Start by marking “The Locket (The Locket, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Locket (The Locket, #1)

The Locket

(The Locket #1)

Some things are just mean to be…

For seventeen year old Claire Blake, life never stood still long enough to make friends or fall in love. But all of that was about to change.

Maybe it’s the rumors her house is haunted or her parents are crazy that have Claire feeling like an outcast on her first day of school. Regardless, it’s obvious to Claire she’s not welcomed.

Af
Paperback, 1, 396 pages
Published March 11th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 1st 2013)

Start your review of The Locket (The Locket, #1)
Tia
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
It was good but I think the author just through in some of these scenes as an after thought or something because it wasn't very smooth and at times some things felt contradictory. I'll definitely read the next one though.
Joelle
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book a lot! The premise was excellent. I was a little unsure when I heard about the ghost aspect but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it played out. This is not your run of the mill paranormal romance. It's got new elements that I haven't seen before. Brent hooked me in right at the start. He's a terrific hero. Claire, on the other hand, I really wanted to slap. I found her to be immature and made me so mad when she did really stupid things. I understand where she was coming ...more
Nancy Fillip
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This has a clever and imaginative theme. I love the idea that we all have a soul mate and Bell has taken the idea and woven a unique and interesting story with creative characters. Romance novels are so ubiquitous, so it was refreshing to read one with an unusual take on "boy meets girl," and whether they live happily ever after. Fast moving and excellent presentation of protagonist and antagonist.
Scharme Grider
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I feel like everything came together perfect. I love Claire and Brent's story, as well as Logan and Reese. I am ready for more. I will definitely recommend this book. It was great!! Kudos K.J. Bell!!~~
V
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved it
Abbi Adjei-perberg
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
At times, had me on the edge of my seat. Interesting twist on the paranormal, with a love story intertwined. A story to make you think, if not wonder....
Marie Lanie
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book. My dad was in the military so we move around a lot and I could relate to claire on that level. And Brent was hot! I'd let him be my paramour.
Tracey
A rather enjoyable paranormal, romance for New Adult/Older YA. Great characterisations and character interaction. Unusual storyline that keeps you interested and on edge.
Shirley
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
eh. This book was ok. Brent was a good romantic interest. But the main character Claire. No She was a snotty bratty. Uh I hated her character. I don't know if I will read book two.
Brittany
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Heidi
Sep 25, 2013 rated it liked it
This was the kind of story that you read when it is the weekend and you don't want anything too heavy. It has some good characters, and the story line wasn't bad at all. I did have a hard time with Claire sometimes as she seemed to get herself in trouble all the time even though she was supposed to be a strong independent character able to save the world. The story also kind of repeated itself - different situations but same thing happening, she never learned her lesson. I did like the relations ...more
Insomniacchick
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Too good to put down !

I had downloaded "The Locket" because I have always liked reading books about the paranormal, but this book is SO much more than that. I will admit that the beginning started off slow for me because of all the great detail that KJ Bell had put in setting up Claire's background for her audience, but I soon found out after the 1st chapter that this is one of those books that kinda needed it.

No spoilers here (mainly because I hate when reviewers do that LOL
Annalyse Marcox
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had to wait a few days to post a review of this book. My girlfriend recommended it when I told her I was over the same old stories. She warned me the main character “Claire” was annoying and she was. In fact most of the book, I wanted to choke her, however it did keep me reading it. I decided I would wait to write a review until I had a few days to think it over. I finally decided that it makes sense for Claire to be the way she is because she was never allowed to make mistakes and therefore w ...more
Elle
The story is kinda predictable. The sequence of events, the transition of human characters into a paranormal ones, the romance between them and the way they defeat the enemy are normal on its genre. Claire is kinda selfish, I really don't like her character. When she did have some feelings with Logan kinda pissed me off. Still, Brent will be always be with her.
Sheila Coble
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different to say the least ❤

This book was so far different than anything I’ve read from the author. While I enjoyed the book it wasn’t my favorite of hers... she still is an amazing author and I’ll continue to read anything she writes ❤❤❤
Karen
Oct 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Didn't finish. I couldn't hook me.
Valerie
Apr 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

From the start, I was intrigued by the potential of the story- unaware of her true background, Claire begins to experience supernatural things and new connections to the people around her. However- the first few times I tried to read this book, I couldn't. I couldn't relate to Claire at all, and the beginning jumped around and I found myself re-reading the same chapters in the hopes that I missed some explanation.
Erin
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-free
I stayed up late to finish this book, and I don't do that too often, so this gets four stars. However, Bell definitely should have spent more time on the writing process. There were a lot of places where word choice, phrasing, and overall descriptions were awkward. There was at least one place where the mood should have been tense but I was grimacing from Bell's descriptions rather than the plot.

I also thought Bell could have made Claire a bit less ridiculous. Does this girl (Claire) never lear
Jennifer Mateo
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Very good book as always! KJ Bell is one of my go to authors I never look at the synopsis because I already know I'm going to love it. I couldn't put the book down unless I absolutely had to like my kindle died and I had no choice but to charge it and feed my kids.
Michelle Preece
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
wow the twists in this novel loved it glad she ended up with brent
april
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like it

Like it

it was a bit slow (and a little boring) at first but gets exciting in chapter 2! Can't wait for the next one!
Jona
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Confusing at times
Casey Price
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a nice change up in story line, I liked it alot
Brittaney
Jun 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Couldnt even finish it.
Raven R. (AvalonReadsBooks)
If you'd like to read a more comprehensive review go to my blog: Avalon Reads Books
Brenda Deangelo
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the slightly different spin on the paranormal and soulmates. Will read the second book and really looking forward to her other book.
Vicki
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book by fabulous new author- can't wait to see the sequel
!
Maria
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Confusing at times
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
K J Bell currently lives in California with her husband and three children. As a mother of three, when she’s not writing, she’s usually carting one of her children to their various activities.

She enjoys reading, and music, and is equally addicted to both.

Writing is a passion she simply can’t live without.

She loves hearing from her readers and can be found on various social media sit

The Locket (2 books)
  • Shadowed (The Locket, #2)
“A match for you is your lifeline. Now that you have bonded, you’re sealed, with purpose. As long as you’re together you’ll feel the strength your seal provides.” 4 likes