Start by marking “Through These Eyes (Blind Faith, #2)” as Want to Read:
Through These Eyes (Blind Faith, #2)

Through These Eyes

(Blind Faith #2)

Six months after we last met Carter Reece and Isaac Brannigan, they're still very much in love. Moving in together, moving forward, life for these two is great until some life changing events occur.

Isaac has a frightening setback and Carter's world starts to unravel. Things become even more complicated and start to change for both men when Isaac’s new colleague enters the
Published March 9th 2013 by N.R. Walker (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Through These Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through These Eyes

Gigi
Re-read November 2015: Just a great, great book to visit again! I loved it just as much the second time as the first!

Even better than the original Blind Faith, if you can believe it. N.R. Walker digs deep into Issac and Carter's relationship in this one and rips the reader's heart to shreds with a shitload of angst. But in the best way, because the HEA payoff was absolutely worth every tear. I just fucking loved it!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!

This review is also posted at Gay Book Reviews

Exina
Through These Eyes kind of ruined the first book Blind Faith for me. The story digs deeper into Carter and Isaac’s relationship and personalities, and it is ugly. (It’s not Carter whom I’m talking about, though.)

Their relationship is very unbalanced. While Carter is amazingly loving and understanding and caring with Isaac, Isaac is hurtful, insincere, and selfish. Blindness is not an excuse for everything.

The story is about a relationship crisis of the two of them, and this crisis has many cause
Susan
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it

Check out my interview with the author N.R. Walker over at http://loveaffairwithanereader.blogsp...

DAH!!!!! I loved THIS BOOK!

I was a fan of “Blind Faith”, book 1 in the series. NR Walker has fast become a must-read for me.

Book 2, “Through These Eyes” is even better!!! Carter, our patient and adoring vet, is even more amazing. Isaac, our blind and stubborn teacher, is even more temperamental, but even more lovable in his vulnerability. And the reader is treated to their LOVE for each
Macky
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am such a happy bunny at the moment. I'm doing happy dances and smiling to myself like a loon! And its all because I've finally finished this amazing book and because I can go back to giving N.R a true no holds barred 5 star rating that I couldn't quite give to ' Blind Faith' ( I gave it 4.5* but rounded it up). I hated doing that because N.R is one of my fave authors... So technically all her books hit the big 5 for me....no make that 10!

I'm not going to do rehashes of plot because I think e
Alina
Mar 08, 2013 added it
I hate to be a party pooper, but unfortunately I didn't like this book at all.

I really liked both Carter and Isaac in the first story and although sometimes Isaac wasn't an easy character to like I still sympathized with his plight and I felt so sorry for him at the end when he tried to prove himself, but ended up in the hospital, it was a humiliating experience I didn't think he deserved. But in this book Isaac just pushed all my limits and I kinda hated him by the end and I wanted Carter to ju
Bev

Thank goodness I've managed to get back to my 5 star NR Walker rating, much better than Blind Faith in my opinion, and an amazing book given what the author has had to go through in recent months.

This is not going to take long, rave reviews have already been done, so I'll just say thanks to the author, and pretty please, when can we have a story about Mark??
Karla
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Karla by: Susan

3 Stars! Another beautiful story about Isaac and Carter, not as good as the first book, but still quite enjoyable.

I seem to be in the minority with my rating on this book, most people loved this one better than Blind Faith, for me it was the opposite. My problem here was that the dialogue and scenarios were repeated one too many times. However, the underlying theme in the book, low-life’s preying on those who are at disadvantage, was very well done. There are those with absolutely no morals wh
Jilrene ♥
So many feels. I cried. I felt all the pain and all the love. These guys are believable. Loved it!
Cory
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
So some friends of mine here were all like 'you're a huge loser because you haven't read this series yet' and I was all like 'shut up'...but now I agree with them. I was a huge loser because for some reason I hadn't read this N.R. Walker series when I know how fabulous a writer she is. What was a waiting for?? What was I to do except read all three books this weekend...DUH! Let me just focus on this one for right now.

Hope is a powerful thing. It sometimes makes us lose objectivity because we wan
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ****

I still want to punch Isaac in the face 90% of the time, but this book was one giant feels-fest and I loved it (big, melodramatic Hollywood ending and all).
Heller
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
I had issues going into this with Issac and not really liking him from the first book. I warmed up a bit by the end of Blind Faith and honestly it took me a while to warm up to him again here.

