Start by marking “The Law of the Jungle” as Want to Read:
The Law of the Jungle

Read Book

The Law of the Jungle

Henry Kadison is a shy farm boy from Nebraska who meets worldly millionaire playboy Blake Martin in a New York City nightclub. Coming from an extremely conservative background, Henry wants to experience all that New York City has to offer, and Blake would love to be his teacher.

A short erotic m/m story that comes in at 7,000 words.
ebook, Third, 22 pages
Published May 30th 2017 by SH Publishing (first published March 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Law of the Jungle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law of the Jungle

Sandra
Mar 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Hmmm... well, I liked this alright. It had a few cheesy lines, but I'm OK with that. The problem was in trying to throw in a miscommunication. If things had ran their normal course it probably would have been a 4 stars, but that one scene kind of made me hate Blake a little. (view spoiler) ...more
T.M. Smith
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Short, Sexy and Steamy.. my three favorite colors! If you are looking for a quick read with some extremely passionate guy on guy action then this is the story for you.

Henry Kadison is at a nightclub with some friends sitting in the corner, nursing his sprite as the DD when tall, dark and smoldering Blake approaches him. Blake is everything Henry is not. Sexy, successful and comfortable with his sexuality. Henry’s inexperience is endearing for Blake and he decides he must have him. Young Henry i
Shelby
This really didn't work for me despite being relatively well written. I just had nothing to connect to the characters with. It's so short and they know nothing about each other.

Blake is the rich boy determined to prove himself and not be taken for his money and Henry is the naive innocent Nebraska farm boy. Blake takes one look at Henry from across his club and decides he's it. For a virgin Henry is quite content to just go with whatever Blake wants.

I really didn't feel that much connection be
Bev

2.5 stars. Another freebie from ARe, I just don't get these insta-love stories unfortunately...how is it possible?? Anyhoo, at least the characters in this one were OK, especially Henry. Recommended if you've got nothing better to read.
Cindi
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice short story about a small town boy (Henry) hooking up with a rich man (Blake) in New York City. Blake is not the most likable character at times but he somewhat redeems himself later. Henry, I loved. It has a nice HFN ending. I would be curious to see what happens next.

Nice, quick read.
Tami
May 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Insta-love cinderefella short story. Mostly uninteresting.
Christy
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Gay Romance, First Discovery,
Blake has been burned twice in his life once by Jeremy a guy he thought he could really make something with. However, Jeremy was just messing around until he could marry his girlfriend. Right after Jeremy Blake married trying to prove to his self that he was not gay, but after a divorce and finding out that his wife just wanted him for his money he came out to the world.

Blake’s got plenty of money and opened his own night club that has a restaurant in it as well. One night he’s in his office lo
Serena Yates
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
The Law of the Jungle, in this case, refers to Blake's habit of hunting for his conquests in the "jungle" of New York City. And as much as Henry, the farm boy from Nebraska, wants to experience everything the big city has to offer, as much does he also feel hunted. Both men have to learn to take into account their differences if this is to be more than a one-night stand.

Blake knows what he wants, and it's not another gold digger. Henry is just what he's looking for, genuine and innocent, and ver
Nic
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
A really enjoyable free story. Nightclub owner and a boy from the farm make an unlikely couple, one powerful and rich and the other innocent and inexperienced. This short story covers their initial meeting and first sexual encounter. I would be interested to read more about this couple and will check out more from these authors.
Linda
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quick read; a young Nebraska farm boy comes to New York for college and to experience life.Nicky meets night club owner And multi- millionaire Blake who is immediately drawn to Nicky and hoping to Be an intergrwl part of nicky's first male/ male sexual experience. I would of liked a little more to the story, but still liked it.
Mandi
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Sweet free read with the possibility of a HEA. The miscommunication part threw me off since it was such a short story.
V
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book needs a sequel ASAP!!!! LOVELY INDEED
H.L. Holston
Mar 10, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
The Law of the Jungle got a new cover (thank you Kellie Dennis) and an inside makeover via new formatting on Amazon. New changes should take effect within the next 48 hours. Thank you!

