Start by marking “Love Me (Starstruck, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Me (Starstruck, #2)

Love Me

(Starstruck #2)

A  new series set  in the  golden age of glam . . .

Margo has to pinch herself: th
Published February 11th 2014 by Delacorte Press

Lauren Morrill
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy smokes I love this series. It's Gossip Girl set in 1930s Hollywood, yet classier and with more sass. Totally un-put-downable!
VictoriaSong
Please, please, please Rachel Shukert, please write more books in this series. Thank you :D
Sincerely,
Your newest Starstruck fan !_!
Richard Kramer
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I AM Rachel Shukert, but when I'm not, I read this book, the second in her STARSTRUCK series, and I mean this without
a trace of facetiousness when I say this is to STARSTRUCK what THE GODFATHER 2 was to the GODFATHER, in that the artist (Ms. Shukert) is so secure in the mythology she built in the first work that she can spring from it in the second into something richer, darker, unexpected, which is just what she's done here. This is an original installment in an original series
Katie
This might be a little high, I don't know, but THESE BOOKS! I just sink into this world.

Like the first one, this made Old Hollywood seem real without getting rid of too much of the glamour that makes the time period so enticing.

GIVE ME MORE NOW.

(I do wish there was more in the way of female friendship. (view spoiler) But there are at least hints of it here and there.)
Larissa
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This will review will sadly have to be a mini one, as I was so underwhelmed and left with a feeling of indifference by 'Love Me' that I can't write a full length review.

the good-

- Like the previous in the series Rachel continues to capture Hollywood’s Golden Age quite well. The overwhelming control the studios had over their talent is evident and the book portrays this well. It digs deep into the darker side and doesn't just focus on the glitz and glam. When I was reading this book I truly felt
Juhina
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Me picks up right after Starstruck ended and I was so excited to dive back into this Hollywood 1930s setting. I couldn't wait to see where things would go for Margo and especially with her and Dane as well as the two girls that completed this trilogy's multiple POV structure. I have to say, I picked up Love Me mainly for Margo but I couldn't help but get invested in Gabby's wellbeing. I did have a few issues with this book and that is mainly how I somehow became very nervous whenever Margo' ...more
Lauren
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Love Me", indeed! Shukert's newest starts where "Starstruck" left off, following three young women caught up in the movie industry in the late '30's. The second (and hopefully not last!) book in this addictive series showcases not only the glitter and glamour of the golden age of Hollywood, but the sordid underbelly as well. No one did excess as stylishly as the movie stars of yore, and Shukert lovingly describes each indulgence, down to the last gold spangle and designer bugle bead. But it's n ...more
Sherrie
Love Me the second book in the Starstruck Series had more drama and plot twists than its predecessor. In this book the three young women from the first book Margo, Gabby and Amanda are slowly turning into unlikable Hollywood Divas. Gone are the wide eyed young women dreaming of having their chance of the big screen and supporting each other as they fight their way to the top. In this latest installment it's every woman for herself. Even though I didn't have much sympathy for the characters in th ...more
CiderandRedRot
The book where all those characters you rooted for in the first novel slowly become kinda assholes? Still readable as hell and with a delightfully assured sense of place & period (albeit in a Gossip Girl style, which in this instance is no bad thing), but feels more like one of a series instead of a contained narrative. That said, it was nice to see a bit of the New York method school creeping in around the edges of the Hollywood dream factory. More more more!
Jess
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jumping straight into the world made this one so much better to read for me.

(view spoiler)
Celeste_pewter
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars, for a serious amount of old Hollywood glamour and awesome. I started the ARC at 11:30 PM, and finished at 1:30 AM. Completely worth it.

Review to come closer to release date.
Cait
This book just dragged me in so fast, I'd look up and be another 20% through the book. It's just so well researched, and I really love how all the stories are starting to intertwine.
Loren
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
I found this book less engaging than the first. While Starstruck kept me riveted to my chair turning pages, this one took a good 150 pages to really rev up into anything page-turning. And the end was really unsatisfying. I mean, nothing’s really wrapped up. There are a lot of hints, but I don’t feel like any of these stories conclude to the point where I feel like I’ve gotten closure. It feels like there should be another book to wrap it up properly, but since it’s been 3-4 years since Love Me w ...more
Alicia Riley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I've did even finish the book due to partly being just boring and the characters were just not interesting.
Christine Robinson
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gossip girl of days gone by! Addicting in a way that makes you hate yourself a little bit. My one and only complaint is that there needs to be another book. Some things have been left unfinished.
Becky
Mar 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014reviews
Love Me is the sequel to Rachel Shukert's Starstruck. I enjoyed Starstruck. I am not sure if I enjoyed Love Me as much. On the one hand, I could not put it down. I kept cheating. I would go to the end of the book, read a bit, and then go back to where I was. I don't ever really do that. So it did keep my interest, which, I suppose, is a good thing, right?! My favorite character is NOT a main character.

