Start by marking “Special Deliveries: Life Changing Moments” as Want to Read:
Special Deliveries: Life Changing Moments

Special Deliveries: Life Changing Moments

Singing vicars, baby whisperers, divas, deviants and more! Find out what really happens behind the closed doors of labour rooms, on inpatient wards, during outpatients clinics and inside homes. Special Deliveries is crammed full of stories about life changing moments that will appeal to anyone with an interest in pregnancy and childbirth.

Identifying factors and events have
Published March 2nd 2013 by Sunnyside Press

To ask other readers questions about Special Deliveries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Deliveries

Talli Roland
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A lovely read full of real-life glimpses into the delivery room. If you love 'Call the Midwife' or 'One Born Every Minute', you'll enjoy this.
Rachel
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I bought this book as I had previously bought the Mini Midwife book that the author wrote it. I 'know' the author through Facebook and Twitter but I was not asked to do a review for this book, I bought it and reviewed it purely on my own just to clarify.

I am a mother of two children myself and have had two joyous easy births, one at 6 days over my DD and one at 12 days over! I have had fertility drugs and been induced, and had two normal deliveries, both of which I was home after 6 hours. So I
Fiona Wilson
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Using her own experiences as a midwife for many years the author has written a book which shows the true value of midwives.
The book is fictional, but each story contained within is based on the authors real life experiences.

The stories shared range from happy to sad, the extreme to the ridiculous, but all have a common theme. They show how important midwives are in helping to bring babies into the world, supporting the parents and sometimes extended family also.

As with real life not all of the
Charissa Nelson
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Upon opening Special Deliveries by D.J. Kirkby, I had no idea what to expect. I did not read a blurb or excerpt from the book. After reading the introduction and discovering this book was a compilation of short stories reflecting experiences the author witnessed during her time as a midwife, I was admittedly a little worried that it wouldn’t be quite up my alley. Boy was I wrong. The book is separated into sections dealing with everything from love and special bonds parents have to births that i ...more
Rochelle
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those of us who love birth work and the chance to educate women on how well their bodies are actually made for their babies...this was a delightful read. It wasn't candy coated, or all doom and gloom...but just real.

One of my favorite parts is when she gets up on, as she calls it, her soapbox and preaches to the parents of babies....letting them know that their child, who wakes up several times a night is the NORMAL and HEALTHY one.

becky
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyable read

I enjoyed reading this book. I'm a student midwife and it was lovely to read birth stories and learn some new things along the way.
Betsy Gill
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

what a fabulous book, I would read it again. I recommend it to anyone who likes nurses or doctor books
Gail
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found myself enthralled with this book. The stories are heartwarming and at times heart wrenching.
Gives agood insight into midwifery.
S.K.
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Any book with such a variety of births is a friend of mine =]
Anne Oliver
lynsey hughes
Apr 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Life Changing Moments 1 3 Mar 28, 2013 05:11AM
Dee lives in the South of England in a home otherwise filled with males – husband, boys and pets – she writes to escape the testosterone.

She writes using the name D.J. Kirkby and Dee Kirkby. Dee is the author of Without Alice, My Dream of You, My Mini Midwife, the Special Deliveries series, Realand, Raffie Island and Queendom (The Portal Series for 7 - 11 year olds), and The Rules.

Dee can be found