Start by marking “Lost Covenant (Widdershins Adventures, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lost Covenant (Widdershins Adventures, #3)

Lost Covenant

(Widdershins Adventures #3)

This third YA novel starring the young thief Widdershins combines the angst and vulnerability of any teenage girl with the high action of the best fantasy adventures.

It’s been six months since Widdershins and her own “personal god” Olgun fled the city of Davillon. During their travels, Widdershins unwittingly discovers that a noble house is preparing to move against the la
Published December 3rd 2013 by Pyr (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lost Covenant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Covenant

Gavin
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya-books
This was a fun enough read, but did not quite match the quality of the first two books in the series.

Widdershins has left Davillon and so was isolated from the rest of the characters that we have grown to love. We met some interesting new characters and Widdershins adventure was fun, but it did feel a lot like filler. We got a few glimpses of the happenings in Davillon and they were not good for the City or Widdershins friends.

The ending was as shocking as ever and the fourth book is shaping u
Laurel
THERE'S MORE. YAY!

Edit:

ARE YOU GUYS LOOKING AT THAT COVER? I AM. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
HELP ME.
I love Widdershins.
Mogsy (MMOGC)
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum http://bibliosanctum.blogspot.com/201...

I gotta hand it to Ari Marmell. His Widdershins Adventures books have this way of repeatedly stabbing me in the heart, but all I can say to that is "Please, may I have some more?" Lost Covenant became one of my most anticipated new releases this season, after the events at the end of False Covenant took my emotions on a roller coaster ride and left me wondering in awe about what our protagonist will do next.

It's clear, tho
Ferdy
Spoilers

-This was a bit of a let down, it was mostly filler. The first two books in the series were a lot better… Sure, they started off quite slow and boring but they eventually picked up and ended up being pretty entertaining reads. Unfortunately, this one stayed boring throughout. Hopefully, the next one will be more like the first two books.

-What's what: Widdershins with the help of the minor god (Olgun) that resides in her head have to deal with the murders and mishaps surrounding her dead
Choko
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it
*** 3.45 ***

I enjoyed it! The series is fun and it seems that the author is growing with every book. This third installment was not as good as the one before, mainly because it made a detour from the main arc and only barely touched base with it. The characters are growing and changing and there were no weird remembrance scenes. I am looking forward to the next book - the main protagonist is cool!!!
Soumi
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good, but not as good as the last one. Originally 3 stars + 1 star extra just for author's writing style.(One of the best, probably the best writing style I have ever seen) But oh, dear. I miss Julien. His presence continues to haunt me.
mich
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it

The way the last book ended was pretty gut wrenching, but I still absolutely loved it. I felt like a turning point for Widdershins had been reached -- the whole tone of the story seemed to be changing and with this next book I was expecting things to be taken to a place where the bar would be raised, where the stakes would be higher than ever, where shit would be taken to the next level.

I was disappointed. (A trend with me lately in the various series I’ve been reading, so maybe it’s just me?)
Len Evans Jr
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ari-marmell
Just a quick comment, I will write a longer review later. I really liked this book except for one thing. There were 3 maybe 4 instances where the story jumped forward in time usually from the end of one chapter to the start of the next. I found this to be very confusing since it felt like a whole scene had been dropped out. Other than that the book was a good read... though I think I need to read the previous 2 books, cuz I am sure some of my confusion was caused by that.
Donna
Sep 18, 2013 rated it liked it
How did we end up here

I read the first two titles in the series thanks to Pyr. Why not the third?

Okay, book. You've got 50 pages. Go!

Enter same plucky style as its predecessors, same quick jump into action and same anticipation level that got me through the last two books and fifty pages is nothing. Blew through those like tissues.

What worked . . .

Marmell is never afraid to go THERE when the plot requires him to do so. While there was far less gore in LOST COVENANT and it was really more about r
Fantasy Literature
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Note to self; Get the first two books in Ari Marmell’s WIDDERSHINS series, so that I am current on this fascinating character. If Lost Covenant is representative of this series, I’ll be in for a great time.

