Start by marking “Releasing The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Releasing The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #1)

Releasing The Wolf

(Eye Of The Storm #1)

Lydia Martin has always had dreams, the weirdest and hottest of them all involving a faceless, muscle-bound man that speaks like sin and smells like sex. Like any sane person, she always put the dreams down to an overactive imagination, coupled with a higher than average libido.

Paperback, First, 156 pages
Published December 3rd 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Releasing The Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Releasing The Wolf

Denisa
Well now, this is hard to rate...

I admit, it's more like a 2.5 book, but I appreciated some stuff about it so it got a 3 star rating from me.
First, it was a freebie, and the book was much better than I expected (like everyone, probably, when I see a free book I expect it to be a 1.5 read, awful writing, plot, characters, everything), the writing was decent, I liked the characters and it made me curious at times.
Second, the author ended the first book before the main character got really annoyin
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
DNF @ 30ish percent!!

I've learned three things from this book:

1 - not every book recommended in a closed book group of people who like the same books as you is a book I need to read...even if its free!

2 - always, Always, ALWAYS read reviews because I now need brain bleach!

3 - trust my instincts...EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

From the start I didn't like the heroine. She was a female version of the typical book manwhore. Doesn't do relationships, casual sex only, and we met one of her f buddies...yea! NOT!
Bex 'n' Books
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: earc-review
Releasing the Wolf by Dianna Hardy is a passionate paranormal romance with an effective build of suspense, drama and sexual tension.

It was immediately obvious after reading the first few pages that Releasing the Wolf was going to be a hot read; I just didn't realise how hot and spicy it would be! There are an array of wonderfully crafted and well-developed characters ranging from the independent Lydia to the multitude of sexy men that come into her life. Did I mention how god damn hot they are!

H
Heidi
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

How do you read a book in a few hours? Pick up one from this Author and you will see how it can happen! I started this book just to kill some time with no intentions of finishing it right now. Before I knew it, I was immersed into Lydia's life. I can't believe the Author did it to me again! I couldn't stop reading until it was over. Now I have to wait to find out what happens until the next book!

Lydia lives on her own, works three jobs, a
Amy
www.the-book-diaries.blogspot.com

Another fantastic story by Dianna Hardy. She has taken her passion for fantasy and put it into this exciting, sensual and addicting story. When Dianna first told me about her new book, I was really nervous about reading it. She told me that it was not a happily ever after story and it was nothing like her previous writings. So jumping into the story blind with both feet, I was blown away. I loved this story so much I could not stop reading it. I was drawn in to t
Ninfa Hayes
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Werewolves? Check.
Holy Hell of Hotness? Check.
Mysterious baddies trying to maim, destroy and generally screw up things for our heroine? Check.
A whole lot of action and steamy scenes? Hell yeah.

This is a highly erotically charged story that sets up the scene for this brand new Paranormal Erotic series nicely.

Lydia, our main protagonist, is like many women out there, a little screwed up from family issues, looking to make a living as best as she can, and finding someone to share a life with. But s
Runningrabbit
First book Free on Amazon. Check out more paranormal romance at https://www.facebook.com/ParanormalBo...

This is a hot and steamy romance, full on werewolf story, that led me straight on to books 2 & 3.
Looking back now I find this book not nearly as fabulously written as those ongoing books. It wasn't a must for me to move on to the next book, but it was certainly worth it.

This novel is well written and definitely has an action driven romance solidly inscribed into the book.

I believe the mos
Elizabeth Morgan
I think the only way I can start this review is by saying I loved this book. It's sexy and intriguing, and for a 30k + story you get a great amount of action, lots of detail, and *fans self* plenty of hot scenes that will get your pulse racing.

I adore Dianna's writing style and her voice. She doesn't miss a beat when it comes to detail, and she knows how to start a story so that you are pulled in to the characters and their world immediately.