I had to put the book down because he was pissing me off and oddly I eventually ended up reading this one backwards. I needed assurance that Carter was being treated respectfully by Issac because it bothered me that much. An odd way to go but it worked for me and when I could connect emotionally with Issac
Nik
Dear Isaac. I love you. I hate you. You have shown me all the ways stubborn isn't just a word but, an attitude.

I wanted to junk punch you multiple times in this book but, by the end you really pulled it together-- thus the I love you.

Another really great read by this author. I wasn't sure what to expect based on the blurb but NRW really put me through the ringer on this one. It was the same great Carter and Isaac together but now we are 12 months in and we get to see them more settled together..
Jen

Oh my god, I LOVED this book!!!!!! *hugs my Kindle*

I loved Blind Faith too, but I found this one even more moving.

It's not often that we're lucky enough to see what happens after the HEA. But even though I wanted to throttle Isaac on SEVERAL occasions (especially when he (view spoiler)), I couldn't help but love them both even more watching them just try to make it work, like every other co
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Aug 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

Isaac is finally starting to allow himself to love and allow himself to be loved, he learns good things like love, are worth the risk. Carter wants to move with Isaac, but Isaac doesn’t want to be a burden, he doesn’t want Carter to see how much he struggle. Although Carter loves him exactly how he is, Isaac wants to be ‘normal’ for him, he wants to be able to see.

"I'll never be able to see you."
I took his other hand, holding both in mine. "You do see me. No one has ever seen me like you do."
Gina
OMG This book! Isaac…Oh Isaac I could just hit you, and then hug you hard!!!

Ok I gotta tell you last night when I finished this book I laid in bed happy, mad and happy again…And then this morning the first thing I did was text my BFF Macky (good thing she is 5 hrs ahead of me), I had to talk about this book.

In this book, Carter and Isaac are together and getting closer. Isaac is still having is bad attitude and biting, cutting remarks but Carter sees them as getting closer everyday. then……somet
Therese
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
It is not often that I like a second book in a series (when the couple is already established) better than the first... With Blind faith however, I’m definitely liking this one better!
Probably because there was more of my kind of drama. (view spoiler)
Debra
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. It was so nice to be back with Isaac and Carter and watch them taking the next steps in their relationship. That was all well and good of course until Joshua, Isaac's new coworker, arrives. Is it wrong to want to punch the blind guy, because sometimes I just wanted to give Isaac and his "obnoxicity" a smack in the head (until of course he verbalizes the reasons for it and then I just wanted to cry).

This story had a little bit of everything, including some angst that was not found in
vLadimiR
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I really liked the tension which the character of Joshua brought into the story. The arguments that arose due to Issac's involvement with him were valid and understandable.

Once more, it's really nice to have a well thought out plot without the usual conflicts (e.g. homophobia, miscommunication, cheating, religion etc.) which are ubiquitous in other gay romance stories. Another winner!
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★

Loved it, and....gosh, what an adorable ending.❤
Lyndy Ann ♫
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*****5 frustrated stars*****

I loved reading Through These Eyes and continuing Carter and Isaac’s love story.

Carter and Isaac have been together for a year now everything is going smoothly but there is trouble ahead.

Joshua Isaac’s new work colleague and new BFF was a pain in the ass always there, I hated him, I had a theory about him and it turns out I was right HE WAS A MASSIVE DOUCHE.

I love Isaac but for a while there blind or not I wanted to punch him in the nose for the way he treated Carter
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stelle??? Dove è la sesta, la settimana e via così?? 5 non bastano assolutamente!! Come non bastano i fazzoletti da usare 😭😭😭 storia bellissima, mi ha devastata.. Avrei ucciso a fasi alterne o Isaac o Joshua... Odio profondo...
Nonostante ciò resta uno dei libri più belli che ho letto quest'anno! La Walker non so come fa ma ogni libro che scrive riesce a farti entrare sottopelle il protagonista, vivi con lui, respiri con lui e soffri terribilmente con lui...

"di tutte le cose che ho voluto vede
mw138

One year after Blind Faith ends, Carter and Isaac are still going strong. They decide to move in together, but Isaac's biting temper and new friend, Joshua, threaten to tear them apart.

I'm pretty conflicted rating this book. I really enjoy N.R. Walker's work and consider her to be a great writer. However, this series just didn't grab me the way her other books did. I think the reason for that is Isaac. He has to be one of the most unlikable characters I've ever read. He was prone to tem
Elsbeth

BR, December 15th with Julie

4,5 stars

This story had it all.. Sweetness, humor, banter and a lot of drama!!

I liked it better than Blind Faith..

