Start by marking “The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)” as Want to Read:

The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels #3)

A new prophecy leads to a dangerous quest.
When Percy receives an urgent distress call from Grover, he immediately prepares for battle. He knows he'll need his powerful demigod allies, Annabeth and Thalia, at his side; his trusty bronze sword, Riptide; and a ride from his mom.
The demigods race to the rescue, only to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two ne
Published October 8th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion

Stepheny

Let's talk about artwork, shall we?!

Spoiler Alert!

Thalia is back. The only problem is- she looks like a bro, brah. Now, this is not to say that if she wants to look like a boy that I am opposed to it. By all means, look like a bro, brah. That's not my issue. MY issue is that Percy, Thalia, Nico and sometimes even Grover ALL look like Thalia. There is almost no discernible trait that makes it possible for you to tell them apart.

In fact in one sequence, Thalia, Nico and Percy are all wearing gre
may ➹
these are definitely getting better in quality but -1 star for not including the dam scene
isabelle
Come on.

description

Did someone rip out pages of my copy? Where is the Dam Scene? Why does Apollo look like a 70 year old man? Who is that tall, dark-haired boy in the beginning AND on the cover? Oh, it's Thalia?

All these questions and more coming to aggravating graphic novels near you.
milou  ☁️
↠ 2,5 stars

i don't like these comics at all. all of the characters look so strange and not how they're supposed to look. especially apollo in this one gave me the creeps
Devann
Once again this was a pretty fun way to spend a half an hour but I wouldn't recommend reading it before you read the book because it definitely runs through everything pretty quickly. Also I love Thalia and Nico :)))
Bri
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
I love these graphic novels! They're so fun to read along with the books, and I highly recommend doing so.
Tabea Vanessa
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
While I still liked it and it was a lot of fun, this had intense issues of plot being left out of the last two Novels and just expecting you read the books. It’s basically the Harry Potter Movies where you are expected to fill in the holes yourself and that’s just lazy...
I wasn't a huge of this.. I did not like the way the characters looked, and so many parts were taken out. This is the last Graphic Novel that was released, i'm sad I wish there was more. This was definitely my least favourite of the three.
Tangled N Books
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read by Shon

A quick refresher to remind me what happened. It's been maybe 5 years since I read this book. One of my bookish goal for this year is to finish the Percy Jackson series.
Ashley
I love the cover art! I think I'd love anything that shows Percy looking all impressive and powerful--the true son of a sea god--but this image really stands out to me. You've got the faces of the Big Three, with Poseidon front and centre above his son. Thalia is on his left, holding Aegis, her terrifying shield and summoning lightning in her "daughter of Zeus" move, with Zeus' face above her. On his right is Hades above poor little Nico Di Angelo (someone who I'm really starting to feel sorry f ...more
Elevetha
I know I should just give up on reading these but... they're so short, I can't help it. Plus, it was literally laying around in my house and within reach of me on the couch.

So I think that maybe the art, overall, is marginally better in this one than The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel or The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel, but still pretty atrocious. This time around it was horrible because the faces were so inconsistent. At one point, Percy looks like a 30-year old man. And Thalia was a
David Caldwell
This is a graphic novel adaptation of the third book In the Percy Jackson series.

When Annabeth disappears on a mission to bring 2 newly discovered Half-bloods to safety, it sets off a chain of events that will lead Percy and company on a cross-country quest. There will be tons of adventure as they face numerous foes and traps along the way.

While I thoroughly enjoyed this adaptation, I think it would be confusing at times to anyone who is not familiar with the novel already. Some of this is due
Lena Morrison
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
It was pretty good. This is my favorite of the books, so I guess I was expecting better.

I have the usual complaints: Lots of events are left out. Everyone looks older, and Thalia looks like a man.

But it was fun to read.
Arta Sallabegolli
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
The characters look so old in these graphic novel. Percy looks like an adult!
Elin (Tickmicks bokblogg)
4,5 stars. it might me a little confusing if you didn't read the book in the original format first.
Arin ⭐
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-star-reads
I just have one question, why does Percy have brown eyes? Last I checked, they were sea green.
Emily Traasdahl
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thalia makes me so so so angry! She just annoys me so much for some reason.
Andrea
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
For the last week or so I have been powering through this series. Or at least the ones that are out right now. I'm officially hooked- and while I've read almost all of Riordan's novels I will read continue to read these- every last one. I know they are children's books but I just can't get enough. I am even staring at my new copy of the Norse god series as I write this. I am itching to get started on this one too.

