Start by marking “A Dark and Stormy Knit (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Dark and Stormy Knit (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #6)

A Dark and Stormy Knit (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries #6)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  373 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
In the sixth novel in the series that is “sure to hook cozy fans” (Publishers Weekly) the Black Sheep Knitters must work to solve the mystery of the disappearance of their friend—and figure out who is trying to kill her before it’s too late.

Curiosity Killed the Cat

Knitting graffiti, in Plum Harbor? Maggie Messina doubts it could ever happen in her quiet village. Until the
Published January 14th 2014 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about A Dark and Stormy Knit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dark and Stormy Knit

Julie
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
review coming soon!
Veronica
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I look forward to reading more of Anne Canadeo's cozy mysteries!
Val
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Another cozy--lots of female characters, at times the point of view changed from one character to another and was a bit confusing...easy to figure out the guilty party--clues throughout. Would read another in the series.
Julie
Sep 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Kindle
Margaret
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yarnbombing enlivens the plot of a series that is more about the support of a knitting sisterhood than actual plot. Though that exists too.
'jean
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
It was oka y. The plot was fun to read but not memorable. The writing was descriptive as the story unfolds, but the characters did not seem like they drove the story, more like bystanders.
Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy)
More like 3.5/5 stars. It was slower than my previous Anne Canadeo read, a bit preachy at times and had some deux ex machina moments... Still, it kept my interest and it was great spending a few hours with the Black Sheep Knitting ladies, who were such sweethearts. Full review to come.

Full review (originally posted on MICHELLE & LESLIE'S BOOK PICKS):

When A Dark and Stormy Knit showed up at my door I was pleasantly surprised. I read only one other cozy mystery before (another Black Sheep nov
Bunny
Jun 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-14
Sigh. Trying a different "knitting as half the plot" author, after such a disastrous run with the last ones I read.

Even though the blurb for this sounds insane, and the title is ridiculous. Hope springs eternal.
-----

Not as dreadful as Maggie Sefton's "A Knitting Mystery" series.

That's the best I can give you on this one.

The title is still ridiculous. It wasn't even stormy the night the victim died, or any of the other nights in this book, so it really is a ridiculously stupid wasted play on
Mary Brown
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Dark and Stormy Knit by Anne Canadeo is book six in the Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries series. It revolves around a group of friends who get together at least once a week to eat and knit. As is typical in a cozy, there is a mystery to solve. The mystery is a murder and one of their own is a “person of interest”. The friends know that they need to help the police solve the murder so that none of them get arrested. They have had experience with sort of thing in the past so they know what to do. ...more
Lark of The Bookwyrm's Hoard
Review originally published at The Bookwyrm's Hoard.

This is the first Black Sheep Knitting Mystery I've read, but it won't be the last. As both a cozy mystery reader and a knitter, I am always delighted to find a new series that combines both, and this is one of the best I've come across in a while. Taut and well-written, the mystery kept me turning pages while the protagonists, yarn store owner Maggie and her quirky college-age assistant Phoebe, slowly became my friends. Canadeo doesn't cheat;
Tania Godwin-evans
May 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
No 6 in the series however, unlike many book serials, it is not necessary to have read the others to enjoy this book.

An interesting story premise of a murder mystery, a group of knitting graffitists and a knitting shop owner. The plot moves along at a steady pace although the language used by the author feels antiquated. What started as a light hearted read turned sinister with the off-page murder. The revealing of clues related to aforementioned murder feels contrived (eg happening to overhear
Anastacia
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Being a big knitter, naturally I had to request a review copy of this book from netgalley. I have not read any of the previous books in this series, something I normally HATE, but was not an issue at all in this series.

I do want to admit that I am not really a fan of cozies - I just don't get the genre. I understand the need for violence off screen, but the whole genre is just too light and fluffy for me.

Of course, I keep trying to read cozies anyway, because I do like crime books/mystery books
Fmorlan
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Maggie owns a knitting store and hosts a knitting night for friends Lucy,Dana, Suzanne and Phoebe. Most days are quiet so they can chat and knit. But there were knitting bombs put on the new parking meters. Then the ladies attended an art show to see Phoebe's friend Charlotte's exhibit. As it happened Charlotte'ex boyfriend showed up causimg her to leave very quickly. Phoebe went looking for her but what she found stunned her. It looked that Charlotte was murdered. The first suspect were the Kni ...more
Jessica
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy, mystery
A while back, when I was hunting for new cozies to read, I came across Anne Canadeo's Black Sheep Knitting Mystery series (series review here), and it was just what the doctor ordered: A nice, cozy, crafty group of friends who enjoyed good meals and good company while solving mysteries along the way. In many ways, it still is, but the copy-editing problems that have plagued the series since day one have not only not been solved, I think they've gotten worse.

Recommended to people who like books w
Text Addict
It's not true *every* cozy mystery title is punny, is it? Just most of them, I guess.

