Start by marking “Real (Real, #1)” as Want to Read:

Real

(Real #1)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  94,701 ratings  ·  7,201 reviews
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition...

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting...

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I've ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground figh
Published April 8th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Real, please sign up.
Erika My older brother asked me for few romances with: "You need to know your enemy" :D and few of them he read again.

I think I had given him some Kresly…more

I think I had given him some Kresly Cole books. Lot of passion :D(less)
Maya Sam Hmm, I read 'captivated by jax' recently. He's not a fighter, but I saw similarities of Remy and Jax in how protective / possessive they were about…moreHmm, I read 'captivated by jax' recently. He's not a fighter, but I saw similarities of Remy and Jax in how protective / possessive they were about the heroines. I loved both these books :)
Hope this helps! (less)

·  94,701 ratings  ·  7,201 reviews

Navessa
15 Quotes

15 Facial Expressions

1 Awesome Fiancé

It took me seven days, four bottles of wine, over forty status updates and a whole lot of commiserating and consoling from my friends to get me through this book. I saw a lot of extreme reactions to the quotes I was posting and I couldn't help but wonder about some of the faces my friends were pulling as they read them. Since my fiancé is one of the most animated people I know, and is always willing to be my guinea pig, I figured I'd subject him to t
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Jun 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: run-away-quickly
Oh, how I wish this book were an underground boxing match. I've had so much fun thinking up names and special fighting techniques for Brooke and Remington.

Brooke "The Washout" Dumas. Weighing in at an arguably lithe 120lbs., Brooke's fighting style relies more on flexibility and trickery than sheer brute force. Having been denied her dream of Olympic gold thanks to an injury, Brooke's had years to save up all her bitter rage and coil it into a tight ball of hate that she's stuffed in "her core"
Rebecca
May 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
What. The. Fuck...

I know everyone loves it, I can't hide that I absolutely hated it Editing again...turns out I have more to say. I can't let it go.

DNF at 57% SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.

I....No....I can't, it's just so bad. So bad.

Basically the story is Brooke goes to watch a fight. Remy... A ummm man of few words- does that thing of seeing a girl once and being madly in love with her. This is the extent of his character...he wants Brooke and he fights, that's it.
So she gets hired as his muscle
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
I love him. He’s not just a star, he’s the whole fucking sky to me. He’s the sun and every planet in this galaxy.

NOW THIS IS WHAT I CALL AN AMAZING DEBUT NOVEL.
FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Remington Tate is so one of my top favorite book boyfriends. I love him, I more than love him. I want to lick him and eat him up.
Dump whatever you are reading for a while, and jump onto this book.. trust me, its WOW.

When the book starts and the author describes Remy; him walking, I swear to god I creamed myself.
tag

I cou
Emily May
Aug 10, 2013 rated it did not like it

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

This was bad. I know there's a certain lack of believability in all romance novels, but Real took it to an all new level. There's not a single character here who's anything other than a caricature, rarely a piece of dialogue that's anything other than cringy, and definitel
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 09, 2013 rated it liked it

Please don't lynch me!!

I'm a little scared to say this given all the passionate fans of this book but, if I'm going to be honest, I just wasn't feeling it.

I mean, I get it. I totally get why so many readers loved it. It had a hot Alpha (somewhat damaged) hero, boat loads of steam and all, plus he was a fighter (gotta love the bad boys, right?) but... I just honestly barely felt anything while reading. I also had several issues with some of the content and then found the ending absolutely predi
Christy
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 SERIOUSLY SMOKING HOT STARS!!!

photo 7b4223d4-dde7-4f36-a2b1-549f5ff1fe27_zps8bd161a4.jpg

We’ll get right to it... The main attraction:

Remington ‘Riptide’ Tate
 photo 1d602898-d106-4144-ae78-3f417c46e6ed_zpsb8001499.jpg
This guy is too much. Too much male. Too much masculinity and pure raw beats. Put together, he’s just like sex on a stick.
One thing you should know about him right away...
 photo 78f51ea1-c115-4218-a9f1-0ed6862dee0b_zps89c173ad.jpg

And just a warning, this book will get you
 photo G4_zpsc7a64001.gif

Okay, okay... now for the actual review.

