Start by marking “Bake It, Don't Fake It” as Want to Read:
Bake It, Don't Fake It

Bake It, Don't Fake It

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Create show-stopping desserts and get them on the table in no time with this fully illustrated, step-by-step guide from the Rachael Ray Presents line.

Looking to impress your friends and family with decadent desserts but afraid you lack the skills to pull it off? Are you reaching for that packaged cake mix and can of frosting instead of whipping something up from scratch? F
Published November 19th 2013 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Bake It, Don't Fake It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bake It, Don't Fake It

Jude Morrissey
Dec 09, 2013 Jude Morrissey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Christmas Review Special!!

This is the perfect book for a budding pastry chef - or a more seasoned amateur (hint, hint - the library will only let me keep it for so long). Clear directions, beautiful pictures, diagrams when needed, definitions, helpful hints - all given with the personal and friendly voice of the author. Bertinetti takes you from a basic yellow cake to pistachio cupcakes with Meyer lemon frosting, topped with chopped pistachios and candied lemon. There are also tips for peeling p
Katherine
May 26, 2014 Katherine rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2014
Straight forward, easy to understand recipes...only caution is the serving size of the recipes...several of the cake and brownie recipes I have tried yield FAR more batter than expected. But everything has been delicious so far.
Maria
Mar 16, 2015 Maria rated it it was ok
Couldn't get into this.
Jina
May 15, 2014 Jina rated it it was amazing
I have been interested and wanting to get into baking and decided to pick this book up.
The layout of the book is nice and the tips are great as well.

I haven't made anything yet but the directions and ingredients are ones that are available at local grocery stores which is another advantage. I am definitely going to have to try making a homemade cake and icing soon.

I would recommend this book for not only beginners or someone who is interested in baking but experienced bakers as well!
Naomi
Mar 15, 2014 Naomi rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this easy to use cookbook with some more complex recipes in it. As one who won't purchased processed desserts, this will bring some more unusual recipes to my dessert offerings. There were even a couple of bread/scone recipes. Just a unique type of cookbook that allows even the most novice bakers a chance at some beautiful offerings.
Linda
May 06, 2014 Linda rated it liked it
Many of the recipes are simple enough to make you want to return to the make your own rather than store-bought desserts. With my new less is more mantra, having fewer desserts and having them be better because of the slightly more prep time.
Feb 20, 2014 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had to read this after finding out Bertinetti is a Westwood resident. The forward by Rachel Ray, a vocal non-baker, wasn't that promising. But the book is actually very useful for the beginning to intermediate baker. Her instructions are thorough, and the pictures are beautiful. She explains techniques carefully and adds extra 'chefs tips' to help things look better or explain how things work. She also includes a glossary and equipment guide.

My only problem with this book is that it sounds lik
Gwen
Jul 13, 2016 Gwen rated it really liked it
A great book for beginner and advanced bakers alike. I've always wanted to be more confident in my baking, without becoming frustrated, and this collection of familiar and somewhat adventurous recipes fits the bill nicely.
Heydi Smith
Jan 05, 2015 Heydi Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-non-fic
Very lovely, east to follow random collection of dessert recipes. This would make a great gift.
Trish
Mar 17, 2014 Trish rated it really liked it
Love the title of this book. It has really yummy recipes inside that seem easy to make!
Lisa
Dec 26, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
everything looked pretty good i copied a couple of recipes to try so we will see what happens. the only problem that i had was the huge amount of butter that went into almost every recipe. way too much
Rhea Mathias
Rhea Mathias marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Ann James
Ann James rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Anne Giantonio
Anne Giantonio marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Smitha Reddy
Smitha Reddy marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Bastien Kirsch
Bastien Kirsch marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
elin
elin marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Gopi Balaraman
Gopi Balaraman marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Kanana Gitonga
Kanana Gitonga marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
T
T rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
C Johnson
C Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Babejan
Babejan rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2015