Start by marking “The Survivor (Mitch Rapp, #14)” as Want to Read:
The Survivor (Mitch Rapp, #14)

The Survivor (Mitch Rapp #14)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  14,717 Ratings  ·  1,021 Reviews
Top secret data has been stolen from the CIA, and the only man who knows its hiding place is dead. CIA operative Mitch Rapp must race to find the classified information in this blistering novel that picks up where The Last Man left off in Vince Flynn’s New York Times bestselling series.

Joseph “Rick” Rickman, former boy wonder at the CIA, stole a massive amount of top secre
Audiobook, eAudiobook
Published October 6th 2015 by Simon & Schuster Audio

Dave Schultz
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to have won an early copy of this long awaited Mitch Rapp novel (Mitch Rapp Ambassador ). Since the unfortunate passing of Vince Flynn, then learning that Kyle Mills would be carrying the Rapp torch I have to admit my expectations were not high. I thought the book would be missing something that only Vince Flynn could bring to life in Mitch Rapp.
Well with that said, fans of this series can rest at ease.
Now I don't know how much of this book was written by Flynn before he pas
L.A. Starks
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like many, I was reluctant to read a Mitch Rapp book Vince Flynn hadn't written. Kyle Mills himself confesses to trepidation in writing these iconic characters. And it is eerie to see them on the pages again, given Vince's death.

But, The Survivor is well worth reading. It has the action, the attitude, the same Mitch Rapp fans know and admire. The character of the Senator will be familiar to Vince Flynn readers. Mills has done a wonderful job keeping the characters not just going but evolving, as
Andrew Smith
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
When Vince Flynn died in 2013 I thought it was the end of this series. I can’t quite recall when I was first introduced to Flynn’s hard-as-nails CIA killer Mitch Rapp, but I was pretty much instantly hooked; I think it was as much the way the book was superbly narrated by George Guidall as it was the gripping nature of the story itself. So I was surprised, but delighted, when it was announced that Kyle Mills was going to continue the series, with the continuity of Guidall reading the audio versi ...more
Sean Peters
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Firstly thank you to Net Galley, the publishers and the author Kyle Mills for an advanced copy for an honest review. Apologies for the delay, and my book reading list keeps growing.

Firstly I was a great fan of Mitch Rapp and the author Vince Flynn, and this is my first Kyle Mills book, and great to read another Mitch Rapp, although I know I have missed a few books in between, but the author Kyle Mills seems to me to have filled into Vince Flynn boots very well !
A blistering novel that picks up w
Mielyglory
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
we lost a great writer in vince flynn. so sad that I would be seeing vince's mitch rapp for the last time in this last installment. RIP Vince! you will always be remembered...
The Real Book Spy
I was able to obtain and advanced readers copy of The Survivor, a Mitch Rapp novel by Kyle Mills. I've already written and published a full (spoiler-free) review on my Mitch Rapp fan-site: www.MitchRappfan.com and would encourage you to read it there.

For those just wondering how Kyle Mills does replacing the late Vince Flynn, well, he nails it! As a true Rapp connoisseur, with a hefty Rolodex of notes, I can tell you unequivocally, that there is no disparity between the way Vince and Kyle portr
Skip
Dec 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Ex-CIA agent, the deceased Joe Rickman has set up a series of information dumps to destabilize the CIA, especially Irene Kennedy and Mitch Rapp. In the meantime, Pakistan is gearing up to become the first Islamic superpower, and the sneaky head of its intelligence agency (ISI) is working to become the next President. To stop the leaks, Mitch has to enlist the help of fellow assassin Louis Gould, who killed the love of Rapp's life. Lots of the usual mayhem, in exotic locations: Switzerland, Russi ...more
GymGuy
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boring
Having a very difficult time sticking with this one. New author of series just not up to the task, in fact I thought that the Rapp series had run out of inspiration with the pervious book. This one is just a continuation of that one, which I read a year ago and was not interested enough in it to give it more than 3 stars.

In the earlier Rapp books, he was multi-dimensional. He had feelings and a morality. Now he is just another psychotic killer, ready to just shoot people. There seems to be no so
Samuel
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LONE SURVIVOR.

“You know the rules of the game; you've been playing it long enough.”- Olivia Mansfield [SKYFALL].

“You've come across me so many times, yet you never saw me. What took you so long?”- Ernst Stravo Blofeld [SPECTRE].

