Start by marking “Nicaragua & El Salvador” as Want to Read:
Nicaragua & El Salvador

Nicaragua & El Salvador (Lonely Planet Country Guide)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews

Forged by the spirit of poetry and revolution, Nicaragua and El Salvador are Central America s hot up-and-comers, offering volcano treks, rip-roaring surf spots and tons of seldom-visited cultural and ecological treasures. Now, years after the guns were silenced, both countries are opening their doors to the world. And packed with expert advice, this comprehensive guide is

Published October 1st 2006 by Lonely Planet Publications

To ask other readers questions about Nicaragua & El Salvador, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nicaragua & El Salvador

Michele
May 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I have read and used this book to go all over El Salvador. I have family members who live in Antigo Cuscatlan (outside of San Salvador) who have never even heard of some of the museums let alone have been there. But then again you are never a tourist in your own city. What's great about this guide book is that these places aren't touristy. They are hidden gems... I won't say anything else because I don't want anyone else to know. :) Let's just say that when the new edition comes out, this editio ...more
Sean
May 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: travel, 2009
Possibly going to Nicaragua in January. LP's title seems to be pretty in-depth in regards to a country that is not covered extensively in the travel guide industry (that goes for El Salvador too). Though I did find it interesting that the guide covers two countries that are not linked by borders - even though they are near each other - you'd have to go through Honduras to go from one country to the other.
Ruhi
Jan 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
I completed the Nicaragua portion of the book, as I recently had the opportunity to visit there.
The minimum history and background contained in the book, sparked even more interest and excitement in visiting this country combined with my love for traveling. The book does need a little updating with facts and a small change in prices, but overall I think it was a great help to me.
Lauren
Jul 02, 2007 rated it really liked it
Pretty good book for travelers, however sometimes town names and places were misspelled which made it hard to figure out where they were talking about. El Salvador is changing fast though so some things were already out of date (in a good way - like there not being ATMs in Suchitoto! Theres one now ;)
Catherine Woodman
This is the edition that Jake took to Nicaragua with him--set up with maps in the back, very typical of the lonely planet books.
Janet
Jun 16, 2007 rated it liked it
woo! el salvador! hoo!

flights are only $300-$500 to san salvador from miami! see you there!
Marcus Laws
Aug 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Not the most up-to-date travel book, but it gives decent history, background and general suggestions for getting around El Salvador
Anyy
Shannon
Aug 10, 2012
Grace
Jun 23, 2009

Lonely Planet Country Guide (1 - 10 of 263 books)
  • Afghanistan
  • Algeria (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Argentina (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • Argentina y Uruguay
  • Australia
  • Australia
  • Lonely Planet Australia
  • Australie (Lonely Planet)
  • Austria (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Austria