Start by marking “Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Brooke (Under the Never Sky, #2.5)

Brooke (Under the Never Sky #2.5)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  4,506 Ratings  ·  438 Reviews
Set just before the events of Into the Still Blue, the conclusion to Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky trilogy, this breathtaking novella is a satisfying stand-alone for new readers as well as an exciting glimpse at favorite characters from the trilogy. Pulsing with romance and danger, Brooke will leave readers desperate for the conclusion to this epic and unforgettable ...more
Published November 26th 2013 by HarperCollins

Noura W. Abou-Fadel
I just found out about this new e-novella!!! *runs around the house squealing*

Okay. So, now we have to wait. Again. *sighs*

I'm so excited!
And it's 2a.m . Looks like I won't get any sleep tonight..

~UPDATE~

And the lucky character is..... Brooke.

I mean, it's still going to be super-awesome, right? ...right?
Oh who am I kidding!! WHY HER, WHY?!!!!

I know I'll read it anyway, though that does not make me any less unhappy because it's not about Liv or Cinder or another character whom we don't know
Emer
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it

Brooke is a very short and sweet novella in the Under The Never Sky series. It is designed to be read between books 2 and 3.
Please be advised that this review assumes that you have read books 1 and 2 and the short story 0.5 in this series and therefore contains spoilers for these.

“We are all hurting and missing people. Everyone is scared, so you can’t talk about your worries because worries are everywhere. When everyone you know is on the verge of drowning, you don’t stop to tell the person
Jasmine
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Just read the prequel and the series, guys. Don't disappoint yourself.
I want to feel wanted and cherished and safe.
I want to find someone who won't trade me for another.
I want to find love that is visceral and life-sustaining.

Actual rating: 2.5/5 Unbelievably Ridiculous Brookie Stars

Oh, I'm so, so, so disappointed about this one. :(
Well, reasons are simple.
1)I've hated Brooke from the moment she met Aria, wait, nope, from the moment she made her appearance in the first book and kept desiring for Perry in the beginning. Thus, this book is ALL about her and
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
*Spoilers for previous books*

I was not a fan of Brooke in the previous books. They way she treated and spoke about Aria made me want to smack her. And while I did see redeeming qualities in her, like when she stepped up and helped protect the tribe, it was never enough to push me to want to like her. Those moments couldn't erase the ickiness I felt towards her. So when I saw this book was in Brooke's POV, I hesitated. Could I really endure listening to a woman I dislike? Ultimately my curiosity
Devyani
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Before reading.

"Anyone up for another e-novella, like ROAR & LIV, based on one of the secondary characters?"

After reading.

I was a bit apprehensive about this one, since the novella is from Brooke's point of view, but I think that in the course of about 70 pages, Brooke and I have come to an understanding.
Also, there was an excerpt of the next book, so I'm bleedingly excited. BLEEDINGLY.
Felicitia
Oct 19, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: maybe-to-read
19/10/13
*nothing to do*
*open goodreads*
"Oh my God... another novella! and the color of the cover was beautiful!!"

But then-

description

I noticed "Brooke" on the cover

description

So I made this new shelf maybe-want-to-read just for this book. I mean, WHY BROOKE? I loved everyone else but Brooke. She's like... argh. I would love it better if it was about Cinder... or maybe Flea? lol.
Really, what else do you want with Brooke? but if Veronica Rossi made this novella special for her then she's important right? *sigh*

But...
Jenny
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I don't know if I give any shits about Brooke, but I'll read it.

3.5
Still don't know if I give any shits about Brooke, but the ending was kinda cute.
Ferdy
Spoilers

Brooke was a right cow in Under the Never Sky and Through The Ever Night, I was hoping her novella would show her in a more positive light… And it kind of did, but yea, I still don't like her much.

-There wasn't much of a plot, it was mostly just Brooke moaning, being jealous, and bitching about Perry and Aria's relationship. Her self-pity and attitude was rather boring.

-I hated Brooke's attitude towards Aria, it was undeserved. I get that she was upset that Perry dumped her, but that was
Alaina Meserole
I kind of wish I didn't find out that this novella existed because it was kind of meh. I didn't really like Brooke or how she acted at all so I wasn't really excited to read it, at all.

