Start by marking “Come What May (Heartbeat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Come What May (Heartbeat, #2)

Come What May

(Heartbeat #2)

Adam is through with love.

He unravels blaming himself for what happened with Katie.

His final moments with her echo through his nightmares.

She owns him body and soul.

To dull the pain, Adam invites a string of women into his bed. Fueled by alcohol and desperation, his meaningless hook-ups provide little comfort. When he closes his eyes, it's Katie he sees.

The only one who he
Published May 29th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Come What May, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come What May

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
1,190 books — 3,675 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
New Adult/Post HS books
828 books — 2,078 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenn
Apr 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
I'm only reading this to see what happens to Adam or if we end up with another messed up ending. I NEED HEA not jacked up reality. That's why I freaking READ books. HEA'S!!
Sarika Patkotwar
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Actual rating- 3.5

Just like I felt with the first book of the Heartbeat series, Heartbeat (my review of which can be read here), I don't know what to feel about Come What May. With both these books by author Faith Sullivan, I know that no matter how much time I give myself to think and ponder over them, it's just not going to be enough. I love the way Faith's books end but they leave me feeling confused, empty and utterly shocked, in a good way because I'm weird that way.
Come What May starts ou
Kat (Why Read)
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it
I had an internal battle with this one.....the dark side won. While the plot keep me yelling at the pages, it was far too dramatic and unstable to be the follow up to the Heartbeat I know and love. I would have preferred the first to be a standalone if I'm forced to believe here that none of it was ever real. Sigh....woe is me.... Full review to come.
Kelsey Ketch
Aug 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
You know those series where you really enjoy the first novel—fall in love with the characters and concept—then the second book shatters all those feelings. That’s what happened with me and the Heartbeat series. I loved Adam in the first novel, Heartbeat. I loved Katie. I loved the psychological twist at the end. But after reading Come What May, all that love was gone, and I don’t think I can continue this series.

My love lost wasn’t because of Jada—I only wished there was a little more character
Tanya Vought
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Woah! Faith has done it again! Stumping us the reader, flooring us with shocking revelations and more!

Adam is not doing well with the death of Katie. He has many sexual encounters and even drinks and does drugs. (Oh and hears Katie in his head)

However, when he realizes who his new partner will be and learns more about her he opens up to her!

Jada is Adam's new partner and boy does she not take any of his crap! I loved her for that! She is confused, sad, enjoys Adam and has fallen for him.

It wa
Lindy
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

Come What May by Faith Sullivan, had a dark, gritty, and intense vibe to it. The story was told through the alternating dual perspectives of Adam, from Heartbeat, and we are introduced to a new character in this sequel, Jada. She is Adam's new ambulance partner. He was pretty upset from the beginning of the story to lose his previous partners, but as he gets to know Jada, they become really close partners, and friends.

Unfortunately, Adam is battling some dark demons after the death o
Sandra "Jeanz"
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
INITIAL THOUGHTS
Well I seriously thought "i knew" the character of Adam from Hearbeat but he is represented as being quite different in this book. Some would say he perhaps shows his "true colours" What I thought was a romantic, emotional loving young man in Heartbeat is a womanising, bit of a bad boy in Come What May.

MY REVIEW
I received this e-book from the Author Faith Sullivan in exchange for my honest review.
I think the cover represents the book well. I'd say the male on the cover fits with
Lauren
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading Faith Sullivan's Heartbeat, the prequel to Come What May, and being completely flabbergasted by its conclusion, I couldn't wait to see what happened next to Adam and Katie. There were so many unanswered questions that I needed answered! Therefore, when Come What May finally ended up in my possession the other day, I jumped right in. Luckily, Come What May completely surpassed my sequel expectations, because not only did it introduce a enjoyable, heartfelt story that stood on its ow ...more
Ashley
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG, Faith!!! What are you trying to do to me?!?!?! I am seriously freaking out right now! My hands are shaking, I've been pacing, and cursing...I don't even know what to do with myself! I waited and waited to read this book, even though I've had it forever, because I was terrified to find out that Adam was moving on from Katie. But now I've fallen in love with Jada too! You have seriously got my mind running in a thousand different directions! I guess I'm just going to have to read the last boo ...more
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought I would get some answers by reading the next story, Come What May. I was wrong. I was left with another “What just happened” kind of moment. Now that doesn’t mean it was a bad thing. It definitely has me salivating for book 3. This just gets more and more bizarre. It’s almost like I’m reading a contemporary romance story with a paranormal sprinkling. I just can’t figure it out and I like it.

