Start by marking “Beyond the Iron Gate: Zara's Journey (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Iron Gate: Zara's Journey (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada #0.5)

Beyond the Iron Gate: Zara's Journey

(The Lost Kingdom of Fallada 0.5)

In the year 1845, before the mystical land of Fallada was separated from the realm of men forever, the two worlds coexisted in harmony. Man could mingle freely in the world of the Elves and Faeries at will and peace reigned. In the hills of Shropshire, England, just miles from the gate separating the village of Ludlow from the world of mystical creatures, farmer’s daughter ...more
Published March 17th 2013 by Anchor Group Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Iron Gate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Iron Gate

Elisabeth Wheatley
If you are acquainted with the bloggersphere of Tumblr, you have probably heard the term “oh, so many feels.” If not, that means you have a life and I congratulate you, but this book left me with “oh, so many feels.” It was so sweet and beautiful and romantic and charming and heartbreaking all at once and is a kind of fairytale we need more of.

The plot:

I read this in one sitting. The story trots along at a pace that keeps you hooked, showing us the villain’s diabolical workings to maintain the s
Emily Fogle
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beyond the Iron Gate by Alicia Michaels is an amazing, timeless, heart touching, modern day fairytale.
The story is a prequel to Red Dawn, explaining a little bit of Eranna’s bitterness and why she loathes Queen Adrah so much. It also tells of a young woman, Zara, and her quest for adventure. Zara lives in the world of men, but has never felt like she actually fits in. When she ventures to Fallada, however, the sense of belonging touches her heart and she knows that she has found her true home.
Nanette Bradford
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book to read for an honest review. I'm a total sucker for love stories and this one really got to me. It was hard for me to read.. Not because it was a bad book, far from it, it was because I could sense what was going to Happen and wanted to prolong my torture apparently. I didn't want the story to come to an end but as all great books do
I had to read on. I had to know what became of Zara and Kai.

In this book of Fallada the faerie Queen Adrah tells the story of two lovers and h
Sheri
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
**revision**
Upon speaking with the author, I found that this book was SUPPOSED to follow those same lines; like the stories from our childhood, with a darker twist! Now that I understand this, I liked it even more!**

While I did enjoy the story, I was a little concerned that it resembles several stories that I already know and love. For example, Snow White had a strong prevalence stemming from the "wicked queen" who frequents the magic mirror asking "Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who is the faire
Sabrina Guthrie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read. This was my first book to read by this particular author and it won't be my last. It took a fairy tale story and twisted it into an amazing read.

I will not lie. Near the end, a few twists and turns had me emotionally unstable and holding on to my seat but I recovered quickly as I turned to the last page. I love fairy tales. Anyone that knows me knows that. This book amplified my desire to be swept away and placed in a world of mystical creatures and love.

Kai, you are my hero. I s
Bex 'n' Books
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Bex
Rating: 5 out of 5 Fairies

Beyond the Iron Gate is a fabulous version of Goldilocks.

We are introduced to the character Zara and the gorgeous Kai. For fans of The Lost Kingdom of Fallada, this novella adds a lovely dimension to the story. For new readers, no doubt this will get you hooked.

The characters are beautifully crafted. For a novella especially, I was surprised with how caught up in their adventures I became. Alicia Michaels has a fabulous ability to entertain and draw in he
Claire Taylor
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Alicia Michaels
Beyond the Iron Gate
A Lost Kingdom of Fallada Novella

A twisted and magical version of Goldilocks. Zara is a farmer’s daughter, but has always felt a pull to the mystical land of Fallada and upon meeting Kai, a gorgeous elf, her life was changed forever. Daughter of the Red Dawn was an amazing book, and this novella adds a completely new level to the story, showing how Eranna was seduced by dark magic. Incredibly well written with strong character development, this book draws you
Annie Page
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beyond The Iron Gate Zara's Journey by Alicia Michaels
Love the way the author writes this book she puts you right there understanding and feeling everything.
This is a great fantasy story with lots of mystical creatures she encounters.
This is about a mother who wanted a daughter so bad she did what she had to do right or wrong she wanted to have a girl.
Zara is drawn to the Iron Gates of Fallada feeling that that is where is belongs. Zara gets her change to enter and a hold new world opens up for
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
The author, Alicia Michaels, paints a beautiful canvas to which she puts her own twist on the fairy tale classics we grew up with. The reader can easily become lost in the land of Fallada.

Beyond the Iron Gate has a little something for every reader. Love, fighting, paranormal creatures, oh my! This is a quick read that adds insight to the backstory of Eranna and how she became so jaded, twisted, and down right evil. It also tell the love story of Kai and Zara and how the wandering spirit of the
Joy Whiteside
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Alicia has created characters that you fall in love with and you want things to work out perfectly for them. The story flowed smoothly from beginning to end, keeping the reader interested.

I sat down with this story and found that I could not put it down.

I cannot wait to see what the next installment might hold in this storyline.

