Start by marking “White Knight and Black Fur (Unmated at Midnight #3)” as Want to Read:
White Knight and Black Fur (Unmated at Midnight #3)

White Knight and Black Fur (Unmated at Midnight #3)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  390 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters, public exhibition, HEA]

When his cousin is forced to mate by UPAC, Aldis uses the excuse of bringing Dor’s stuff to his new home to check and make sure everything is really okay. What he didn’t prepare for is the sexiest man he’s ever seen to open the door… And proposition him.

Gawain can’t b
Published March 21st 2013 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc. (first published April 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about White Knight and Black Fur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Knight and Black Fur

Phaney
Apr 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
I picked this up since I noticed it was a follow-up to another book I’d recently read. And because these are all no-brain reads I figured it might be the thing to do while waiting for my head to clear from the illness.

Should have known I’d regret it.

Hm, a whiny, unfair protagonist who’s liable to jumping to conclusions and pushing all blame on others? Check.
Mind you, Gawain does not get away any better. He’s just as much of an idiot and drama queen (complete with theatrical, flouncy exits).

It’s
 ~♥ Elle ♥~
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Fifty percent of the story was spent with the couple having a misunderstanding due to miscommunication. I was about to give up because I was bored but I'm glad I didn't because it got exciting near the end. There was also a little info about Gawain's backstory before closing. Overall, it was a so-so read. Nothing really earth-moving here, but it was an enjoyable story nonetheless.
Serena Yates
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
In line with the first McMurray Book, this second volume adds another unusual pairing to the list: a rhinoceros shifter, Gawain, and a skunk shifter, Aldis. In fact, we met Gawain in the last book, and Aldis is Dor's cousin. These two both have massive issues, so there are some real misunderstandings, fighting fireworks, and very hot make-up sex here.

Gawain is possessive, aggressive (sometimes without cause) and wants Aldis as a mate from the first time he sees him. Social graces not being his s
Hc Lynn
Starting off with 'cold' unemotional sex kind of threw me in that temperament for the rest of the book. I liked all the characters but it was hard to connect with them together. Once they finally started working past issues, it was hard to throw off the beginning and really enjoy it.
Booklover95
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A few twist I wasn't expecting. Looking forward to the next story involving these friends
Lizzie
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Initially I really liked this one. I mean the the sex-fest that happened within the first few pages was a bit much, especially when you combine it with the cheesy pick-up lines but after that it seemed to settle into a fairly decent story. Occasionally I found some of the longer sets of dialogues tended to ramble a bit, but they weren't too bad. The characters seemed to tear up or cry at appropriate moments for a change. I believe, and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I only counted two of th ...more
Becky Condit
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Gawain’s cheesy lines did not work for me at all. With the storyline being as strong as it was, this was unnecessary and actually took away from the story a bit. Gawain was coming on to Aldis way too strong. You weren’t sure if he was coming on to him, or prepping him to be stalked. The sex was gratuitous as always, but more so in this story. These characters were shagging each other less than twenty pages in. The whole bed hopping before the second chapter was a bit of a turn off. It left you w ...more
Angela
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifters
Okay, I wrote a really long review, but I think goodreads ate it.

I was really looking forward to this book based on the other one, but I was letdown. This book was mainly sex for 85% of it. Yes, it's erotic romance, but the whole story shouldn't be shoved into the last 15% of the book. I'm also a little annoyed with the new obsession by this writer to describe chunky characters insultingly. 'I love your jiggly bubble butt.'

Pros-
Likable charters.
Good story when you get past the front load of sex.
Toyin O.
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was one of Ms. Flynn's best books. The characters were very solid and the plot was well developed. I enjoy the first person narrative because it allows you to get into the personality of the character and not have a blanket overview. Gawain is my favorite because in the moment of the misunderstanding he refuses to take all the blame. This is a definite must read and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.
Maya
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 picks up at the end.
Candice
COMMUNICATION!!!!!!!!! It works wonders.
Ericka Walden
Apr 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Hmmmmmm
Michelle
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it
The ending should have brought it up to a 4 star, but it was hard to get past the boring, unrealistic beginning (and poor punctuation).
Sanet
not really sure how to rate this one, apart from saying it was okay - it was riddles with over worked drama, more like a cheap reality show that anything
Kaylein
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-love, series
Interesting secrets, really kept me guessing til the end.
Julie scott
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
White Knight and Black Fur [Unmated at Midnight]

Another great book from this Author I can't wait to read the next one right after I finish this review.......
Saunne
Kau
May 05, 2013
Daniela Peters
Jul 02, 2016
  • Hot and Cold (Midnight Matings #17)
  • A Man's Worth (Brac Pack #31)
  • Harley's Heart (Special Operations, #4)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)

Unmated at Midnight (8 books)
  • Two Wiggles and Some Fur (Unmated at Midnight #1)
  • Whiskers, Mane, and a Biter (Unmated at Midnight #2)
  • Rumble and Churr (Unmated at Midnight #4)
  • Elder and the Youngest (Unmated at Midnight #5)
  • Officer and a Gardener (Unmated at Midnight #6)
  • Leader and the Writer (Unmated at Midnight #7)
  • Fangs and a Wet Nose (Unmated at Midnight #8)