Start by marking “Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence” as Want to Read:
Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence

Face to Face with God: Transform Your Life with His Daily Presence

THE ULTIMATE QUEST TO EXPERIENCE HIS PRESENCE
We all want to be a part of something that is greater than ourselves, to knowthat God loves us and has a plan for our lives. What better way to find outthan to stand daily in His presence and ask?
In this expanded edition of Face to Face With God Bill Johnson offersquestions for reflection and prayers at the end of each chapter
Published August 21st 2007 by Charisma House

To ask other readers questions about Face to Face with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Face to Face with God

Dawn Weaver
Aug 11, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Face to Face with Bill Johnson

When I first picked up his book a couple years ago I knew nothing of Bill Johnson. I intended to preview Face to Face with God for our church library. The cover is beautiful. The tagline enticing: “The ultimate quest to experience His Presence”. Ever on the lookout for books that encourage the believer to grow in his knowledge of God, this one seemed promising.

Then I read the first chapter. In it Johnson defends his personal quest for ‘deep encounters with God’. He
Keith
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bill Johnson has for many years been moving n the power of the Holy Spirit and teaching others to do the same. I love his style both in writing and speaking because he has a rare talent for making the spiritual seem practical.

In this book he talks about meeting God face to face which should be the normal experience for christians. He tackles subjects such as growing in favour with the Lord, seeking His presence and receiving joy.

One stand out quote in the book is this: “In the Old Testament if y
V. Z.
May 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
If you are a hyper-charismatic Christian and believe in this nonsense, you will love this book.

If you are a mainstream Christian, this book may offend you and is full of claims that are inconsistent with the bible and Christian doctrine.

From the point of view of a skeptic, this book is full of magical mumbo-jumbo in the name of Yahweh and has no place on any bookshelf. It is a time waster and full of nonsense deepities. Your time will be well spent elsewhere.
Jessica
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So good and confirmed what I've been learning!
Ryan
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good book. Created a hunger for God. I didn't agree with all of the book, but loved the passion it created in my heart to experience God in a real and meaningful way.
Paul Cramer
Apr 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Nothing beats the face of God, His hand is great, cause it displays His power and strength. But His face shines His amazing love over and through us.
John Fletcher
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book about deepening your intimacy and walk with the Lord.
Debby
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As I have sought God throughout my life, I found myself questioning why, oh why, were we not encountering God in the ways HE said we should as a mark of the Believer. Sitting in a church pew, being on committees, volunteering, etc...and yet not seeing the miraculous that we should be seeing if Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and tomorrow. (Hebrews 13:8). I have been seeking out where God is moving and Bethel is one of those places. Bill Johnson not only seeks His face, but invites you t ...more
Mary L. Pickens
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A life changing book.

To truly understand what has been given to us through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and to really see and know the presence of God in worship will never leave us untouched. I was taken to new and greater places in the Holy Spirit while reading this.
Koro
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

I’ve been listening to Bill Johnson’s teachings for almost a year now and his words in this book are just as clear as his preachings. The prayers at the end of each chapter are so powerful & he took me deep into the Bible, further than I’ve gone before. I highly recommend this book if you want to learn more about what it means to host the presence of God, what it means to submit and how you can bring the presence of God into every situation in your life.
Jessica
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I highlighted more of this book than I have any other in a very long time! So much depth. At times, it was a little meaty and I'd have to read a paragraph over and over to meditate on it before moving in. But it challenges me in the way I've been living and praying and seeking God.
Justin Lau
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exactly what I needed to read in this very season of hunger for more of God in my life. So many simple and profound truths, wisdom and insights (underlined pretty much the entire book as I always seem to do with Bill Johnson’s books).
Daunavan Buyer
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. Bill Johnson is a man who exudes passion for God and invites others to do the same. If you are feeling dead in your relationship with God or looking for a Biblical and honest approach to what it means to have a real ‘encounter’ with God, please read this book.
Matthew
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Face to Face with God and shine His glory.

I love this book that lead us expressing with glory of God by face to face with Him. Every chapter, Pastor Bill reflection main point and lead us pray with him.
Charity Cole
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was good. Pretty easy to read. Goes outside of some of my comfort zones.
Aubrey Laporte
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hands DOWN the best book on being Face to Face with God. I must have highlighted every other sentence. Read it multiple times. Great book.
Christopher
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gospel
For me the best book that Bill Johnson has released. Still a valuable read.
Daniel
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He lays out the biblical principle that lives are changed by dramatic encounters with God and that we should pursue such encounters.
Jonathan Drinkwine
So encouraging!