In Come what May we find Adam trying to come to terms with his brief encounter of Katie. She hau
Jessica
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
Whew! After the craziness that was the ending to the first book, Heartbeat, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Faith had created a sequel! I'm going to try and keep this review as spoiler free as I possibly can.

Adam is a mess over the shocking final events in Heartbeat. He is a very different person than the one we originally met. No longer is he the sweet, innocent guy he once was, but he has turned to losing himself in alcohol and sex to numb the pain of what happened. He is tormented and
Lissette
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ever since Katie, the young woman he'd met at the scene of accident, died in his arms, Adam's life has never been the same. He vividly recalls the moment whenever he has a chance to. Katie's face invades his dreams, and haunts his every breath. Deep inside, he wants to believe that he's just feeling guilty over the fact that she died on his watch. Yet he knows better. Something else is going on. He just can't figure out what that is yet.

Determined to try and pick up the pieces of his life, Adam
Naomi
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Come What May is a wonderful second book in the series!! Once again I was thrown into the life of a paramedic, actually two paramedics this time, Adam who we met in book 1 and Jada, who is Adam’s new partner. I was immersed into this fantastic world where both characters need to overcome events in the pasts to move on successfully. It was intense, frustrating at times and overall an entertaining read!

I was expecting Adam to be the same nice guy that he was in Heartbeat, but he isn’t!!
Love, Holly Xx
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
********ARC received in exchange for an honest review********

After the crazy ending of the first book in the series there was no way I was ever going to be able to NOT read Come What May. I started it straight away desperate to find answers to the questions I had after finishing Heartbeat, and although I didn't find all of the answers, I really enjoyed this book!

To start with I struggled to get in to the book. I was still reeling from the events of book one and as I had grown to really like Kati
Lesley
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Come What May is book 2 in Faith Sullivan's Heartbeat series and picks up after the plot twister that ended Heartbeat.

Adam is on a downward spiral and reeling from what went down with Katie and is making very destructive decisions. He's trying to cope with things by drinking and sleeping with lots of women but he can't shake the nightmares. With a shift at the ambulance company, he finds himself paired up with a new partner, Jada. Jada is the complete opposite from Katie but he is enthralled by
Novel Grounds
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
ComeWhatMay

3.5 Stars

Amazon|Goodreads

My Review:
I really enjoyed the first book in this series with its not so happy ending, and the second installment was just as good. It kept attention and was another great journey of healing for Adam. Well, that ad really finding himself.

Adam changes quite a lot in this book. Dealing with Katie's Death and all that came with it, even if he didn't know why, changed him. Jada. I really enjoyed her all around as a character. With such a troubled past, just like Ada, she
Cathy
Nov 21, 2013 rated it liked it
So I definitely remember the first book and how at the end I was like huh because it completely flipped the script on us. Well this book continues on from that moment. But this is all about Adam as you know what happened in the end of the last book, if you didn't read it go check it out.

So we meet Adam and he's still pretty beat up about what happened to Katie even though in his mind he didn't even know her, not technically anyway. But there was a definite connection that was there. But this Ad
I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}
After devouring Heartbeat, and that absolutely devastating and shocking ending, I wasn't sure what to expect from Come What May. The simple fact that there is another woman mentioned in the summary made me mad. I wanted more of Adam and Katie, not Adam and someone else.

After a few chapters, I grudgingly accepted that Katie wasn't coming back and accepted the loss, as Adam does. I thought I knew Adam after Heartbeat. Turns out he wasn't nearly the guy I thought he was. He makes a lot of bad dec
Ottilie
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5

There is nothing more haunting than nightmares that won't go away. You don't always know why you are having them, and your sub conscious knows all of your fears to feed off of. Adam keeps seeing Katie, the girl who seems to hauntingly know him, yet this stranger's death stains his hands. Adam is having a hard time dealing with the loss of Katie and forgets who he is. Jada is his new partner on the job though. A spitfire with shadows in her own past. These two have a very rocky road together a
Sara Strand
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
So now I'm confused because is Katie not real? I thought she was real? I find myself re-reading chapters and I'm so stinking confused. These moments of confusion make me think maybe I can't read literature for a living and scrutinize it if I can't even figure out if a character was real or not. This was my issue with Wuthering Heights, once I realized there was two of some people it was like, game over, I'm not that smart.

