Start by marking “Recklessly (Documentary, #3)” as Want to Read:
Recklessly (Documentary, #3)

Recklessly

(Documentary #3)

You first met singer Kai White’s best friend, Wes Elliott, in “Documentary," now get his story in "Recklessly"…

Wes Elliott just met his match…and she might actually burn his entire world down.

Surfing and sex. This is Wes Elliott's life. And it's just the way he likes it. `
After seeing his parents stay in a loveless marriage his entire life, and burying away a heartbreak fr
Published August 27th 2013 (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Recklessly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recklessly

A.J. Sand
Sep 16, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm not sure why I never wrote about this. I can talk and talk and talk, so I'll keep it short, not just..."A.J. short."

Not going to rate it.

-Wes and Lana are my fave self-created characters ever. I've always wanted to write about people who are just themselves without really giving a flying fuck who has a problem with it (my characters are always based on real people, so yes, these two are definitely based on real people personality-wise...I'll let you have fun with that one!). Also, I wanted
Vickie***
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-pov, no-strings
I'll give this book a 3.5/5

What's different about this book from the first 2 was that, there weren't a lot of drama going on. Normally I would be fine with that, but the thing is this book is soooooo loooooonnnnggggggg

I was actually wondering when it would end!!

They were so horny.
In the beginning I thought it was pretty hot, but then that was all they ever did! read, talk a little, and then sex marathon.

because of that I didn't really feel the chemistry they had together as a COUPLE. I only felt
Hannah Gregory
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wes was my favourite character in the first book and Abel was my fave in the second so I always knew that I was going to love this book and it didn't disappoint. Wes is perfect. Well in my eyes he is. It's not often you come across a book character that doesn't annoy you but Wes really didn't. I agreed with all his decisions and I wanted a happy ending for him so badly. Lana was great as well. I loved the way she was introduced and the twist with her and Brody was great. A few points in the book ...more
Keris Shay
Kai's BFF, Wes!!!!
Court
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shelley.

Court: We say a lot we have a great love for A.J. because we became friends through discussing her debut novel Documentary, but it really goes much deeper than that. She is a fantastic writer, and we are always on the edge of our seats to find out what she's working on! Recklessly does not disappoint! Wesley Elliott and his twin brother Abel are huge secondary characters in the other books...so to have an insider look into Wes's
Bianca
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*I was provided with a copy of this book for the blog tour. Thank you!*

‘Recklessly’ is the 3rd volume in A.J. Sand’s series, ‘Documentary . I need to say that I haven’t read the first two books, ‘Documentary’ and ‘Remake’. Even though, I didn’t have a problem reading the 3rd volume as a stand alone. But I plan on reading the first two books soon.

‘Recklessly’ is an amazing book. A truly amazing, absolutely lovable book. It’s that kind of book that obsesses you. All you wanna do is sit down and re
Ali
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I already miss Wes.

photo recklesslyteaser.jpg

Wesley Elliott is one sexy, hot, piece of surfing ass. Let's just be clear about that up front.

Hot body: Check
Cocky (in an absolutely adorable way): Check
Successful: Check
Loyal: Check
Dependable, Committed, Secure: Well...maybe not so much

Wes is a man whore. He knows it and he makes sure the girls he's with know it. He's responsible about it, has his 'rules'. Living the dream life of a professional surfer garners a lot of partying and women and he's enjoying every bit of it.

"
Zili
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars in my Sky!

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review!

Recklessly is the third book in A.J. Sand's Documentary series (following on from Documentary and Remake) and is told from the POV of Wesley 'Wes' Elliot. For those of you who have read Documentary, Wes is Kai's best friend. Recklessly works as a standalone novel or as part of a series.

Wes and his identical twin Abel are living the dream as pro-surfers; they get paid ridiculous amounts to travel the world and are surrounded
Kathleen
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Holy Hotness! In Recklessly, the third book in the Documentary Series, author A.J. Sand weaves an entertaining romantic story that follows hottie pro surfer Wes Elliott and biker girl Lana Langston's casual sexual relationship develop from instant sizzling attraction to one of weaving through the waves towards love.

Written in the third person narrative through the point of view of Wes, the reader follows the two free spirits' journey from a no-strings attached sexual relationship to discovering
TeriLyn
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series. I adored Wes Elliott from the first two books and reading from his POV makes me fall in love with him. He's fun, laid back, carefree; the quintessential surfer boy who's finally met his match. Lana is fun, laid back, and carefree too. They meet and fireworks explode. There's no other to describe this book than fun. Their relationship is so easy and downright fun. REFT is the acronym they give to describe it. Their tender moments are heart warming, their banter is funny ...more
Dawn
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was just as good as the two before it. Loved everything that went on. Wes is an amazing individual who surfs professionally. He's caring, fun, sporadic, emotional, loving, hot. I could go on. Then he meets Lana Langston, who seems to be like his second half. She's a spontaneous, fun, beautiful, lives day to day, not a care in the world type of girl. They hit it off the moment they meet. Things are up & down between them through the whole book. They are both afraid of commitmen ...more
Nichola
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Wesley Elliot, best mate of Kai White from Documentary. It's not a sequel, although many of the same characters are involved, and events from Documentary are referenced.

Wesley loves his sex and surfing lifestyle, but meets his match in Lana. In this book, Wes hits real life and love like a road train hits a kangaroo - it's messy and tragic.

