Start by marking “Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rhythm and Bluegrass (Bluegrass, #2)

Rhythm and Bluegrass

(Bluegrass #2)

Bonnie Turkle, multimedia historian for the Kentucky Commission of Tourism, is dispatched to Mud Creek, a tiny eastern Kentucky town, with few prospects but many oddballs, to rescue important artifacts from McBride’s Music Hall. Now fallen beyond disrepair, McBride’s was once a jewel of the early American music scene, an intersection of the country-western and rhythm and b ...more
Published October 7th 2013 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Rhythm and Bluegrass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rhythm and Bluegrass

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
After meeting the author of "And One Last Thing ..." last week in Berlin, I wanted to read something similar to it. "And One Last Thing..." is a book I truly adored. Fun, charming and sexy, I can easily put it on my shelf of " happy place" books— a book I'll enjoy returning to anytime. I know she has a very successful and loved PNR series but I wasn't sure I was in the right mood for that yet.

I came across the blurb of "Rhythm and Bluegrass" and decided to give it a try.
Overall a very cute read
Duchess Nicole
Cute and mildly amusing. Not Molly Harper's best, though. Everything in this book just seemed very middle of the road. The humor is sometimes clever, sometimes blah. The romance is low angst and slow progressing but ever present. The story is one of a history buff who's hit the jackpot in a small town in Kentucky...an abandoned music hall that was a musical hot spot decades ago. Now she gets to dig around in the past, preserving old posters and stage costumes, all while living in a dumpy little ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I love this author and her humor. Those this book fell a little short for me. I thought Bonnie gave in too easily to Will after the shit he pulled. She claimed to make him work for it, but never did. Still it was a super cute story.
Karla

3 Stars! Meh...I've read better from this author.

There's a little bit of romance and some humor, but overall this is a story about a young woman finding her footing in life. I did enjoy the small town setting, the prideful people and the real life references of the economy's impact on everyone, but I was never fully drawn in to Bonnie and her plight.

I did enjoy the first book int this series, My Bluegrass Baby, but I'm not sure if I'll continue onto the next one.

I think Molly Harper's true cal
Feminista
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Rating 3.5 out of 5

The second novel in the Bluegrass series, Rhythm and Bluegrass can be read as a stand alone. Although, I can say that I have been really really wanting to read My Bluegrass Baby, for which I received an ARC that expired before I could read it. And sadly enough, Amazon has no kindle copies of the first book. Anyway, back to this second book.

I like Molly Harper's writing. She writes quirky characters and conversations. Her lighting is light. But I found myself slightly disappoin
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, audiobook, steamy
My least favorite Molly Harper book to date. That's not as negative as it sounds, though it's not great, either. This is particularly a disappointment after enjoying the first Bluegrass novel, My Bluegrass Baby, so much.

I liked Bonnie well enough. She's kind and competent and really does see her job as one dedicated to service—specifically the service of preserving historically significant artifacts (be they buildings, photographs, or even more ephemeral things like lyrics and stories). This wor
● ᴢᴏᴇʏ ●
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
...it was okay. This is particularly jarring due to Molly’s typical bar of excellence, which hovers around Jupiter. I actually abandoned the book to read another and then returned to finish it, which really says it all.
Christi Snow
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Review:
This is book #2 in the series, but it should be noted that it actually takes place before book #1. I have no idea why they were released like that, but obviously both books work perfectly well as stand-alone novels. Book #1 just explains how the tourism board works in Kentucky, but since Bonnie (the heroine in this book is hardly ever in the main office, it really doesn't affect this book.)

This book is about Bonnie. She's the historian for the Kentucky tourism board and has been brough
Ian
Bonnie is an historian working for the Kentucky Commission of Tourism. She leads a transient life, spending a few months in a town before moving onto the next job. When she hears about a music hall in Mud Creek that is slated to be torn down to make way for a factory she rushes to the area to try and save as much of the musical heritage as she can.

Will McBride is the mayor of Mud Creek and his town needs the factory and the jobs it will provide. He's less interested in heritage than the fact th
Dotti Elrick
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love Molly Harper. And have read her two paranormal series'. Her Bluegrass series is what I lovingly call just plain Chick Lit. Great love stories, very funny, with characters that are a great combination of lovable and odd ball.

