Start by marking “Off Limits (Off, #2)” as Want to Read:
Off Limits (Off, #2)

Off Limits

(Off #2)

“There is a vulnerability there, hovering just below the surface. And I want to pick at it until I expose it. Then I want to kiss it."

Two years ago, Emily Burnham had an epiphany about the shallowness of her life. And she made it her mission to become a different person…a better woman. Out from under the controlling thumb of her mother, Emily is tasting the real world for
Published April 14th 2013 by Big Dog Books

To ask other readers questions about Off Limits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Limits

Jamie
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS BOOK!!!
One Of My Favorite Books This Year!

This book was so f'king great!!! I simply couldn't put it down.. started it this morning and finished this afternoon.

Nix is a war veteran dealing with PTSD.. He's 2 years outside of service and he's come a long way.. a very long way. But he still has his demons eating him up from the inside. He's a war hero that thinks he failed. His walls are up and he won't let anybody in.. until Emily.....

Emily is Ryan's sister from Off Sides
Mo
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.
Really liked the first one so was fairly certain I was going to like this one too. Did I like it? I LOVED IT.

Nix, our tortured hero, home from the Marines, trying to live his life with guilt and regrets.

Emily, little Miss Perky, trust fund girl, trying to live her life independently, a changed person from the girl we met in the first book. And changed for the better.

They meet, he is angry, she is confused, they get together as she works for him. There is an attraction but they do not
Auntee
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone/everyone
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

I don't know why this one touched me so deeply (I had a good cry near the end) but it did. I guess it was the characters--I just fell in love with them!

This one was about former Marine Nixon "Nix" Caldwell, 26, and college student Emily Burnham, 20. Emily was in a previous book in this series (Off Sides, which I have not read--yet!) but it's not essential that you read that one first.

So, a little about Emily...she's a beautiful NYC college student (a junior, I believ
Michelle
Nov 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily has decided to turn over a new leaf after seeing the love that her brother found and just how empty her life was. When a fender bender puts her in the debt of the bruiting Nix Caldwell, former solider – she is finding that her new outlook on life has much better scenery.

Nix may have returned home from the war and back home to his family, but he really hasn’t returned as himself. Unable to cope with the guilt of what he went through, he seems to take it out on everyone around him. But once
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military, freebies
WOW what can I say about Off Limits. A great story started nice and slow before the hot stuff which I liked, loved Emily and Nix the changes they went through in their relationship. Can't wait for book 3 in this series. :-)
Melody Cox
***4.75 Stars***

This is a story of Nixon Caldwell a tortured ex-marine who lives with an unseen injury from his second tour of duty in Afghanistan. He is eaten alive by guilt and has been battling PTSD. A loner, he refuses to let anyone into his life except for his brother and father. Anger is his middle name and he treats people badly to keep them away from him.

And then there is Emily Burnham, trust fund baby and recovering spoiled rotten, opinionated, and judgmental socialite whose mother rule
Syndi
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reminds me so much/ similar to bella andre, kendall ryan books. Minimum angst, insta love and that smooth story telling. There is not much character development. Minimum conflict from outside and just focus on the main characters.

The first 50%, i almost shelfed it under DNF. But then here and there, i enjoy the push and pull, the banter between emily and nix. I feel nix character can be darker. But well... i just have to take what i have to take.

I enjoy it at the end. And gobes this
Heidi
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nix is quiet, menacing and sexy.

He's got baggage and struggling. A former member of the Marine Corps having served two tours in Afghanistan will do things to a man's mind.

Along comes Emily. Not liking the person she was, decides to make some changes in her life. She stood up to her parents and her stalker ex-boyfriend. "She's tough as nails" Beautiful, intriguing and unfortunately makes Nix feel out of control. A feeling he very definitely hates.

The chemistry between Nix and Emily begins to bu
Aly
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heroesinbooks
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Heart wrenching and addictive stars

The second in a series following Off Sides . This story is about the unlikely relationship between Emily (Ryan`s sister in the first book) and Nixon, an ex- marine who is the brother of Ryan`s hockey team mate,Linc. Emily is a reformed character,a better person and a budding journalist. Nix is dark,withdrawn and gorgeous. Can they really make something of their attraction to each other? Or is Nix past too dark? I really enjoyed this book. Recommend.
Tzelina
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 🌟 🌟🌟🌟 !! I really loved it !!
eileen
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Check out more of my reviews at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***!

