Start by marking “Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)” as Want to Read:
Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)

Four Seconds to Lose

(Ten Tiny Breaths #3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  16,253 ratings  ·  1,307 reviews
When a gorgeous young dancer walks through his door, a strip club owner must decide whether to follow his rules or his heart in the third novel by the author of One Tiny Lie and Ten Tiny Breaths.

Owning a strip club isn’t the fantasy most guys expect it to be. With long hours, a staff with enough issues to keep a psych ward in business, and the police regularly on his case,
Published November 4th 2013 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Four Seconds to Lose, please sign up.
Brenda This one can definitely be read as a standalone. It has little references to the others outside of mentioning a few characters.

·  16,253 ratings  ·  1,307 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

Seconds to win them over,
And seconds to lose them.
-- CAIN

Engaging, sexy and addictive, Four Seconds To Lose was a phenomenal addition to one of my favorite series!! It kept
Pearl Angeli
"We are simply two good people with equally flawed pasts, looking for perfect futures. And I think we've found it, in each other."

4.5 Stars!

I knew I would love this book the moment I've read its premise because, omg it's all about Cain! This man made me feel drawn to him when I've read about his character in Ten Tiny Breaths. And when I learned that he's a part of this series, I was so hyped!

Four Seconds to Lose is quite different compared to the previous books of this series mainly because
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Seconds to win them over, And seconds to lose them.”

I can't believe I've waited this long to read this book. Ten Tiny Breaths is one of my all times favs, and I loved
Christy
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!

photo cf1446c4-8d9a-49e7-bb36-4675efde92a7_zpseb7c6799.jpg

Four Seconds to Lose is a moving, suspenseful, sexy, beautiful and well written addition to the Ten Tiny Breaths series.
Seconds to win them over,
And seconds to
Patrycja
Jun 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, reviewed
3 stars

Four Seconds To Lose is third book in Ten Tiny Breaths series, and this time around we are able to see more of broody, mysterious strip club owner, Cain Ford. The man I was pinning after from the moment I learnt about him. He just sounded so yummy and alpha enough to drool. I couldn’t contain my excitement when I finally had Four Seconds To Lose on my ereader. I expected something out of this world sexy, sensual and romantic.

My internal romance junkie wanted to read epic romance that wi
Jacqueline's Reads

6 Emotionally- Epic-Roller-Coaster-Dramatic-Stars

What can happen in four seconds?

Words cannot convey how much I love this book. I have to write a little intro, so if you are bored by lengthy reviews, I would advise you skip this part. Four Seconds to Lose (FSTL) was EXACTLY want I needed and wanted. It was emotionally driven and well written. Everything worked for me, from the character development, to the depth of detail, to the story line, to the issues, to the dialogue flow, EVERYTHING!

I nee
Jennifer Kyle
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Well done K.A. Tucker!

Loved the story and just loved both characters.

“For all that I hate about what I’ve done, there’s one thing I can’t regret. It led me to him.”

description

Mystery, Suspense, sexy Cain Ford and one great hea!

"We are simply two good people with equally flawed pasts, looking for perfect futures."

description

Only negative for me was that the story was a bit on the long side. Other than being a long story, it was a very good read and I would love to see Cain again!

"Always be ready, son.
Aimen
5 'You Only Have Seconds' Stars!

Charlie

Cain

K.A. Tucker has done it again! This book was so incredibly amazing! I have to say, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this book because we didn't really get to see Cain in the previous two books, being the closed-off mysterious person he was. But once I did get to know him, I was hooked! And his story was exceptionally interesting.

Cain was a fighter. Always has been in, and is some ways, always will be. As a teenager, he did a lot of undergroun
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
My Thoughts:

✦ We finally get Cain's story, the notorious but sweet strip club owner and ex-boss of both Storm and Kacey.

✦ Let me repeat that "strip club owner"...this book is much darker and grittier than the prior two books. *fair warning*

✦ The whole "Penny" situation was really intriguing and while I did ~sort of~ like the little twist, I almost felt it was too much...?