Alicia Michaels is definitely someone to keep an eye on. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good romance with the m
Rittwolf
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm hooked! I absolutely loved this novella.
I really enjoyed Alicia's writing style and the way she described the characters and their surroundings. I quickly became attached to Zara's character and couldn't wait to find out what would happen to her in the next chapter. The fact that I had to use the dictionary app on my iPad while reading this story was an added bonus. Who knew that Plaits is another way of saying a braid? No me. I love it when I can learn something new while enjoying a great
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

An interesting mix of multiple Grimm tales such as Snow White and Rapunzel, "Beyond the Iron Gate, Zara's Journey" offers a different twist to the faery tale romance and adventure.

Read full review in the 2013 July/August double issue of InD’tale Magazine.

Leah
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm so happy I picked this book up! The fantasy genre is not usually my thing, but the last few fantasy books have actually been really good reads! Beyond the Iron Gate was a super easy read and was a great story!
Hannah
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Got this after reading the first book that this one is a novella for. Was a wonderful quick read that gave insight into a few characters that get minor mention in the rest of the series. At the same time, it was different and gave history to the make-believe land that has the feel of C.S. Lewis.
Tabatha Wheat
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this is a great book. I read this one last, I love the back story about how the evil Queen came to be.
Brandon N
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story! It was one of the most amazing books I read. I felt as if I was apart of the story with all the details. It's a mist read!!!
Heidi
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. from the beautiful cover to the wonderful story woven with. magical creatures and vile witches. I cant wait to read the rest of the seried
Shelly
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. The detail made me feel like I was part of the story!
Beth Slattery
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great story and quick read.
Holly
I am so happy to have found this on my kindle just after reading book 1. Enjoyable and a fast read.
Laura Greenwood
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

Beyond the Iron Gate is book 0.5 of the Lost Kingdom of Fallada series.

Zara has always felt restless at her small farm, and has had dreams of the land of Fallada and the beautiful creatures that live there. Though her parents have tried to scare her away, Zara finds herself sneaking to the Iron Gate that separates the land of Men and the land of Fallada in an attempt to see one of the inhabitants there. On one such trip she falls foul
Kristy
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading 'Beyond the Iron Gate' & my goodness, I feel like an emotional mess. The feelings this book inspired in me were overpowering! This is the prequel in Alicia's "The Lost Kingdom of Fallada" series & although you don't need to read it first, I would advise you to.... it gives you a better understanding of whats to come in the series.

'Beyond the Iron Gate' is set in 1845, when Fallada & the world of men lived side by side, in harmony... somewhat. Zara has always s
Kristy Hamilton
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am not a novella fan, but I read Daughter of the Red Dawn and I felt I needed to know some more about the Kingdom of Fallada.
Usually novellas leave me disappointed because they don't give much of what is going to happen in the story or be much of a prequel of what is going to happen in the first full length novel. Beyond the Iron Gate was not the typical novella. It was the perfect length for the prequel of what is to come to the Kingdom of Fallada.
Beyond the Iron Gate gave more of the predict
Cami
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A farmer's daughter dreaming of more finds it

A farmer's daughter dreaming of more finds it

Zara has always felt like she is living in the wrong place, and meeting the pixies and an elf prove her right! After meeting Kai and touring the Elven lands with him they find out she is a prophet of Fallada from the Fae Queen. While in Goldun, they are married by Queen Adrah, only to be ambushed by Minotaurs sent by the witch under service of Queen Eranna who only wants to kill Zara and use her blood to be
J.
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish, 2013
A fantasy romance mislabeled on Amazon as epic fantasy and swords & sorcery. Slooooow start and kind of syrupy sweet, with hints of instalove. I should have trusted the cover, rather than the genre listings. Not for me, sorry.
Lark
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
While I loved the story of this book, I wished that it had been many pages longer. It's a beautiful story, I just wanted more of it to fully flesh out the story and give more poignancy to the ending.
Cristina Riquelme
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read this book, it contains elements that i like two worlds collide, fantasies. It certain i would love it to read it!!!!
Holly Raver
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What beautiful love story this was,so full of promise and wonder...I loved this book and the end made me cry for love lost and found........
Victoria
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Duawana Wilson
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book loads of excitement, twists and turn. I was hooked at the start. I have recommended this series to all my reader friends

• Defiance (The Priestess Trilogy, #1)
  • Fire in the Blood (Shards of a Broken Sword #2)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • Empyreal Fate
  • The Golden Cage (A Dance of Dragons, #0.5)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Verdant (The Legends Of Regia, #3
  • Broken (ShadowLight Saga, #2)
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • The Reluctant Godfather (The Tales of Ambia, #1)
  • 7 Folds of Winter
  • Severed Stone (Souls of the Stones, #0.5)
  • True Love's First Kiss (Queen of the Realm of Faerie 1-3)
  • The Seventh Magpie
  • Burning Shadows (Order of the Krigers, #2)
  • Caprion's Wings (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Anomaly of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #3)
  • Windswept : The Hightower Trilogy, #2
Mother of 3 and Army wife. Lover of coffee, chocolate and good books. Writer of YA Fantasy that stretches the imagination. When not writing, I can usually be found reading.

The Lost Kingdom of Fallada (5 books)
  • Daughter of the Red Dawn (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada, #1)
  • Child of the Sacred Earth
  • Rise of the Tide (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada #3)
  • Tempest's Fury
  • Flight of the Phoenix (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada, #5)