Start by marking “Delivering Death: A Novel (Riley Spartz, #6)” as Want to Read:
Delivering Death: A Novel (Riley Spartz, #6)

Delivering Death: A Novel

(Riley Spartz #6)

From the author of Stalking Susan comes the latest installment in the “compulsively readable” (WCCO-TV) bestselling Riley Spartz thriller series, featuring a smart, sassy, and always entertaining TV reporter as she matches wits with a media-savvy killer.

The most appealing mystery heroine since Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum, TV reporter Riley Spartz is a star
Published January 7th 2014 by Atria/Emily Bestler Books

To ask other readers questions about Delivering Death, please sign up.

Start your review of Delivering Death: A Novel (Riley Spartz, #6)
Derek
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
I knew what I was getting into when I started reading this, so I guess I can't fault the novel too much for delivering exactly as advertised. It's your typical mystery novel, this time set in Minneapolis and starring a crafty TV reporter who gets pulled into a murder involving a...who cares? Ultimately, if you are looking for your standard mystery novel that hits all the necessary notes that it's supposed to and doesn't really break any new ground, this is an ok way to pass the time.
Carly
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, cozy-mystery
Faced with a long bike ride and nothing to listen to, I picked up an audiobook of Delivering Death from my library on a whim. I wasn’t disappointed. Delivering Death is a fun little cozy with a likable protagonist and an engaging, if rather facile, plot.

For me, the most interesting part was Kramer's portrayal of TV journalism. The protagonist, Riley, is an investigative reporter for a television channel. As I don't tend to watch much TV, let alone news, I've never thought much of -- or about --
Annie
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
a most excellent 5 star read, review to come...:)

Let me just start out by saying if you have never read a Riley Spartz book, you are really missing out. Every paragraph in Julie's books are funny and filled with her dry wit, one liners and local insider jokes that make you chuckle and laugh out loud the whole way through the book. Sometimes the Joke is on Riley but, the best jokes are when Riley turns the tables on the bad guy and gets the story all in one fell... scoop.
Wonderful to see the
Benjamin Sobieck
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In Delivering Death, TV investigative journalist Riley Spartz (a little art imitating reality) receives a package full of teeth. Whom they belong to, and how they relate to a well-known Minnesota fraudster serving time in prison (loosely based on either Denny Hecker or Tom Petters, I suspect), makes for a fast-paced A plot.

Still, much of the novel focuses elsewhere. The B plots involve other stories Spartz chases, a mass marriage at the Mall of America, missing dogs, an ex she must turn to as a
Jean
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it

Delivering Death by Julie Kramer is the sixth in the Riley Spartz series and left me wanting to read the seventh, which to my knowledge, hasn’t been written yet. After reading heart-pounding, sleep-depriving thrillers, a little lighter fare was just what I needed. That’s not to say that this is a cozy mystery, because it’s not. Spartz is a no-nonsense investigative reporter who takes her job seriously. Very seriously.

She receives a strange package in the mail at the television station one day,
Judith Starkston
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: strong-women, mystery
Another page-turning, alternately funny and bone-chilling mystery from Julie Kramer. Riley Spartz, investigative journalist for Channel 3 in Minneapolis is still sparring with her intellectually stunted, over-sexed boss while trying to keep her career afloat. Then there’s her ex-fiancé who she’s not so sure should stay exed, except he seems to be awfully tight with his attractive new boss so there seems no hope there. Misery does love Riley, but you won’t be miserable reading as Riley’s dry, ...more
Nancy
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Something for everyone!
Julie Kramer is "Delivering Death" in a masterful new book!

Julie Kramer is back with a delightful alliterative titled new book featuring Riley Spartz, investigative reporter for Channel 3. Riley receives a package in the mail, and so begins the fast paced road for Riley to travel, through a murder investigation, white collar crime and a group wedding set to take place in the oddest of places, the Mall of America. In a mix of danger, office politics, unresolved love and the art world, this page
Silverblue
May 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
The story starts good but declines and loses momentum very quickly. It starts with a number of teeth sent to a TV investigative reporter and what she does to investigate to solve the mystery.