Widdershins is a young, snarky female thief from the city of Davillon. She is unusually skilled, not only at climbing, running and skulking, but also swordplay and even firing flintlocks. Widdershins has a bit of an edge over other humans, although it is a mixed blessing. A god lives in her he
Sibil
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
For now I give 5 stars but I can change my mind. I have to read the sequel to be sure.
(view spoiler)

Rispetto ai primi due questo è tutta un'altra cosa. Il primo mi era piaciuto molto ma poteva essere qualcosina di più, però era anche il primo della serie quindi andava bene, il secondo invece non era stato all'altezza delle aspettative (view spoiler)
Rita
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Lost Covenant (Widdershins Adventures, #3) by Ari Marmell

It goes without saying that I was dying to read this book. After discovering Thief’s Covenant during my summer holiday on a nice beach (yes, ignoring the sea) and then whalin-I-I mean wailing through False Covenant in September, the following months which led to the release of the sequel in December 2013 was a torture beyond imagination. I went as far as going on a reading hiatus (although entering sixth form and having 6 A-Levels to do with the massive work load is a better explanation…). I wa
Wing Kee
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Hmmm....sometimes change is not a good thing.

World: The world building is about the same as the last two book, this is a new locale though so there needed to be a lot more information to set up this new setting. There are no info dumps in this book which I enjoyed and a lot of what makes this setting interesting and new is told through Shins' eyes and it's well done. There are also pieces of the past books that come back and also continues the story while Shins is away from home so that's also
Joshua Palmatier
Apr 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Lost Covenant is the third book in Ari Marmell's Widdershins series. I really enjoy this series, possibly because the set-up is similar to my own book The Skewed Throne, with a young rogue-ish girl with morals living in the slums of the city who gets caught up in events far beyond her standing. My book is a little darker in nature (aimed for the adult crowd), while Ari's is aimed more toward the YA market though.

In any case, the premise of this book is that Widdershins has fled the city of Davil
Angie
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Lost Covenant is another exciting adventure for our dear Widdershins. It's a little different though, since she's been away from Davillon for six months now. She's away from her friends, and her only company is her personal god, Olgun. Shins is all alone until she stumbles upon a new mystery. It involves the family of the man who once took her in as his own, so she feels obligated to help, since she feels she had failed him. But in true Widdershins fashion, she manages to draw suspicion upon her ...more
Dr susan
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Marmell is an incredibly talented writer, and these books should be found on any fantasy afficionado's shelf. Unfortunately, Widdershins may be one of the funniest, snarkiest heroines in any of my favorite series, and her conversations with Olgun are often hysterically funny, but the Widdershins Adventures will never be found on my 'books to read when I feel bad' shelf. The subtle horror of Thief's Covenant evolved into overt horror with a truly nightmarish villain in False Covenant, but the evi ...more
Bruna Bellini
I really enjoyed the two first books, but this one was a little bit weak!
I like how the author can put in a story of thieves and assassins some funny moments to not make the book so harsh.
Although we have some boring dialogs here, Widdershins is always such a crazy and funny badass!
The story about the family Delacroix is very boring, but with the end of this book, I can't wait to read next, because it seems is going to be the kind of book the Widdershins' Adventure series are!
But read this boo
Blodeuedd Finland
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya
This ia YA, light and dark at the same time. She never has it easy and people always die in this series.

Yes poor Widdershins, she can't seem to be able to just be happy and do what she want. She is also very very angry and on the run. We do get glimpses if Davillion and the life she left behind. Something is brewing there and will set the game plan for book 4. But that is that book and this is this book.