But maybe Katie is real and this is like a really bizarre form of post tr
Jess
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 ended and my heart broke for Adam! He had a once in a lifetime connection with a girl who died with his name on her lips. Come What May begins with Adam's nightmares, he is trying to find Katie only to wake up knowing she is gone. He tries to drink her away, but fails. He tries to replace her with other women, and that really fails. He is hurting everyone close to him. It doesn't take me long to start not liking Adam very much. I know he is hurting, but he is hurting those around him more ...more
RedRedtheycallmeRed
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 STARS...I AM SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really liked book one, I still think about the jaw-dropping ending months later. I liked Adam and Katie in the first book and rooted for them. But was that really Adam? Did that relationship even exist?

The Adam in this book I do not like at all. He's basically a douchebag and he should definitely be fired from his paramedic job. Jada seemed ok, but I have no idea why she was so attracted to Adam, he treated her like crap!

The subplot with Adam's brother
Meradeth Houston
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have I mentioned how much I love Sullivan's work? Not enough, that's for sure! Her books are amazing and just so much fun to read! And the endings, holy frick, they always get me :) Come What May was no exception--I was completely drawn into this story and couldn't put it down. Adam is going through all kinds of hell and Jada just captured my heart. I will also never sit in a hair salon chair without a particular scene going through my head! (Hawt!!) I liked getting to see more of their on-the-j ...more
Julie
4 Stars dysfunctional stars.

I'm kind of at a loss for words regarding this book/series. Question. How can a man become so obsessed and fall in love with a woman he just met, a woman who he had never met before, but now he's tormented by nightmares of her and his only memory of her is looking into her eyes while she takes her last breath. Adam, who is already running from memories of the past, is now tormented.

Reading this book/series, is like watching a train wreck and I'm unable to look away fr
S
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
once again, i enjoyed the author's writing style.
i don't have much to say except maybe for.. uhm.
i don't really like Jada. XD i don't know why! i just don't like her. i may even be rooting for Katie.
pretty sure i have a clue about the ending now but meh.
thumbs up for the author though. not bad, considering i don't like stories like these. even i was surprised that i went on to reading the sequel. :)
Renee
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Adam is seriously bouncing between being a hot mess and being just plain hot. I was against Jada, seeing her a competition for Katie. Not that I dont like her, I need to know where the story is going. It ended with a decision that I dont know if I can make, not even considering what Adam could make. So many shockers in this book. What a way to grab your attention and leave you begging for more.
Taegen Sullivan
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I hesitated getting into this book because of the ending in the first book, and I wasn't sure if my heart could take any more. Well, of course it could! Plus, how could I go on not knowing what happens to Adam?

I started this book before bed thinking I'd just read until I became sleepy. I should've known better that I couldn't do that - I kept reading until the end, and now I can't wait for book #3!
Dori
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I usually can read a book in one night if it has my full attention... This book DID NOT, until the end, but that was it. Took me a couple days to read it, just didn't keep me interested. I will read 3 cause can't NOT read it. Just hope it finally ends along with finally getting to point.
Hillary
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
she knows how to write a book! the ending! :O... I love these series!!
Lindsey
Amazon Freebie 7/24/13
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Songbird Freed (Songbird, #3)
  • Deadly Night (Ghosthunters 101, #1)
  • Epic (Fierce, #3)
  • The Art of Letting Go (Uni Files #1)
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • Sometimes Moments (Sometimes Moments, #1)
  • Love Me Twice (Safe Haven, #3)
  • Lies of Omission
  • A Little Blackmail (Destiny Bay: Forever Yours #2)
  • Eaters: The Beginning
  • Courage Dares (Sisters of Spirit, #4)
  • Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1)
  • Mystical Seduction
  • Let Me Fly (Learning to Let Go, #1)
  • When She Rejected Him, He Set Out to Destroy Her (Obsessed With Me #1)
  • Year 50
  • Journey to Yesterday (Yesterday, #1)
  • Must Love Santa

Heartbeat (3 books)
  • Heartbeat (Heartbeat, #1)
  • I Am Yours (Heartbeat, #3)
“I promise to keep my hands to myself. I'm too exhausted to make a move on you.” 32 likes
“What is it about guys named Adam?” 12 likes