Start by marking “Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)” as Want to Read:
Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)

Give Me Strength

(Give Me #2)

Quinn Salisbury doesn’t think she’s cut out for this whole living thing. Even as a young girl she struggled. Just when she thinks she’s found a way to leave her violent past behind her, the only thing that’s kept her going is ripped away, leaving her damaged and heartbroken.

Four years later, she is slowly rebuilding her life and lands a job as an assistant band manager to
ebook
Published September 16th 2013 by Kate McCarthy (first published September 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Give Me Strength, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Me Strength

~ Becs ~
HOLY CRAP!! - I really, REALLY loved this one. This is romantic suspense at it's finest. Absolutely perfect reading for me!!

“Life is hard, Quinn, and the hardest part is being yourself in a world of people trying to make you someone you’re not. I saw you standing apart from everything that was the same, and that was beautiful, not sad. When I was holding you and inside of you, I watched your eyes come alive, and fuck spring because you were hotter than summer, and I want to see that again.” His
Sabrina
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it

Give Me Strength was my first book by Kate McCarthy and I really loved her ability to keep me entrapped with this story. Quinn and Travis were really great characters and even the secondary characters had me falling in love with them. I liked that they were this big family that was quirky and fun, and reading about them made it feel like they were my best friends.

As much as I liked the story I did have a few issues with the writing just because of my own personal preferences. I'm not a fan of w
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5 STARS

"Some of us have to learn how to save ourselves.."

If you’re looking for a fast paced book with romance, suspense and funny dialogues then this is the book you need!! I’m so glad that there are so many funny and hot characters in this book!!

Give Me Strength introduces us to Quinn..
who suffers from a horrible lost...(view spoiler)
Michelle
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 GIVE ME MORE STARS!

Quinn has had a hard life; her past has kept her from seeing her worth. She had a glimpse of it for a moment, but that moment was fleeting. Forced out for a girl’s night with her best friend Lucy, Quinn meets Travis Valentine.

Travis is a down-right-down-under-sexy-beast.

After giving into temptation, Quinn thinks she has escaped the one-night stand, but when she is hired to be an assistant for Jamieson, she has no idea that Travis is Mac’s older brother.
Travis has had a tast
J
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, favorites

WOW!
Kate McCarthy is on fire...
Only 2 Books in, and McCarthy's Alpha Males are in the league of  my all time fav, Queen of the Alpha, K.A.
Where others fail to come close, McCarthy stands out and leaves you craving for more.

This is the Second Book in the Give Me Series. Read my review of book #1 Give Me Love HERE

Four years ago, Quinn, had her small amount of happiness ripped from her. All her life she has lived through pain and ugliness, but that one moment when her light was taken from
Wendy
Re-read 5/30/17

ghjok.png (535×110):

Wow...this book was simply amazing. It had everything I look for in a book....romance, suspence, steam, humor and heartbreak. It made me laugh, cry, swoon and blush....

44041-oh-my-god-janice-friends-gif-79nu.gif (500×200)

For those of you who have read book 1, you already know Travis. He is Jared's (book 1) brother and part owner of a Security and Investigation business. Their company is responsible for the security of the famous band "Jamieson", though this is just a small portion of what they do. For those of you who haven't read
Smitten's Book Blog

Mmmm mmm! I do like me a bit of the Aussie badass brigade. This lady is the nuts at writing sexy badass men!

4.5 stars for Travis & Quinn!

This is the second book in the Give Me series. The series follows new, upcoming rock band, Jamieson, crime fighting 'badass brigade' Jamieson and Valentine, their friends, families and the crazy, mind-blogging sagas, baddies, shootings, kidnaps and general madness that comes with them!

In the first book, Give Me Love, we met Jamieson vocalist and front woman
Tammy  Zautner
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"He broke me. He took every piece of me I had left, and he smashed it apart. Nothing fits properly any more. I was too damaged for someone like Travis--broken, missing pieces that would never be found, and put back together in a way that never quite fit properly."

I came across this quote and it totally reminded me of my first impression of Quinn. I think it describes her perfectly...

"I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws. All together, I am a beautiful disaster."~A
Stephanie
Have you ever read a book that you loved so much you were sad when it was over because you couldn't be a part of their life anymore? This was one of those books for me! This book grabbed a hold of me and still hasn't let go! I loved so much about this book that I can't even give it justice because I could write about this book for pages!

This is a follow up to Give Me Love and can be a stand-alone, but you get more of the story about the band and the friends by reading it first. It's also amazing
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Love love loved!!! Now, we follow Travis and Quinn's story where they had a one night stand and yes... of course their paths cross again.

I loved everything. From Mac's hilarious dialogues...

