Start by marking “Plus One” as Want to Read:
Plus One

Plus One

Olivia hates the singles scene, so when her best guy friend, Ian, offers to be her plus one to a series of weddings she has to attend, she agrees. Although she doesn't want to complicate their lifelong friendship, she can't pass up the chance to have a steady date without the dating drama. What she doesn't expect is to now find Ian so incredibly sexy.

When Ian sees his old
Published May 6th 2013 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Plus One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plus One

Start your review of Plus One
Jill
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it

Sometimes I feel a bit like Goldilocks when reading contemporary romance. I have a difficult time finding a book that's just right. Either the stories are too unrealistic or the dialogue too cheesy or the narrative too flowery. The hero is too over-the-top controlling or the heroine too innocent or too "feisty". Or the plot borders on fantasy with its insta-love/lust, blah, blah, blah....

But occasionally I read a CR that's just right for me. Like finding that bowl of porridge that's
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Cute, fast paced, sweet and romantic. Love this author's writing!!
caren
I told Brighton this the first time I read Plus One, and it still remains true after re-reading it again: this is my favorite thing she's ever written. This little novella is short, sweet, hot and will leave you wanting more when you get to the last page.

Olivia and Ian have known each other for years. She's best friends with his sister, and the three of them have been as close as people can get--as friends. Olivia's been on a never-ending string of bad dates, and with wedding season approaching,
KatLynne
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to KatLynne by: Jill
3.5 stars!

Ian and Olivia's journey from friendship to love is sexy, plausible and one that I very much enjoyed.

Thank you, Jilly, for leading me to this fun, feel good read:)!
Sheri
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
What a fun, sweet story! After a string of horrible dates, Olivia resorts to dragging her long-time friend, Ian, along with her to a series of upcoming weddings. Ian goes willingly, happy to be tagging along as Olivia's 'plus one' just for the chance to be spending some time with her. The more time they spend together, though, the harder it is to hide growing the attraction between them.

The characters in this story were fun and quite developed for the short length of the novella. Oliva and Ian
Jaime Arkin
I have to disclose up front that I personally know this author. But I'm pretty sure I didn't let that sway my opinion of Plus One at all. One of the reasons I know Ms. Walsh personally is because I admire her as a writer and she always seems to know just what I'm looking for in heroines and heroes and she brings that to her writing.

In Plus One, we meet Olivia, who is tired of endless dates with men that she just can't connect with. In fact, we meet her while she's on one such date... and I can'
Tyra
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so lucky to win an ARC of this book and believe me, I devoured it very quickly this evening because I was so excited!
"Friends to more" are my favorite types of stories.
I loved every thing about Ian and Livvy. Their banter, friendship and their chemistry. Also, the sex scenes were HOT as well!
I've been reading this Authors stories for a few years now and she is one of my favorites. This story definitely didn't disappoint. :-)
ShoSho
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
From Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

A short , steamy and enjoyable read.
Olivia is a thirty-two-year old woman who has decided to give up dating and instead of looking for a date to the weddings she has to attend she accepts Ian offer to be her plus one. Ian and his sister Emma have been Livvy's best friends for twenty years and he's been in love with her for the whole time.
I would have loved more details about the characters their families and even the weddings,like whose weddings wer
cosmogirl7481
I wish I could leave a well written, eloquent review for Brighton Walsh. But seeing as how I'm reviewing from my iPad while I'm still lounging in bed in vacation, this will have to make do.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Novella length books are a fav for me in erotica. And this one didn't disappoint. It was long enough to connect me to the characters, but short enough that nothing felt repetitive and everything about the story felt fresh.

I loved the heroine, Livvy. And she only made me bitchfac
Stacee
Love love love Olivia. She's smart and successful and knows what she wants out of life. Without being a bitch about it.

Ian. *sigh* I don't even have words for him. He's sweet and swoony and so fucking hot I would beat someone's ass to get to him. The banter between the two of them is some of the best.

It's such a great rollercoaster ride in such a short amount of time. And even though you know where the story is going, Brighton has made it entirely hers.

