Start by marking “The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day” as Want to Read:
The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day

The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day

A collection of delicious, healthy, vegetarian family recipes from the Green Kitchen Stories blog. David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl Andersen are the new faces of exciting vegetarian food. Their Green Kitchen Stories blog has a cult following and inspires people around the world to cook super-tasty, healthy vegetarian recipes using only natural ingredients. In The Green Kit ...more
Published April 1st 2013 by Hardie Grant Books

To ask other readers questions about The Green Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Green Kitchen

Belinda
May 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking, irritating
This book is based on a blog, thegreenkitchenstories. This blog won the 2013 Best Special Diet Saveur award, so it is clearly popular. If you like it, you'll probably like this book. However, before borrowing this book I hadn't read their blog and this type of cooking is just Not. For. Me.

For starters, the list of pantry essentials is *seven pages long* and includes annoying categories like 'superfoods' and 'fermented essentials'. If you're going to have a category for nuts and seeds, put *all*
Zanna
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
The collaboration of a former junk-food loving vegetarian and an omnivore health-foodist results, happily, in a vegetarian cookbook with a nutrition focus. As well as some lovely original combinations (I love their take on chorizo), there are some great ideas for making lighter versions of classics like 'beanotto' instead of risotto and wrapping falafel in cabbage leaves instead of bread (and baking instead of frying). The store cupboard section will be helpful for folks looking to get into a wi ...more
Zuzana
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love David & Luisa's blog, app & both books! I've been following them ever since I've decided to treat my body to some healthy food and implements some important changes in my life! Although I try to be 70% of the time vegan, I do love eggs & cheese from time to time. And THE GREEN KITCHEN STORIES & their app, books and blog is my place to go. Packed with healthy, nutritious and absolutely delicious, you can help but fall with vegetables all over again and again. Every recipe i ...more
Murray Tyler
Aug 22, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ignoring the hippy overtones and parenting advice, few things in a cookbook annoy me more than pictures accompanying recipes that are not actually cooked.
This book has them in spades - the rhubarb, apple and yellow split pea stew a case in point. The pictured dish has obviously never experienced the heat of a flame - when cooked according to instructions the resultant meal looks brown and unappetising.
Soumaya
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Totally what I needed, for more creative dishes! I liked the basic methods also (ghee, nut milk, nut butter, tomato sauce and more..)
Charity
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
A lot of recipes with difficult ingredients
Zwart Raafje
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kookboeken
Ik moet om te beginnen eerlijk toegeven dat ik geen vegetariër ben. Gezonde recepten en variatie zijn voor mij echter wel belangrijke factoren bij het kiezen van een kookboek. Eigenlijk tracht ik zoveel mogelijk te koken volgens het principe 'TE is nooit goed'. Afwisseling moet er zijn, zeker wanneer je elke dag van de week een maaltijd op tafel tracht te toveren. Daardoor kook ik dus ook af en toe een vegetarisch gerecht en daar vind je er in dit boek een hele hoop van.

Mijn persoonlijke voorkeu
Sharon
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
The content of this cookbook and its lovely matte photographs was impressive, but I certainly found these vegetarian recipes to be outside of my comfort zone from preparation to ingredients ... if you want to change things up a bit to be a little more kitchen adventurous, this cookbook might be just right for you.
Leonie
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it
This book has a beautifully fresh and original approach to vegetarian cooking. I particularly like the recipes that reflect the authors' Scandinavian heritage. Can't wait to try the rye and spelt crispbread!
Pauline
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One wonderful and beautiful cookbook about whole foods. I have a plant based diet and these two taught me so much. Little stories and amazing food photography and creative food creation make this book perfect and easy to understand.
Mary
Oct 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
recipes just aren't the the ones we make. Lots of tofu, almond milk, sugar substitutes, seeds, grains and nuts
Charlotte
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: food
a beautifully presented book, great healthy ideas for all the family. I really enjoyed each section and the use of their heritage in their cooking.
Nadia
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic cookbook by David and Luise with stunning photographs and delicious vegetarian recipes!
Krista
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ruoka-reseptit, 2016
Tosi kiva ruokakirja, ei edes huomaa, että se on vain kasviksista. Mukana myös aamupaloja ja piknikeväitä. Raikas ulkoasu ja houkuttelevat reseptit, pitänee hankkia itselleenkin.
Meg Dean
Feb 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cooking-food
I did not bookmark a single recipe (a first for me)...I'm all for "hippie food" but this was a bit out there even for me. Beautiful pictures though.
Mary Karpel-Jergic
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: food, recipies
Not really for me - not tempted by anything except... the cauliflower pizza base, Gave it the extra star and it remains on my book shelf!
Maggie
Charley
Jan 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • My New Roots: Inspired Plant-Based Recipes for Every Season
  • River Cottage Veg Every Day!
  • The French Market Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen
  • A Change of Appetite: Where Delicious Meets Healthy
  • At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen: Celebrating the Art of Eating Well
  • The Art of Eating Well
  • Rawsome Vegan Baking: An Un-cookbook for Raw, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Beautiful and Sinfully Sweet Cookies, Cakes, Bars & Cupcakes
  • Vedge: 100 Plates Large and Small That Redefine Vegetable Cooking
  • The Vibrant Table: Recipes from My Always Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, and Sometimes Raw Kitchen
  • A Modern Way to Eat: Over 200 Satisfying, Everyday Vegetarian Recipes (That Will Make You Feel Amazing)
  • Flour, Too: Indispensable Recipes for the Cafe's Most Loved Sweets & Savories
  • Eat Your Vegetables: Bold Recipes for the Single Cook
  • The Sprouted Kitchen Bowl and Spoon: Simple and Inspired Whole Foods Recipes to Savor and Share
  • Pure Vegan: 70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living
  • Salad Samurai: 100 Cutting-Edge, Ultra-Hearty, Easy-to-Make Salads You Don't Have to Be Vegan to Love
  • The Complete Middle East Cookbook
  • Mediterranean Harvest: Vegetarian Recipes from the World's Healthiest Cuisine
  • The Great Vegan Bean Book
Food writer and co-founder of healthy vegetarian recipes website Green Kitchen Stories.