Brooke gets dragged to an underground fight one night with her best friends Melanie. Brooke isn’t the type of girl that usually goes to
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
***WARNING THIS IS A SWOONTASTIC, RAVING, FANATICAL REVIEW!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!***

5 STARS ...NO WAY!!!!!!! THIS BOOK IS A MILLION STAR BOOK!!! FAN-FREAKING-TASTC

"When I take you, you'll be mine," he says, a soft promise in my ear. He slides his thumb along my jaw, then gently kisses my earlobe. "You need to be certain." His eyes are so hot that I'm on fire with the lust in them, and the word "mine" makes the empty place between my legs swell with longing. "I want you to know me first, and
Rachel (BAVR)
Nothing in the world could have prepared me for this book. It’s too much and too little and too fucking bad for my brain to wrap itself around. I like romance. Really, I do. But books like Real are twisting the romance genre to a place where the phrases “pussy lips” and “fucks my ear” are becoming the norm, and I can’t with that. I can’t.

And how about these “hot alpha heroes” the writers have been cranking out lately? What a bunch of assholes. Just empty, pointless shells of rudimentary DNA and
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Oh Katy Evens, you made me laugh so hard today. Your brilliant satire on the state of modern women in their early 20s is an insightful critique of the unabashed shallowness and anti-feminist behavior spawned by such books as "Fifty Shades of Gray." Your tongue-in-cheek references to pretentious pop culture icons, and your commentary on the recent abundance of literary misogynists was riveting. The way you crafted your prose eloquently showed how hyperbole and hyper-erotic imagery can be used to ...more
Kristen
Review FINALLY posted.

3 to 3 1/2 stars

Looks like I'm in the minority here. I liked this book but didn't love it.

Real intrigued me, captivated me, overwhelmed me, baffled me, and annoyed me. It has to be the single most repetitive and overly sexualized book I have ever read. And that says something! Still, I couldn't put it down, so I guess that says something, too.

Overall, my biggest issues with this book—other than Booke's excessive babbling about how she looses control over her nether region
Jamie
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY!! THIS BOOK IS TO FREAKING DIE FOR!!! FANFUCKINGTASTIC!!!

This book is so much more than 5 stars.. It needs more stars!!!

The Chemistry Between Remy and Brooke was crazy, intense, hot, mouth watering, scorching , sheet burning, panty melting, eye's rolling back of your head total fucking hotness!!! The Sex was totaly AMAZING!! Once I got past almost dieing of sexual frustration..but man, once they finally hooked it up--damn.. it was game on!!!

The Story was so good..Remy
Jaime Arkin
Edited 7/17 - So I decided to read this for myself... all the love and fangirling for this book made me think maybe the quotes were not indicative of the full story.

Approximately 3 page in:

photo FYCfC.gif

I'm in the minority in my feelings about this apparently:

photo jennifer-dunnogifpagespeedcegStVmzffvS_zps76a2d50b.gif

Here's the thing... not a single thing about this story was sexy to me.
In fact, the majority of the time I spent like this:

photo PZwIf.gif

and like this:

photo tumblr_mb19qcS76a1r1yevfo1_500.gif

and like this:

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-10919-1333053784-8.gif

And at one point, The first lemon had me doing this:
 photo tumblr_m980w5GRXV1ql8r0ko1_500.gif

The writing itself was so ridiculous to me
Debra
"I'm every woman's adventure, damn you, and I don't want to be yours. I want to be your fucking REAL." ~ Remy <3

LOVED IT.

Karla

More later. -__-

***

OK, here goes....

I'm not gonna lie: when I see an overwhelming fuckton of 5 star squee attached to something labeled as "New Adult," I have a proportionately overwhelming desire to read it and see if it is indeed all that. Since I'm a bastard person at heart, I think you can guess what the inevitable result usually is.

But this...this, my friends, was a colossal shitburger of epic proprtions.

