Start by marking “The Fragile Things” as Want to Read:
The Fragile Things

The Fragile Things

Two girls on the road to self-destruction.
A village upon the brink of collapse.
A past which refuses to die.

The beginning of an epic four-part horror serial.

At seventeen-years-old, Jennifer should have the world at her feet. Instead, she’s an ex-heroin addict living in a council estate with Tony, her boyfriend and former dealer. Shunned by her family and friends, she dreams
eBook Kindle, 105 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by Pendle

To ask other readers questions about The Fragile Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fragile Things

Start your review of The Fragile Things
Laura Thomas
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer has kicked her long time drug habit, but temptation is great as she’s living with her drug dealing boyfriend, Tony.

In desperation, she flees Tony and his druggie friends and camps out in the woods. She’s estranged from her family and has nowhere to go.

Her neighbor, Ebony, from across the street, happens upon her and they form a tentative friendship.

It’s difficult for either woman to trust anyone, or themselves, as they both have baggage.

Jennifer is fighting her soul-eating craving
Sandy
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, vampire
I didn’t read The Fragile Things part 1 so I was a bit comprehensive about reading part 2. Would I feel completely lost without knowing what happened in the previous book or is this a standalone book? Jennifer’s dream immediately grabbed me in the beginning pages so I was hoping this was a standalone book.
Grasping for air, Jennifer scrambles out of the hole she found herself in. As the snakes weave around her ankles and the smell of death fills the air, Jennifer surveys her
Christine Rains
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Two lost souls. Jennifer is a teenage former addict and Ebony is her strange new neighbor. After an argument with her boyfriend, Jennifer leaves and goes into the woods. Ebony extends a helping hand and expects nothing in return. Something Jennifer isn't used to. She might be able to change her life with the help of a good friend. But then she learns Ebony's secret and may not survive to return to any life.

I was a little lost at the beginning, but as the story unfolded, I became more intrigued
Sheri
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Fragile Things (Part 1) (V. Shaw)

Seventeen year old Jennifer is an ex-heroin addict living with her boyfriend Tony and drug dealer. She is estranged from her family, all alone with only Tony and her haunting (drug addicted) past.

Ebony is the new woman who moved in across the street, she is an odd woman, a loner with a secret of her own. She is a vampire. She somewhat befriends Jennifer and her world is about to change.

Fast paced psychological (short) vampire thriller. I really enjoyed The
Josie
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I picked up Part 1 for free as a kindle promotion and won Part 2, and to be honest I had no idea what I was getting into. These books are so, SO well written and moving and new. The characters are fantastically flawed and the juxtaposition between being a "monster" and being an addict, which has been done a million times before, feels fresh and new and is beautifully written. Truly, spectacularly beautiful. I cannot wait for parts 3 and 4.
Lucy
Jul 14, 2013
Tom
Jul 04, 2013
Cathy
rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2015
Emma
Aug 01, 2013
V. Shaw
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amelia
Vanessa Flores
Apr 18, 2013
 Reading Divergence
Apr 24, 2013
Has worked under a variety of aliases, including this one. For fun rather than necessity, but you never know.

V has two websites: