Start by marking “Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence” as Want to Read:
Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence

Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence

THE ULTIMATE QUEST TO EXPERIENCE HIS PRESENCE
We all want to be a part of something that is greater than ourselves, to knowthat God loves us and has a plan for our lives. What better way to find outthan to stand daily in His presence and ask?

In this expanded edition of Face to Face With God Bill Johnson offersquestions for reflection and prayers at the end of each chapter.
Published August 21st 2007 by Charisma House

To ask other readers questions about Face to Face with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face to Face with God

Start your review of Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence
Dawn Weaver
Aug 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Face to Face with Bill Johnson

When I first picked up his book a couple years ago I knew nothing of Bill Johnson. I intended to preview Face to Face with God for our church library. The cover is beautiful. The tagline enticing: “The ultimate quest to experience His Presence”. Ever on the lookout for books that encourage the believer to grow in his knowledge of God, this one seemed promising.

Then I read the first chapter. In it Johnson defends his personal quest for ‘deep encounters with God’. He
Keith
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bill Johnson has for many years been moving n the power of the Holy Spirit and teaching others to do the same. I love his style both in writing and speaking because he has a rare talent for making the spiritual seem practical.

In this book he talks about meeting God face to face which should be the normal experience for christians. He tackles subjects such as growing in favour with the Lord, seeking His presence and receiving joy.

One stand out quote in the book is this: “In the Old Testament if y
V. Z.
May 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
If you are a hyper-charismatic Christian and believe in this nonsense, you will love this book.

If you are a mainstream Christian, this book may offend you and is full of claims that are inconsistent with the bible and Christian doctrine.

From the point of view of a skeptic, this book is full of magical mumbo-jumbo in the name of Yahweh and has no place on any bookshelf. It is a time waster and full of nonsense deepities. Your time will be well spent elsewhere.
Paul Cramer
Apr 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Nothing beats the face of God, His hand is great, cause it displays His power and strength. But His face shines His amazing love over and through us.
Ryan
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good book. Created a hunger for God. I didn't agree with all of the book, but loved the passion it created in my heart to experience God in a real and meaningful way.
John Fletcher
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book about deepening your intimacy and walk with the Lord.
Jessica
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So good and confirmed what I've been learning!
Gary
Aug 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have watched several videos from Bethel to include Bill Johnson, Kris Valloton, and Heidi Baker. So I was already aware of their views on miracles, Jesus, the kingdom, and those of us who hold to sound doctrine. I underlined something on most pages and made comments. Rather than go through each one, let me cite what I believe to be major errors in Bill's theology. He believes that Jesus was merely a human relying on the Holy Spirit during his three years of ministry. Though he acknowledges tha ...more
Debby
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I have sought God throughout my life, I found myself questioning why, oh why, were we not encountering God in the ways HE said we should as a mark of the Believer. Sitting in a church pew, being on committees, volunteering, etc...and yet not seeing the miraculous that we should be seeing if Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. (Hebrews 13:8). I have been seeking out where God is moving and Bethel is one of those places. Bill Johnson not only seeks His face, but invites you t ...more
Todd
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great book by Pastor Bill. I love reading his books because you see his love for the Lord and his love for people. He wants his readers to see and experience “God’s love for people (us) is beyond comprehension and imagination”. Pastor Bill, also, touches on some of the “controversial” issues/theological beliefs of the Charismatic Movement that may cause some confusion. He did a wonderful job in explaining and working through those issues. This book was an excellent companion to my mornin ...more
Mary L. Pickens
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A life changing book.

To truly understand what has been given to us through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and to really see and know the presence of God in worship will never leave us untouched. I was taken to new and greater places in the Holy Spirit while reading this.
Koro
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

I’ve been listening to Bill Johnson’s teachings for almost a year now and his words in this book are just as clear as his preachings. The prayers at the end of each chapter are so powerful & he took me deep into the Bible, further than I’ve gone before. I highly recommend this book if you want to learn more about what it means to host the presence of God, what it means to submit and how you can bring the presence of God into every situation in your life.
B Swann
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanted more!

This book stirred and provoked deep within. Bill Johnson's books always do. I savored it - just one chapter a night before bed. I didn't want it to end.