There ain't no subjective about it. Objectively, it was bad. Objectively, it was one of
~ Becs ~
 photo kickassrealpic_zps96884b7d.jpg

Music plays a very important part in this book, most especially to Remy and Brooke and it does have its very own playlist but I want to dedicate this song to Remy for what he did in New York and what it meant - The Last Fight by Velvet Revolver. Damn you Remy, you made me ugly cry!

I’m every woman’s adventure, damn you, and I don’t want to be yours. I want to be your fucking REAL. You get that? If I fuck you, I want you to belong to me. To be mine. I want you to give yourself to me—not Riptide!”
A. Bookzilla.
Mar 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I JUST CAN'T GET OVER THIS BOOK. I JUST CAN'T.

1 heart clenching star...to this heart clenching romance...clenching clenching clenching like nothing ever clenched before.

This book was about a girl named Brooke who obviously has some sort of clenching condition. I can't count the times or list parts of her that clenched in many, many ways.

Every time Remy was near she was panting like a dog in heat and I just wanted to pull her out of my Kindle and hit her. And hit her. Again and again.

Look. I tota
TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠
Don't be fooled by all the 5 star reviews on this book!

I'm sure there's an okay story in there somewhere if you don't have any problem with digging through a bunch of nonsensical crap to find it. I don't want to spend my time trying to figure out what the author means, I just want to get lost in the story and characters.

For me this book was close to unreadable. It is riddled with bad grammar, long run-on sentences (some entire paragraphs are one long sentence) misused words galore, incorrect t
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jenny: We can never get enough of MMA book with a tortured hero can we Gitte? But what I found with this one was that there was a twist with regard to the MC which I found quite different and, as sad as that was, I enjoyed that this delved a little further than being a romance. Remy was at the heart of this story and I found him such troubled and interesting character.

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

Remington Tate. Remy. Riptide. We know him by many names, but knowing th
Clumsy Storyteller
What i liked about this book :

-The last 15% of it :D that was AWESOME.

what i didn't like about this book :

- The rest of the book, Cheers!
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
3.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Review Posted on 4/17/13

photo ad-tomato-throw_zps9bf1dc27.gif

Okay, so before you throw tomatos at me in protest just hear me out.

photo 17617277_zpsb3dfdaea.jpg
 photo 38663fca6aa874f1184eb9fe6a0be9ac_zps28b6f1e6.jpg

Remington RIPTIDE Tate is #1 in the underground fighting circuit girls wanna scew him and guys want to be him. Brooke allowed her best friend, Melanie, to talk her in to going to the underground matches. As Melanie screeches her love for RIPTIDE, Brooke can’t help but be pulled into his magnetic f
Monica Murphy
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Be jealous...I was the first reader of this book and OMG you guys. IT'S AWESOME AND AMAZING.

Remington Tate is a sexy beast. Brooke is his perfect match - strong and sweet. It's an emotional roller coaster ride you won't be able to put down and the ending....OMG. I still think about the ending and I read the book months ago!

Katy, you're da bomb but you already know I have mad love for you. So there. :)

ADD THIS BOOK TO YOUR BOOKSHELVES PEOPLE. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

"That's All" Ash
sexy couples photo: sexy couples untitledbbhhguy.jpg

Holy.

SHIT.

(pardon the language) ;)

But there’s just no other way of describing this book. Actually, I’ve had several friends ask about the book I’ve been *locked* away in my room with. And those two words seemed to be my only response. In it’s entirety.

HOLY SHIT!

Katy Evans, the delicious author of this gorgeous, hormone-stimulating piece of work is a *drug dealer* of sexual angst. And I am heavily addicted, friends.

I might have to introduce myself during future meetings with, “Hi. I’m Ashlee;
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL, DID I JUST READ??

5 Holy Hotness & Pure Male Deliciousness Stars

“Ladies and gentlemen, and noooww … the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the man you’re all here to see. The baddest of the bad, I give you, the one, the only, Remington ‘Riptide’ Tate!”

description

I am sorry, I got ahead of myself, let’s take a step back and see how I ended up hot and bothered, consumed by lust and frustrated if you add the additional trauma of my boyfriend being away on a business trip, in the
Elizabeth (Liz)
NOW LIVE ON AMAZON!!