This book has been such an encouragement in my faith. Be in the presence of God and see Him do amazing things in and around your life.
Jonathan Tony
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought were a lot of great ideas to chew on in this. Pretty straightforward.
Buddy G
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing insight from ot and nt!!! A gotta read 4 sure!!!
John Leinweber
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Wrestled with some parts but led me closer to the throne.
Debbi DuBose
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for my honest opinion. This is a Christian non-fiction book that will help the reader to have their own life changing encounter with God. Face to Face With God is the very appropriate title of this book by Pastor Bill Johnson.
I slowly worked my way through the ten chapters of this book complete with a prayer and questions at the end of each chapter. It has helped me to understand certain concepts about my faith with more wisdom than I did befor
Ian
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Bill Johnson has a great ministry and walks the talk.

This book is a tremendous encouragement to seek greater intimacy with the Lord and this only comes through time in prayer, reading the Word and obedience.

Johnson ends the book with the first seven verses of Psalm 67. The first two verses in some ways sum up this book's power:

"God be merciful to us and bless us,
And cause His face to shine upon us."

We need to ask God to see His face and make Him our first priority.

At times, Johnson's writing is
Kimberly Wong
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
"We are responsible to love, and love requires giving."

One of the things talked about in this book caught my attention and got me to access my situation and the people around me. It is true that when grace was shown and freely given, things start to change around you. God works THROUGH us, and it is our responsibility to freely give what we have been given. I have seen people change by this mere simple act of grace. And now that I've experienced how divine grace can change people, I'm even more
Chris Zamora
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From the first moment I picked up Bill Johnson's book Face to Face, I was seized by hunger for more experiences with God. The book delves deep into the simple yet profound truth that the Bible is a book of examples, not exceptions. The stories shared of Moses, Elijah, David and a host of others reveal the heart of God is to show His Face to His people. We were made to walk with God not with our backs to Him, but facing Him. I strongly recommend this book to any who want a little "salt" in their ...more
Joshua Page
Dec 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
To me, this book remains an all-time favorite next to Hosting the Presence by Bill Johnson. I personally think these two books go hand in hand and could be read together. I feel like Face to Face with God is part 1 and Hosting the Presence could be part 2.
John Weston
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book really challenged my faith. It made me realize how carnal I am and my lack of desire for the Father. It wasn't a preaching book to make you feel bad, but it talked about how good God is, and the relationship He desires for us, it made me want Him so much more!
Audrey
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book! It took me a while to read it because of the richness of each chapter. This is not a book that you just flip through....you need to take the time to digest and allow it to change you.
Carla Parker
Apr 16, 2008 is currently reading it
so far it's amazing....They have the title wrong though -- It's actually called, "FACE TO FACE WITH GOD: TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE WITH HIS DAILY PRESENCE."
  • Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle: A Practical Guide to a Life of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment
  • Compelled by Love: How to Change the World Through the Simple Power of Love in Action
  • Do What Jesus Did: A Real-Life Field Guide to Healing the Sick, Routing Demons and Changing Lives Forever
  • Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation
  • The Ultimate Treasure Hunt: A Guide to Supernatural Evangelism Through Supernatural Encounters
  • Primal: A Quest for the Lost Soul of Christianity
  • You May All Prophesy
  • Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship
  • The Call (Final Quest, #2)
  • Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ
  • Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom
  • The Veil
  • Jesus Culture: Living a Life That Transforms the World
Bill Johnson and his wife Brenda (Beni) Johnson are the Senior Pastors of Bethel Church in Redding, California. Johnson is a fifth generation pastor.

Johnson was born in Minnesota in 1951 and became a Christian as a young child. Soon after, Johnson read seven books on prayer, which significantly affected his perspective and subsequent ministry.

Bill Johnson and his wife have three children: Eric, Br
“If you lack joy, there is one way you can engage in the process of gaining ever-increasing joy: learn to rejoice. A choice to rejoice cannot depend on circumstances, because it operates from the heart of faith. It lives regardless of what has happened, embracing the realities of His world that can only be accessed by trust in God and His Word. Rejoicing releases joy.” 0 likes
“We steward the presence of God by learning to obey the commands “Do not grieve the Holy Spirit” (Ephesians 4:30) and “Do not quench the Spirit” (1 Thessalonians 5:19). We grieve Him when we do something wrong; we quench Him when we fail to do what is right, stopping the flow of His love and power that comes from the Father.” 0 likes