I really enjoyed this book. Wes is a sympathetic character, and you really feel for him trying to come to terms with his feelings. I mu
Elizabeth
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series! Wes has been my favorite from the beginning so I was pumped he got his own book...and from HIS perspective! I thought this was REAL! Relationships aren't always simple fairy tales and sometimes you screw up and sometimes you have to make hard decisions. I love all of these characters and can't wait to see what comes next. I was slightly disappointed by the epilogue simply because I wanted to hear MORE from Wes!
Christine
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not what I was expecting. Through author posts I thought I was going to read about two people who would sleep with other people just to hurt the other or because they just didn't care. What I got was better. They were the classic together couple but not realizing/denying it. The epilogue wasn't what I wanted but I like my endings more tied together. But oh Wes. He was so awesome. I think I like him better then Kai. I heart Wes.
Stellame25
This is steamy book with lots of laughs, heartache and romance involving two people who just wanna have some fun. I loved how Wes and Lana came together as friends first and lovers second and then, falling in love and coming to accept it. I can't wait to read more from both this series Documentary and author AJ Sand. I'm excited for Abel's story next year....CAN'T WAIT!!!
Tanya
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was not what I originally expected and what a pleasant surprise. It was hot and heartbreaking and most of all so real. The chararacters were flawed and not ashamed to be who they were but both recognized they needed to grow. I would have liked a bit longer of an epilogue but only because I fell in love with them and never wanted to see it end.
Camille Bagley
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
read.this.series. soon!!
Lisbeth Alvarez
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this series and Wes captured my heart in Documentary. His character just captured my attention even when he was just a supporting character. A must read!
Kara
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Much better than Remake!
Deanna
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sooo good! Now All I need is book 4 Abel's story and ill be completely satisfied!
Marni
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I wish to thank the author for providing me a copy of her book for an honest review.

Surf, sex, drink and sleep. These are the 4 keywords that round out this book. Wes, his brother and his friends surf. Sex, there’s all kinds going on. Drink, so many parties. Sleep, yep, they actually do take the time to nap and get a good night’s sleep. In the midst of all of this is the love story of Wes and Lana. Agreeing on a no strings attached sexual friendship; it was bound to go further.

A.J. Sand brings t
Tana
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recklessly (Documentary #3) by A.J. Sand

Okay let’s just get one thing clear A.J. Sand is a great author and she has written a phenomenal romance novel. This was the first time I have read a book written by her so now I have to go add the other books in this series to get caught up.

This was my kind of book, hot surfer Wes Elliott and a carefree biker girl named Lana with all of their best intentions of having a casual, no strings, and sexual relationship/fling. But right from the start you see t
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say that this book is probably my favourite book ever. Straight after reading it I read it again.
Lana and Wes are the perfect couple, they have such amazing chemistry together.
Lana isnt your typical 'virginal' type...she does have some heavy emotional baggage, and because of that, she doesn't want commitment, and certainly doesnt want to settle down. It was refreshing to see such a head strong and independent character, who used men for sex as much as they used her. I loved her.
W
Beth Cutwright
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
First of all, let me emphatically state, this is definitely a book geared toward a mature audience. There is a lot of sexually explicit content and a lot of language.

The storyline was interesting. Young man is famous in his surfing career. He is a womanizer, with his own moral code. He makes sure all his women know that this is recreational sex when they involve themselves with him, So, he meets our free spirit girl, the female version of himself. They have a grand time coming together for sexu
Jaime
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2013
So this is my third book by A.J. Sand and it is the one I was most excited to read because Wes was my favorite character in the first book "Documentary". I couldn't wait to read about him and get inside his head because he is so freaking cocky and arrogant, but only in the best ways. He did not disappoint me. Some of his statements are so funny, flirty and outrageous that I couldn't help but laugh. He is now one of my favorite book boyfriends.
I really didn't love Lana, it was hard to understand
Alexis
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I feel like I can't even form the right words to describe how much I loved this book. We obviously get a glimpse at Wes in the other two books and you already know how great of a character he is but oh man, I feel like this book just completely changed my view of him. I loved so many things about this book. First, the fact that it so different from what people are going for in this genre right now. It's a love story but it has so much depth and obviously the characters have their problems but I ...more
Beverly
I Tried I read "Documentary" and "Remake". I liked A.J. Sand's work. I am so sad right now. I struggled and told myself to keep going. But the story didn't hold me hostage. It's well-written, but the characters here. I just didn't love them.

DFN @ 44

intense photo tumblr_inline_myqscyZ3Af1rkqwhl_zps3ca00cf9.gif
Amy
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! Wes and his group of friends are amazing and a blast! Lana and Wes were the same person different body parts. These two were perfect together but Lana's fears brought it all crashing down. I loved that this wasn't the typical boy meets girl, stupid misunderstanding and then hearts and flowers. This book kept me turning the pages nonstop!
Barbara Salard
Loved this book . I think its my favorite out of all three books. Wes Wes Wes. Sexy surfer Man-Whore Wes. He finally met his match with Lana. But when he fell for her I just loved him. He could really be so sweet. Loved the epilogue. Hope to read more of them in Abel's book.

• The Chaos in Me (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Grease Monkey Jive
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • A Toast to the Good Times
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Drop Everything Now (Picturing Perfect, #3)
  • Enlightened (Red Flags, #2)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Forbidden Ballad - Rock My World
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Hurt Like Hell
  • Just Watch the Fireworks
  • By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)
  • Lucky Me
  • Beyond Broken
  • In Too Deep (In Too Deep, #1)
A.J. Sand is a writer.

Email: ajajajsand@ gmail.com

Documentary (3 books)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Remake (Documentary, #2)