Start by marking “Night Hawk (Night Hawk, #1)” as Want to Read:
Night Hawk (Night Hawk, #1)

Night Hawk

(Night Hawk #1)

Sentenced to death at the hands of a demon, Naomi Hawk has a firsthand lesson in despair and betrayal in Mark’s deal for fame with all the trimmings. Deep in the clutches of the underground brotherhood, Naomi's light is coveted for the Master's gain.

W
317 pages
Published March 11th 2013 by Novel Concept Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Night Hawk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Hawk

Start your review of Night Hawk (Night Hawk, #1)
Grammy 1
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5*****Stars

There are so many books out there and so many authors, it is hard to wade through all the paranormal stories and find one that is not the same ole, same ole. What a wonderful treat to read J.E. Taylor’s newest release, Night Hawk.

We meet Naomi Hawk in a precarious position, making a decision on whether to let a demon take her to Lucifer or jump out off an eighty foot ledge. Not a good day huh? Through these conversations we learn her boyfriend of two years has sold her out, literally
Dianne
Have you ever experienced a bad break up? Do you remember what it was over? Did the guy try to “get even” with you? Trust me, your worst nightmare can’t compare with what Naomi Hawk’s ex did to her. Mark sold Naomi out, body and soul to Lucifer, yep, THE Lucifer, demon extraordinaire. Why? Because Naomi is special, she is a Child of the Light, a rare and potent commodity in the demon world. After the big attack and chase scene, Naomi finds she is plummeting down a mazillion stories to her death, ...more
Elaina
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I started I didn't know this would be a vampire story. Had I known I might have declined reading it, but Night Hawk turned out to be a quick and easy read that kept me entertained, if not enthralled. Quick, because I read it in two hours, and easy, because it flows nicely chapter to chapter.

There’s some interesting chemistry between Naomi (new vampire on the block) and Damian (an old hand at this stuff) and there’s an intriguing plot that drives the story, particularly the persona and judg
Kelly Ashmore-paules
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be spell binding, difficult to put down, and a very easy flowing read. I have read another of J. E. Taylor's books (Crystal Illusions) and found this book to be another hit. It did seem a bit short compared to some other books I have gotten recently, but the characters are well rounded and easy to love, well all but Mark and Lucifer.

The initial quarrel between Naomi and Damian make for a true friends then lovers relationship, They razz each other until the end of the book,
The Urban Book Thief
The Urban Book Thief Review

If you like vampires, indie authors, alternate POV chapters, purple prose, fated lovers, cheesy villains and short chapters: then this is the story for you.

So if you do like your narrative shaded with a purple paintbrush then expect the usual romantic declarations of intent, swooning, salacious glances and illicit shoulder brushing – and that’s just from Damian the hero! The sexual tension is turned sky high throughout, to the extent that it supersedes much of the over
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2013/04/night-hawk-blog-tour-interview-review.html

Night Hawk is a story that starts off with a bang. A woman named Naomi is being chased by a demon. She just found out that her own boyfriend has sold her out to Satan. Satan wants her for her special blood and having her is priority number one. When it seems that her life is about to come to an end before Lucifer gets to her, she is saved by someone who clearly isn't human. He also clearly
Jeannie Zelos
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ARC supplied by Netgalley

Well, its straight in with the action for this book, with us meeting Naomi as she's at the mercy of a demon, on the roof of an eighty storey tower block. She's been sold out by her loser boyfriend to Lucifer, and one of his demons is about to take her. She falls and....is rescued by Damien, a vampire. Out of the frying pan into the fire but as Damien takes her blood she fights back and ingests some of his blood in the action turning her into a vampire. Damien has by then
Tiffany
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Full blog Post @Book-Marks the Spot

I Received this from All Night Reads for my honest review.

Naomi has just been betrayed by her boyfriend. He turned her over to a demon to bring to Lucifer. Before the demon can take her, she falls off the building and is saved by Damian, who is a vampire. He turns her and she wants revenge. Not on him, but on her ex and Lucifer and she is going to need Damian’s help in order to do it.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

This book starts off with a kick, but t
Ana (Owl Always Be Reading)
Blog: http://www.owlalwaysbereading.com/201...

When I first saw this book in Netgalley, I am not going to lie, the cover got me and I requested the book right away. The look on the girl’s face (Naomi) caught my attention from first glace. Unfortunately, that’s as far as my love could go for this book.

Naomi, the main character is betrayed by her boyfriend, Mark. He actually sold her out to Lucifer because she wouldn’t sleep with him. Yeah, a real prince charming, huh? Luckily for her, a shapeshif
Maghon Thomas
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You guys know I’m not normally the vamper fan. I actually had no idea this would be a vampire story. I was thinking along the lines of demons when the blurb talked about shadows. Well, there’s a little bit of everything in here. It starts out crazy! Like, Naomi is hanging over the side of an 80 story building crazy!!! It really doesn’t slow down either. And vampires are not “really” vampires… I mean they are, but they are different than what we normally associate with them.

