Start by marking “Glitter and Gunfire (Shadow Agents, #4)” as Want to Read:
Glitter and Gunfire (Shadow Agents, #4)

Glitter and Gunfire

(Shadow Agents #4)

He was assigned to protect her - not make her his own - in this installment of USA TODAY bestselling author Cynthia Eden's Shadow Agents series.

Cale Lane had his orders: keep Cassidy Sherridan alive at all costs. But who sent six armed men storming the Rio ballroom to take her out? The gorgeous party girl wasn't giving it up. Now he had a more urgent mission: uncover Cassi
Published September 1st 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Glitter and Gunfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glitter and Gunfire

Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Already read this one with a different name.

Paula Legate
I really loved this book. This was an action filled, fast paced story. The suspense was also very good. Lots of twist and turns along the way. The romance and friendship between Cale, and Cassidy was sweet! I would recommend Glitter and Gunfire to anyone that enjoys a good action packed romance.

Sample from chapter 2
He shoved the car into drive and slammed the gas pedal down to the floorboard. They raced from the scene with bullets chasing after them. His right hand still held the gun, and his l
Jae

This was just too EASY. I can smell and pin point the bad guy from the start.

And Cale Lane needed a more in-depth background to go with his 'wild-card' demeanor. I remember him being a great dark mystery in book #2 and Cale was a lot hotter then too. No intense or ferocious drama at all here.

Disappointing 3 stars.
Susan
Cale has been assigned to keep Cassidy safe. He has been given no other information about why he is babysitting this party girl. When armed men attempt to take her Cale steps in and keeps her out of their hands. Her actions make him think there's more to her than he had been led to believe. Meanwhile, Cassidy is furious with Cale since she had set herself up as bait so she could stop the man who has been kidnapping and killing her friends. Cale quickly realizes that Cassidy is determined to find ...more
Susanne
3 Action Packed Stars
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
May 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2018
This explains so much: Cassidy is an idiot. I was interested in Cale's story, but this was just a disappointment.
K.K.
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting continuation to a great series. As usual the book was written really well. Full of suspense twists and betrayal. Nothing unexpected from this wonderful series. However, there were more emotional suspense in this book than the former ones.

Saly
Rating 3.25 stars
What a disappointing read and that maybe because I had built this book up so much in mind because it was Cale and who the heroine was but alas it fell short. The heroine was irritating and well seemed reckless, Cale was Cale. The romance, the sexual tension seemed forced. And I so knew who the bad guy was. I smell Drew getting a book.
Susan (susayq ~)
What a great book! Action packed and a little romantic, especially towards the end. This can definitely stand alone even though it's number four in the series. I am going to have to go back and get the previous books.
Lyndi W.
Nov 28, 2016 marked it as d-n-f
A TSTL woman with a death wish seems to think that she can take down a kidnapping slash extortion slash murder ring all by her lonesome. I can't keep reading this nonsense.
Jessica
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I had so much trouble with this book, I loved Cale but hated Cassidy, making it very difficult to rate properly. Cale was great and surpassed all of my expectations I had for him. He was everything I wanted to see and more in his mission. He was always one step ahead with his quick thinking and clever wit. He knew how to approach and apprehend the enemy before they could make a move. He was patient and cunning. His intelligence was unmatched by the others and he pretty much carried the team. I t ...more
Cindy
Aug 03, 2013 rated it liked it
All the right ingredients where here but it just wasnt as strong as the previous books.

Cale Lane was once suspected of being a killer of EOD agents when it was found out he was being framed. This was from the 2nd book in the series. Since then the anticipation of waiting for his story was even more exciting when it was told who his heroine was going to be at the end of the third book. Mercer is the boss of all the EOD agents and when he puts Cale in charge of keeping Cassidy Sherridan safe in R
Kbird
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I almost didn’t read this one because of the reviews about Cassidy, but decided to give it a shot anyway (I already read the first three, might as well continue the saga).

Cassidy was not the issue for me. It was the whole plot and the push and pull between Cale/Cassidy and Cassidy’s father-Mercer, aka head hancho at the EOD. It was one intense scene after another, with a short break in between where Mercer demanded such an such, while Cassidy/Cale decided ‘Nope, we’re going to do this instead’.
Christine Jalili
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and couldn’t stop reading it. Cale is supposed to watch over Cassidy. But he falls for her quickly, but what is she to his boss Mercer? There’s some twists to this story, and I was shocked by the betrayal. Loved getting updates from prior characters including multiple points of view. I did cry towards the end. Totally loved the ending. I highly recommend this book.
Anne
Not quite as good IMO as the previous books. I wasn't really thrilled with the narrator. And I sort of lost focus on what was the bad person's deal with the other bad person. Maybe it was my bad.
Fancift
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Amazing series. Read it in a weekend. Laundry and house cleaning had to wait. Totally recommend if you Love romance.
Myst
Gud dam it! that was a page turning suspense! I really wanted to take Mercer down loads of pegs.
Alison
How annoying I accidentally clicked away and lost the review I had been writing!