Shakisha
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Now this I would love to see as a full novel.....alot of potential here. What I did read I obviously enjoyed....
Paris
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, m-m
Cute one night stand with a possibility of HEA.
Megan Sutton
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Work!

I enjoyed the book immensely! It was very enjoyable. I enjoyed how u slowly brought them to a comfortable relaxation tremendously. It was as though u knew exactly what it's like for a gay couple to to be love able and safe when it's their lovers first. You showed how the rich man with a high ego of himself was actually a good man and although he had been done wrong he didn't want the same again or to to give it back as well. How a boy from a small town made a difference in him and
Jennifer Lavoie
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, free-read, gay, romance
This was a cute, short story that can be read right before you're going to bed, which was nice. I wanted a fast, light read, and I got it. True it is predictable because it's about innocent country boy Henry in the city at college, exploring his sexuality and business man Blake who is confident and comfortable in his sexuality and how they meet, but I liked that. I didn't want anything too deep, so this was perfect. Sometimes you need some fluff (even if it's hot fluff)! I would definitely read ...more
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Very short story about Blake a insecure wealthy man and just wanting to find a partner that will love him back equally and when he spots a golden hunk Henry he fells instantly connected to him. Henry was born and raised on a corn farm until when left to New York city for college and he is bi and never really fell for a man but after meeting Blake he feels different in a good way and he learns to explore those feelings with Blake.
Amber Fueston
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-keep
Perfect sexy read for when you only have a few minutes to spare.

This was a very short but oh so sexy story about a man who picks up a guy at the nightclub he owns and the night that follows. The only problem I had with this story is that it just wasn't long enough. It would make a fantastic full length novel.
My Dichotomy Life
Henry, a farm boy moved to the city to go to university meets Blake a fabulously wealthy slightly jaded sweetie. Blake has been hurt in the past, used because of his money and social standing.

One night they meet and Blake believes that this is the beginning of something very special between them.

Delightful short story.
Alex Peralta
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Un libro demasiado corto y muy detallista, solo relata la aventura de una noche de sexo sobre una persona adinerada y con temer al amor xq lo han usado y otro que esta experimentando su homosexualidad, los personajes gay se ven más en una historia erótica que en una novela romántica o fantasia
Ninoshkka
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Eh it was an ok read.. truthfully. This is embarrassing but I'm a few books behind my reading goal and I'm just re-reading these to make everything right in my life. The second reading them, I realized that it wasn't as good as the first time
Daniel Devereux
May 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, gay
I found it to be good, they relied on the word cock a bit too much but all in all it was a fair read.

Bought as a kindle Freebie.
Bea
This was pretty good. Found it for free on Amazon. Very short.
Tara Knoblauch
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Hot

This short was hot and sexy. I'd like the story to be longer perhaps these characters in a full novel.
Diane Dannenfeldt
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cute quick read - very hot.
Isabel
Feb 02, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5*
JP
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice inbetween read! Enjoyed it, even though it wasn't the best I have read.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~

Too short to develop a connection with the characters. Blake came across to me as extremely predatory which made him unlikable.
MKZrey
Jan 11, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf

• Dirty Play
  • By Chance (Courtland Chronicles, #1)
  • Lazy Valentines (Lazy Days #2)
  • Fuzzy (First Impressions, #2)
  • Seduction (Last Stop #1.5)
  • Unlawful (Freedom, #1)
  • Awakening (Gay Erotic Tales, #1)
  • Bayne and Lucas (Dragoste Academy, #1)
  • Swept Away
  • Autopilot Engaged (Turbulence, #2)
  • No Getting Over You
  • Let's Hear It for the Boy
  • See Right Through (Savannah, #1)
  • Darkling Mine
  • Friends or Lovers? (Friends or Lovers, #1)
  • Needing You
  • Yes, Sir
  • Little Jamie
H.L. Holston is a teacher by day and a sometimes author by night. She dreams up ideas with her writing partners Sara York and Eleanor Bruce, but occasionally she ventures out on her own.

She admits she is a horrible blogger, even worse in keeping up on Facebook, and wishes she could retire to New Orleans and eat beignets every day at Café du Monde. Until then, she will tutor writing classes and wr