Unfortunately, the story's mystery loses momentum very quickly. It becomes about the inner workings of the TV station - the jealousy, the competition, management incompetency blah blah... the inner workings of a TV station run by arrogant host and incompetent management plus the love life of the
Nancy
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am not sure how I feel about this being the last Riley Spartz book. This series has been a love hate relationship for me. I tend to become invested in series, and cannot walk away, even if I do not like them and yet I am saddened when they end. I know, it makes no sense, but now I can leave knowing that I have finished what Julie Kramer had started.

As an investigative reporter, Riley Spartz has had her share of interesting stories, but when an envelope shows up on her desk with human teeth,
Jovdb
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light hearted mystery involving tv news reporter Riley Spartz investigating multiple stories.

After receiving a gruesome package in the mail, Riley takes it to the police and the mystery begins. To whom do these teeth belong? What does a convicted felon’s death and a rich con man have in common and how do they connect to the teeth?

As usual, Riley follows her instincts, gets into trouble, argues with her nasty boss, Bryce, and has an interesting relationship with Nick.
Jenna
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the previous book, I was hoping this one would be lighter in tone. It wasn’t but it did have some humor and it wasn’t as dark as the previous book.

The negative is I felt like I missed something. Apparently, events happened b/w the books with no real explanation of what it was.

But there were lots of surprising twists.

I liked the ending.

I hope the writer will one day do another in the series as this is listed as the last one for now.
Tess Mertens-Johnson
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author Julie Kramer was a writer for the The I Team, a Twin Cities based investigative reporting team.
She writes great mystery.
Riley Sparks is an investigator who receives a package of human teeth. This take her on a road to find who they belong(ed) to and if they are alive.
There are many twists and turns and some romance. A great page turned – loved it
Louise Pledge
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love the Riley Spartz books! I admire Riley a lot for her spunk and stick-to-it-iveness! Most likely traits that her creator has, also. Since we haven't had a new RS addition for awhile, I really hope there will be more coming up!
Eliza
Enjoyable but not outstanding
Glennie
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I really enjoyed this series. Sorry that it is finished.
Mary Cassidy
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had a problem with the fact that the main character twice escapes a violent death and apparently suffers no post traumatic stress at all. Too formulaic.

Marlene
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've read all of Julie Kramer's Riley Spartz novels and they continue to deliver a great story and entertaining characters.
Alisha Tarran
Oct 23, 2013 rated it liked it
TV reporter Riley Spartz is an investigative journalist for Channel 3. When she receives a package from an unknown sender containing human teeth she becomes involved in a homicide investigation of a recent prison inmate who was released. But it quickly becomes apparent he snitched on a current in mate for fraud...who's not the actual inmate. The criminal is actually hiding out in the city, but he needs a painting that contains secret information to his offshore accounts...and Riley bought it at ...more
Amy Lignor
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the next tale in the incredibly captivating Riley Spartz thriller series, and the suspense is even more chilling than ever.

For those who are unaware, Riley Spartz is one of those intelligent and intriguing characters all readers want to follow. As an investigative journalist and reporter who has definitely received her ‘gold stars’, Riley has made a name for herself by dealing with the most criminal aspects of Minneapolis. Here, she is once again about to embark on a ride that will put
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
What do hunting traps, a wealthy prison inmate, a painting of a fish, and an envelope full of 27 human teeth have in common?

All are leads tracked down by investigative television news reporter Riley Spartz, the heroine in Julie Kramer’s mystery “Delivering Death.” When Riley uncovers the connection between her stories she finds herself chasing the biggest — and most dangerous — story of her career.

In addition to being a fast-paced mystery, “Delivering Death” is also the story of working in the
Traci
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delivering Death (January 2014) is award-winning author Julie Kramer’s latest book in her mystery series featuring Riley Spartz, a TV investigative reporter. Having had a career herself as a network news journalist, Kramer brings authenticity to her heroine.

