Start by marking “It's Probably Nothing...*: *Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love My Implants” as Want to Read:

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Daring, sly, and unlike any other book you’ve read, this memoir-in-poems tackles cancer with a bawdy wit guaranteed to make you laugh your wig off.

WHAT TO DO WHEN CANCER STRIKES? As a vibrant woman in her late thirties, a mother of two, poet, artist, and teacher, Micki Myers decided to confront her diagnosis head on with the sharpest tools in her arsenal: namely, her sense
Published October 1st 2013 by Simon Schuster

To ask other readers questions about It's Probably Nothing...*, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Probably Nothing...*

Peggy
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So when you click on five stars it says, "It was amazing." Those aren't the words I would use unless I continued the sentence. "It was amazing that Micki Myers could write poems about having breast cancer that made me laugh out loud and want to share the poems with anyone in my vicinity." Which folks can vouch I have been doing this week. I also laughed aloud on the bus. Now I confess that I have not had breast cancer so it may seem unfair for me to find this book so funny. However, I have accom ...more
Roz Warren
Feb 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Light Verse. Tough Topic.

Give a clever and acerbic 40ish poet a breast cancer diagnosis and what do you get? “It’s Probably Nothing…Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love My Implants,” a harrowing yet engaging new collection of poems about breast cancer.

Micki Myers is a poet, blogger, teacher and mom, born in London but currently living and teaching in Pittsburgh. “Having survived a particularly vicious bout of breast cancer,” she writes, “I emerged with new fake boobs and a determination
Stacy
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
*I won an advanced uncorrected proof of this book from the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.*

It's Probably Nothing was a really good book. I loved the format of it: poems that, together, formed a memoir. Micki Myers' humor was admirable. I highly recommend this memoir. It is a quick read, and it is so honest and touching. I cannot wait to read the finished version.
Jo
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I never thought a memoir about a cancer patient could possibly be funny, but Micki Myers proved me wrong. Her honest, down-to-earth, politically incorrect attitude toward her situation tells the world she isn’t going down without a fight. This is a good read about a hard subject. Cancer patients and those who love them will appreciate this book.
Beverly
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
got this book as a goodreads giveaway. This is a book of poems about surviving the whirlwind of cancer therapy and loosing your boobs. Having been thru this myself, I found these poems uplifting in spirit, especially about the weekly visits to get pumped up ( I called mine hockey pucks). I like her "Yeah, I survived it" pluck, especially from one so young.
Dianna
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should take some time to read this. The memoir in poems format is beautiful.
Melanie Page
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review now up at Grab the Lapels!

Here is an excerpt:

My negative feelings about these descriptive poems stemmed from the fact that they were more truth that I wanted to know. Such truth is a strength of the collection, though, as not knowing about things that can hurt doesn’t benefit me in any way. Claiming the poems are funny, however, made me ill-prepared for the serious nature of the collection.
Bailey Myers
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cancer patients, survivors and family members
Shelves: funny-memoirs, 2014
An interesting collection of poems composed by Micki Myers that recount her cancer diagnosis, treatment and remission. I commend Micki for her courage and sense of humor during this dark time. I would not really consider this collection "humorous", but it does take a deeper look into cancer treatment with a positive, laugh-because-she-can't-cry kind of attitude. Definitely an interesting read for anyone, not just necessarily for patients and survivors.
Sally Koslow
Oct 22, 2013
Micki Myers
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nurul Fathihah
Elizabeth
Jan 09, 2014
Peter Galbavy
Aug 20, 2013
I am a writer originally from England who has lived and worked in the United States for 25 years. I taught poetry and literature at the University of Pittsburgh for many years before venturing into blogging.

My first book, Trigger Finger, won the Pearl Poetry Prize and considers what happens when we snap moments in time, as with a camera, a remote control, or a gun.

At age 39 I discovered I had br