Brighton has such a way with words that
Risbee
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fun and flirty and unffy and can I have Ian please?

From the moment I turned on my Kindle until the very last word, I couldn’t put it down. It was as amazing as I knew it would be.
I am a sucker for a “friends becoming more” story and Plus One does not disappoint. The banter, the flirty-ness, the UNF, the sexy times…they were exactly what I look for in a story. Olivia is smart and sassy with a backbone and Ian…sweet lord, he is delish! Ms. Walsh weaves their story in a way that is fluid and entert
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

Short, sweet, and sexy! I love that it's the boy who has been in love with his older sister's best friend for most of his life, rather than the other way around. Ian is so adorably whipped. :)

I've been spoiled on Brighton's books lately; I can feel the withdrawals already starting. Her romances are amazing, no matter if they are less than one hundred pages or three hundred pages. Will be counting down the days until the next. <3

Featured on my romance novellas REC IT post.
Erin Arkin
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Plus One is a fun and sexy story that is a super quick read but gives you enough character development and story to really enjoy it. The whole friends to more in a book has always been one of my favorites and it is easy to get right into it with Olivia and Ian.

Olivia is sick of the dating scene and just happens to have a bunch of weddings she has to go to over the next few months but no date. Enter Ian. Ian and Olivia have been friends for a long time as she happens to be best friends with Ian’
Nefise
After a few NA books, I needed an CA with urgently so I can reset my mind :)
When you feel such a need in the middle of night, the best solution is a short story. So I red Plus One and I had great time. I've read a lot of books about this plot but still it's one of my favorites. As I have always said if writing style is good, guarantee that I'll enjot it in any case.

Thank you Jill! This is one of the many books that I've read after your review and had enjoy :)
tonya.
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun, sexy, sweet read that I devoured in less than an hour. Friends to more is totally my jam, and Ian is a sweetheart. I had a smile on my face the entire time. Definitely looking forward to more from Brighton.
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed, library-book, na
Really quick, cute story with best friends to more as the theme which I love.
Stella
May 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, for-review, 2013
I started reading Plus One because the blurb sounded like a fun, flirty wedding romance with the "from-friends-to-lovers trope" that I just love, and it didn't disappoint! It was cute, it was light and it was delightful! Brighton Walsh just got added to my must-read authors and I can't wait to read more of her stories (hopefully full length novels)!

Although the story is just 68 page-long, Brighton Walsh managed to tell a well rounded story with three-dimensional, well-developed, interesting char
Review can be seen here on Books and Swoons .

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

I loved this novella. It was short, sweet and juuust right. It was exactly what I needed after reading so many YA novels back to back. Brighton Walsh knows how to weave a story and have you falling in love right alongside with the characters. And I love the story line of friends to more. It makes my girly heart sigh in contentment and have me cheering the couple on.

Olivia is the kind of female heroine that I wish I
Katie_la_geek
Apr 14, 2013 rated it liked it
For this review and more my blog

Plus One is a sweet little novella that does exactly what it says on the tin. It is short, cute and full of some delicious sexual tension. Books about friends turning into lovers can be hot or miss. Often the chemistry isn’t there or it is not quite believable. Plus one suffers from none of these problems it was done just right and I liked the journey from friends to more.

Both Olivia and Ian are strong characters, I liked both of them equally and liked their relat
Gils
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was in a rut. For a long time, I thought I was broken. I couldn't find anything to read that I truly enjoyed. I thought that there was something wrong with me, maybe I just read too much. Then I won an ARC of Plus One by one of my favorite writers and I realized that its not me, its them. Finally a truly good book with a writing quality that is both precise and deliciously enjoyable.

