Start by marking “ICE blue (DeLuca Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
ICE blue (DeLuca Family, #2)

ICE blue

(DeLuca Family #2)

When lives are on the line, sometimes the wrong thing is the right thing to do.

Born into a Chicago cop family, while her brothers get their rush from catching bad guys, paramedic Angela DeLuca gets hers from saving lives. A tough beauty with a heart perhaps too big, she champions the underdog because, as the youngest of six siblings, she often felt like one.

ICE Special Ag
ebook
Published March 29th 2013 by MusaPublishing.com (first published March 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about ICE blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ICE blue

Start your review of ICE blue (DeLuca Family, #2)
Gregory Lamb
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Aptly titled, "Ice Blue" is an action packed page turning mystery thriller with a steamy romance thrown in to keep things interesting. Susan Rea drops the reader right into the middle of the action with tension and suspense that builds and builds.

Rae tackles an important theme and uncovers the ugliness of human trafficking in this story that takes place during a Chicago winter. When the lovely and capable paramedic, Angela DeLuca arrives at the scene of an accident on an icy highway, she meets u
HEChapter -Tina J
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romsus-mystery
ICE blue
DeLuca Family, #2
by Susan Rae

Released: March 29, 2013
** eBook provided by Author in exchange for an honest review. **

Angela is the youngest of six siblings in the DeLuca family. Where most became cops, she became a paramedic. Troy Deavers is the southern boy, the son of a corrupt politician. He purposely removed himself from that to become an ICE agent in Chicago.
An abandoned newborn in a box is left on Angela's back porch, kicking in her maternal and protective instincts. CPD is determi
Kristi
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Don't be scared off by the fact that this is a second book in the series. It is a great read all by itself. The author does a good job of working background information in on Angela and her family, some of which I am assuming you would have learned if you read the first book, heartbeats. But it reads as being very essential to the story, not like sometimes when you know you are being fed information from previous books. Does that make sense?

Angela is a strong female lead (we need more of these!
Kirke
May 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
*I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Angela DeLuca is a paramedic working for the Chicago Fire Department. She's strong, caring and she often goes beyond the call of duty. It's probably because of those factors someone decided to leave a newborn baby on her front door step.

Enter Troy, he's an ICE agent. His job is to uncover human trafficking cells and his gut is telling him that bay is somehow part of it. When he first meets Angela, he's convinced she knows more t
Carrie
Angela DeLuca loves her job and loves feeling as if she’s made a difference. So when a baby is abandoned on her door step during one of the coldest nights of the year she takes steps to make sure this baby is cared for and doesn’t follow the proper protocol. Protocol that she, as a paramedic, is more than aware of. This action introduces us to a no nonsense woman who always does the right thing, even if it’s wrong.

With the discovery of the baby Angela is pulled into the seedy underworld of human
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
This book was part of a blog tour I received a copy for my honest review
3 1/2 stars

Angela is a tough paramedic with a marshmallow center, Troy is an ICE agent who doesn't do nice and cuddly. The two of them have great chemistry and when a baby is left abandoned on Angelas doorstep Troy has to find out how this baby fits into the human trafficking. I liked this book, it was a good entertaining read without any surprises. The two main characters Angela and Troy were well written written and had de
Beverly
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
My thoughts:
This is a great story! Although it is not the first book in the series it easily stands alone. The story is complete on it's own, but will only draw you into the series more if you have read book one. It is fast paced and action packed. The character development is well thought out and wonderfully done. The story line is disturbing in topic, but completely draws you in and holds you through to the end. The story gives a sense of what it means to have family and yet brings the reality
Margaret Tidwell
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
I didn’t read the first book in the series so I found that I was a little lost with some parts of the book but I still loved this book. I am going to go back and read the first book and then I am sure this book will make more sense to me. I really did enjoy this book though. I liked the characters and I felt like they really could be alive and they also seemed like people I would get along with. I love the authors writing and I can’t wait to check out more books by her in the future. This is als ...more
Missy Harton
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted this book for an honest review. WOW!! Great storyline, suspenseful, sad, and heartwarming. Angela DeLuca's story is full of emotion. I'm seriously enjoying this series!!
Busy paramedic, Angela, has a crazy work schedule. When not on shift, she spends her time volunteering at the clinic which she helped get started. Her bad luck with men and relationships kept her focused on other, more important matters, until she met him at the scene of an accident......
Troy Deavers, ICE agent adjus
Ellen
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, mystery
The last part of the blurb? True.

I hadn't met the deLuca family before, but it's impossible to not fall in love with such an amazing mix of characters. In a world where we are so often faced with stories of troubled familes, half families, families who don't care, it was a true pleasure to read about a group that would do absolutely anything for each other. The family dinner scene early within the book easily sets the tone for the entire novel.

On to the main characters! I loved Angela for her mo
Susan
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
"Ice Blue" is the second book in the 'DeLuca Family' Series. Susan pens her book in a well written plot filled with suspense and romance, this was one book that I never knew what was going to happen. With her well developed characters, Susan keeps you glued to the pages. I do wish I had read the first book in the series for more background, but as a stand alone book, I found this to be okay.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Susan Rae
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Each book I write seems more involved and challenging than the last. Yes, I give this one five stars, of course, but what do you think? Ice blue takes place in January in Chicago, but don't let the temperature fool you. There is plenty of heat between Angela and ICE agent Troy Deavers as they try to protect a young mother and her unborn baby.
Tara Simone
Excellent plot that hasn't been told before. Interesting characters. Not exactly a happy ever after, more a 'happy for now'. Writing was very good and kept me reading. Romance was there but plot was really driven by the suspense.
Jennifer Kacey
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story! Loved the story and characters!
Rachna Stegall
Danielle H.
Jul 02, 2013
Cathy
Jul 08, 2013
I write because I can't resist the challenge of taking the intriguing characters and storylines that pop into my head and fleshing them out into compelling manuscripts. I wrote my first melodrama in fifth grade for a Girl Scout Drama badge, not so different really than a romantic suspense novel. My love of characters lead me to pursue theater in college, and then brought me back around to creative ...more

DeLuca Family (3 books)
  • Heartbeats (DeLuca Family #1)
  • True Blue (DeLuca Family #3)