Mac: alright Quinn. Show me your boobs

...to Jared's weird food obsession, even Henry and Frog's flirty banter. The group dynamic was fun and I was chuckling away.

But Travis *sigh* there just wasn't enough of him.

you're my dessert, sweetheart

Have I given you enough space yet?

I am excited to get to Gra
Deanne
Re-read July 26, 2017

Originally Read September 2014

WOW WOW WOW! 5++++++++ STARS!

Another great book by Kate McCarthy! Same as before, if you're a huge KA Rock Chick's fan like me, I highly suggest picking up this series! This packed all the same intensity, witty humor and badass hot alpha males but just seemed to have that extra spark that has made this one my favorites. Keep releasing these books as fast as you can, Ms. McCarthy - no complaining here! :)
Hollie
Mar 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
December?! Noooooooooo! Entirely too long.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5★'s - Alright. Where to start. First, I want to read Give Me Love again. When I finish I want to change my rating and actually WRITE A REVIEW! I have no idea how or why I never did because once I finished this book it all came back to me in such a wave of love I can’t believe I didn’t take the time to gush about it. Since I never take the time for re-reads I will just have to gush here and make sure you know, I loved the first book and I LOVED THIS ONE TOO! This series has everything I want i ...more
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Give Me Strength Collage
If you've seen my review of Give Me Love (check it out here), if you could call it that, then you know I have a hard on for McCarthy's writing, the Aussie-isms, and every single one of her characters.

Nothing has changed since then. If anything my fangirl squealing has reached some kind of epic proportion. Be scared, be very very scared...it's not a pretty sight (or sound)! :D

Going into Give Me Strength, I knew I was going to love it, but I was unsure if Quinn and Travis could do for me what Evie
4.75 Stars

I didn’t think it was possible, but I loved Give Me Strength even more than Give Me Love, which is one of my favorite books of 2013! I had really hoped that the second book would be about Mac, Evie’s best friend, and band manager of Jamieson. When I found out it was about Travis, Mac’s brother, I was a little bummed out. I really wasn’t sure where it would go or if I’d have any connection to him because he wasn’t prominently featured in book 1. Boy was I wrong in so many ways! The sex
Aroha Wezner
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If Give Me Love put the idea in my head of running away to search for and join the Badass Brigade and Jamieson crew, then Give Me Strength made me pack my bags. God help my husband and son when Give Me Grace comes out, I might just actually get tipped over the edge and do it! If only I was 15 years younger, and you know, they actually existed down there in Bondi/Coogee somewhere.

Kate has delivered another must-read story that I literally could not put down. I read it in a day! I laughed, I crie
Jodie Louise
Read count: 2

Loved this just as much the second time round as I did the first! I could easily read it again and know I would enjoy it just as much. Quinn and Travis are such lovable characters along with they rest of the crew they seem to jump off the page with life making them a joy to read. The plot is fast paced and exciting with twists and turns that'll keep you hooked the entire time, even though this was a reread I struggled to put it down even though I already knew what was coming I was
B.J.
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Seriously. Hot guys, check. Hot, alpha guys? Double check. Hot alpha guy with a heart, triple check. Troubled heroine with heart of gold, yes again. You need to read this book if you like an awesome, hot as hell Alpha bought to his knees by the unassuming woman who doesn't know how good and beautiful she truly is, inside and out. Add to that some awesome action scenes and suspense, and Kate McCarthy has written a winner.
TG KMT | QUESTL❥VE
4.5 awesome stars

"Life is hard, Quinn, and the hardest part is being yourself in a world of people trying to make you someone you're not"

**Review to come**
Tricia  Santos
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
See full review here http://fallinginfall.blogspot.com/201...

I gave Give Me Strength 4.5 mind-blowing leaves. I’ll be honest here, I had no idea what I was getting into when I signed up for this tour. I had never read Give Me Love, so I didn’t know that I was about to be blasted into this amazing world that Kate McCarthy created. First of all, the setting in Australia? Love! Secondly, the story captivated me from the very beginning. It was different from most books in that all of Quinn’s dirty l
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰

Give Me Strength is book #2 in the "Give Me" series by Kate McCarthy, and follows on from Give Me Love.

This series plays out around the band Jamieson and their family and friends.

The friends - a bunch of hot as hell alphas who know what they want, and don't give up until they get it.

Give Me Strength is the story of Travis and Quinn. We met both characters briefly in Give Me Love - though Quinn is really just a character passing through, and Travis didn't really grab me.