KINDLE LINK:

PAPERBACK LINK:

GENRE: Categorized as NA, but, honestly, it's adult contemporary. Both characters are in their early-mid twenties and have careers. 18+

HEAT LEVEL: I'm pretty sure it cannot be adequately rated! See my review.

*New* INTENSITY LEVEL: Un. Be. Lievable. See my review.

NOTE: Book #1 of The Real, Raw & Ripped Series, BUT this is a complete story!!! There will be a follow-up
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

◊•◊ 4 Powerful K.O.s Rating ◊•◊

My Remington 'Riptide' Tate

descriptiondescription

My Brooke Dumas

What a violent, dark and totally hot story that made me wet and frustrated at the same time.

"Why'd you want to have sex with me? To have a fucking adventure? What was I suppose to be? your one-night-fucking stand? I'm every woman's adventure, damn you, and I don't' want to be yours. I want to be your fucking REAL. You get that? If I fuck you, I want you to belong to me. To be mine. i want you to give yourself to
Sophia Triad
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is oozing testosterone...
All this sniffing, rubbing, growling and mating hormones...
hahaha

I loved it!

I was thinking of writing a detailed review, but then I had a look at all these 1-star reviews and I honestly laughed my socks off. Almost all of them are brilliant! Better than all the 5-stars reviews actually.

On the other hand, I am wondering what people expect to read when they start a story about an oversexed underground fighter and a sweet ex-athlete who doesn't understand what thi
Snow

5 *REMINGTON* stars

Re-read January 8th, 2017
And I don’t want the world to see me, it says, but I want you to know who I am…

And yes, Remington "RIPTIDE" Tate aka REMY, is still my absolute No.1 fighter *bows*

My first review:

I'm quite overwhelmed now...

ok, I slept it over! You know how they say, the morning is better than the evening, in a sense, your thoughts will be clearer in the morning after the hype settles down!

well, guess what? it didn't work for me!
who, said that anyway?! Probably a
Anuradha
Real Shit (Shit #1): How to Become a Successful "Writer" in the Modern Age

Chapter 1: Female characters
The story has to be told, at least initially, from the perspective of the female protagonist. She has to be a lost lamb, searching for meaning in life. It is imperative that she has one best friend for the following reasons; a) because there has to be a "snarky, sassy character", and b) because you have to write the next book from her perspective. The female character has to have eyes the colour
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Meet Remington 'Riptide' Tate & Brooke Dumas

description

Remy is a fighter and he is all alpha!

description

Brooke is a sports rehab specialist and a former Olympic contender.

description

There are so many "lion" references and mannerisms throughout the book that I couldn't resist using the pictures above.

SERIES:
Real (Real, #1) by Katy Evans Mine (Real, #2) by Katy Evans Remy (Real, #3) by Katy Evans Rogue (Real, #4) by Katy Evans Ripped (Real, #5) by Katy Evans
REAL - no cliffhanger | MINE - continuing story | REMY - Remy's POV of REAL & MINE | Rogue - Greyson's story | RIPPED - Pandora's story
To find out when the next book will be released click here.
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • The Dark Prince (Dark Light, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Blind Obsession
  • Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika, #2)
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge, #1)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Strings (Hard Rock Harlots, #1)
  • Playing Patience (Blow Hole Boys, #1)
  • Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #2)
  • Restore Me (Wrecked, #2)
  • Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)

Katy Evans is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her debut REAL shot to the top of the bestselling lists in 2013 and since then 10 of her titles have been New York Times bestsellers. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages across the world.

***Katy doesn't respond to messages on this site, but you can email her at katyevansauthor@gmail.com

Real (7 books)
  • Mine (Real, #2)
  • Remy (Real, #3)
  • Rogue (Real, #4)
  • Ripped (Real, #5)
  • Legend (Real, #6)
  • Racer (Real, #7)
“I'm so fucking in love with you I don't even know what to do with myself anymore.” 529 likes
“I don't want to be yours. I want to be your fucking REAL.
-REMY”