On the other hand, I found myself yelling at the characters from start to finish. I also found
Celeste_pewter
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Estelle
Review originally posted on Rather Be Reading Blog

What struck me the most in Love Me is just how much Margo, Gabby, and Amanda were willing to sacrifice for what they wanted. Margo wants to be well-known in the industry — a leading lady, while Gabby wants to be seen as a woman with needs and true talent, and Amanda just wants to be in love with her man and be taken care of.

Margo allows her relationship with Dane gradually dwindle because of her ambition (but she still remains so sweet) and she l
Nikki
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My copy was provided by Netgalley.

This book started right off from where Starstruck left off. Margo is living the dream where she is a famous movie star about to be nominated for an Oscar. Her boyfriend is one of the hottest and most famous men in America. All her dreams have come true. That is, if her secret with Dane doesn't get out to the public. If it does, her whole career will be ruined.

Gabby wants more than what show biz has to offer. She wants people to love her for her, not for being fa
Elle!
Apr 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the Flappers Series
Recommended to Elle! by: Myself;)
Sigh.

Pacing: Imagine you see someone tiptoeing toward you from ten miles away in a desert. You see them coming but you now they are taking their time. Seven hours later, they arrive in front of you. They raise their hand and WHAP! You get slapped in the face and the weirdo just trudges away. The pacing is like that. Slow with an explosive ending that’s rather strange and oddly ironic.

First Sentence: Movie people were used to being up to the crack of dawn.

Plot: Love Me started off with a bang. O
Emma
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Love Me by Rachel Shukert
Grade: C+
Release date: February 11, 2014
I received this e-galley from NetGalley and Delacorte BFYR in exchange for an honest review.
Summary: Amanda is heartbroken. She's tried, but she can't get over her breakup with hotshot writer Harry Gordon. If only she could talk to him, she could convince him that their love story is bigger than any screenplay. But Amanda isn't the only one in Hollywood keeping a secret—Harry's got one too.

Margo has to pinch herself: there's talk
Chelsey Wolford
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am so pleased with the second book in this series! The first one was amazing and this one was not better than the first, but kept me just as entertained and intrigued as the first one did for sure! The time period is to die for; any book set in the 1920’s-1930’s is sure to be at the top of my To-Be-Read list. The drama and the action that Margo, Gabby, and Amanda land themselves in is always enough to keep me entranced and usually mad at one of them for the decisions they make! I mean what cou ...more
Missie
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive both Starstruck and Love Me in a giveaway and I read them pretty much back to back, so I stayed familiar and involved with the story. Love Me continues right where Starstruck left off.

Likes:
I really liked where the story continued, the development of Margo, Gabby and Amanda in the first book continued in the book and we really got to see all sides to their lives and personalities.
This book felt a bit like Gossip Girl in the 1930s. I loved the movie tabloids that are
Diane Ferbrache
It’s 1939. In Hollywood, the studios still control the stars, but the stars are getting restless. Amanda is keeping a terrible secret, and her would-be boyfriend is avoiding her. Gabby is trying a little too hard to get out from under the restrictions the studio and her mother have put on her by spending time with jazz musicians. Plus, her drug use is getting out of hand. Margo misses out on the Oscar nomination, but hits the jackpot when the studio plans a wedding for her.
The back of the cove
Ramie
When I finished this book, I was torn as to wether or not it was better than/ worse than/ or the same as Starstruck. In the end I decided it is in some ways superior, in some ways not quite as good, but overall still a 5 (or maybe more like 4.5).

The first book was more focussed on Margo. This, I think was meant be to Amanda heavy, but it was a bit more balanced than Starstruck in the time it gave the different girls.

It is basically Mean Girls or Gossip Girl set in the golden age of Hollywood. T
Bethany Huang
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Normally when I pick up books that include the words "Hollywood" and "drama" in them, I automatically dismiss them as fictional tabloids disguised as literature, like Gossip Girl or The A-List. But then I read this book and it astounded me. I am the pickiest of all readers, but this broke my book ratings scale. The plot was perfectly orchestrated- it tugged at every possible heartstring with each earnest sentence, made me love and sympathize with the characters, and then shocked me so deeply I h ...more
Cmrice
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: trc2015
Love Me mixes soap opera-style drama and intrigue with Old Hollywood, which makes for a very gossipy, yet somewhat dark read. Although everyone looks perfect and proper to the adoring public, behind the scenes the rampant drug and alcohol abuse, romantic relationships and breakups, family drama, and scheming to get to the top of the industry are taking their toll on everyone.

The author does a great job of setting the scene by filling her story with mentions of actors who were actually famous du
Michelle Kidwell