Start by marking “Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)

Starcrossed City

(Starcrossed 0.5)

Free online fiction.

A spin-off from Josephine Angelini’s irresistible Starcrossed series. Mysterious demi-goddess Daphne meets the totally hot Ajax for the first time in sultry NYC. This is where it all begins.

Available to read at: http://www.josephineangelini.com/blog...
Published March 5th 2013 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Starcrossed City, please sign up.
Felicia Nygren Press the link in the description and you can read it on her website, don't think it's in book form yet
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanGoddess of Spring by P.C. CastFor the Love of Hades by Sasha SummersRadiant Darkness by Emily WhitmanHades by George O'Connor
Mythology books
265 books — 193 voters
The Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick RiordanThe Titan's Curse by Rick RiordanAntigone by SophoclesThe Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Greek Mythology
445 books — 441 voters

More lists with this book...

Jada
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Starcrossed fans, Josephine Angelini fans, Greek Mythology fans.
Daphne, if you've read the Starcrossed books you probably think she is a total b**** and really dislike her. Correct?
Well, in this snippet into Daphne's mind you start to understand her, not dislike her so much. A brilliant piece that makes you reconsider your opinion of Daphne.
Makii
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the other train, looking at me through the window, is the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen. He has golden hair and bright blue eyes. His skin seems to glow softly, like he carries the sun inside him. One of his paint-stained hands is clutching his chest, like he just got punched, and the other is pressed flat against the glass of the window. I raise my hand and press it against my window, mirroring him. He looks so confused. Stunned. Like he’s just seen a ghost.
My enemy. Ajax.
The screams of
Kimi
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I want MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could she end it therre?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? AWWWWWW!!!!! This would have been an awesome story
Wereallhumans
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow how did I only find out about that today???? Really wish Josephine would give us more backstories and little one shots
Maryrose
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Its soooo goood! It should be a full length book! :)
Trinesha
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A short novella about Daphne and Ajax
Skyla
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The only thing I can say about this is: I want more. I've only read the first part (or chapter? I'm not really sure what to call it) and I've found it very interesting and great. I've learned more about the life of a Scion than the whole of the starcrossed series ever did. Helen has lived on a little island all her life and everyone there is used to her appearance. But Daphne is in NY and at a new school full of people who have never seen her before. She gets followed by the boys and hated by th ...more
Annie Brewer
May 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty neat little bit from Daphne's POV. It's not long, but it's cool to see how her and Ajax met. It's possible that it will continue. I hope so, I love Angelini's writing. Omg, it makes me remember I haven't finished Goddess yet. Damn, I better hop to it this weekend.

Here's the link....

Ema
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked it, but I expected more. Now I understand Daphne much more, and now I kinda like her more too. Even trough I really liked it, there is just something missing.
Azet
In "Starcrossed City" i got to read about how Daphne and Ajax met.
✩⋆ Victoria ⋆✩
Too short to be rated any higher.
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very nice quick glimpse into Daphne and Ajax.....I do hope she finishes this off!!
Hannah
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I literally did not realize this existed until something like two minutes ago!

It was really interesting reading from Daphne's perspective, especially from when she was young and only just met Ajax. I would definitely love to read more -- it would be so interesting to see how Daphne went from the teenager she is in this short story to the person she is in the Starcrossed series. Maybe another trilogy -- the whole foregone conclusion ending would be interesting and very sad to see play out.

I love
v.v
When reading the Starcrossed series everyone was always wondering what really happened with Daphne and Ajax, neither of them would spill. Was it Daphne who killed him or did she truly love him. All the questions were supposed to be answered in this book. Unfortunately, they weren't because she is writing the story while publishing chapter by chapter. She is still on chapter one so this might take a long time. I expected this series to be like a repeat of what Helen and Lucas went through but it' ...more
Joti
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sherry
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Starcrossed City, by Josephine Angelini, much more than I expected to. I’m wasn’t a giant fan of the Starcrossed series and certainly not a fan of Dapne. At times I’ve hated her, but I admit I’ve always been curious about her, about what made her tick, what made her so seemingly cruel and cold towards Helen. This book helped me understand those things so much better, gave me an explanation of what it would be like to have to bear “the face.” I’m still curious about Ajax. Their love and ...more
Cecilia
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nay Denise
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My first novella ever. This novella definitely helps me to understand Daphne and prepare me for the rest of the series. At first, I thought she was a major bitch in Starcrossed, but now I feel a bit understanding towards her ways and character. This also helps to explain how Helen is the way she is. They both were amongst the geeks, Daphne took AP classes and Helen was supposed to as well. Both were bullied by females and loved by the males. I love the way she and Ajax meant, but now I'm more cu ...more
Luke
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Starcrossed City is a spin-off from Josephine Angelini’s irresistible Starcrossed series.

