. Don't get me wrong, it was still steamy and entertaining with some delicious dirty talk thrown into the mix. But it was certainly not fluffy. Not even a little b
A.D. Marrow
I was going to wait to post this review, but it needed to be posted somewhere. I received an ARC in exchange for this. Anyone who knows me knows that I won't mince words. I don't care if you are my mother, if I don't like something, I'm going to tell you.

In the interest of full disclosure, before this review gets underway, it needs to be known that I am actually friends with Gina Maxwell. Now, making that statement isn't one of those, ‘oh, aren’t I special’ things. It just needed to be said bef
Catarina
3 Fighting Stars,

description

Kat or “Sidney” is in a big trouble. Her asshole of an ex-boyfriend owes a lot of money to some bad people and somehow she ended up in the middle and now she has 48 hours to get it. Her only choice is “Irish” (Don’t let the name fool you, he’s from Boston), her future brother-in-law good friend and retired fighter who now fights his own demons. Irish only choice is to fight again to get the money.
But as the time goes two broken people realize that they are feeling something t
Jamie
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gina Does It Again!

I've been a huge fan of Gina's ever since her first book in this series, Seducing Cinderella and she certainly didn't let me down here. I lover her easy sexy stories with possessive protective alpha's coming the rescue of her feisty women. I'm also a huge MMA fan; and even though there's not a lot of actual fighting in these books..these guys are still fighters so that's another huge plus for me....

Meet Aiden "Irish" O'Brien....A fighter that's been off the grid for a while
Mo
Oct 03, 2013 added it
I am not going to rate it because i did not finish it. I may go back to it at some stage in the future....
I loved the first two books in the series so I think my expectations were way too high. That and the fact that it had an "Irish" theme running through it. I know he was not Irish, he was from Southie, Boston so he had the Irish connection.

Note to self -
just because "Irish" is in the title does not automatically mean it is going to be good.....
just because all your friends loved it and gave
Susanne
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it

I really wanted to love this book. I have seen all my friends with great taste love this book. And I loved #2 in this series. It started off great - and I was sure I was going to love it.
"You can call me Kat."
He canted his head slightly. "As in the adult version of kitten?"
That made her smile. A little. "As in the shortened version of Katherine. With a K."
Unfortunately, we hit a bump I couldn't get over. The biggest problem with the book for me was, as I have already indicated, the lying. Bu
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
UPDATED REVIEW~~~~~~
4.5 Tough, Scrappy, Survivor Stars * * * *

I have been waiting to share my love for this very special book...it has all you expect of the brand... and then it sneaks up on you and hits you with the most caring real story of two lost souls meeting and saving each other...

This is the third book of Gina L. Maxwell’s I have read. I feel she is on a roll. In the first two, we got a taste of her style; her way of weaving together MMA fighters, women they discovered and pursued with
Elizabeth
May 08, 2013 marked it as to-read
SOO Excited!!! [Picture is from Gina's Pinterest Board for Fighting Irish]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ

- Review now posted 13.01.2014

I was lucky to win an ARC on facebook from the Author!

4 Stars

Thank you very much Gina for giving me the opportunity to review this book. I love Gina’s books and have read all her books and love it.

Release date: 13 January 2014
Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Irish-...
Genre: Romantic – Erotica
HEA (view spoiler)

Meet Aiden O’Brien aka Irish (Tattooed / piercings and an accent – SOLD)

Here is my Kat aka Sydney

At first I could
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Changing up my review because well i have a self rule to never DNF a book i purchased! (i work hard for that damn money, lol!) So i am adding an addendum here, because well, i felt bad and finshed this...

so I still stand by the fact that I just cant wrap my head around this! Irish..well, yep you are all alpha and hot, but yet you are a complete mush ball around Kat who is just WRONG...why you ask?...well the whole "Stop...no dont...it hurts but it feels so good." Um...so never had an orgasm huh?
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
3 stars

Something about this story didnt click with me. Kat is on the run from people she owes money from. Aiden, has his own past and is helping his friend keep an eye on her.