I think her new take on werewolves, their pack dynami
Tory
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really liked most of this story, however I was really disappointed with the ending. The bulb is misleading in that you think that this is just a story about Lydia and Ryan and does not let the reader know that Lydia ends up with 3 mates. I also felt the ending was confusing and too abrupt. I think that part of it is that even the characters were confused about what Lydia having 3 mates means. Also there was a lot of drama about storm walkers and how the were so horrible, but no information or ...more
JadeShea
This book begins with the heroine having some issues. And some crazy dreams. When she ends up meeting some strange people her whole world changes. Now she finds out what she really is and its not so great.

This book was interesting even though it was short. And I liked the heroine a lot. I look forward to what else will happen to her.
Katrina Bowlin-MacKenzie
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. It moves very fast and drags you into the story. I really enjoyed getting to know each character and I felt like I was there sharing their adventures. Thank you for a wonderful book.
Jeanny
Apr 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Puerile. 1 star
Julie
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ebook: Releasing the Wolf (Eye of the Storm)
Author: Dianna Hardy
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
I was given this by the author for an honest review
Summary: (Book One of the Eye of the Storm series)
One
Julie
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ebook: Releasing the Wolf (Eye of the Storm)
Author: Dianna Hardy
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
I was given this by the author for an honest review
Summary: (Book One of the Eye of the Storm series)
One
Carly
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Dianna Hardy's books are always on the hot side but Releasing the Wolf is taken to a whole other steamy level and I simply loved it *fans self*! Dianna has cooked up yet again another complex novel that is highly addictive, wonderfully written and full of sexy males! To be honest I really don't know how she manages to cram so much into a novella but she does it so perfectly. The storyline is fast, furious, in-depth, tense, red hot, full of shockers and delicious characters - What more could you ...more
The BookChick
My Rating: ★★★

Book Description:

One night, however, instead of their usual, erotic encounters, she finds him in her dream, chained to a wall and screaming in pain. Not only that, but she thinks she recognises the building
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Lydia has been having these dreams and not just any ordinary dreams. These dreams are about a very hot, sexy and muscled hulk of a man. This dude is so hot he will make your tongue reach out and slap your brains out. Well actually all the guys in Releasing The Wolf are very attractive. Lydia had been having these dreams for a very long time.

Lydia is a very independent girl who works 3 jobs just so she can make it on her own
Lynn Worton
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review 6*****

I love reading paranormal romances, so when I found out that the author was releasing this one in December last year, I quickly got myself a copy. Unfortunately, I have only now just managed to get to read it. I am kicking myself for not reading it sooner, because I absolutely LOVED it!

Lydia Martin is a fantastic character. She thinks herself to be a normal woman, with a very high libido and who dreams of a mystery lover. However, she soon finds out she is not who she thought she wa
Maggie Frank
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dianna-hardy
Wow ~ Dianna Hardy does it again!
I had the benefit of receiving this book as an ARC - what an amazing ride of a read!

Erotic, paranormal, powerful, intense, creative and very layered in story. The characters are truly well written and build upon one another setting up the perfect sequel. A very different take on werewolves while still staying true to the legend and lore that we are all familiar with...

LOVED Ryan, Lydia, Lawrence and and Taylor! Their connections are unbelievably written and I tru
Bex 'n' Books
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewer: Bex
Rating: 4 out of 5 Fairies

Releasing the Wolf by Dianna Hardy is a passionate paranormal fantasy with an effective build of suspense, drama and sexual tension.

Danielle (Danniegurl)
This is quite the interesting take on the whole mate shifter thing. The males die without their mate by age 40, the females haven't shifted at all but die around 23-25 or something like that. The mating is quite different and quite interesting. Lydia keeps dreaming of Ryan, has since she was a teen, but she's always thought he wasn't real, except now new circumstances are leading the way to making her realize he is in fact real.