✦ Charlie is very mature for her age...and Cain is much older. When I found out the truth, it was a little weird.

✦ The othe
Michelle
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Stars!
I didn't love this one like I did the first two. For one thing I didn't feel the connection between Cain and Charlie.
Cain's past is not pretty. Growing up with bad parents Cain takes to illegal fighting. When his family is murdered he decides to reach out to women that are in trouble like his sister was and opens a strip club. He's a really good guy. He doesn't cheat the girls out of their money. He encourages them to go to college. He does not tolerate drug use. So when one of his girl
Mac
Jun 07, 2013 added it
I would personally like to see raegan and grant's story
Ramona
There are no words to describe how much I loved this book. I am a big fan of Kathleen’s work and every story is pure joy for me. Her talent is amazing and out of this world, bringing the reader a genuine and raw life lesson for him to cherish a long loooong time and pass it to others.

Although I loved Kacey and Olivia, I cannot prevent from falling deeper in love with Charlie and Cain’s story, because it was something else, something that kept me up all night and made me read the book in only 24
Ilze
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
✮It really pains me to write this review and give this book only two stars, but we have to be honest, right?

I will start by saying that I absolutely loved the first two books of the Ten Tiny Breaths series, and K.A. Tucker is one of my favorite authors! However, this book was a real letdown for me. I don't know, maybe it was because previous two books were really great or maybe it was because it took me such a long time to finish it...

I started reading the book on December 4th, 2013 and I was s
Geri Reads
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 solid stars!!

The third installment in the series, Four Seconds to Lose sets itself apart from the other books by being darker and grittier. This is Cain's story.

Cain is the owner of strip club, Penny's Palace, where Kacey previously worked as a bartender. We also know from previous books that Cain opened Penny's after one of its dancer was brutally murdered. It was hinted that Cain and Penny, the girl who was murdered, had a thing. Here, the circumstances surrounding Penny and Cain were expla
Bindi Boo
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

Slow burn of intense attraction and i ADORED the hero, but i hated how everything was resolved at only 90% of the book. Would have loved to see the main characters indulge in each other without secrets pulling them back.

Brenna
K.A. Tucker has not disappointed me yet. I’ve been wanting to read Four Seconds to Lose for ages and it was definitely worth the wait. I loved it!

I’ve been intrigued by Cain from the first time we met his in Ten Tiny Breaths. He’s mysterious and intense and we know he has a tragic story, so finally learning more about him and getting in his head was amazing.
I believe guilt is a powerful motivator.
I believe redemption is something you can strive for but
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4--Second Chance--Stars!!

Seconds to win them over, And seconds to lose them.”

Four Seconds to Lose is Cain and Charlie's story.

Cain's past was riddled with pain, loss, hurt and
Brandi
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
A suspenseful, slow burn romance with a lots of sexual tension. I really enjoyed Cain and Charlie's story.

Geo Marcovici
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ce carte! Cu siguranta a fost intensa si pe muchie de cuțit!
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
If you remember Cain Ford, he's the owner of Penny's --a strip club where Kacey Cleary bartended. His character intrigued me because he got this mysterious vibe. He's lethal man with a dark past and anyone who messes with or his employees, he'll take you down. He's a man of few words, generous, sexy and unpredictable. He only trusted a few people and inexperienced on dating life. He only prefers no-strings-attached.

When Charlie Rourke stepped in his club looking for a job as a stripper, he find
Beeg Panda
♥Rachel♥
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed the first books of this series, so I was looking forward to getting Cain, the controlled strip club owner’s story. Four Seconds to Lose was definitely darker than the first two, but just as addictive.

