Start by marking “Princess of Death (Three Provinces #1)” as Want to Read:
Princess of Death (Three Provinces #1)

Princess of Death

(Three Provinces #1)

Enter the world of Sumerian mythology...

Ereshkigal was born in the dark, destined to have powers over death and destruction. As the princess of a land divided into light, grey, and dark, she will never be queen. Instead, her parents dote on her younger sister Ishtar, who was born in the grey land.

After meeting an intriguing demon prince, Ereshkigal embarks on many adventu
Published March 11th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Princess of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess of Death

Start your review of Princess of Death (Three Provinces #1)
Rachel
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5

This was a really fun read. Like, really fun. The premise is very unique- the main character, Ereshkigal, lives in Salas, a country divided into three provinces.

The first is Nannaru, the light province in the West. It is always day there- always. At “night,” they inhabitants have to pull shades over the windows to get some sleep. They also have powers of heat, light, etc. It’s “full of light, laughter, and happiness.”

The second is Biri, the grey province, and in the middl
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***SPOILER ALERT***

Enter the world of Ereshkigal where her country/kingdom is divided into light, neutral, and dark provinces. Adura is the province of dark, dangerous, and possibly evil things. Biri is the “normal”, neutral and gray everyday people and things. And Nannaru is of light, brightness, and “good” things. Ereshkigal is a princess of the whole kingdom yet she is Adura-born and as all the people here are magical in one way or another, which means her magic is darkly based. In this story
Angie
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have to say it was fun reading about someone that loved such creepy things and didn't care what people thought. It wasn't even weird accepting Ereshkigal, its clearly explained that is just how she is, and that she can't really help it. She was pretty awesome, tough when she needed to be but showing just enough insecurity to make her seem more real.

The world building was amazing. . .I ate up every bit of information I could get. The author imagination is truly great to be able to come up with
Shelly
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I haven't read fantasy books in a while so I am very happy to say that I enjoyed reading Princess of Death. It was an interesting book with a very unique setting. The setting in this book was very original, well-written and simple enough to grasp, unlike a lot of fantasy books. I loved all the different creatures that readers are introduced to. I seriously loved the setting of Princess of Death. However, the romance in this book felt a little rushed but it was cute. At the beginning of the book, ...more
Alstroe
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-reviewed
Princess of Death is the first book by Renee Travis that I can say, with a straight face, that I actually liked.

It has a unique world, good characters and a mostly solid plot. The world was creative, though modeled after the Sumerian gods, legends and mythology. The characters were interesting and elaborate, though a little too well-described for my tastes. I like books that leave something for my own imagination to fill in, and this book goes out of its way to over-describe nearly every detail
Jackie (No Bent Spines)
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars
More reviews on No Bent Spines

Review

Wow. It’s been forever since I’ve read a book that wasn’t purely for review purposes. And I have to admit, I’ve been looking forward to this one for a while. I mean I actually bought this one. I know. Kindle Freebie Stalker (me) bought this book. I thought this was an interesting tale about three realms, family, and a quest to bring back the old ways, all while discovering who you are falling in love. This girl has her plate full.

I re
Renee
This is my new book! It is the first of a four part series (hopefully lol) and is a little epic fantasy which is different then what I normally write.

It is steeped in Sumerian mythology and is a retelling of how the death goddess Ereshkigal met her consort Nergal.

It will be up on amazon.com in kindle format it about 12 hours.

Like always I give the .pdf file for those of you who would like to review it. Just send me a message with your email.
Apr 05, 2013
Marla
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
won this book from goodreads . the book was interesting I did enjoy reading the book
Chris
Dec 28, 2016
Aura
Dec 22, 2015
Samantha
rated it did not like it
May 19, 2016
Dec 04, 2017
Apr 14, 2013
Karri Williams
Jan 23, 2019

Three Provinces (2 books)
  • Servant of Death (Three Provinces #1.5)