Start by marking “My Everything (Beaumont #1.5)” as Want to Read:
My Everything (Beaumont #1.5)

My Everything

(Beaumont #1.5)

When Nick Ashford lost his friend, Mason, he didn’t realize he was going to lose his family as well, but that’s exactly what happened. Alone and in a foreign country, Nick is working on rebuilding his life one patient at a time, that is, until a striking volunteer makes her presence known.

Can Nick finish his year in Africa without risking his heart being broken again, or i
Published March 17th 2013 by MadBear Publishing

To ask other readers questions about My Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Everything

Christy
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
 photo 89e46b19-e80f-43ac-bfad-b76d365719c1_zps75b81192.jpg

After reading ‘Forever My Girl’, I sympathized with Nick (Josie’s ex-fiance) but he wasn't my favorite. After reading his story, I liked him a lot more- and I was very happy he found his happy ever after!

After rock star Liam came back into town, Nick’s family was torn apart. He knew Josie still loved Liam, and the boy Nick had raised for six years, Noah, was getting to know his real dad for the first time. Nick had to get away. So he left. He went to Africa for a year to work as a doctor and g
TinaNicole ☠ Le Book Nikita ☠
3/19/13
Ok so I'm going to start off by saying that I didn't have many feelings about in Nick in Forever My Girl except pity. I felt bad for him. So when I realized this novella was about him I was pleased he'd get his HEA.

Instead I continued to feel bad for him in this one as well. At least until the last 10%. The book starts out with Nick getting settled in Africa and the new woman he meets named Aubrey.

I think it was all the flashbacks to his and Josie's relationship that ruined it for me. We
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
“You make all the ugly in this world seem just a bit better when I close my eyes at night…”

Just like the first book in the Beaumont series, a second chance at love is the key theme of this companion novella to Forever My Girl. Nick Ashford was the ‘collateral damage’ in Josie and Liam’s story, a man who wished nothing more than to have a family of his own, but ended up losing both the woman he loved as well as the boy he considered and raised as his own son. He walked out of their lives a br
Yvie
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I had a little bit of love for Nick in FOREVER MY GIRL and so when Heidi told me she had this little novella up her sleeve, I pretty much did a happy dance.

And having now read it, I was not disappointed. In Forever My Girl, my heart went out to Nick as he lost the girl he loved and left Beaumont with a broken heart. (And let me say this now, that doesn't mean that I am not a Liam fan because I most definitely am...)

Suffice to say, My Everything gave me everything I wanted and
Alaina
I'm so happy that I finally found the novella so that I can continue with this series!

My Everything was a really cute and easy read. I believe it's the first novella in the Beaumont series.. but I'm not one hundred percent certain. However, it's the first one I found so that's why I'm saying that.

I was so happy to read more about Nick, who was Josie's ex-fiance. He wasn't my favorite person in the entire universe (or this series) but it was really nice to find out what he has been up to. I wante
Rejane
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I understand he had a long relationship with Josie from FOREVER MY GIRL and even raised her son with her. But there were too much flashbacks of his relationship with her in this “novella”. It is a short book for us to be reminded all the time how he loved Josie and how hurt he was. Amber was a very mature young woman and too “understanding “ for my like. But I really liked the little we see of her.
And also there was too much time spent with Noah (Josie’s kid). The last chapter was all dedicated
AJ
Mar 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a sweet little novella featuring Nick – the 'other man' who got booted out of the picture in Forever My Girl.

I was a little torn about this novella, because as much as I liked Nick, he was a bit of a jerk towards the end of Forever My Girl. But I appreciated getting his perspective on things, and I liked that we got to see flashbacks of his time with Josie so we could understand more about their relationship, and my heart did break a little bit for him while reading it.

The book starts wi
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Really enjoyed this novella about what happened to Nick in the year after he left. A little bit rushed but it was a novella after all. Would have also liked an epilogue.
Autumn Review
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, review, blog-tours
I absolutely loved Forever My Girl. That book was everything I look for in a Contemporary Romance. But, in that book I was so focused on Liam and Josie finding their happy ending, that I kind of overlooked Nick. In fact, he kind of made me mad and I didn't really see his side of the story until this novella. I did read his letter to Josie right after he left for Africa, but this novella really made me like Nick.

When Nick got to Africa, he was still hurting over his break-up with Josie. They had
Michelle
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
3.5 Stars...If this had been more on Liam I could have gone 4...but I was not a huge fan of Nick.