The book takes place in a smaller city where she at once comes across something fishy. Loyal
Melinda
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to this series. This book focuses on Widdershins - off and away from her home town. Still fighting and having adventures, this book allowed us to see'Shins' all by herself. Her character grew somewhat - although she is still an impertinent brat most of the time. Again, the author isn't afraid of doing some hard writing, skillfully incorporating fights, death, treason and the hint of romance into the pages.
Rhadika Freeman
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
As always it was amazing but the end though. Ahhh please tell me there is going to be another one. I really liked how Shins matured at the end of the book and the moral implanted there. It was great and I had trouble putting it down. As for Bitchette I hope Shins gets you and teaches you not to mess with her. Sorry I got a little too into the characters. Anyway it was a fantastic read and I recommend it to anyone looking for a break from the whips and chains mass produced bit going on.
Lost Covenant is, far and away, the best book of this series yet. Marmell keeps topping himself, and this book is a fantastic showcase of his skill. The plot is riveting, the personal growth is captivating and realistic, and the emotions and atmosphere are raw and vibrant. Don’t start this book if you need to wake up early the next day. You’ll be “just one more page”-ing the night away.

Read my full review here:

Joseph
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shins (with Olgun, of course) has left Davillon and come to another city; naturally, she gets pulled into local intrigues (partially by choice, partially by happenstance), says inappropriate things to figures in authority, and finds herself in increasing amounts of trouble. Things do take a much darker turn towards the end of the book, but it's entirely appropriate under the circumstances. And, based on the ending, I can only hope that we'll see her again, sooner rather than later.
Jo Oehrlein
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice to visit Shins again. She's run away from her friends and the action that she's involved in takes place in 2 different cities. She basically gets to show off her experience and abilities and save the day. Meanwhile, back at home, evil is still active. The good news? The evil's not resolved so there's another book to come!
Stuti (Turmeric isn't your friend. It will fly your ship
Widdershins looks so mature in this cover now. I hope it doesn't reflect in the book. But of course it will, b/c she's finally going to grow up. To be expected after what happened in the end of the previous installment. :(
Gökçe
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hızlı eğlenceli bir macera. Ari Marmel işini biliyor.
Dec 09, 2013 marked it as not-finished
This series is just a little too dark for me. The good characters die and the bad guys come back. I need just a little more hope in stories.
Mallory
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Missed Davillion, but still love this plucky heroine!
Tal
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
3.5
Nafiza
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Brutal.
Karyn Silverman
These are so flawed and so great at the same time.
  • The Osiris Curse (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures, #2)
  • Albion of the Wind - 風のアルビオン (Zero No Tsukaima, #2)
  • Reaper (Lightbringer, #2)
  • はたらく魔王さま! 2 [Hataraku Maou-sama! 2] (The Devil is a Part-Timer Manga, #2)
  • Branded Ann
  • Empress of the Sun (Everness, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • The Pirate Queen: The Story of Grace O'Malley, Irish Pirate
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― 54 [Burīchi 54] (Bleach, #54)
  • Hidden Truths (The Oregon Series, #2)
  • Jala's Mask
  • 薔薇嬢のキス 8
  • The Diamond Deep (Ruby's Song, #2)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 05 (Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, #5)
  • Kandide and the Secret of the Mists (The Calabiyau Chronicles, #1)
  • Burn Me Deadly (Eddie LaCrosse, #2)
  • Apollo's Outcasts
  • Indigo Magic (Violet Wings, #2)
When Ari Marmell has free time left over between feeding cats and posting on social media, he writes a little bit. His work includes novels, short stories, role-playing games, and video games, all of which he enjoyed in lieu of school work when growing up. He’s the author of the Mick Oberon gangland/urban fantasy series, the Widdershins YA fantasy series, and many others, with publishers such as D ...more

Widdershins Adventures (4 books)
  • Thief's Covenant (Widdershins Adventures, #1)
  • False Covenant (Widdershins Adventures, #2)
  • Covenant's End (Widdershins Adventures, #4)
“The resulting sound wasn't quite a squawk, wasn't quite a yelp, wasn't quite a gasp. As best she could describe it, it sounded like an angry chicken slapping a puppy with a fish.” 7 likes
“Why do half the people I meet try to hit me with something? Yeah, yeah, I know, you don't even have to say it. "Because, the other half don't know me that well yet.” 3 likes