Had a powerful encounter while reading this - fire baptusm. Posed, ready, anticipating more and more transforming face to face encounters.
Jessica
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I highlighted more of this book than I have any other in a very long time! So much depth. At times, it was a little meaty and I'd have to read a paragraph over and over to meditate on it before moving in. But it challenges me in the way I've been living and praying and seeking God.
Matthew
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Face to Face with God and shine His glory.

I love this book that lead us expressing with glory of God by face to face with Him. Every chapter, Pastor Bill reflection main point and lead us pray with him.
Daunavan Buyer
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. Bill Johnson is a man who exudes passion for God and invites others to do the same. If you are feeling dead in your relationship with God or looking for a Biblical and honest approach to what it means to have a real ‘encounter’ with God, please read this book.
Justin
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exactly what I needed to read in this very season of hunger for more of God in my life. So many simple and profound truths, wisdom and insights (underlined pretty much the entire book as I always seem to do with Bill Johnson’s books).
Daniel Westlund
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where 'Heaven Invades Earth' is written to try to convince you of Bill Johnson's approach, 'Face to Face with God' assumes you are already on board with the miraculous, and takes you deep into the rationale and experience.
Sheryl Kloehr
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Timely read in the season our world is facing. Bill Johnson ties together Scriptures that are prophetic for what’s ahead and how we as believers are being prepared to reflect God’s glory to draw people to Christ. Inspiring and exciting.
Jonathan Tony
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought were a lot of great ideas to chew on in this. Pretty straightforward.
Daniel
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He lays out the biblical principle that lives are changed by dramatic encounters with God and that we should pursue such encounters.
Jonathan Drinkwine
So encouraging!

This book has been such an encouragement in my faith. Be in the presence of God and see Him do amazing things in and around your life.
Aubrey Laporte
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hands DOWN the best book on being Face to Face with God. I must have highlighted every other sentence. Read it multiple times. Great book.
Christopher
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gospel
For me the best book that Bill Johnson has released. Still a valuable read.
Charity Cole
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was good. Pretty easy to read. Goes outside of some of my comfort zones.
Buddy G
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing insight from ot and nt!!! A gotta read 4 sure!!!
Diane Melville
Another Bill Johnson eye opener.
John Leinweber
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Wrestled with some parts but led me closer to the throne.
Dot
Very encoruaging and thought provoking to desire more of Him and less of me.
Debbi DuBose
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for my honest opinion. This is a Christian non-fiction book that will help the reader to have their own life changing encounter with God. Face to Face With God is the very appropriate title of this book by Pastor Bill Johnson.
I slowly worked my way through the ten chapters of this book complete with a prayer and questions at the end of each chapter. It has helped me to understand certain concepts about my faith with more wisdom than I did befor
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Happy Intercessor
  • Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy
  • Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven & Earth
  • Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment
  • Translating God: Hearing God's Voice For Yourself And The World Around You
  • The Supernatural Ways of Royalty: Discovering Your Rights and Privileges of Being a Son or Daughter of God
  • Secrets of the Secret Place: Keys to Igniting Your Personal Time with God
  • The God Chasers: "My Soul Follows Hard After Thee"
  • The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun
  • The Man God Has For You: 7 Traits To Help You Determine Your Life Partner
  • Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle: A Practical Guide to a Life of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles
  • Keep Your Love On: Connection Communication And Boundaries
  • Poverty, Riches and Wealth: Moving from a Life of Lack into True Kingdom Abundance
  • Sit, Walk, Stand
  • The Divine Conspiracy: Rediscovering Our Hidden Life in God
  • ESV Study Bible
  • Fashioned to Reign: Empowering Women to Fulfill Their Divine Destiny
  • SOZO Saved Healed Delivered: A Journey into Freedom with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Bill Johnson and his wife Brenda (Beni) Johnson are the Senior Pastors of Bethel Church in Redding, California. Johnson is a fifth generation pastor.

Johnson was born in Minnesota in 1951 and became a Christian as a young child. Soon after, Johnson read seven books on prayer, which significantly affected his perspective and subsequent ministry.

Bill Johnson and his wife have three children: Eric, Br