Start by marking “Never Sleep Alone” as Want to Read:
Never Sleep Alone

Never Sleep Alone

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
In order to find The One, you must become The One. Dr. Alex Schiller doles out hilarious yet profoundly wise dating advice in her new sex and dating manual, which will transform you into an Exceptional Individual capable of seducing everyone you meet. My name is Dr. Alex Schiller and I Never Sleep Alone. Unless I want to. Man or woman, rich or poor, teenage or elderly-NSA ...more
Published February 3rd 2015 by Gallery Books (first published January 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Never Sleep Alone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Sleep Alone

Elyse Walters
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I'm fully turned on!

"Never Sleep Alone" is exciting. It wakes you UP. (married or single)

Its impossible to read this book and not take ACTION -- (if not, 'something' is just plain wrong with you):
THINGS YOU MIGHT FEEL INSPIRED TO DO:
You might want to jump somebody,
masturbate, (yes, I did that before writing this review)
clean your house,
dress seductively,
Buy new sheets or towels,
Buy some fresh flowers for your house
Keep a lovely fruit bowl out (makes people think of oral sex)
Buy some new teas a
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Never forget that you are beautiful…

I went a bit out of my comfort zone when I picked up Never Sleep Alone by Dr. Alex Schiller. Not because the content was uncomfortable, but because I am not really sure how in the hell to review a self-help book! I mean it is obvious why you might want to read this book, you might be single, you might be lonely, you might really want to get laid night after night. So if you fall in that category this book will be a great road map for a life that is going to st
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-stuff
4.5 Become The One - Stars

"Don't waste the best years of your life being fearful and mediocre. It is time to overcome your inhibitions, transform your existence, and become the Exceptional Individual you were meant to be."

Sounds good right?! I think so, too.
From time to time I like to switch up my reading pattern and with Never Sleep Alone (NSA) I found the perfect book.

Are you single wishing to find the one? In a marriage that could use some spicing up? Or are you just looking to read somethin
Victoria Colotta
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am not generally a self-help book reader. In fact, for the most part, I stay clear of the genre because of one simple fact…I can never relate to the books. However, when I saw this book, it made me take a second look.

NSA Truth: The only way to stop having expectations is to start having more new experiences.

In Never Sleep Alone, Dr. Alex Schiller (a.k.a. Roslyn Hart) gives us her nine principles to becoming The One for yourself. Through her rules and truths, the reader will learn all of the st
The Rainbow Zebra
Feb 07, 2015 marked it as gave-up
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Recommended to The Rainbow Zebra by: xoxoafterdark
An open letter to "Not really a doctor" Alex Schiller:

I should preface this by saying I'm married to My One for over 22 years, and have two amazing children, 19 and 13, and I'm definitely not a prude. My eldest is studying to be a real scientist, not a delusional woman who practices pseudo-science. I find it surprising you haven't found your One.

Actually I don't.

Anyone who thinks the young women of today are more interested in landing a perpetual cycle of sex partners is sad, pathetic, and need
Karen
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have been to a few of Dr. Alex's seminars at Joe's Pub in New York and so I was quite excited to receive an advanced copy of the book to read. I wondered if the book would be as eye opening and fun as her seminars. Thankfully, I was not disappointed! Dr. Alex's lessons make reading the book an interactive experience. I read a chapter and then would go out and take her advice. Much to my surprise, I have become a more confident person when dealing with relationships, thanks in part to reading t ...more
Marisa H
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book, super motivational...and you don't have to see the show to make use of it (but if you have the opportunity to see the show in NYC definitely go- you'll have a super fun evening out). Will definitely read over again.
Michael Prieto
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was the funniest most helpful self help book I have read. Straight forward and to the point facts about how to better yourself not only to get laid but also to improve your life. Thank you Dr.Alex
Jasmine
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read! Something I can always come back to for good advice ;)
David Gates
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye Opening Book

I just finished the book and I have done 2 of the challenges so far.... I feel a change in me already pick it up if nothing else it's an exciting read for sure.
Stacie
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Hilarious and inappropriate
Paige
May 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this would be a funny humorous read and didn't even finish it. It's got your basic self help tips on how to be confident and independent, some might find it useful. Personally I just found it a bit sad that the author thinks that you in order for others to find you to be interesting you need to create a character version of yourself.

I'll pass on finishing it. I'd rather sleep alone than sleep with people who are attracted to the tips this author gave.
Alexandra
Weirdly interesting. Still not sure how I feel about this book, but I guess it's mainly positive. A lot of info you may already (subconsciously or not) know, but it is repeated here in a very straightforward manner that makes the main messages stand out. Not sure if I'd buy it again, but I've read much worse, so...3 stars.
David Ward
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Never Sleep Alone by Dr. Alex Shiller (Gallery Books 2016) (818.602). Remember this as you read this book: Alex Shiller is a comedienne, not a doctor. She is not a doctor of any sort. The information provided in this slim volume is part of her standup comedy routine! With that said, she provides some pretty good advice in this little tome. Are you tired of sleeping alone? What single person is not? The author shares her advice in the form of nine easy ploys to achieve seduction. Here is the auth ...more
Rachel
Jan 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2016
I'm not sure what made me read this book. I think I saw it recommended on some website or magazine. I thought from the review that the book would be funny or tongue-in-check, but it was awful. I couldn't figure out if it was serious or not. I felt like I was getting advice from Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother. The tone also reminded me of the crazy girl from Gone Girl. I don't recommend it. Get advice from a better source that doesn't use so many abbreviations and that has some researc ...more
Blushing Reader
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
I am honestly not sure how to rate this book. I still can't decide if this was a joke or a real "how to"/self-help book for people who want more sex. I read this in an hour (I skimmed) and I was entertained. I may have strained my eye from eyeballing but NSA and all the 9 principles gave me a chuckle with its absurdity a time or two while reading. I have no doubt some will find this funnier, more helpful or life changing, but I am get the feeling it was a book written as a joke (or stand up).
Virginia Madrid
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won
Could......NOT.....for the life of me......put this book DOWN!!!!! I think I may re-read it just to be sure I didn't miss ANYTHING!! Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! I don't know what else to say without giving the book away! Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to read this book!!
Martin Hassman
Tři a půl hvězdičky. Zábavné čtení. Není zde nic nového, co by už nebylo 10x řečeno někde jinde. Ale když autorka nasadí svou masku (jedná se o herečku a sexuální koučku je jedna z jejích postav), má šarm, kterým snadno nakazí i čtenáře.
Melissa Weidner
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating and honest look into socio-sexual science. Dr. Alex is open and inquisitive with the right touch of sexiness. A must read! I obtained a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Pegi Sweeney
Oct 07, 2015
Mia Mendez
Nov 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Cowgirls Don't Cry (Red Dirt Royalty, #1)
  • 98: The Witch's Prophecy (Rise of the Battle-Bred, #2)
  • Dolbin School for the Extraordinary
  • Beneath the Forsaken City (Song of Seare, #2)
  • Should You Marry Him?: A No-Nonsense, Therapist-Tested Guide to Not Screwing Up the Biggest Decision of Your Life
  • The Stranger: Adrift
  • Bad Blood Rising (Dark Watchman, #0)
  • The Friendship of Criminals
  • A Promise Moon
  • Pieces Of Me (Confessions Of A Christian Black Girl, #1)
  • Finishing On Top : How to achieve personal goals, become successful, and experience happiness through the power of finishing
  • Love, Forgiveness, Career, Happiness - 12 Step Journey to Creating an Amazing Life
  • Sir Sydney Dinkum