Naomi is a strong woma
Aimee
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Vampires and angels and demons, oh my! J.E. Taylor's Night Hawk is packed with all three supernatural creatures. Naomi Hawk finds herself at the mercy of a demon courtesy of her jerk boyfriend, Mark. As if that wasn't terrifying enough, she's saved at the last second by a sexy vampire named Damian. Naomi manages to get herself turned into a vampire quite unexpectedly, and then she discovers that she has a very interesting family tree that puts her in even more danger, this time from Lucifer hims ...more
Layna
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Night Hawk is a thrilling read that is very fast paced, non-stop action and romance packed story. From the very first page, it draws you in and you can't stop reading. You start of meeting Naomi, a girl who was sold to demons by her boyfriend Mark. While facing death, Naomi is stolen from the demon that was going to kill her, only this was no rescuer he wants her for himself. Damian is a vampire, who only wants to kill Naomi, but when she sinks her teeth into his flesh instead of the other way a ...more
Marsha
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Adults
Have you ever walked into the middle of a conversation and attempted to figure out what was going on? When I first began reading "Night Hawk " that is exactly how I felt. As a matter of fact, I stopped reading, went to goodreads.com to determine if I was reading book 2 rather than the first book all because the author did not adequately provide the background or world building to smoothly immerse the reader into the story line.

"Night Hawk" had the potential to be an exceptional read. The story w
Danielle Forrest
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a hard book for me to review. For the most part, I enjoyed reading it, I think it is worth reading, but I couldn't honestly remember any specific tidbits that really stood out to me after the fact. That being said, the story was fast paced, action packed, and entertaining.

I found the use of first person point of view for two different characters at times jarring and, with the duration of some of the chapters in each character's POV, sometimes hard to get into (it takes a little bit to
Carrie
Apr 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2013
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book was a really quick and fun start to what appears to be a new series. You are thrown right into the action from page 1 and I found myself hurrying to see where this book took me.

Naomi is a tested warrior facing some big bad at the beginning of the book, who we later learn is tied to Lucifer. Here's where I get a little confused. I guess either I missed some details or we aren't supposed to know everything yet, but I have no
Heather Alexander
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
I was given this book in return for an honest review. Naomi is sold up the river, by her boyfriend, to Lucifer. When a demon comes to collect, she is certain that she is dead. Rescued, kind of, by an unlikely savior, Naomi is changed. Damien is shocked by how quickly she changes an adapts. They are attracted to each other and at the same time, at each other's throats. The demon is still coming to collect Naomi for Lucifer, and Damien has to answer to archangel Michael for changing Naomi. With bo ...more
Cheryl M-M
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
There isn't much of a lead-up or introduction to the premise of the story.The reader kind of gets thrown in there at the deep end. One minute the main character is apparently a sweet tasting delectable morsel that is on the demons most wanted list and the next she has is toting her own set of fangs.
Not sure the fight scene with Michael was believeable. She is a newly turned vamp with a 'light' heritage and yet she is supposedly more powerful than an ancient angel?
Other than the constantly changi
JoAnn Paules
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One word – wow! Like several other reviewers I didn’t know this was a vampire book. Unlike the others, I still would have read it if I had known. I do love a good vampire story. And this was a good story.

Naomi and Damian’s relationship has an unusual beginning and continues to be unusual throughout the book. I enjoyed the interaction of these two characters. I think it was obvious how these two would fare at the end of the book but it was enjoyable watching the events unravel.

I’ve only read one
Kelli
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In the time of so many Vampire books comes this gem of a title. Just when I was about to walk away from this part of my favorite genre, I find this book in my reading club. If there are more writers like this one, we are in hope of not having to read the same old "boy bites neck, turns girl, they fall in love". This tale delivers more in it's pages with it's mixture of good versus evil and MORE SEXUALLY TENSION than a dark back seat at a busy midnight matinee. I was completely floored by how muc ...more
Teresa
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was part of a book club.I felt that I had little trouble getting into it at the very beginning, but was it ever worth the wait! The characters are multi-dimensional, the chemistry between them is powerful, and the story is well rounded. I was hooked after about the second or third chapter and really felt connected. I was a little disappointed at the end because I wanted it to just keep going. This, in my option, is the greatest gift a writer can give to the reader. Well done.
Monique
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those of you who are enthralled with the supernatural this is a must read book.J.E.Taylor packed action and intrigue into this book from start to finish.With a combination of vampires,angels and demons along with her fabulous writing skills she has a series hit on her hands!What starts off as a simple bartering of souls ends up being a rejuvination of a life that began thousands of years before.I'm loving J.E.Taylor's books and I'm eager to explore her other works!!