During the last decade, the undisputed king of American spy fiction was Vincent J Flynn. Where other authors were panicking about losing the material the Cold War had provided, Mr Flynn identified and began writing about the next great political and geopolitical bugbea
Gary
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Thank you to Net Galley and Simon & Schuster for supplying this book in exchange for a honest review.
This is my 2nd book in this series but obviously my first by author Kyle Mills who has taken over the series following the sad death of author Vince Flynn.
The book is a very good effort from a talented author that is facing a very tough act to follow on with this series. Lots of the trade mark signs are present in this book, action, suspense and very strong characters. I have given this book
Julie Pewe
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad to hear this book (and the Mitch Rapp series) will be completed even after Vince Flynn's untimely death. I recently (9/2014) read on VinceFlynn.com that author Kyle Mills was selected to complete the book and series. Estimated publish date for this book is sometime in 2015. Many thanks to Vince's wife, estate and publishers for allowing the beloved series to continue!
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced reader's copy from MitchRapp.com. Consider me an official Mitch Rapp ambassador. No character compares.

I 've never before read a Mitch Rapp book in more than 1 sitting. This time I did, due to personal stuff going on in my own life, but it feels fitting that doing so means I finished the Survivor on the anniversary of Vince's death. A great author, American, and man, may he rest in peace.

The first Rapp book since Vince's passing, I was anxious that I would be able to notic
Phil Melton
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
If you are concerned about Kyle Mills' continuing Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp books, any apprehensions can be laid to rest. 'The Survivor' is an excellent addition to the series. Mills has clearly immersed himself in Vince Flynn's writing. The settings, pacing, and characterizations are (to this long time Rapp fan) virtually indistinguishable from those of Vince Flynn's volumes.

The 13 previous books in the series left a wealth of backstory for a writer picking up the Flynn mantle to utilize, and M
Mike French
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyle Mills did a great job taking over for Vince Flynn! Mitch Rapp is alive and well!!
Dan
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: v2015, 2015
It took me 4 weeks to slog through this book. I love the series, but that love is the only reason that I slogged through to the end.
Matt
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
In the long-awaited return of Mitch Rapp, Kyle Mills tries to fill the enormous shoes left with the passing of Vince Flynn. When former CIA ace Agent Rick Rickman stole a large collection of highly classified documents, panic ensued. The identities of a number of agents and missions spanning all four corners of the earth were now in the hands of a man who sacrificed himself to the Pakistanis. Director Irene Kennedy has little choice but to release her star field agent, Mitch Rapp, to intercept R ...more
Josh Grubb
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kyle Mills did a wonderful job balancing the tasks of adopting a pre-existing series with pre-existing character arcs and pushing the series forward. He wrote this is an incredibly respectful way that showed a great deal of dedication to Flynn's work. He also made it his own and took some risks. I loved it and couldn't put it down. Go get yourself a copy when it is released in October.
Michael
Jan 27, 2014 marked it as to-read
May he rest in peace.. A great writer looked forward to reading his books.. Not the same without him now..
Michael Hicks
After Vince Flynn's death in 2013, his publishers entrusted thriller author Kyle Mills to carry on with the long-running Mitch Rapp series. The Survivor is the fourteenth entry and, after Flynn's last two prequel novels, returns readers to the present-day, following up on the enormous amount of fallout from the finale of The Last Man.

A CIA turncoat has, in the wake of his death, begun unleashing data that could cripple America's intelligence community and end the careers of CIA Director Irene Ke
Nick Brett
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
In terms of iconic action heroes, Mitch Rapp is up there with the likes of Jack Reacher. Through Vince Flynn’s excellent thrillers, Rapp has grown into the CIA’s greatest weapon. Sadly Vince Flynn passed away far too early and we thought we had seen the last of his great creation.
Then it was announced that Kyle Mills would be writing a new novel I think fans were pleased to see a continuation of the series, but many thought Mr Mills was an…odd….choice.