I hated the H's ultimate denial of what she was told. I'm not sure i
Jasmyn
Non-stop mile a minute action starts this book off right at the very beginning and doesn't stop - even after you finish the last page. Lydia Martin finds herself thrust into a crazy world that she would have never imagined actually existed - and that the man of her dreams (literally) is right in the very center of all the craziness. And we all know that he can't forget the sex. With just the right mix of dream-like fantasy and reality, it can get quite hot. Somehow, Dianna Hardy has managed to f ...more
Maureen Hoar
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel another hit series is underway from Ms Dianna Hardy. The story was very creative, unique and sexy as h*ll!!! For those of you tired of the love triangle...you now have a love square! The female character has some bite to her, but still a lot of growing up to do. It means for me that I will get to watch her change into to women she was meant to be. The male characters are all very different from each other, hot, broken and desperate for love.The villian(s) are menacing and scarey. Add in s ...more
Claire Taylor
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dianna Hardy
Releasing The Wolf
Eye Of The Storm #1

Paranormal romance (with plenty of hotness) at its best. This book is a quick read that will definitely leave you wanting more, in more ways than one. I was arguing with my partner the night I finished reading this and almost forgave him just to work out some of the urges and images going through my head. Incredibly well written, with each of the characters having their own place, I couldn’t fault it. Book 2 cannot come out fast enough, as the
Nelta
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who knew when I started this paranormal fantasy book that Dianna Hardys new twist on werewolves would end up in a hot sexy lovers triangle....the perfect setup for the next book in this series... I enjoy her style of writing as it is a quick and easy read...Lydia is a strong female character and did I mention the men are HOT and sexy? I look forward to the next book in this series.....still fanning myself! gracious!
Janie
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and the fact that it set not far from where I live is even better as I can actually visualise the character's in those places :)

Lydia has been dreaming of Ryan since she was about 15, now at the age of 25, she find's he is real and he is a werewolf and then she finds out that she too is a werewolf as well as a storm wielder.
I cannot wait for the next instalment to find out how things work out especially with the Triple bond!!!!!!
Ilona
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first thing that struck me was the unusual fact of werewolves in Britain! The second was the the fact that it was a VERY hot read. The storyline was complex and had an interesting concept for the werewolves. I was even OK with the fact that she ends up with three guys. What I could not accept readily was wolves in Britain!
Maryjane
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Patricia
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this book was recommended to me by a fellow shifter crack lover, and i was not disappointed! loved it! and i have to continue the series, must find out more about lawrence :)
def. recommend it :)
  • Nessa's Two Shifters (Wolf's Pass Shifters, #1)
  • Feline Heat
  • Task Force Three: The Irish Jewel (The Men of Five-0, #3)
  • Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Insatiable (Luecross Wolves, #2)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • The Alpha's Mate (Huntsville Pack, #1) Sequel to Bring Her Wolf
  • Breathe Into Me
  • Accidentally Yours
  • Samuel (Samuel's Pride #1)
  • Prymal Lust (Prymal Series)
  • Shared for Love (Shifter World: Royal-Kagan #6)
  • Claimed by Love (Wild Hunters, #1)
  • The Bear Project (The Projects, #2)
  • Neptune’s Lair
  • Claimed by Wolves (Call of the Wolf, #1)
  • Perfumed Heat (Heat, #1)
Dianna Hardy is an international bestselling author of (cross-genre) fantasy fiction, most notable for her dark paranormal fantasy and the raw, intense Eye of the Storm series. But her heart-warming Once Times Thrice series proves she thrives in the light as much as the dark. Whatever your poison, what she loves most is to bring you stories that are action-packed, fast-paced and not short of heat, ...more

Eye Of The Storm (6 books)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #2)
  • Heart Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #3)
  • Return Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #4)
  • Rise Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #5)
  • Reign Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #6)
“You chase off every man that’s ever been interested, and you do it without even trying.” 23 likes
“He called to her primal side; the ancient aspect of her animal self that wanted to submit. It wanted to submit to him; to sacrifice all of who she was at the altar of his maleness and lay herself bare for his taking.” 15 likes