Start by marking “Party Time” as Want to Read:
Party Time

Party Time

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  147 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
An action-packed roller-coaster account of a life spiralling out of control featuring wild women, gangsters and a mountain of drugs

Shaun Attwood arrived in Phoenix, Arizona, a penniless business graduate from a small industrial town in England. Within a decade, he became a stock-market millionaire. But he was leading a double life.

After taking his first Ecstasy pill at a r
Published April 11th 2013 by Mainstream Digital

To ask other readers questions about Party Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Party Time

Pernilla
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's was quite scary to see how quickly someones life goes downhill when they get addicted. After all those drugs I'm amazed that he survived and was able to turn his life around.
Will definitely be reading the next one, Hard Time and Prison Time to find out how he does it.
Joe Stamber
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paper, read-2013
In Hard Time we heard the fascinating tale of Attwood's downfall when it all went wrong and he ended up on remand in what is reputed to be America's toughest prison. Party Time takes us back a few years, touching briefly on Atwood's early years before charting his rise and eventual fall that Hard Time documented so well.

Young Shaun had ambition and an eye for a profit that suggested a successful career lay ahead, but a casual introduction to raves and recreational drugs sowed the seed that ultim
Kevin Walsh
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say apart from he has done it again.

After reading “Lessons from a Drug Lord” I was really looking forward to reading more from the English Shaun series, and I must say, it didn’t disappoint. As I am yet to read “Hard Time” or “Prison Time” I am unsure what happened when he was inside, but one thing I am sure of is that he crafted his writing skills to a fine art. This book flowed and captivated me from the first page to the last. With an effortless writing style that made it hard, if
Helen Croydon
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read which leaves you aghast at the hedonisms of the 90s rave scene in Arizona.
The bad-boy author wins sympathy from the reader as we see him go from aspirational younger banker to the head of an underworld drugs cartel.
The array of characters with their drug dealer code-names does get confusing some times but there's so much going on, you don't so much mind if you can't keep up with who is who.
Wayne Purvis
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I don't think I've ever flew through a book as fast as this. Fast paced and very hard to put down. It very much reminded me of The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test due to the colourful characters and shear craziness of the drug parties, Shaun being the Ken Casey of the 90s.

I almost only gave it 4 stars because of the way it abruptly ends but didn't think it would be fair with it being a prequel. looking forward to following the story on with Hard Time
ZOZO
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
PARTY TIME is a fantastic book looking into Attwoods success in the stock industry and in the drug trade, this ultimately becomes his downfall as shown in HARD TIME the first in the trilogy. The story is fascinating and I especially like how even thou it can be seen as an autobiography it is written as if it were a fictional narrative piece which makes the book an even more interesting read. I can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy PRISON TIME!
Daryl Ariawan
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Party time is a prequel to hard time and its really good. It gives you an overview about Shaun life that lead him to the jail. Its well written, really enjoyable to read. This book gives me a view about drug scene in US and how drugs can change someone life.
Stefan Bishop
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thats a lot of drugs
Matt
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a ride. The pills thrills and spills. Only the fact I knew the ending lost a star having read Hard Times. Some remarkable characters.
John Rusch
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
M

This book held my attention,somehow I could relate to Shaun,not what you would expect a big time drug dealer to be.

Ash Patterson
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING

Having lived through the rave scene in late eighties early nineties in UK I totally loved this book and couldn't put it down. Words can't express how much I loved it and identified with some of the feelings ;-) I'm just about to start reading Hard Times and recommend this book to anyone, fantastic read . Ash Belfast xx
steven smith
Ok

Glad I read it wasn't fantastic but as I read this one first I'm hoping other 2 are better than this one
Destiny Leah
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read all of this book in the Jury Service waiting room! I really enjoyed it. Very easy to read,very honest and exciting. I love anything on raving so this was my kind of story.
Raguraman
  • The Long Weekend
  • Caught in the Light
  • Tryptamine Palace: 5-MeO-DMT and the Sonoran Desert Toad
  • Wild Boy
  • Scared (Horowitz Horror)
  • Lucy's Child
  • Hot Blood X (Hot Blood, #10)
  • I Have America Surrounded: A Biography of Timothy Leary
  • Stan and Ollie: The Roots of Comedy: The Double Life of Laurel and Hardy
  • The Gospel According To Luke
  • The Long Dry
  • Night Plague (Night Warriors, #3)
  • The Guv'nor
  • 12 Books That Changed the World
  • Life at the Top
  • The Damage Done: Twelve Years of Hell in a Bangkok Prison
In prison, I read over 1000 books in just under six years, including many literary classics. Books were the lifeblood of my rehabilitation.

As told on National Geographic Channel's Locked-Up/Banged-Up Abroad episode "Raving Arizona," I used a tiny pencil sharpened on a cell door to write the first prison blog, Jon’s Jail Journal. My writing, smuggled out of the jail with the highest rate of death
More about Shaun Attwood...