Brooke was just so god damn annoying. Pretty sure I still dislike her and I probably will still continue disliking her into the next book. Unfortunately, she wasn't the only annoying person in this book. It's sad to say but Perry was kind of annoying too. Especially with how he behaved around girls and then just
Mary ♥
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jaime Arkin
A NEW NOVELLA... about Brooke...

photo XxZg2J1S-0KMuvuU9k_t8g2.gif

We all hated Brooke right? I mean... okay, maybe hate isn't the right word, but we certainly didn't love her. At least I know I didn't. So when I heard Veronica Rossi was writing a novella in her point of view I won't lie, my face may have looked like this

photo tumblr_lj6nfreDzm1qeof1t.gif

But here's the thing.... when I turned the last page of this, I liked her, like, really liked her.

So much of the rest of the series focuses on all the other main and secondary characters (Perry, Roar, Aria, Ci
fennie
i'm impressed, veronica rossi. i don't know how you did it, but you managed to make the girl everyone loves to hate relatable, and vulnerable, and dare i say, lovely. i'll admit that when i heard about this novella, i had the same reaction that i'm sure the masses had: brooke?! who wants to read about a childish, bratty girl who seems to think she has some claim on perry when clearly he's in love with (not to mention rendered to) aria?!

oh but i was wrong. no, i don't love brooke with the same in
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Even though I have the galley, I went and put Into the Still Blue on hold, figuring I might want to read Brooke first, based on publish order.

Eh. It wasn't all that necessary. Most of this short was about Brooke getting over Perry, and debating the hotness of two different guys. Not that I have complaints about reading anything from Rossi because she has a way with words that is always a pleasure to read, but I am sort of burned out on series with all of the extra short stories which don't actua
Tania
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: dystopian
Veronica Rossi understands that there are only a few reasons why you should be writing short stories to include in a series. This one was written as a quick reminder of where the previous book in the series left us. Very neccessary for me as I usually read these when they are published. Another good reason for a novella is to give us the perspective of one of the smaller characters in the big story. I liked getting to know Brooke, especially as she did not really feature in the previous books. I ...more
Dana
May 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: novellas
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
The events in this novella occur between Through the Ever Night and Into the Still Blue but I don't think it's essential to read this story if you don't want to. It does give a little insight into what's happening with Perry and Aria and it does resolve a plot thread with a certain group but it was mainly Brooke moaning and feeling sorry for herself.

I've never particularly been a fan of Brooke's but I didn't dislike her either, she was Perry's ex girlfriend but I never felt there was a chance of
Tamara
Wow this novella really suprised me. I like Brooke. I cant believe myself

For a few chapters I was really mad at Brooke. I wanted her gone. I wanted her to shut her mouth. I wanted to not like her. I thought I wouldnt. I tried. I really did. But Brooke was amazing in this novella.

At the end of the chapter 5 Brooke finally stopped being annoying for me and at the end of the chapter 10 she won me over. (view spoiler)
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
What a gorgeous cover! These pinkish and purple-ish colors suit well with this novella. I thought I’d hate Brooke’s view on things, but I actually found myself enjoying it. Since I’m a huge Perry & Aria shipper, I naturally dislike anyone who tries to tear them apart, but Brooke’s reaction was normal and expected in Through the Ever Night and even in her novella. The realizations she has were natural, well-written and I’m really glad for her. Reading this will help you realize the sudden cha ...more
Liz* Fashionably Late

Can you hate just ignore a character and then, suddenly, fall completely in love with her? That's how I feel about Brooke, guys.

Brooke is amazing. She's heartbroken. She's lost her best friend and the one she loves. She desperately needs to move on and find a way to get along with Perry and Aria.
Everything occurs between Through the Ever Night and Into the still Blue and in just a few chapters, we get to know so much about her: how she tries to protect her family and herself, how little she kne
katnissbraid.
Brooke is a shallow character, I don't know if someone finds her funny, badass or whathever I just find her a petty girl who cannot understand what she truly wants. And goes around kissing boys (brothers!) for getting over Perry. Really this is the novella.