Brighton Walsh has such a wonderful way with words. Her work is vivid. I often feel like I am watching a movie r
Amanda R
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romance
I received this book as an ARC via Net-galley

Olivia has nine weddings to attend during the next few weekends and after multiple horrible dates, she just doesn't think she can face going to them stag. Ian, her best friends baby brother, offers to be her date for all the weddings. He has had an unrequited love for her for as long as he can remember and thought that moving away from his hometown would get him away from Olivia and his crush and he could get over it. Seeing her has squashed all hope
 Lori (Ficwishes)
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Olivia has been on a string of rotten dates. Unfortunately, she has a series of weddings that she has to attend and dreads the thought of going alone. While lamenting this fact, her childhood friend, Ian, suggests that he accompany her to the weddings.

Ian has been in love with Livvy for over twenty years. Having spent the past 7 years two hours away from her Ian has convinced himself that he has moved on. Ian now wonders if it is even possible to get over her. After spending several weekends as
becky (rtgirl)
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to give a summary in my review because everything you need to know to pick up this book Brighton Walsh has already summarized for us...except for the fact that the chemistry between Ian and Olivia is off the charts!! There is all kinds of tension, both of the 'I love her but she doesn't know it yet', and of the sexual variety. The heroine is a believable, independent, every-day girl who has been through the dating wringer and Ian is just an all-around good guy. He's handsome and sm ...more
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
NetGalley free read

more like a 4.5. I loved it. It was cute, sweet and a little Hot! Ian was a little sappy, but not in the bedroom. And after reading quite a few dominate intense males, this was a welcome change. The only thing keeping me from giving it a complete sweep is because it was a novella. Not a whole lot of character development with friends and family or employees and employers. But it didn't really need it. Olivia and Ian were enough and that's saying a lot.

I'm getting through all
Sandra
Brighton Walsh delivers a super cute, erotic romance about a boy whose been in love with his sister's best friend for years, and a girl who has a hard time believing that the boy in question might actually love her. Both are afraid to ruin a long friendship by giving in to the mutual attraction. The author crams a lot of character development into a short story, letting both parties have their say, and then culminates the romance just the way I like it.

It's a perfect book to read on the beach or
Kelly Moran
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
After a miserable string of bad dates, Olivia is fed up. But she has a bunch of weddings coming up and doesn't want to go alone. In steps her good friend, Ian, who also happens to be her best friend's brother. What she didn't expect was to be so attracted to him. Now Ian needs to convince her he wants to be her plus one for life.

This was a short novella, but packed a punch. The quick wit writing and humor were the right blend, and the sudden attraction between two people who've known each other
Kathrine Berntsen
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2015
Irene
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounding it up to 5 stars
I really enjoyed Plus One.
For a novella the author Brighton Walsh does a very good job of making you connect with her characters.
The story for me was perfect.
It had everything I love in a book.
Looking forward to reading more from Brighton Walsh in the near future.
S.E.
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Again, the type of romance that I like - one that comes from a long and solid friendship. This very short book comes with no fuss, no extraneous details, no complications - at least no major ones that’s found in many chick-lit novels. A nice, feel-good story that I finished reading within a day. Exact rating : 3.5
Sunshiny Me
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. this was cute, sexy, & fun. though if i'm being totally honest, i usually like more dirrrrrty in my reads (i'm a perv, ok? OK), but that's just a personal preference. there was definitely some hotness to be had in this one though. i enjoyed it! ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Decidedly With Baby (By The Bay, #2)
  • Decidedly Off Limits (By The Bay, #1)
  • Just One of the Groomsmen (Getting Hitched in Dixie #1)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • The Prenup
  • You Can't Make Old Friends (Brighton's No.1 Private Detective #1)
  • Kings of Brighton Beach Episode #1: Part One: Gangsters with Guns
  • Remember When (Remember Trilogy, #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Hidden Pleasures
  • Bought by the Badman (Russian Bratva #10)
  • Lass
  • The Arrangement (The Russian Guns, #1)
  • Not OK, Cupid
  • The Wedding Deal
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • Nothing But Trouble (Credence, Colorado #1)
USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Brighton Walsh spent nearly a decade as a professional photographer before taking her storytelling in a different direction and reconnecting with her first love: writing. When she’s not lost in her own made up worlds, she’s probably either reading or shopping—maybe even both at once. She lives in the Midwest with her real life hero of a husband, ...more