Surprisingly, despite my reluctance to continue reading Off Limits after the first few chapters, it slowly began to redeem itself as the story went on and I ended up deeply enjoying it.

Off Limits is a companion novel to Off Sides, which features Emily's brother Ryan. However, you don't need to read Off Sides to enjoy Emily and Nix's story. But focusing on the book itself, the romance between Emily and Nix was fantastic and ele
Brandie
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013, arc
First I have to thank the author for the opportunity to read an ARC of this book. I loved it!

4.5 Stars

Emily Burnham is determined to make changes in her life and shed the image from her past - the rich and spoiled daughter of a politician who's controlled by her mother. She's away at college pursuing her dreams and doing things she's never done before - and loving every minute. She's such a strong character that I adored her from the beginning and admired her for the courage to start her own
Sammy ⭐️
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5

Emily Burnham decided 2 years ago that it was time to get out from under her mother's control after watching her brother Ryan Choose the love of his life Danny (from off Sides book 1)over what his mother wanted for him. Being a trust fund baby with a father thinking of running for the white house this proves difficult.

Nix is an ex-marine with bags of Guilt, regret and suffering from PTSD over a road side bombing that took his best friend legs, this courses him to be closed off and prefers to
Kizzy
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I beta read a copy of this book and it was amazing!! loved it :)Let me say that if you loved Off Sides, you will love Off Limits. Granted this is Emily's story, but we do see a little of Ryan and Danny in this one as well.

Emily is an amazing character and you see her maturity here from the last book. Not giving away spoilers, but Nix (oh my lol)..I was drawn in from the beginning and all I will say is you will not be disappointed!! Put it on your TBR list and enjoy!!

Sawyer, thanks so much again!
.Lili.
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'll keep it short and sweet. I would definitely recommend this book. I enjoyed the first book in the series- liked this one even more. The book got better as it progressed. If you're in the mood for a quick, emotional, steamy read with great characters then this one's for you! Looking forward to the next book in the series. 4 stars! :)
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
4 stars
==========
Nix takes a deep breath. "I'm not relationship material, Emily. I just don't have it in me to care about someone like that. You cannot expect anything like that from me."

Well, FUCK YOU EMILY! I don't need this shit and I don't need you. Now GET OUT and don't ever contact me again!"
Dina
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF..

It just didn't grab my attention.. I might re-visit later, though..

But for now..

description

Sorry *blushing*
Michelle Finkle
3.5 Stars!
TJ
3.5/5.0
I liked this one, just didn't love it. Mainly because of the "only sex" plot device. The minute it is employed in a romance novel, the entire plot is set and known. Emotions always get involved, people are always hurt, figure it out and happy ending. That isn't even a spoiler because there isn't any other way it can go and still be a romance.

I did love the character of Emily (in spite of the above annoyance.) I had a harder time with Nix but tried to understand his personality. The milita
Coco.V
Mar 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/2/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Two years ago, Emily Burnham, had an epiphany about the shallowness of her life. And she made it her mission to become a different person…a better woman. Out from under the controlling thumb of her mother, Emily is tasting the real world for the first time. And she likes it.

Nixon Caldwell has served his time in the Marine
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-read-list, arc-s
*Copy Received from Author for Review*
Let’s just say when I read Off Sides a few months ago it was an Amazon Freebie that I was thoroughly impressed by. I loved it. Off Limits was just as wonderful if not better. And to ward off any confusion, this book takes place a few years after the end of Off Sides and features Ryan’s sister Emily. (Don’t worry Danny and Ryan still make a few appearances.) Though, the covers may be similar this book has barely anything to do with hockey and is vastly diffe
Big Joe  Rossi
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly loved Off Limits by Sawyer Bennett. The story centers around Emily Burnham and Nixon Caldwell.