This was another fun one; my faith in the subgenre is nearly restored. I've even been reading books instead of doing the things I'm supposed to be doing, which - after a patch of mediocre-to-unfinishable books - is actually a relief.

This 6th in the series didn't suffer at all from my only having read the first one before. The mystery is definitely tricky, the characters lively and charming, and the results gott
Kendra
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, knitting
This is about the best cozy knitting mystery I have had the pleasure to read over the years. When the opening scene features knitting graffiti artists striking the small town of Plum Harbor in opposition to the town’s decision to install unpopular parking meters, I knew I would be hooked. The murder took place off page, which I appreciate. The characters were different, quirky, likable and realistic. I fell in love with them and look forward to reading more works by Anne Canadeo. Knitters will e ...more
Susan
Maggie's employee and tenant, part-time college student Phoebe, draws police attention when she discovers a body in her friend's apartment. Maggie and the Black Sheep Knitters provide support to Phoebe, especially when it seems like one of the suspects in the murder is stalking her. Talking to Maggie about the case leads Phoebe to the real killer, after the police have gone down several dead ends. Although I'm not a knitter, I follow several of these "crafty" series, and for me this one fell rat ...more
Denise Morse
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
An easy to read fluffy mystery book with a bit of an un-suspenseful story and lacking an additional subplot. I do not often read these kinds of books anymore but in the past my faves have always been one that has the mystery but there is also some personal drama and strong character interactions. This had few of those which made the easy to solve mystery so much more obvious. I am a knitter so I did like the knitting aspects being spread throughout and the links to patterns at the end of the boo ...more
Mary
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
“A Dark and Stormy Knit” by Anne Canadeo. This is the sixth book in the Black Sheep Knitting mystery series. The Black Sheep Knitters are five friends who meet once a week to share friendship, gossip, and knitting tips in Plum Harbor, Massachusetts. Their curiosity and natural detective skills often land them in the middle of murder.
Josie
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting-fiction
To quote the quote on the cover: "Friendship, knitting, murder ... create the perfect patter. Great fun."

I liked this installment of the Black Sheep Knitting Mystery Series. It had a slightly different tone, but it was still all about the friendships that were built, and how they came together and helped solve a crime AND a murder! ;)
Gina
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it
A Dark and Stormy Knit by Anne Canadeo.

A light, fluffy cozy mystery centered on a yarn shop and knitting group. An entertaining read for an afternoon or two. It's like sherbet, a palate cleanser between other, more intense genres.

Jessica
May 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
I like the characters and the series, but I am not a fan of Maggie's antiquated language. It makes her sound fake and forced. She's in her 50's, I'm guessing but sounds like she's in her 90's. A fun, quick read but I hope the next one is better.
Lisa
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
A quick read in the cozy mystery family. The friendship among the regulars in the knitting shop is real. The cast of characters is diverse and fun. The mystery is not obvious and the plot twists are entertaining and unexpected. A fun read.
NVTony
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wanted to read some new authors and this one caught my attention. Well written mystery with enjoyable characters. Just right mixture of characters with story line. Will be reading more from this author.
Tammy
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lucy took a much smaller role in this installment and while the book was decent I missed Lucy. It was nice however to see more of Phoebe but Maggie is still not a character I really like. I know ehy, her uncomfortable relationship with pets.
Ann
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the 6th book in Maggie's series and while a cozy, it's a little heavier and not too light hearted. I love series with themes and this knitting mystery has a good mystery and some nice knitting patterns and ideas. It's great to catch up with all the characters.
Pj Gaumond
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
A nice read with a good story. Looking forward to reading more of the books in this story. This copy I read is an Advance Uncorrected Proof that a friend gave me. Not sure where she got it from.
Ellen Thielen
Feb 01, 2014 rated it liked it
This lighthearted tale reminded me of Debbie Macomber. The dialogue is slightly old fashioned, but it's a quick relaxing read.
Mary
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Not the best of mysteries, but I still like the series.
Teresa
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5
  • Yarn to Go (Yarn Retreat Mystery, #1)
  • Angora Alibi (A Seaside Knitters Mystery, #7)
  • Close Knit Killer (A Knitting Mystery, #11)
  • Spinning in Her Grave (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery #3)
  • Blackwork (A Needlecraft Mystery, #13)

Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries (10 books)
  • While My Pretty One Knits (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #1)
  • Knit, Purl, Die (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #2)
  • A Stitch Before Dying (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #3)
  • Till Death Do Us Purl (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #4)
  • The Silence of the Llamas (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #5)
  • The Postman Always Purls Twice (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #7)
  • A Murder in Mohair (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #8)
  • Knit to Kill (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries #9)
  • Purls and Poison (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Finding Claire Fletcher (Claire Fletcher, #1)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • What the Dead Know
    $8.74 $2.99
  • Ragdoll (Detective William Fawkes #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • For Your Eyes Only (James Bond, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Fierce Radiance
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
  • One Moment
    $9.99 $1.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Reach (Grant County, #6)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)