Bonnie Turkle is the historian for the Kentucky Commission of Tourism. She has been dispatched to the small Eastern Kentucky town of Mud Creek, to catalog and inventory historical items from McBride's Music Hall before it is torn down to make room for a new factory.

Mc
Jul 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

First Thought:
No fur or fangs required; although there is some biting going on during the smexy times.

The Story:
Bonnie is a quirky historian that just wants to save the Mud Creek's music hall.  Will just wants the hall gone so that Comfy Cheeks, a big underwear company can build a factory in the hall's place so that the small town he loves can get much-needed jobs.

Bonnie and Will have chemistry the minute they meet on the side of the road outside of M
Laurie: Almost Faemous
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got a copy of Rhythm and Bluegrass from Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review. I don't normally read or really review straight romances but I love Molly Harper, her books are hilarious so I thought I would give this one a shot. I didn't realize that this was the second book in a series or that it even was a series, so yeah you can read it as a stand alone for sure.

Molly Harper is one of my go to authors when I am looking for something funny and light hearted to read and Rhythm and
Ted Lehmann
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: readers of romance fiction

I selected "Rhythm and Bluegrass" because I write extensively about bluegrass music and seek to read all new books written about the genre. I was disappointed in this goal, as "Rhythm and Bluegrass" is actually a romance which takes place in the bluegrass state of Kentucky and deals with a country music topic as well as containing some pretty steamy sex which might be characterized as rhythmic. By the time I realized what I had picked up, I was far enough into the book to find out how it came o
Rachel
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I think this officially makes me a reader/listener of romance novels. Apparently I will listen to anything Molly Harper writes and Amanda Ronconi narrates. Send help.
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

***warning...this review is a bit spoilerish***

This was a pretty good story. I liked Bonnie and Will and enjoyed their story.

Bonnie works for the Kentucky Commission of Tourism traveling around the state working on projects. She's enjoyed this and the work she does but finds that she's wanting to get off the road. Her travelling doesn't give her much of a personal life (for friends or more) and she's asked her boss for an office position but at this point things don't look likely. Bo
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
The second story in Ms. Harper’s entertaining Bluegrass series follows Bonnie Turkle, a historian with Kentucky’s Commission on Tourism. Although the story is loosely tied to the first book in the series, it is completely standalone, and I think it takes place before the first book, as it mentions her boss’s boss, Ray, who retires in book 1: My Bluegrass Baby.

Bonnie loves history, especially preserving small town Kentucky’s unique stories. So when she discovers how amazing the closed down McBrid
I was so happy when I saw that Molly Harper was continuing her series about the Kentucky Commission of Tourism. My Bluegrass Baby is one of my favorite reads this year and I couldn't wait to learn more about the crazy people who work at the Commission. I will admit that I was kinda hoping office assistant extraordinaire, Kelsey, would finally admit her feelings to the resident IT geek, Charles, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed Bonnie and Will's story.

Bonnie is another quirky,
Love Reading Romance
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bonnie Turkle arrives in Mud Creek with a bang... literally. Her car catches fire and although she gets out in time, her baby (read: her laptop) is still inside. Never fear, Will McBride, Mayor of Mud Creek, is driving by and comes to the rescue. Needless to say, sparks begin to fly and not just those from the burning vehicle. Unfortunately, Bonnie is in town to restore the artefacts of the local music hall, which Will has ties to and which the town intends to pull down to replace with a factory ...more
Letitia
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: B ... Heat: Warm

Bonnie Turkel is a silver lining kind of girl. Happy go lucky, she always see's the bright side of things. As part of the Kentucky Tourism Commission, Bonnie travels Kentucky to find artifacts and preserve them. Being on the road all the time, Bonnie lives a nomadic lifestyle—never in one place too long, never putting down roots. Bonnie’s latest assignment takes her to the small, backwater town of Mud Creek and McBride’s Music Hall, a local landmark with a ton of history

Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
Title: "Rhythm and Bluegrass" - Book 2, Bluegrass Series
Written by: Molly Harper
Narrated by: Amanda Ronconi
Format: audiobook via audible.com
Overall rating: 3.75/5 stars
Performance: 5/5 stars (AR is THE BEST!)
Story: 3.25/5 stars
Started reading/listening: 03.23.15; completed: 03.35.15
Overall impression; Easy, breezy! :))

Brief remarks:

My I just begin by saying, I think Amanda Ronconi is one of, if not THE, BEST narrators in the business?! I buy books because she is reading them, at times!