Plot: Mysterious demi-goddess Daphne meets the totally hot Ajax for the first tine in sultry NYC. This is where it all begins. . .

Here’s a reassuring comment from Josephine Angelini when readers wanted more: “I’m so happy you all enjoyed it. Let’s see what happens. One way or another, you’ll get Daphne’s side of the story. ;)”

Now that I have finally read it, I don't really know what to say exactly. Well, I
Tiffany (About to Read)
It was interesting to read a story from Daphne’s perspective. I am just so used to not liking her, that I forgot she was human too. It shocked me to see how sad her story was—especially compared to Helen who had a pretty happy childhood. I was also shocked to see how similar Ajax and Daphne’s story felt to Lucas and Helen’s story.

“Starcrossed City”is not essential to the Starcrossed story at all. It precedes all of the events with Lucas and Helen, although it does provide insight to Daphne’s ch
Anna 'Bookbuyer'
Dec 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-sort
Sabine
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I seriously hope that Josephine will continue with this short glimpse at Daphne's story. I love the Starcrossed so much, it is still one of my favorite series. I never liked Daphne much while reading Helen's story but here we get to see a much different Daphne. Josephine commented that she plans to continue with the story after finishing the Worldwalker Trilogy and I really hope she will.

This story is very short but if you are a fan - read it! :-) I enjoyed it very much and can't wait to re
Heather
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very short story that gives you a look at a day in the life of Daphne at high school. She has to hide her powers when all she wants to do is use them. The ultimate mean girls get a hold of her because her boyfriend was drawn to her flawless beauty. Not sure I would have followed the rules with what they did to her. It gives you a chance to see Daphne from a different perspective. What helped to shape her into the b**** that we know from the Starcrossed books. It's definitely worth read ...more
Courtney
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teens
This is a short little story about when Daphne first met Ajax. I would definitely be interested in this story line. I hope the author decides to continue it. She could write a new series about that generation. In this story Daphne is a senior in high school. I would love a series about the older Delos boys (Pallas, Castor, Ajax, Tantalus) and Daphne when they were young. There is definitely a lot of backstory to explore. Hopefully the author will continue it.
Orlane
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, ya
WOW !!!
Josephine Angelini is becoming one of my favorite authors of all time.
This novella was amazing! It is just a chapter but it is addicting !
This is from Daphne's POV and even if I highly disliked her in Dreamless, I think I'm beginning to understand her a little bit more.
I would love to see more of her and of Ajax of course.
Please Josephine Angelini write this book, the premise is awesome!!!
Miranda Lopez
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
OMG! Wow... poor Daphne. Mean girls really suck; I'm glad that I didn't have to deal with that when I was in high school. I wouldn't know what to do if that happened to me.

I loved getting the insight on how Daphne and Ajax met, though I would LOVE to see how Helen happened without the *details*. I hope that Josephine continues someday.
Duks
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Finally get some sort of inside view of why Daphne is the way she is. She tried so hard to avoid any sort of attention. Now we know why she cursed Helen, she didn't want her to go through the same suffer and pain that she went through.

Ajax... I wish she would've went into more detail. Hope she continues with it. (Unless she wrote more and I can seem to find it.)
Meret Punk
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars❤
Why is this so short?
Just 9 pages?.. 9 FREAKING PAGES?..
How can the book end like this :'(..
Its such a short book, but for some reason it affected me..
If you want to read this book, then I will advice you to read the rest of the series first and leave this for last :3..
Its so good :'( ❤
Amanda
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
not bad for a really short prequel. telling how Daphne and Ajax first lay eyes on each other this story has me beginning to like Daphne... which I haven't so far in the story. that being said I would have loved to know more about the mysterious Ajax and am probably more interesting in how they dealt with the furies than I was about their first meeting ... if you can even call it that.
Lily
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great look into the past about Daphne and Ajax. Really intriguing and kept me engrossed. But, I do wish that there was more of this, like an entire novella dedicated to Daphne and Ajax. I know I haven't read Dreamless yet, but, I know it makes me want to read Dreamless now or at least as soon as possible.

Great story that should be read by all Angelini fans.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Other Worlds
  • Vampire Bites: A Taste of the Drake Chronicles (Drake Chronicles, #3.5, #4.5, #0.1, #0.5)
  • Daniel's Journal (Fallen Shorts, #3.8)
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The Demon Trappers, #0.4)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Lost Scene from Hallowed (Unearthly, #2.1)
  • Crow Memory (The Blood Journals, #1.5)
Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter.

Starcrossed (3 books)
  • Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)
  • Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
“Enough wars have been started over this face. My face. My curse—and my mother’s curse, and her mother’s curse, and so on all the way back to the first woman to ever wear this face. Helen of Troy.” 7 likes
“The other Houses don’t know that my House still exists.” 4 likes