Maybe I was just missing the connection with the main characters or it could be this one was heavier than the previous books. It picked up halfway but it sealed a 3 star rating from me when (view spoiler) *eye roll*

I think its just me.
Jenn
What I liked about this book:
1. The sweet names Aiden gave Kat: My girl, kitten, sweetheart and baby
2. I loved how protective, caring and attentive Aiden was to Kat
3. The last chapter
4. I liked Aiden's friend, Xander
5. The MMA part of the book
6. How Aiden helped Kat over come her "road block". He was so good and patient and sweet about this part and I really liked how he helped her slowly over come this part in her life.
7. Dual POV
8. Fast paced

Aiden "Irish" O'Brien is a retired MMA fighter. He h
Andrea
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gina L. Maxwell has done it again. Fighting for Irish is the 3rd book in the Fighting for Love series. It can be read as a stand alone, but I believe you will get even more enjoyment from reading the previous two (Seducing Cinderella and Rules of Entanglement).

Fighting for Irish is a bit "darker" than the previous books in this series, but by no means is it "dark". It deals with some very real, very sensitive issues. The transformation for both characters dealing with their own past demons to o
BethyMac
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo FFIcollage_zps07c1f9db.png

”Everyone deserves to be loved, O’Brien. Even you. You’re just too lost in the past to realize it”

Loving “Irish”, a.k.a. Aiden O’Brien was definitely not an issue at all for me. Either was truly loving another fabulous MMA fighter book from Gina L. Maxwell. I was very lucky and very honoured to have received an ARC of Fighting Irish from the author. I have been anxiously awaiting for this book, and after months of reading little bits of teasers the author gave us, I dove right in the moment
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Barely Okay... It was okay. I don't know. For me it took forever to get going. Every time I thought something good would happen, it would fizzle out. I liked the characters and understood their issues. I just wanted more action, more love, just more.
Janey
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: entangled, arc, series, fighter
ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review

Aiden "Irish" O'Brien is a former MMA fighter, who had ceased stepping into a cage since his temper had lead to a death of a dear friend.

His long term pal, Jax, had asked a favour of him, to look after his bride to be's little sister, who they feared had got herself in all sorts of trouble.

Kat had been let down many times, not only by her parents, but by every guy she had met subsequently. Her latest beau had left her running
Vishous
This started really well! I really liked it, but after the first 50 % I was struggling to finish it! I even wanted to give up around 75%, but made myself push it to the end! I just lost focus because I felt like it was stretched in a way to give a more plot and less romance. This sounds like I don't like the plot... It just became kinda boring...

Oh god... Sometimes I hate writing reviews like this and sometimes it just makes my day to rant how bad the book is. But here... I don't like it becaus
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
I can't believe I'm DNFing a Gina Maxwell book but I'm not enjoying this one and I miss the chemistry that was red hot in the first 2 in this series.

DNF @ 44%
Kim Bailey
4.5 Stars

Wow! just ... Wow!

I cannot believe what a complete departure this book was from it's predecessors. The first 2 books of this series were cute & light & fun & romantic .... Fighting for Irish was So. Much. More. This book has a deeper emotional connection and deals with a serious topic, making it much more than just a light read.

I absolutely adored Irish. He is not only sinnfully sexy, but caring and loving. He is the whole package - a man with emotion, wrapped in a delicious
Kara
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love a great book!

One of my favorite lines was at the beginning: "Hulk Smash!" I knew that Maxwell wouldn't disappoint!

doesn't this line make you melt?
"Look at me." She did. "the fact that you don't know how incredibly sexy you are makes you that much sexier. And don't worry about getting my pants undone. I've been doing it for years, and I'm more than willing to help out."

This series is a worthy read... I promise.
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
When, oh when can we get this?? I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Len
5 Fighting Stars

I really really enjoyed the story. It was a complete package of
romance,humor,and steam. I was hooked from page one till end. This was more intense than the first two books. Don't get me wrong, Seducing Cinderella & Rules of Entanglement is good book, but this is better (IMO) and I loved it.