When Emily literally and figuratively runs into Nix she becomes his 'indentured servant'. She is trying to be a better her after seeing her shallow past for it was. He is a war hero still facing the demons brought home from the Middle East.

They both fight the attraction for different reasons and when they finally get out of their own ways outside forces come into play that threaten everything. He
Kristiej
Jun 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am so taken with this author and her books. One of the recent ones I read I only graded a 2 as I didn’t like the heroine one little bit, but over all I’m most impressed and quite happy to have found Sawyer Bennett.

I seem to be reading this series backwards so for anyone wondering if the series needs to be read in order, no it doesn’t.
This is the story of Nixon or Nix Caldwell and Emily Burnham. Emily is a trust fund child. She comes from wealth and privilege. Several years before the story sta
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
I have no idea what it would be like to go to war and come home with that burden, now add a brain injury on top of it and what does it give you but a very broken soul. With Nix immediatley you want to help him overcome his demons so he can see the light in his world of dark.

It's not till Emily who comes from a world of privilege but is trying to break free from those constraints when she finally gets a glimpse of hope, freedom and true love from her soon to be sister in law Danny.

But together on
Charlac
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-nook-books
NIX
 photo 160887a35b4fdea554b7c72c1600664b_zps102a4cd8.jpg
EMILY
 photo 81b1e3b663885cbe9dc830c0e1ca581d_zps9ed4eac1.jpg
Emily is a trust fund baby who has been told what to do,how to act and what to think her whole life. She has finally had enough and has started doing things her way. She meets Nix and the sparks fly.  photo hot_zps77a74806.gif Nix is suffering from PTSD and has issues with rage, he normally is a total ass to everyone and is very antisocial. When he around Emily he is constantly playing tug of war with his emotions.
NIX "When she walks in,it's like a punch in my gut. I don't know how it's possible, but she become
Wendy
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is #2 series from the Sawyer Bennett Off Series. I actually like this better than the first one Off Sides and really had high expectations since I heard so much about these characters from AM Hardgrove’s reviews. Vix and Emily are great... I like Vix and the author does a good job developing the characters. This is 4 Stars... couple of things that bothered me about this book. I just didn’t see the strong connection development between these two (in such a short time) to warrant for him gett ...more
Sunny
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sawyer Bennett must be a nice person. I say that because it comes out clearly in the genuine kindness of her characters. Characters like Danny Cross (Off Sides) and Emily Burnham speak from a place deep in the heart. I think that is why I keep getting drawn into her books.

In this story, the sweetness of Emily is juxtaposed against the harshness of Nixon. Dear Nixon, who is healing from a traumatic brain injury, is a loner. In an attempt to keep his emotions under tight wraps, he isolates himsel
Logan
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's better than chocolate, red wine, sunshine, dare I say it, sunshine. This is my new all time favorite book! I don't throw out compliments about books easily and am usually disappointed because books don't live up to my standards. I have read over 100 books in the last year and never has one captured my attention and my heart in such a powerful way. I read almost the entire book in one day and I am holding back tears because it's over so I can't read more tomorrow. I love Sawyer Bennett and c ...more

• Let It Go
  • Fight or Flight (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Falling for a Bentley
  • Hate Me
  • Reservation (Preservation, #2)
  • Reckless Abandon (November Blue, #2)
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
  • Jake (California Dreamy, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Frayed (Torn, #2)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Glass Hearts
  • Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • Breathe for Me (Be for Me, #1)
  • Emerald (Steele Investigations, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)
  • Drawing the Line (The Line, #2)
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult

Off (5 books)
  • Off Sides (Off, #1)
  • Off the Record (Off, #3)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Off Chance (Off, #5)
“He smirks at me and it makes me want to slap his face. No, kiss his face. Wait...definately slap his face.” 26 likes
“I have never felt so lost as I have these past two weeks. I can't believe I never even recognized the depth of feeling I had for you...until I lost it. I'm so sorry I did that to you, Emily. I promise I will hold your heart with the greatest of care if you'll trust it to me."

I finally get it. I get how love can run so deep that it touches the very fiber of your being.”
14 likes