I hope she gets with Soren. That would be a good couple.
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Brooke's story is very intense with emotions. There is quiet a bit of hatred which makes me not like it, but at the same time you see and understand why because of how strong she feels for Perry.

It was nice getting to see Brooke but this wasn't one of my favorite novellas. Maybe it was because of her hate for Aria that really turned me off of it.

When Brooke finally takes a change in direction my feelings towards her changed, but not 100%. I think Brooke is one of those characters you are unsure
Nicola
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
I wasn't a huge fan of Brooke throughout the series but after reading this, I think she really redeemed herself. She's hung up on Perry, which is understandable, but it was nice to see her figure things out. When she finally understands that her relationship with Perry was never going to last, and moves on from her boiling rage and jealousy, she's actually a pretty decent person. I liked her interactions with the three brothers, her developing fondness for Soren and her acceptance of Aria.
Raven
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm really certain that I don't like Brooke but this novella change my views about her.

Argh. Honestly, I'm starting to like minor characters more than the main protagonists of this trilogy. Tell me, is this a good thing or not?
Anna
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm probably in minority because I liked Brooke as a character while reading Under The Never Sky trilogy. This novella made me like her even more- I loved the way her character developed throughout it.
Julie
Review up soon! Gah, can't wait to start my arc of Into The Still Blue.
Jenny (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
I hated Brooke so I originally wasn’t even planning on reading this novella. I only did just because I didn’t want to miss out on any information that may important before reading Into the Still Blue.

But this really just felt like a waste of my time. I already have my heart firmly set on who Perry should be with so reading about Brooke constantly whining and acting like a spoilt selfish brat was not my idea of a good time.

There was some actual plot towards the end, but I just wish this novella
Scarlett
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this novella more than the other one. I felt like getting an idea of how Brooke and Perry were before made their characters make more sense. They were more serious than I had thought. I also liked getting to know Hyde, Hayden, and Straggler more in this one. There was also a decent amount of action which was one thing I felt was lacking in the original trilogy. And it answered some questions that had been left unanswered, such as what happened while Aria was unconscious and what happen ...more
Books'N'Tracks
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I still don‘t like Brooke as a character, but the author has found the perfect combination of action, humor and emotion. Now I‘m more than ready for the third book.
Perry, I‘m on my way!
I‘m so in love with this series.
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

Minor spoilers for Through the Evernight

Brooke has never been my favorite character in this series and well she isn’t supposed to be since she is Peregrine’s ex-somethng. But this novella gives insight into what is happening right after Aria and Perry make it back to the cave with all the Dwellers. Brook is trying to come to terms with the love she sees Perry hold for Aria and the loss of her best friend Liv. Clara is returned at least so happiness is mixed in with all the sadness.

My gu
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Holy crud, Veronica Rossi is MY GIRL! This short was totally and completely amazing! I loved every last word of it! I can' teen begin to tell you how much!
Brooke is amazing. She's so not what you think she is. This short shows her growth in so many ways it's hard to express. She is so in love with Perry, at least she thinks she is. But as the story progresses, she begins to grow and understand what their relationship really was about. And she experiences these changes by watching the interaction
Brooke 3 35 Jun 13, 2014 10:05PM
read this series 2 18 Jul 09, 2013 10:24PM
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
  • Outcast (Defiance 0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #1.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • The Shattered Mountain (Fire and Thorns, #0.6)
  • Isolation (Partials Sequence, #0.5)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • 'Til the World Ends (Blood of Eden, #0.5)
  • Proxy (Avalon, #0.5)
  • Regret (Possession, #1.5)
  • Raven (Delirium, #2.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
Veronica Rossi's debut novel, UNDER THE NEVER SKY, will be published in over twenty-five international markets, starting on January 3rd 2012 in the United States. Film rights to the trilogy have been optioned by Warner Bros.

More about Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky (3 books)
  • Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“He kisses like a poet. Like he's writing poems on my lips.” 46 likes
“People who try to be nice are false. They’re liars. You should never force your behavior to be a certain way. You should just be. Maybe it’s not going to be nice, but at least it’ll be honest.” 12 likes