Start by marking “Aphanasian Stories” as Want to Read:
Aphanasian Stories

Aphanasian Stories

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Three of Rhonda Parrish's beloved Aphanasian stories brought together in one collection for the first time!

A Love Story: Z'thandra, a swamp elf living with the Reptar, discovers a human near the village. When she falls in love with him, she faces the most difficult choice of her life, a decision that will affect the Reptar for generations.

Lost and Found: Xavier, the esca
Published March 5th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Aphanasian Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aphanasian Stories

Majanka
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

Aphanasian Stories is a collection of novellas and short stories set in the world of Aphanasia, a highly imaginative, entertaining fantasy world. There are three stories in this collection, and I’ll talk about each of them seperately.

In “A Love Story”, Z’thandra is the last of her kind, swamp elves, which puts her in an almost impossible positions as she tries to live a peaceful life with her foster parents, who are both Reptars.
Brian Wilkerson
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Rhonda Parrish asked to read her anthology "Aphanasian Stories". It contains three stories of varying length but I chose to read. "Sister Margaret". It is the shortest of the three and the one whose premise caught my attention: " A vampire hunter and a half-incubus swordsman are hired by a priestess to kill the undead pimp that is extorting, torturing and murdering vulnerable girls."

I will examine plot, characters, and polish, and then assign a grade.

Plot

Summary:

Lost and Found: Xavier, the escaped subject of a madman
Sharon
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
My review is for “Aphanasian Stories” by Rhonda Parrish.

This small book is a collection of stories with a similar theme, hence the Aphanasian Stories.

The first one is labelled “A Love Story”. It is about a young lady who is a swamp elf. She is the last of her kind. A family of Reptars takes her in and raises her. Not everyone in the village are open to swamp elves. One day she comes across a human while out gathering for her family. At first she is hesitant in associating with him. But as times
Heather Faville
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aphanasian Stories is a collection of three tales all linked together with a common location the world of Aphanasia and, in my eyes, a common theme, taking charge of the adversity in your life.

"A Love Story" is a wonderful tale of choosing between following the path you have been raised to follow or taking a chance on following your heart along the path of love.

"Lost and Found" is the online novella I reviewed (HERE) and thoroughly enjoyed. The interactions between Colby, who has set out to sav
April
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
the author brings 3 seperate stories that actually link together in this book. All three are great reads and while they can be read seperately they still connect. Each story has its own beginning and its own end unlike most stories that link together. Each story is set in the same locale but in different times with new characters. really good read kept me interested to the end.
Jenny_acc
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable stories,and i like how they all linked together.The 2nd story was my favourite by far and i think it could have been even longer.
Carrie Vos
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I think the story could have been more entertaining if it had not gone quite so fast. It seems confusing to me (I did understand it and follow the story line) but it still felt confusing. I think it would be better to do one book on each character and give more detail and slow the story line down some. It's a decent read but as I said too fast, which made it confusing. And not enough detail. If you like fantasy it is worth the read but expect it to go to fast and too short on description.
Gaele
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Aphanasian Stories is a collection of 3 tales connected by their location. Each provides a unique view and perspective on this new world, and are best classified as darker paranormal fantasy tales.

I will readily admit that the darker side of things is not somewhere I tend to venture or gravitate, but each story in this little collection provided an interesting read, with characters and descriptions that intrigued.

First up is A Love Story: a simple story that presents the reader with a choice b
Sheila
Feb 08, 2017 added it
Very entertaining. I liked the first story the best. The second story was very good, I enjoyed it. The third one needed to be longer but enjoyed it anyway. Overall a very good book. Highly recommend.
Johnson Tran
Apr 19, 2013
Moira Gray
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2018
Janessa Salazar
Apr 19, 2013
Franz McLaren
Jan 06, 2015
Virginia Stark
Feb 20, 2015
Rhonda
Mar 13, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Antonia "Toni"
Jamie
Cassy Lieberman
Tasha
Mar 20, 2013
Rhonda Parrish is driven by a desire to do All The Things. She founded and ran Niteblade Magazine, is an Assistant Editor at World Weaver Press and is the editor of several anthologies including, most recently, Fire: Demons, Dragons and Djinn and E is for Evil.

In addition, Rhonda is a writer whose work has been in publications such as Tesseracts 17: Speculating Canada from Coast to Coast and Imagi