But this short novella is Nick's story. He is in Africa volunteering as a Doctor, after walking away from Josie who had never fallen out of love with Liam. Nick meets Aubrey, and although they don't know each other for long - there is a connection and before you know it they are moving at the speed of sound.

They end up back in the States and Nick knows that being with Aubrey is where he is meant to b
Anne OK
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
A beautiful resolve for the heartbroken Nick. He's found his true love in Africa and they've returned to Beaumont as husband and wife. But Nick is still missing a piece of his heart. The boy he once thought of as his own has his real father in his life now. Will Nick be allowed to mend his own broken heart as well as make up the hurt he's caused Noah? Well, it's a certainty that Heidi McLaughlin did an excellent job mending all the broken pieces in a tender and loving manner.

I truly loved how t
AbiGirl: Romance-Read-Freak
Nick & Aubrey

Well....... atleast we know that Nick found his happy ending!

I am truly happy for him.
The sudden love between him and Aubrey.

This was a tweent bit of a story but it covered the basics which are as follows:

***Nick met another woman(view spoiler)
***Nick felt terrible about how he left things with Noah(view spoiler)
Lightrainbow
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Милая, добрая история. Приятно знать, что у Ника все так замечательно сложилось - уж больно жалко его было после первой книги. Не заслужил он такого отношения. Но многовато размышлений (а я их люблю), воспоминаний - иногда они казались занудными. Любовная линия быстрая и скомканная, хотя в рамки рассказа особо много не вместишь. Тем не менее, героя можно понять и простить ему все огрехи. Остается приятное впечатление.
lulamae_
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: przeczytane-2018
Dydy
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Un romance muy forzado.

No me enamoré de Aubrey y Nick, fue como un final feliz obligado.

La parte de Nick con Noah sí la amé. Estoy de acuerdo en que las separaciones de parejas no tienen por qué destruir las relaciones padres/hijos. Bravo!

Kenni Santiago
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Creo que la historia de Nick merecía más páginas. Una persona con un corazón roto, con tanto equipaje, y ademas, con tanto por sanar y dejar atras necesitaba al menos 300 páginas. Pero como no fue así, les dire;
#1 - Quería conocer más del Nick adolecente. Quería conocer su motivación para convertirse pediatra. Y quería que me narrarán ese primer encuentro entre Nick y Aubrey.
#2 - Falto conocer más a Aubery. Tenia un trasfondo interesante. Padres que llevaran una vida de misioneros y inculcándole
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
I was so looking forward to this series because I absolutely loved Forever My Girl.

I also wanted to find out what happened with Nick. I was never a big fan of Nick in Forever My Girl I was always Team Liam and at times Nick was quite the Douche but he still deserved his HEA because he was in love with someone who didn't love him the same way.

In this book I loved the idea of him finding himself away from Beaumont and finding out that maybe he never really was in love but with the idea of being
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I don't really read novellas or inbewteen books, but everyone told me I needed to read My Everything before I move forward so I did.

Yes, you do have to read My Everything before you can move forward and overall it's an adorable read.

This is Nick's story (which I didn't know) but I went with it. I guess you could say this is where he redeems himself. It gives you better insight on his feelings when he left the family. Also, My Everything introduces his new leading lady Audrey, who is adorable.

It'
This was Nick's story.
Nice to see he got his HEA.
He did get the short end of the stick in "Forvever My Girl"

I just didn't really feel much for this guy.
It seemed like his relationship with Aubrey went way too fast.
I didn't really think he was crazy in love with her.
It felt like he was still pining or Josey.

The story was just ok for me.
I'm glad Nick was able to reconnect with Noah.
That was the relationship I cared most about in this book,
deb22luvsbooks
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
This is a little insight as to what happens to Nick after he leaves for Africa and how he deals with the breakup of his 6 year relationship and loss of the son he came to love. It is a quick little read that has him falling in love again and regaining his footing back in Beaumont once he returns. It was nice to see him find some happiness for himself because he was a really good guy in the end.
Mitch Buenaventura
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Nick’s story of love and finding happiness. I am glad he found it but still find it odd that Aubrey was so perfect. Too much and too good to be true.
I am deeply touched for Nick’s affection and love for Noah.

“She holds my hands, extending our arms out wide. “Have you ever done anything spontaneous?”

“Her grin is wicked with an evil little glint in her eyes.”

“Marry me?”