I've noticed that there are some small differences from the original series. Howeve
Siliang Lei
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I would give the book, “Titan’s Curse,” 5 out of 5 stars. The book was already compacted with action in the beginning where Percy, the protagonist fought with Mr. Thorn. Mr. Thorn managed to capture Annabeth, who was Percy’s friend, and escape. He was very sad and angry when Annabeth got captured. Right there, the reader gets the feeling of curiosity. The reader immediately tries to guess what would happens to Annabeth. This curiosity in readers makes the reader want to reach the end of the book ...more
Dolly
This is the third book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians graphic novel series. We have been overdosing a bit on Percy Jackson, ever since the book club our girls belong to selected the first book in the series, The Lightning Thief, for their January 2014 selection.

Our girls are totally engrossed in Percy's adventures and are anxiously awaiting the last book in the next series to be published. Our youngest especially, has read these books with a fervor I haven't seen since she got into her
Mikella
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
this book is actually a very quick read, but i didn't really enjoy it as much as the actual books
there was a lot that was left out such as "the dam snack bar" joke which I found actually very sad.
the drawing style was an acquired taste, due to the fact that the characters do not look the best (older) but the book does helps when it comes to visualizing things if need be. there are also many scenes that have been taken out of this book for example the novel starts with them already as Westover.
Sheila Beaumont
I enjoyed this third installment of the graphic adaptation of the Percy Jackson series. The story was well told. I did have a problem with the artwork in this one and wondered if perhaps it was done in too much haste. I often had difficulty in telling the characters apart. For example, there are three characters with short, dark hair, Percy, Thalia, and Nico. And they were often wearing similar clothes. In one scene I thought I was looking at Percy, and it turned out to be Thalia. Also, sometime ...more
Melissa
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars

It's a nice graphic novel, but the characters don't really look like how I imagined it... Oh well, it was still pretty good, but of course the book is better with all the details. This GN is a nice way to freshen up your memory after a long time not reading the actual books ;)

PS: This review counts also for Sea of Monsters & The Titan's Curse. I read them all on the same day and I don't think it gets better or worse with each GN. It just stays on the same lever. Jus
Valerie
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015
*4.5

There were parts of this graphic novel that didn't exactly flow well, but I still loved it! Also, for some reason, it reminded me of some scenes that the first graphic novel missed, and there was NO DAM SCENE :( But like I said, I still loved this, and I really hope that the Battle of the Labryinth graphic novel gets released!
A
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I didn't like it all that much. There were some scenes missing--one of them my favorite, which would be the scene where they meet Annabeth's father--and it felt kind of rushed for me. The graphics aren't...all that good actually. I didn't enjoy this as much as I should, but I still liked it...I suppose.
Melanie
I'm pissed. I really am.

What the freak?? Where is the funny dam moment? Why does Apollo says "I am so awesome" instead of "I am so cool"? Where is the percabeth-holding-the-sky moment? Where is it? Where are all these things which contributed to the marvellousness of the book??

Seriously. It's as if the horrible movie wasn't enough. Meh.
Cal (Constant Raving Reviews)
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scanned
Even more gorgeous than the last!

My favourite thing in this was seeing little Nico. He was adorable.

Beautiful pictures, really. I recommend this to anybody who wants to see these guys in their full glory. It'll be a quick read and definitely is worth your time.

Lisa
Mar 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
I don't like graphic novels. That being said, I hated this book. I know hate is a strong words but I honestly never want to read this again. I may read one more graphic novel about a story I will not reveal. But this story, though I liked the movies, was horrific. Thats all I have to say.
in3s
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I felt like some important scenes where left out, and that the character drawing in general was off. Nevertheless, I very much enjoyed it! Fun, quick read.
Mary
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the real book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 3 13 Aug 01, 2018 02:28AM
Support for the remaining Percy Jackson movies 1 3 Oct 25, 2013 12:52PM

• Other Worlds
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory (Olympians, #3)
  • The Opal Deception: The Graphic Novel (Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • Supergirl, Vol. 6: Crucible
  • Grace Randolph's Supurbia Vol. 1
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Maia and Icarus
  • The Hidden Doors (Explorer, #3)
  • Travels of Thelonious (The Fog Mound #1)
  • The Complete Alice In Wonderland
  • Simon's Cat: Feed Me! (Simon's Cat, #3.5)
  • Percy Jackson & the Olympians:  The Ultimate Guide
  • Laddertop, Books 1 - 2
  • Shadow Kiss: A Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • The Kane Chronicles Survival Guide
  • Read Responsibly (Unshelved, #5)
  • Be Glad Your Nose Is on Your Face: And Other Poems: Some of the Best of Jack Prelutsky
Robert Venditti is a New York Times best-selling author whose characters and concepts have been adapted to film and television. He has written the monthly comic book series X-O Manowar and Wrath of the Eternal Warrior for Valiant Entertainment, Green Lantern and the The Flash for DC Comics, and the children’s novel series Miles Taylor and the Golden Cape for Simon & Schuster. He currently writ ...more

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Last Olympian: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson Book 5)