The novel begins when an anonymous manila package containing human teeth arrives at Riley Spartz's TV 3 office. She has no idea why she's received them or what they mean, but her reporter nose smells a feature story and she begins
Julesy
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the best book in the Riley Spartz series. The plot and subplots were excellent. As always Bernadette Dunne does a spot-on performance. Why do I think that this may be the last book in the series? It's been over 2.5 years since this was released.

I gave this 4.5 stars, which rounds up to 5 stars.
Kat
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book Him Danno
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!! When I opened the mail and this book was there I screamed…yeah sometimes it really pays off to be a book reviewer, because I get this book months before the rest of the world…that said I loved this book. I did guess what was going to happen at the end, but it had me doing a happy dance.

I do not want to give the plot away, but Riley gets herself tangled up with a criminal and danger lurks all around her…like usual. But, the dialogue is quick, the writing is fast paced and I couldn’t
Karen
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have read every book in this series to date and have loved them all. This is the first book in this series not to have a name in the title (Silencing Sam, Stalking Susan, etc.) -- not that that's a big deal or anything. Anyway... This series is on of my favorites. In this entry, news reporter Riley Spartz is hunting down someone who blows up people. If that weren't enough, someone sends her an envelope of human teeth. Thus she starts hunting the story behind the teeth and finds more than she ...more
Kathleen Hagen
Delivering Death, by Julie Kramer, b-plus, Narrated by Bernadette Dunn, Produced by Dreamscape Audio LLC, downloaded from audible.com.

When TV reporter Riley Spartz receives a package of rotting human teeth in the mail at work one day, she has no idea where they came from, who they belonged to, or why they were sent to her. She turns them over to the police, and soon she's embroiled in a homicide investigation that spirals into one of the odder cases the Minneapolis police force have ever seen.
Jo Dervan
Oct 08, 2013 rated it liked it
his is one in a series of books about Riley Spartz, a TV news reporter in Minneapolis. This story begins when Riley receives a set of human teeth in the mail at her station. The story continues with the incarceration of a white collar criminal, Jack Clemens. Jack has had a hard time in jail until he asks a gang leader for protection. Soon money is being sent by an outside source and eventually Jack is killed. However Jack's death leads to several other problems including the identification of ...more
Denise
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is Julie Kramer’s sixth book in the Riley Spartz series. Julie gets right into the mystery at the very beginning of the novel. Riley receives a mysterious package with no return address which contains a set of teeth. She embarks on her investigation into who sent her this package and to whom the teeth belong. Riley finds herself in some interesting situations during the course of her investigation. Along the way she deals with an ex, finds a new love interest and investigates a crime all ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Just Watch Me (Riley Wolfe #1)
  • The Crooked Street (Frost Easton, #3)
  • Misery Bay (Alex McKnight, #8)
  • The Old Success (Richard Jury, #25)
  • Tularosa (Kevin Kerney, #1)
  • Let Justice Descend (Gardiner and Renner #5)
  • Desolation Mountain (Cork O'Connor, #17)
  • Dust (Richard Jury, #21)
  • The Black Cat (Richard Jury, #22)
  • My Life as a Rat
  • The Whispering City
  • The A List (Ali Reynolds, #14)
  • The Life I Left Behind
  • Shamed (Kate Burkholder, #11)
  • Angels of Detroit
  • Winter at the Door (Lizzie Snow, #1)
  • Vertigo 42 (Richard Jury, #23)
  • The Last Good Girl (Anna Curtis, #5)
Julie Kramer has moved from journalist to novelist. She writes a mystery series set in the desperate world of television news—a world she knows well from her career working as a freelance news producer for NBC and CBS, as well as running the acclaimed WCCO-TV I-Team in Minneapolis.

Her thrillers, STALKING SUSAN, MISSING MARK, SILENCING SAM, KILLING KATE, SHUNNING SARAH and soon to come - DELIVERING

Riley Spartz (6 books)
  • Stalking Susan (Riley Spartz, #1)
  • Missing Mark (Riley Spartz, #2)
  • Silencing Sam (Riley Spartz, #3)
  • Killing Kate (Riley Spartz, #4)
  • Shunning Sarah (Riley Spartz, #5)