Cain is a noble type strip club owner. Sounds contradictory, right? I know but as I got to know him through this series and this story that’s exactly how I’d describe him. Motivated by the murder of his sister, Cain strives to make up for the past by running a club where girls cou
Kelena
just received my copy!!!!!!!
Oh-MY-STARS!!!!!!!!
Vanessa
4.25 Saving Stars!

photo Four Seconds to Lose_zpsmpq7vku9.jpg

Finally!! This was my first K.A. Tucker read!! An author I had been wanting to read for years but she kept hanging out in the depths of my TBR. By just a few pages in, I could tell that this woman is a born writer.

photo 8331999_zpssakwtikf.png "I believe you don’t have years, or months, or weeks to impact a person’s life. You have seconds. Seconds to win them over, And seconds to lose them."

This book has been out for a few years, and already has a ton of reviews so I'll keep this short and sweet! Basic
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Fantastic. Seriously. My favorite of the series so far (and that's saying a lot because I loved Ten Tiny Breaths)

I ADORE Cain. He was an incredible, perfect mix of sexy alpha and sensitive guy. *swoon*

I also loved Charlie. She didn't fall into any of the stupid heroine pitfalls that seem to plague most of the books I read these days - and dispute her very dramatic circumstances, I found her to be a very relatable character.

The plot was great, the romance was great, the characters were
Harlow
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You have seconds.
Seconds to win them over, And seconds to lose them.

Once again, even after all this time, K.A. Tucker managed to astound me.
Rose
Initial reaction:

Changed my mind, I'll probably finish this out to the rest of the series, but I'm still not hooked because of so many problems with the narrative in measures. Hopefully I can expound on that in this review shortly.

Full review:

Nooo, I don't want to lose four seconds, I actually LIKE those four seconds! Whyyyy?

Kidding. =P I figure I'd start this review on something of a lighthearted note because this is going to be a tough review, and by tough I mean...I don't like writing this, b
Cristina
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four Seconds To Lose was the third book in the series and it seemed to me, the hardest to read. I got stuck with it for a month... It just didn't connect with me.
And this is not a good thing, considering that the first 2 books in the series were so good and made me devour their pages.
Anyway, about this book: Charlie and Cain had a rough start and a complicated story (both of them). But sometimes a complicated past, is the remedy to a broken heart. In this case, it was.
Sam... I have no words f
Autumn Review
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, review, beta, arc
Four Seconds To Lose is, without a doubt, one of my favorite books of the year. I'll even go a step further and say that it makes my Top Three books of the year. The twists, turns, and surprises kept me on my toes. This book is a must-read!

I've been dying for Cain to get a book since the first time I met him in Ten Tiny Breaths. He's a bit of a mystery and I could tell he was going to have a great story to tell. His past has made him into the man he is, but he's worked hard to turn his life into
Angigames
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Di solito, in una serie composta da più libri, è sempre il primo volume ad avere il maggior successo. I seguiti non sono altro che la pallida imitazione della bellezza della storia precedente. Non è questo il caso. Pur avendo apprezzato molto i suoi predecessori, ancora con la Tucker non era scattata la scintilla.
Con questo libro, però, l’autrice dimostra di saper scrivere con uno slancio che lascia avvinghiati all’intera storia.
Già dai volumi precedenti si intuiva che il personaggio di Cain a
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • A Little Too Much (A Little Too Far, #2)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • Dark Frame (East Park, #2)
  • Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)
  • Bold Tricks (The Artists Trilogy, #3)
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
  • Near and Far (Lost & Found, #2)
  • The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)
  • Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3)
  • Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken, #3)
  • Falling into Us (Falling, #2)
  • Sempre: Redemption (Sempre, #2)
  • By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)
  • Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Perfect Kind of Trouble (Finding Fate, #2)
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the USA Today bestselling author of 17 books, including the Causal Enchantment, Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water series, He Will Be My Ruin, Until It Fades, Keep Her Safe, and The Simple Wild.

Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, First for Women, and Publisher's

Ten Tiny Breaths (4 books)
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
89 likes
“She’s the woman who stole my heart right out from me before I even realized she had her hands on it.” 25 likes