As this s
Saly
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating 3.5 stars
Molly Harper writes books that are hilarious, I mean really, she doesn't mind making her characters do crazy things and that is what Rhythm and Bluegrass has, a crazy town, crazy characters, crazy fun!

Bonnie, the heroine leads a nomadic lifestyle moving from place to place and now she has the chance to recover historical things from a music auditorium that has been closed down. Her welcome into the town is when her car burns down and she meets a sexy cowboy who turns out to be th
Vickie
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another successful coupling of Molly Harper's writing and Amanda Ronconi's narrating. This time the character is Bonnie Turkel, the multimedia historian for the Kentucky Tourism Commission and it takes place in small-town Kentucky. I just love a Kentucky setting (my home state) and Harper does a tremendous job capturing the emotions of Kentuckians.

I can't wait to listen to the next book in the series!
Marjo
My lowest Molly Harper rating, and I am bumping it up because it's her. To be honest, if it had been anyone else, I could have quit on the book at chapter 10. The actions of the male lead in chapter 10 destroyed any realistic romance that might have been built.
Bettynz
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
The only book I've managed to finish in 8 weeks, 7 1/2 of them with one or both legs in plaster or a moonboot. A captive audience you could say. Nothing has managed to hold my attention, however this was just what I needed, especially with Amanda Ronconi on the audio version.
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun contemporary tale with Amanda Ronconi's expert narration.
Kathy
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, romance
Bmeyer
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed this book because of it's light-hearted nature and humorous story line overall but I did have some concerns about the relationship between the two main characters.
Early on we learn that Bonnie's friend Kelsey is in a relationship where she suffers financial abuse from her boyfriend (the boyfriend opens credit cards in Kelsey's name, steals money from her, etc.) and Bonnie rightfully points this out to her friend with real concern. Not much more than a chapter later, Bonnie's love inte
Kaycee
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one but not as much as the first book. This one just seemed to work out a little too well. The conflict just didn't seem like that much of an issue. Which is good for the character, ha, but it wasn't as compelling as book 1.

On to book 3!
Carrie
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Molly Harper's contemporary romances do not match her paranormal romances in humor or characterization, but they are still a cut above.
Jules Poet
Nov 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a good romance book but not as good as the first. Bonnie was just a little difficult to relate to. But I'd still recommend it to romance lovers.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• That Touch of Magic (Nodaway Falls, #2)
  • How Beauty Saved the Beast (Tales of the Underlight #2)
  • The Undead In My Bed (Dark Ones #10.5; Half-Moon Hollow #2.5; Midnight Liaisons #1.5)
  • From Russia With Claws (From Russia..., #1)
  • Risky (Torn Between Two Lovers #2)
  • Some Kind of Wonderful (Cupcake Lovers #3.5)
  • The Vampire Hunter (In the Company of Vampires #2)
  • Tempting Trouble
  • Window (Paris Secrets, #1)
  • Command Performance
  • Size Matters (Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #2)
  • Shatter (Phoenix Rising, #4)
  • Unforgettable (The Dalton Gang, #3)
  • The Five Deaths of Roxanne Love (Beyond, #1)
  • The Duke's Match Girl (Fiery Tales, #3)
  • Her Sexiest Mistake
  • Unbreakable (Section 8, #2)
  • Bad Nights (Rockfort Security, #1)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor

Bluegrass (3 books)
  • My Bluegrass Baby (Bluegrass, #1)
  • Snow Falling on Bluegrass (Bluegrass, #3)
“You can’t just leave a Mississippi Mud Mountain half-eaten! We leave no cupcake behind!” 0 likes