But the proof is in the reading. I was delig
Phil Melton
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Tim
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The major problem I have with this story are the multitudes of innocent deaths without much recompense. I believe in an eye for an eye. Despite the fact some claim a seamless transition between Mitch Flynn & Kyle Mills, I contend Flynn's evil doers got theirs through Mitch Rapp justice which is missed in Survivor. My favorite Kyle Mills story is Fade. Survivor is no Fade. Flynn didn't always hit home runs either, (nor did Babe Ruth). While I feel Last Man is excellent, I feel Kill Shot is no ...more
William
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Perhaps this book suffers from the passing of Flynn and Mills coming in and finishing maybe a draft that Flynn had been working on. I am looking forward to the next.

Politicians working for and against their countries. I was reminded of John Kerry, who became a US Senator, Sec. of State, and an indirect heir to the late John Heinz' wealth. Kerry did some things in Vietnam that should have resulted in a courts martial. Then, while still in the USNR, meets with representatives of North Vietnam; und
Chad
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don't know where Vince left off and Kyle took over, but this book didn't miss a beat. The Mitch Rapp that we know and love lives on. Just getting into the reading game a couple of years ago my brother encouraged me to read this series and I have enjoyed every book. Sitting at Earl of sandwich in Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, news broke that Vince had passed away. I didn't know what to expect of the transition to Kyle but he did not disappoint. I think Mitch will be in good hands for the fores ...more
W. Whalin
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought Mitch Rapp would end with the passing of Vince Flynn last year. Instead Kyle Mills has taken up the mantel of Mitch Rapp storytelling and done so with excellence. THE SURVIVOR is a page-turner with gripping suspense.

I found the story realistic and the characterizations were excellent. I loved it until the final page. Mitch Rapp lives on and as a reader, I'm glad. I highly recommend this book.

Kelly
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Here's to hoping for a Mitch Rapp #15 and more! Well done with all the testosterone fueled action, political jousting, international espionage I love. I was missing Mr. Rapp.
Melanie
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Tim
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure what happened to my prior review, but I remember that I did not find this story to be closely reminiscent of Vince Flynn. I found this story tame by comparison and unexciting overall. Not characteristics one typically associates with Flynn's stories. 4 of 10 stars
Pierre Tassé
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
A typical Mitch Rapp book. Follows the series and was fun to read. Don't start the series with this book. Too many references to the past events that you would not understand if you began here.
Scott Welch
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Ok, yes, I am a Mitch Rapp junkie, have been since 1999. In April I became an official Mitch Rapp Ambassador (via the Vince Flynn website and newsletter) and one perk of this taskforce was being able to receive an Advance Reader’s Edition of this latest Rapp installment, The Survivor, written by Kyle Mills.

As a note, I did re-read The Last Man (2012), the final Rapp story penned by Vince Flynn before his untimely passing, as a bit of a comparative. So, upfront…while this is not Flynn, may he res
The Orion Team. : This topic has been closed to new comments. ASK ME ANYTHING INTERVIEW KM 1 9 Nov 12, 2015 06:37PM
Rating a book before it's been released 4 26 Sep 30, 2015 07:29AM
Watch the nation TV ad for The Survivor! 1 14 Sep 15, 2015 09:01PM
Obtained an early copy, here is my review! 1 15 Jun 16, 2015 11:59AM
  • Independence Day (Dewey Andreas, #5)
  • Code of Conduct (Scot Harvath, #14)
  • Order to Kill (Mitch Rapp, #15)
  • Twelve Days (John Wells, #9)
  • Days of Rage (Pike Logan, #6)
The fifth of seven children, Vince Flynn was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1966. He graduated from the St. Thomas Academy in 1984, and the University of St. Thomas with a degree in economics in 1988.

After college he went to work for Kraft General Foods where he was an account and sales marketing specialist. In 1990 he left Kraft to accept an aviation candidate slot with the United States Marine
More about Vince Flynn

Mitch Rapp (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • American Assassin (Mitch Rapp, #1)
  • Kill Shot (Mitch Rapp, #2)
  • Transfer of Power (Mitch Rapp, #3)
  • The Third Option (Mitch Rapp, #4)
  • Separation of Power (Mitch Rapp, #5)
  • Executive Power (Mitch Rapp, #6)
  • Memorial Day (Mitch Rapp, #7)
  • Consent to Kill (Mitch Rapp, #8)
  • Act of Treason (Mitch Rapp, #9)
  • Protect and Defend (Mitch Rapp, #10)
“The problem was that unimaginably stupid had become a job requirement in Washington.” 3 likes
“The world is chaos, punctuated by brief outbreaks of civilization.” 3 likes