Anyway, this is the fourth in the Shadow Agents series and I think Cynthia Eden has really hit her stride. I was very lukewarm about the first novel, Alpha One, although I can't find the review I was convinced I had written! Anyway, when I read Alpha One I had the impression that Ms Eden didn't know very much about the military and so was compensating by inserting a lot of explanations/jargon – too much telling and n
Farah
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books, books
This book is definitely my favorite out of the four books. It was fast paced and full of suspense but what I loved the most about it was the yummy hero main characters.

Cassidy was a brave woman who was way too reckless for her own good , we usually watch heroines running away from danger or trying to hide from it but Cassidy on the other hand was hunting danger down .. she got into all sorts of messed up situations but it was all by choice , she cared so much about other people and risked he
Larena
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary, Suspense, Rio & Washington DC

Cale Lane’s orders were simple, keep Cassidy Sherridan safe no matter what. When six gunmen stormed the Rio ballroom to take her out he has to wonder just what is going on and who is behind it. The party girl isn’t giving any information so Cale is going to have to find a way to get the information if he is going to have a chance at keeping her alive.

Cassidy Sherridan doesn’t need Cale to mess up her cover by playing hero. She is determined to brin
Debbie Heaton
Aug 11, 2013 rated it liked it
In Eden’s romantic suspense novel, as an agent Cale Lane has his orders: keep Cassidy Sheridan alive. When the party girl is stormed by six armed assassins, Cale is left to wonder who would send such an army to take out one woman. Suddenly his mission changes to something more urgent: discover just what secrets Cassidy is hiding. Cassidy isn’t interested in a bodyguard—she only wants to use herself as bait to uncover the ring abducting wealthy women before murdering them. With Cale hanging on he ...more
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
3.5 Stars. This book is the 4th book in the Shadow Agents series but could be read as a stand alone. This book has a lot of action and a nice romance. I liked both Cale and Cassidy although I thought Cassidy had a few TSTL moments. I also wanted more of a background on Cale to understand his "aggressive and violent" reputation. I thought the villain was obvious by the 50% point as well but I still enjoyed the suspense and action. Overall, a very quick read and engaging book although not my favor ...more
Olimpia
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Cynthia Eden. Glitter and Gunfire was a fast moving and action packed novel. Lots of twists and turns throughout and of course a shocking who-done-it that Ms. Eden always puts out. Loved the characters of Cale and Cassidy and it was nice getting to know more of Mercer in this.

A great romantic suspense novel and a great addition to Cynthia Eden’s Shadow Agents series. Can’t wait for her next one.
Sarah Greenwood
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well anything by Cynthia is good. She usually does the paranormal books but this Romance Suspense series is about an Elite Operations Division going into danergous situations to get someone out. Books about strong hero's that will do anything to get the heroine out, falling for her hard at the same time. Love love love these books :)
Jo
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gr2014, 4-5-stars, mine
Another great read! I'm really loving this series. I've been wanting to read Cale's book since the second book in the series, and I was not disappointed. I just loved how he knew what and whom he wanted. No dramas and commitment phobias. A great romance.
Sandhya
It was a very short read....and little bit disappointing also!! I had enjoyed the last one...Gunner and Sydney's story!! But this one, was just ok for me....there was not much into any characters...I felt the author touched only the surface of Cale and Cassidy!!
Maureen Hubley
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Anoher good book about the "Shadow Agents"
Paige
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, 2016-books
Another good one. I enjoyed getting to know Cole and Cassidy.
Elizabeth Mckernan
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I like this book i will have to check out the others in the series!
Raina Lie
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-on
Really? I prefer the first volume.

• Yuletide Protector (The Precinct Task Force, #6; The Precinct #22)
  • Taking Aim (Covert Cowboys, Inc. #2)
  • Fearless (Corcoran Team, #1)
  • Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • For the Baby's Sake
  • The Marshal's Hostage (The Marshals of Maverick County, #1)
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • The Bodyguard's Baby (Colby Agency, #2)
  • Dangerous Memories
  • Cardwell Ranch Trespasser (Cardwell Ranch #3)
  • Falcon's Run (Copper Canyon, #4)
  • The Accused (Mystere Parish: Family Inheritance, #1)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes sexy tales of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over one hundred novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She loves romance novels, horror movies, and chocol

Shadow Agents (8 books)
  • Alpha One (Shadow Agents, #1)
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • Sharpshooter (Shadow Agents, #3)
  • Undercover Captor (Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory, #5)
  • The Girl Next Door (Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory, #6)
  • Evidence of Passion (Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory, #7)
  • Way of the Shadows (Shadow Agents: Guts and Glory, #8)