Excerpt From
My Everything
Heidi McLaughlin
This material may be protected by copyright.
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Kinda rushed and way too much flashing back, but I'm glad Nick got his happy ending. It never occurred to me that he would miss Noah so much and Liam was kind of a jerk about it - but it turned out great. It would have been nice to have focused WAY more on Nick's relationship with Aubrey and some real development of her character.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
story was lacking

Overall 3 out of 5 stars
Performance 3 out of 5 stars
Story 2 out of 5 stars

There just was not enough here to justify the addition of a new story. I felt this could have been intermingled with the other story or as an after thought. It was nice to know what happened to him but it was just not enough here to make a separate read.

Narration was cool, smooth, and gave vibes if the character.
Rachel
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Glad to get some closure for Nick. This story made him a bit more likeable than I found in the first book. I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Pamela
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story.

**There were some words spelled wrong or used incorrectly and that bothered me a little.
J.E. Benoit
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ll admit, I wasn’t Nick’s biggest fan in Forever My Girl. I was rooting for Josie and Liam to get back together and to me Nick was just in the way. I don’t doubt they loved each other but it was clearly not the same level of epic love that Liam and Josie shared. Plus, I thought the way Nick handled Liam coming back and the whole situation with Noah was pretty rotten. Especially with the ultimatum he gave Josie about moving and then just taking off without a word, I can get why he’d do that to ...more
Chris- Bookaddict
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars Only because it is a short Novella . Other then that it was Great .

I will admit I was not a fan of Nick's Forever your Girl. I understand that he was worried about his relationship with Josie, But It just seemed that was all he was worried about .

This Book showed me that Nick did truly have love inside him for Noah even though he was not his son. I was happy when Nick realized that he needed to apologize to Noah for how he left. I was happy that he came to realize that no matter what h
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tour, blog-tour

MY EVERYTHING fills readers in on Nick's life after FOREVER MY GIRL. If you've read FOREVER MY GIRL, then you know that we were left with a lot of questions on what happens to Nick. If you haven't read FOREVER MY GIRL, I recommend you do before reading MY EVERYTHING. LOL!

I am so happy that Nick got his happy ending. I was a little worried how the author would play out his story, but I have to say I was really happy with the way things turned out.

For such a short Novella Heidi McLaughlin covers
Tony
May 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Started really well, then got a little flat. You should have read Forever My Girl before this, in which case you'll know that Nick was almost something of a hate figure in the first book; the man who stood between Josie & Liam punching holes in their impending HEA.
In this book, Nick is redeemed and we are shown what a Bitch Josie was to him. Telling him she loved him, couldn't live without him, didn't want him to leave her but 6 times turned down his proposal of marriage. And then, after the
Andreea
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever thought that life hasn't been fair with you? Have you ever been thinking that the one you loved was actually your true love? Have you suffered from that love? Well, life hasn't been fair with Nick when he saw Josie. From the evry first moment he laid eyes upon her he thought that she was his only true love and when her heart was broken, he was there for her and Noah. He loved both of them with all their heart till he got heartbroken.
Now, life has given Nick a second chance. A seco
  • Cloud Walking (Find You in the Dark, #1.5)
  • Recovery (Mending Hearts, #1.5)
  • Blessed Fate (Blessed Tragedy, #2)
  • Conspiring (This, #3)
  • Wild Child (The Wild Ones, #1.5)
  • Blinding Trust (Mitchell Family, #7)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The McCree's Star Spangled 4th (Chasing McCree, #1.1)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Depths (Silver Strand, #2)
  • Falling Stars (Thompson Sisters, #1.5)
  • Playing Chase (Against the Wall, #3.5)
  • Absorbed (Devoured, #1.5)
  • Trust in Me (Friends & Lovers, #3)
  • Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train, #3)
  • Avoiding Intimacy (Avoiding, #2.5)
  • Falling for Hadie (With Me, #2)
  • Listed: Volume V (Listed, #5)
Heidi McLaughlin is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of The Beaumont Series, The Boys of Summer, and The Archers.

Originally, from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband, two daughters, and their three dogs.

In 2012, Heidi turned her passion for reading into a full-fledged literary career, writing over twenty novels, inclu

Beaumont (5 books)
  • Forever My Girl (Beaumont #1)
  • My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont #2)
  • Finding My Forever (Beaumont #3)
  • Finding My Way (Beaumont #4)
  • My Kind of Forever (Beaumont #5)
“Mason whacks me on the back of my head. I give him the ‘what the fuck’ look and he just smiles. “If I didn’t think she loves you, I wouldn’t be sitting here when I have a hot little thing waiting for me at home. Believe me, Ashford, you may be taller and pretty, but you don’t have jack shit on Katelyn.” 0 likes