Start by marking “Doggone Dead (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #3)” as Want to Read:
Doggone Dead (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #3)

Doggone Dead

(Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou Mystery #3)

Give me land lots of land....and a puppy on the loose. When Betsy Livingston's puppy runs away, she has no idea it will lead her to a murder on a movie cowboy star's estate. Not only has there been a murder, but the town reports sightings of the dead cowboy himself. He's out to seek revenge on all who wronged his daughter who became the victim of her own money-loving butle ...more
Published February 2013 by Tightwad Tess Press

To ask other readers questions about Doggone Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doggone Dead

TAMMY CUEVAS
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Betsy finally gave in and allowed her son Zach to have a dog, but when the dog runs away, he leads Betsy to yet another dead body. With the town blaming a ghost for the murder and her father being accused of planting evidence, she has another mystery to solve.

Welcome back to Pecan Bayou, one of my favorite fictional towns. One of the great things about being a book blogger is finding new favorite authors, and that is exactly what happened last year when I first reviewed her earlier works, A Dash
A
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love reading mysteries where they provide recipes and/or tips. This mystery has the usual suspects in the death of a blackmailer, add in a legendary ghost who may or may not be trying to kill Betsy, and a surprise ending.
Krystyna
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
puppies and cowboys

Puppies and murder don't mix. This Betsy finds out the hard way. If you enjoyed the previous 2 books you're in for a treat. If you haven't but enjoy a cozy mystery with a real family story then give this a read.
Sandie
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Literature with dogs as supporting characters is as old and new as literature itself, so it’s no wonder that this Teresa Trent mystery featuring single mother Betsy Livingston begins with the search for Butch her son’s lost/kidnapped puppy whose blood covered paws lead to the discovery of a dead body. DOGGONE DEAD is the third book in this series set in the small Texas town of Pecan Bayou. The townsfolk include an unusual array characters ranging from the proprietors of the local watermelon farm ...more
Trudy E
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Betsy is a columnist/blogger with the local paper of her small town. Being a single mother and the daughter of a law enforcement officer, she finds herself right in the thick of things when she discovers a body. Whether an apparition or a real person, someone is out to stop her from finding out
what happened. My first by this author, I wish I had not started with the third book. Perhaps I would have seen the characters more developed if I'd started at the beginning. I also found myself looking fo
Kassandra Lamb
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! One of the best parts of my recent vacation was finally having time to curl up with another of Teresa Trent's fun reads. The town of Pecan Bayou and the folks who populate it are so real, and the latter are very likeable. This story has lots of twists and turns to keep the reader engaged. I think it's my favorite in the series, so far. I definitely plan to keep reading!
Rebecca
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-free
Correct rating 3.5 stars. Pretty good cozy. Would like to see more of the series. Some typo and misplaced quote issues, but nothing series. Liked emphasis on rescue dog, but characters made it sound like chips are tracking devices (they aren't. they're just a form of ID that can't be lost).
B.E.
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. Fun characters. A neat mystery where I didn't catch whodunit until the murderer was revealed. Plus, an adorable puppy! (Can't go wrong with puppies.) All in all well worth the read. =o)
Norma Huss
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Great mystery. It has it all - dogs, kids, ghosts, romance, and a bit of misdirected e-mail that could have been disasterous. Even the title of the series - Pecan Bayou hints of mystery and fun. Excellent choice for a good read.
Theresa Sivelle
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
What a cute, fun, easy read. I will definitely keep these in mind the next time I'm looking for a fun quick read.
Fairlee Corkran
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this more than I thought I would. Another series to my list
Terri
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!

Character Betsy is quirky, funny and intelligent. Oh the trouble she gets herself into! Engaging and fast read! Highly recommend this series.
Skeeter Jorgensen
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great short story, I loved the characters, give it a 4 star rating.
Glenda
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#3 in the Pecan Bayou cozy mystery series. I like this series. It is set in Texas. My favorite state!
Jeanie Jackson
Jan 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy
Another pleasant cozy. I like the characters and the story has a bit more development in the plot. Typical cozy but I enjoyed it enough to read others.
Jill
Mar 10, 2013
Tammy Kenney
Apr 22, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Teresa Trent writes hilarious cozy mysteries that take place in the small towns of Texas. She was first inspired to create Pecan Bayou after visiting the Texas Hill Country to view the millions of springtime flowers alongside the roads and highways.
Teresa also writes the Piney Woods Series with Camel Press and debuted the first book in the series January 2018.
Teresa also features other cozy auth

Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou Mystery (7 books)
  • A Dash of Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #1)
  • Overdue for Murder (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #2)
  • Buzzkill (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #4)
  • Burnout (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #5)
  • Murder for a Rainy Day (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #6)
  • Till Dirt Do Us Part (Pecan Bayou Book 7)