Start by marking “Little Terrors” as Want to Read:
Little Terrors

Little Terrors

A chilling, twisted and comical collection of horror and ghost stories.

From the psychotic and sociopathic monologues of Polystyrene Man and Last Words; the eerie tales of The Sleepover and When the Reaper Smiles; to the bitter sentiments of Wipeout and the redemptive misery of Ante Up, Little Terrors offers an eclectic mix of the horror genre.
Kindle Edition, 1st, 120 pages
Published March 2013 by Compulsion Books

To ask other readers questions about Little Terrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Terrors

Start your review of Little Terrors
Shadow Girl
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very fun collecton, full review to come.

* I'm surely going to Hell for my thoughts, (and very audible laughter), while reading ANTE UP. I'll share the deets in the review ;)
Elyse
Some of these stories were horrifying, some were lame. I actuall accidentally deleted the book from my Amazon account before I was done so I did not get to finish it. lol. I was just trying to clean up my e-books! Not willing to pay 99 cents to finish it. :/
Jessica Smith
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wouldn’t say the stories were scary

I would not call these stories scary.... yes some are creepy, but they are more psychological and thrilling than scary. But I will say these stories are written amazingly. The story structures and flow are incredible. Highly recommend!
Crystal Rafuse
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a bunch of tasty little gems! I do love a good short story, particularly when it's of the horror/thriller/paranormal variety, and this book is full of them!

I particularly liked "Wipeout," a tale of an ornery old lady who finally gets her comeuppance, and "Cold" (hello? Who doesn't love a creepy morgue tale?), to name a few, but there is really something in this collection for all tastes, from ghostly children, to an E.T.

Little Terrors is full of just that. And that's what makes it so much
John Wood
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This British author has a twisted, delightfully humorous mind! There is a wonderful variety of selections and I enjoyed every one! Beware the blue language and occasional gay slurs. These devices, however, are essential to the characters. And they are definitely characters! The only downside is the British spellings and references. So if you have a twisted sense of humor and ready for a quick ride of offbeat horror jump on!
Pamela Faust
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very good collection of scary stories. Most of them came up with an interesting twist at the end. My favorite was the first story that told of a young boy who entered a neighbor's haunted house on a dare with the promise of his friend's sister to be his prize. That brought my new favorite quote: "Young love is too hopeful for such realism."
kozettekaysmith
Mar 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Expected More

Not as good as the last two book's by Mr Jester, Not as scary as I thought after reading the reviews. If you want something that's hard to put down and creeps you out it's not this one. Some reader's must not know what terrifying means.
kozetteksmith
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An excellent collection of short stories. One of them, The Polystyrene Man, is really creepy and depressing, but not in the traditional sense. I loved it! The other stories are entertaining too, and the plots are great. Very recommendable!
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
great book of short stories! quite different and unexpected!
Angie Agerter
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
There were a couple short stories in this book that were actually good, but most were very subpar, sadly.
Caroline
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle
This is a great collection of short stories with some very memorable characters and dark, twisted plots. My personal favourite is "Wipeout", a tale of feuding neighbours.
Lisa
Apr 13, 2014 rated it liked it
fast read with good characters and nice short stories. Will be purchasing more from this author. Good variety of stories.
Tanya
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, kindle
Fun stories
Issa
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: thrillers
Pretty good collection of short horror tales.
Nathan
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good short stories. Creepy in the 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' style.
Rebecca McNutt
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, horror, thriller
This book was okay but I didn't find it all that great. I do love horror books though and it has some good moments.
delane
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Ehhhh
Regina
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Free download from Amazon.

It was alright. There were a couple of true gems in the book, but I guess I was hoping for more.
Enid
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Not worth the time. Only a couple of stories rated the two stars.
Melen
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first I've read by this author. There wasn't a story that I didn't like. I would read this author again.
Judy Jarrett
Cath Thorley
Mar 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Living and the Dead
David Jester is a novelist and short story writer living in the North East of England. His books include the comedy, An Idiot in Love, and the gruesome horror, This Is How You Die.

He is published by Skyhorse Publishing and represented by Peter Beren.