Quinn has had a
Blushing Reader
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it

Star Rating: 4 out of 5

Heat Rating: HOT

*This is a second book in a series and I HIGHLY recommend reading Give Me Love (book #1) first*

Give Me Strength is a fast paced book that has rock stars, sexy alpha men, quirky best friends, and just enough suspense to keep you turning pages. I really enjoyed Travis and Quinn's story and getting to spend more time with the cast of characters that Kate McCarthy has created for this series. I can't wait to read each of their stories (especially Mac!).

Buckle y
Christine
Can I give more than 5 STARS because I loved. LOVED every word. This book is a 5 star romantic suspense. I did not think that I could love the secondary characters more than I loved them in Give Me Love, but I did and I am usually annoyed with secondary characters. Every single character (except of course for the bad guys) I loved. Everyone should have a group of friends like Mac, Evie, Henry, Cooper, Tim, Casey, Jared, the list goes on.

You need to read Give Me Love, the first book in the seri
Jenna Calmers
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hell, that was fun!!!!!

So freaking good!!!

So, this was the second book in this series, the first was about lead singer Evie and her best friend/band manager Mac's brother, Jared. This one was about Mac and Jared's brother Travis and the bands new assistant manager Quinn.

I don't even know where to start. I reread the first one before I read this one to refresh my memory and it was so freaking good even the second time around. This one was amazetits. I love all the characters and I'm so exci
Brittney
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think it was possible. I really didn't. Some how, Kate has revealed a second book that topped the first. And since I was utterly in love wit the first this amazes me.
Kate has a wicked way with the steamy sex scenes. She is so detailed in the important ways without them being cheesy or stupid. But still leave enough to the imagination.
Her characters, wow. Travis I barely glimpsed at in book one. I feel I didn't get to dig into Travis enough honestly. I wanted to see more of what made h
Tiffany
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Kate McCarthy and her Series Give Me!! Give me Strength was Great and I laughed and even Teared up a couple times!! Love all the Characters in this Series!! I think this book Is better than the first " GIve me Love" and I LOVED that book!! So very Impatient to Read "Give me Grace"!!! Hurry Please!!
Rachael
FOR-EV-ER! is how long its felt for "Give me Strength" to be released and now that I've finished reading it I'm a little depressed. The waiting game for the next book begins....now!
Vanessa
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it...Kate McCarthy is a great Aussie author!!!
Was very reluctant to put the book down...I was hooked from the beginning

Bring on Casey!!
Kim
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to Give Me Love. It is recommended that you read Give Me Love before this book.

Everytime I found something special, it was snatched away.

Quinn Salisbury didn't do anything wrong. She just suffered through a difficult childhood and abusive step-father and eventually got a little bit of justice herself...at least for awhile. Her best friend Lucy is determined to get her out and make her live a little. And she has one wild night with a stranger that rocks both of their worlds.

Li
Kimberly
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
I’ve been curious as to how this author was going to be able to write a follow up book that matches the first one, which I absolutely loved, yet is different in its own right. But, Kate has once again been able to give us the perfect blend of romance, suspense, action and a swoon worthy hero.

If you’ve read the first book, you will know that this series is not all romance. Yes, there is romance and sex and steam, but there is also always something more to make Kate’s books stand out. In this stor
  • Cut Too Deep
  • Girl of Vengeance (Rachel's Peril, #3; Thompson Sisters, #7)
  • Virtue & Vanity
  • Love to Love Her (Silver State Series)
  • Afraid to Fall (Dennison, #1)
  • Dear Tabitha (Forever Family, #2)
  • Breeze of Life
  • Destined to Succeed (Destined, #2)
  • Kilty Pleasure (The McLaughlins, #2)
  • Serendipity (Southern Comfort #1)
  • The Undisciplined Bride
  • Resisting Fate (Predetermined, #1)
  • Only for You (For You, #1)
  • Painted Lines
  • The Striker's Chance
  • Sink or Swim (Fight or Flight, #1.5)
  • Unspoken (Woodlands, #2)
  • Exquisite Betrayal
Kate McCarthy grew up in a small town outside of Port Macquarie, Australia. Raised in a house just a short walk to the beach, Kate enjoyed the peaceful, relaxed atmosphere and friendships that come from being raised in a friendly, small town area.
She now resides in Brisbane, Australia, a city in the state of Queensland where she works as an accountant, along with a sideline wedding cake business a

Give Me (4 books)
  • Give Me Love (Give Me, #1)
  • Give Me Grace (Give Me, #3)
  • Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)
“When you’re shown every day you’re not worth being loved, you tend to believe it.” 3 likes
“I know what Travis was like before you, and i know what he’s like since you, and I like the latter.” Casey’s voice was firm as his eyes held mine. “He smiles like he means it, even after a long shitty day like he’s dealing with today.” Casey tapped a finger to his temple. “Up here, there’s you at the back of all that, making his day not so shit because at the end of it, he gets you.” 2 likes