Isaac infuriated me a lot.. The way he acted towards Carter!! Carter was such a sweet man and he truly had the best interest of Isaac at heart.

Isaac

The last 20% was really angsty!! Obviously Isaac has quite some issues to work through!! My heart broke for him…

"You, Carter, I wanted to do it for you," Isaac whispered, his bottom lip trembled. "Of all the
Katharina
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
3.75

Through These Eyes is the sequel to Blind Faith and it's a neat follow-up. Carter and Isaac are still the same in all of their good points - and definitely also in all of their not-so-good ones. And that is one of the reasons why the story line closely resembles the first book with basically the same kind of problems and also the same kind of outcome. Of course, the events triggering any sort of mishap are different, but it's again Isaac's deep-lying insecurities and his stubborn and sometim
Lily
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I am not sure I've ever been in such a dilemma - I liked everything about this book except for Isaac... To be honest, I had not really enjoyed 'Blind Faith' because of Isaac's selfish, uncompromising and often emotionally manipulative attitude. But I had hopes for the sequel and wanted to give it a try. Until the climax, things were going moderately well in the sense that Isaac was his usual self - difficult with a dash of hurtful - yet his behaviour remained somewhat acceptable to me. Then he s ...more
Eva
Ahh... Drama, Drama, Drama!!!!

This story had a great balance of humour, banter, sweetness, angst and awww.

I loved it even better than the Blind Faith

Truly romantic, sexy and full of delicious angsty moments that pull you in and keep you on the edge of your toes (view spoiler) - but not in a gloomy way - I felt feeling delightfully satisfied.

Blindside is next.
Melissa
I read this yesterday as soon as I could get my hands on it... I needed to take some time to organize my thoughts about this book or it would have all came out sounding like complete nonsense because NR Walker scrambles my brain when she writes; it's that good.

This book broke my freaking heart! Like tore it out and left it lying on the floor beating until I thought I couldn't take it anymore! And she says she doesn't do angst... LIAR :)

Isaac and Carter have been together for about a year now and
Nic
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, series, zz-amazon-yes, mum
The road to true love is never smooth and if one of the parties is Isaac, this is guaranteed! Although he and Carter have been together over a year, he is still insecure and manages to push Carter away and give him the silent treatment. Communication doesn't seem to be his strong point when emotions are involved!

In this story, a number of things happen which throw Isaac off-kilter. He is preyed upon for his blindness and insecurities start to appear. Although Carter loves him exactly how he is,
Susan65
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Isaac can be the biggest num-nut on the planet, but you can't fail to see that his fear and insecurities are the cause. He does everything passionately, and that includes loving Carter, and pissing Carter off, and sadly, hurting Carter, too. Carter is about as close to a loving saint that anyone could ever hope for in a partner. He drowns you in his love and lives to make Isaac happy. Too bad Isaac has to learn the hard way to allow Carter to see the real him, to accept that he is alrea
R * A Reader Obsessed *

NR Walker does it again. I quite enjoyed this follow up to Blind Faith. I know this might be boring to others, but at times, I don't mind reading about established couples. Sure there's the allure of experiencing the buildup of 2 people getting together; there's also the comfort of seeing those 2 people who love each other struggle with some roadblocks. Carter and Isaac are going strong and said roadblocks do come into play - several of them in fact. Of course by the end they're better off becau
  • After the End
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • Disasterology 101
  • If the Stars Fall (The Making of a Man, #5)
  • Billy's Bones
  • Jess's Journey (Whispering Pines Ranch, #5)
  • Ethan, Who Loved Carter
  • The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle, #3)
  • 500 Miles (500 Miles 1, An MLR Mixed Tape)
  • Forever Promised (Promises, #4)
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)
  • Falling in Love with Crazy
  • When One Door Opens
  • Rare (Roads, #2)
  • Hairy Harry's Car Seat (Lyon Road Vets, #1)
  • Shaking the Sugar Tree (Sugar Tree, #1)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa

Blind Faith (3 books)
  • Blind Faith (Blind Faith, #1)
  • Blindside (Blind Faith, #3)
“I'll never be able to see you."
I took his other hand, holding both his in mine. "You do see me. No one has ever seen me like you do." I lifted his hands to my face. "You know me, you see me, like no one else."
"Not through these eyes."
"No," I agreed quietly. "You see me with your heart.”
20 likes
“„Jeez, Carlos,” Hannah said. „Why don't you work out like those two?”
„Because I'm a married heterosexual man,” Carlos defended himself. „No one gives a shit what I look like.”
3 likes