Kirsten
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a first reads win and I am glad that I did. It was a refreshing take n the vampire genre. These Vampires have a different mission and ways of life. I loved that the female character as she was strong and wouldn't step back and let the man take the lead.
The had a strong story line that is always a plus as there are alot of books that don't lately. I can't wait to read the next book.
Jocelyn Dex
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Night Hawk has Vampires, an angel, demons, shifters, surprises, good writing, action and it flowed well. The sexual chemistry between Naomi and Sebastian was believable and the sex scenes were steamy. I liked it. Definitely worth a read. :-)

I was provided a free copy of this book for my honest opinion.
Let's Get
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 / 5

I actually didn't see some of the twists coming, a rare and thoroughly enjoyable thing. For the first in the series it was perfect and will have anyone that reads it waiting impatiently for the next installment. Vampires, angels, demons, battles and so much more. A brilliant job by J. E. Taylor!
Well done!
Lori
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cool concept

I liked the concept of Michael vs lucifer and the mix of vampires in between. It ended pretty abruptly and I hope there will be a sequel. Cool that these vampires had extra special powers. Fun read.
Bonnie
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An exciting vampire romance in a modern American setting. This story features an unusual combination of characters, including a vampire, of course, but more significantly, his relationship with a human girl who, technically, is a nephilim ...the great-grandchild of an archangel. The story is filled with tense moments and surprising twists, and of course, she falls for her vampire rescuer, and he falls for her. The plot is complex, and the final outcome is touching. I really enjoyed reading the b ...more
Deborah
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not A Good Day

This is an entertaining read about a young woman whose choice in a boyfriend leaves a lot to be desired. He literally sold her to the devil. She was plucked from her death to end up with someone who wants to kill her too. She shocks her supposed killer when she bites back. That is the beginning of a myriad of circumstances and situations that have her dealing with angels and demons. Enjoy I did.
Silver Surfer
Mar 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This author certainly can write very good stories that's for sure. This one is different take on the vampire theme, but very good nonetheless. Not usually one for romances but found myself engrossed in this one. Recommended. ...more
Book Reading Gals
Title: Night Hawk

Series: Night Hawk Series - Book 1

Author: J.E Taylor

Genre: Romance, Sci-Fi, and Fantasy

Blurb: Selling your soul has never been so charming and Mark throws in a little something to sweeten the pot, his girlfriend Naomi.
When she slips
Julie
Feb 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
I received a free copy from the publishers in exchange for an honest review.

I tried to read this, I really did but I just couldn't get into it. The start is rushed, there isn't really much of an introduction to the characters and the language goes from juvenile to crass from one paragraph to the next. The author doesn't do a good job of creating a believable world. At one point I was wondering if I had missed out a book and was reading a follow-on book.

I'm going to leave my review at that.

All Night Reads: Night Hawk now on NetGalley 14 34 Jul 21, 2013 12:35PM

• Storm Master (City of Crows, #8)
  • Silver Brotherhood (Kat Drummond, #8)
  • Until The Sea Runs Dry (Silver Screen Secrets #2)
  • Terminal Secrets (Cerberus #2)
  • The Golem of Prague (Hiram Kane Adventure #0.5)
  • Atlantis Storm (Ryan Bodean Tropical Thriller #1)
  • Will Patching's Short Shots: Blood On Their Hands: Three Killer Thriller Quick Reads - Justice, Old Flame & The Butcher
  • Second Slice (The Detectives Daniels and Remalla, #2)
  • A Knight of Cold Graves (The Revenant Reign, #1)
  • Springhatch (Bridge of Legends #5)
  • The Fae Hunt (Kat Drummond, #9)
  • Unholy Heist
  • Killer Inspiration
  • A Wolf Stalking (The Risen World, #4)
  • Dark Order (Kat Drummond, #10)
  • Fae Pursuit (Tangled Fae #4)
  • The Last March (The Silent Champions #0.5)
  • Blood Sacrifice (Sorcerer's Creed #1)
J.E. Taylor is an award winning, USA Today Bestselling author, a publisher, an editor, a mother, a wife, a business analyst, and a Supernatural fangirl, not necessarily in that order. She first sat down to seriously write in February of 2007 after her daughter asked:

“Mom, if you could do anything, what would you do?”

From that moment on, she hasn’t looked back.

In addition to being co-owner of Nov

Night Hawk (3 books)
  • Tigress (Night Hawk, #2)
  • Trinity Rising (Night Hawk Series)

News & Interviews