We had met Kat from book 2. The trouble she's into was making her life harder than it was before. Vanessa as a loving sister, sent Aiden to looked after her sister. To Aiden, it was just
Kim
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalone
4 Fighting Stars!

Damn Gina Maxwell and all of her sexy alpha men! ;)

Aiden "Irish" O'Brien heads over to Louisiana to help his friend check on his fiancé's sister, who has been MIA for awhile. When he finds her, he's immediately taken with her. He has skeletons in his closet and is afraid to let another woman get too close. He's taken a leave from the MMA scene for the last handful of years because of this. What was supposed to be a brief check in, turns into a few months. He can't leave her beca
Pat
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

This is the third novel in Ms. Maxwell's series, Fighting For Love. I have read the first two books in the series and loved them. This is, in my opinion, her best. The story has action, suspense, very strong characters and sizzle that will keep you turning pages.

Aiden (Irish) Murphy is a tattooed, multiple pierced, haunted former MMA fighter. A tragic accident has ruined his taste for fighting in the cage, and he fears the rage he keeps locked inside. A request from a fighter friend Jax, ( Rule
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
1 STAR / DNF at 80%

I guess we can call this an epic fail. I tried to BR this with Maura earlier this year, upon release date I believe. First I dnf'd it around 35%.
Shortest BR ever! We both abandoned the ship!
And 3 times more I picked it up, why, I don't know, but I still managed to reach 80% mark...
Angie
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lucky, lucky me. I received an ARC of "Irish" from Gina L. Maxwell in exchange for an honest review and what a gift. This is her best published work to date, in my humble opinion.
"Fighting for Irish" is everything a hot romantic suspense story should be and more, much more.
The characters Kat and Irish fit right into Gina's world of super-sexy MMA Fighters and their strong women, but the intensity of their own personal stories takes the series up a notch...or ten.
Gina's writing style is always
Snow
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
It started soooo good...
I was thrilled...
Aiden "Irish", the fighter, Cooler in a bar, protector,he was everything a girl could want from a guy - patient, warm, loving, caring...who was carrying out a favor he owed to his friend, by finding her, watch over her and protect her, and he ended up falling in love, hard with her (his best friend fiancee's sister-did you get that?! LOL) - Kat/Sidney-a girl with an ugly past,who relived a horrible experience as a teen and who's now running away/hiding fr
Sammy ⭐️
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, fighters
I can't believe I'm only giving this 3 stars as the first 2 books in this series are high up on my favourites list. I just felt that the intense chemistry that normally flows in a Gina Maxwell book was lacking.
Nadine
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, sports, tattoos
3 Stars

The story started strong but lost me around 70%.
I can't even tell you exactly why, but I guess all that mob stuff was too much for me.
And in the end we had too many unnecessary sex scenes, too.

• Two Wrongs, One Right (Come Undone, #3)
  • Playing the Part
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • His Risk to Take (Line of Duty, #2)
  • Falling for the Groomsman (Wedding Dare, #1)
  • No Strings Attached (Falling for You, #1)
  • Game for Trouble (Game for It, #2)
  • Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)
  • Below The Belt
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • Obsession (The Plus One Chronicles, #3)
  • Best Man with Benefits (McCade Brothers #3; Wedding Dare #4)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Recipe for Seduction (Madewood Brothers, #3)
  • Fighting Love (Love to the Extreme, #2)
  • Forever (The Finale to the This Series)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Dare to Resist (Wedding Dare, #0.5)
Gina L. Maxwell is a full-time writer, wife, and mother living in the upper Midwest, despite her scathing hatred of snow and cold weather. An avid romance novel addict, she began writing as an alternate way of enjoying the romance stories she loves to read. Her debut novel, Seducing Cinderella, hit both the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists in less than four weeks, and she’s been livin ...more

Fighting for Love (4 books)
  • Seducing Cinderella (Fighting for Love, #1)
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • Sweet Victory (Fighting for Love, #4)
“Baby, you’re not the one who’s broken. The assholes who mistreated you, they’re the broken ones. You did what you had to do to survive them.” 18 likes
“There's no life for me anymore without you, Kat. I'll protect you until my very last breath. I swear it.” 7 likes