Start by marking “After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1)” as Want to Read:
After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #1)

After the Kiss

(Sex, Love & Stiletto #1)

Lauren Layne kicks off her Sex, Love & Stiletto series with a delightful short novel! In After the Kiss, the star columnist of Stiletto magazine will do anything for a story. Anything . . . except fall in love.

Julie Greene loves flings. Loves steamy first dates, sizzling first kisses, and every now and then, that first sexy romp between the sheets. Comfy pants, sleep
Published August 26th 2013 by Loveswept (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about After the Kiss, please sign up.
Lisa Renee I haven't read this series, but based on the other Lauren Layne book I read, I would say that's a hard no. These are romance novels with steamy sex…moreI haven't read this series, but based on the other Lauren Layne book I read, I would say that's a hard no. These are romance novels with steamy sex scenes. Most 12-14 year old boys I know wouldn't be interested in the storylines, and the content seems a bit mature for that age. I teach kids of that age- my recommendations would be the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, 39 Clues, any Matt Christopher books, etc.(less)

Katerina
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
“Julie almost laughed at the ridiculousness of the moment.Here was a short-term kind of girl begging for a long-term relationship from a long-term kind of guy who wanted a fling.”

Expectations
A funny fluffy read with a hot male lead and lots of banters and smexy times that would leave me smiling in a cute/creepy way.

Reality
A funny fluffy read with a surprisingly hot Wall Street broker with pant-melting dimples and lots of banters and smexy times and a little drama that left me smilin
Lisa Jayne
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 KISS ME STARS.

description

Readers welcome to 'After the Kiss' a contemporary romance that swept me off my romantic feet. I think I may have just have fallen a little in love with this author, her books are made in kindle heaven. This adorable story is like a gorgeous combination of ' Sex and the city' meets 'How to loose a guy in ten days' with the like-ability and humour of 'Bridgett Jones' and here are my book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Julie Greene is a successful journalist in New York city writi
destini mia
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

I feel you, Rihanna. Where has Lauren Layne been all my life? Or more importantly, where have I been?

After the Kiss was all kinds of cute. I've been on a fantasy and YA craze for such a long time that this contemporary was such a nice change of pace.

Dating guru, Julie, works at Stiletto magazine for their articles on Sex, Love and Dating. Julie is all about the first kisses, butterflies in the stomach, and how to reel a man in. After all that, she cuts 'em loose. She all about having fun, stay
Stacey is Sassy
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy, cont-series
The fling became love.

I started and finished After the Kiss in one day.

This is a cute story about a journalist named Julie who writes about love in the beginning stages. Her articles talk about first dates, kissing and how thing should be done. She's an expert in the field because it's all she knows. Julie doesn't do relationships as she doesn't want to be boring and predictable like other couples she knows. Life is one big party and an endless supply of good looking dates. She loves her life a
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5.5 "The bet & the story" Stars!

photo After the Kiss - Lauren Layne_zps4hi6fiym.png

After reading Irresistibly Yours, I couldn't stop myself and I decided on reading Lauren's Sex, Love & Stiletto series. And I cannot be happier about it! I am thoroughly enjoying it!!

After the Kiss is the first novel in this series and it is about Julie Greene (a very succesful journalist, expert on dating, and now a worried one because she has to write about something more) and Mitchell Forbes (a Wall Street worker who does a 'different' bet with a colle
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more by: Robin (Bridge Four)
Shelves: romance
Would've been perfect but for two things:

1. On (barely) date #2, Julie overshares about her dead family and the whole thing felt super contrived.

2. Well, I can't tell you #2 b/c SPOILER, but it was also extremely manufactured.

But pretty good for contemporary romance. Still, I'm rocking my EXTREME palate cleanse, so on to my next bit of fluff. *throws glitter in the air*
Catarina
4 Sweet Stars! : )

description

Julie is a professional journalist. A modern city girl who has no desire to fall in love. Until the day her boss give her a new challenge: What happens after the first dates?
Julie now have to find out how to meet a guy… and keep him.
So she and her best-friends start scanning and the result is: Mitchell.

description

Mitchell is a “Wall Street Guy”, that was always serious about his relationships. Some of them even went way longer than it should.
So, now he decided to give up on the seri
♥Rachel♥
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Lisa Jayne
Shelves: favorites
Lauren Layne is my new favorite author! After the Kiss was the perfect blend of sass, humor, and spice all wrapped around a romance that will make your heart swoon! After the Kiss is only 180 pages long but I literally have nine pages worth of highlighted quotes/passages, evidence of how much I loved this story.

Julie is a writer for Stiletto magazine and specializes in writing about falling in love: the first date, first kiss, and all the highs you get from a new romance. She’s had plenty of pra
5 OVER THE MOON IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY STARS!!!!!

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!!
(BR with Melissa and Denisse)

photo image_zps0041c05e.jpg

I'm still just floating on cloud 9 after reading this one.
This is the second book I've ready by Lauren Layne, and I already know this lady is going to be one of my top fave authors.
Her stories seem to read like the really good rom/com movies of my youth with Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, and Drew Barrymore.
This story definitely had a "Sex and The City" vibe to it.

photo image_zps89830df6.jpg

We have Julie Greene, who i
Robin (Bridge Four)
OMG this book was just fun wrapped in bacon (because bacon makes everything better) To be honest...there was no bacon in this...BUT IT FELT LIKE IT!!!
bacon

You know those days that you just need a little dose of flirtation, love and cheese and that is the day that you watch romantic comedies that you have seen a million times that still just make you smile. Well THIS was that book for me. It had the feel of How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days but the story is different enough that while it reminds me of th
Jill
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was ok

This is my second book by this author....

description

....and, I'm gonna go out on a limb here - and say I don't think this author works for me. This one is sliiiightly better than my first read of hers Only with You, but not much.

The characters were dull, the heroine unlikable, and though this had a romantic comedy feel to it....it simply wasn't funny. The dialogue which I guess is supposed to be snarky and snappy felt forced and fell flat. This type of writing (and humour) must work for some read
Rose
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: home-ref
/ REREAD 7/19/2016 /

Yup, still as good as the first time! Lauren Layne is seriously such perfection, ugh. It still kills me that this series is over because everything about it is what I want in other romances.

Riley is my favorite of the girls, but Julie and Mitchell have the most addictive story. I highly recommend to everyone <3

---------------

LAUREN LAYNE, YOU ARE A QUEEN.

"Real love-the kind that matters-is giving your heart to someone, even after he tries to hand it back."

Despite being
Dali
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
#99cents #sale (06/28/2017) http://amzn.to/2tqHx6K
They started for all the wrong reasons. Will they realize that it never has to end because of all the right ones?

After the Kiss is a perfect chick lit book. It’s a charming and sexy story in which Lauren writes romance with just the right balance between sassy, playful, sexy and drama.

Julie Greene is one of Stiletto Magazine’s top columnists. When she’s forced by her well-meaning boss to write a story about how to take a relationship beyond “f
Amy | Foxy Blogs
After the Kiss reads like a fun chick flick. If you liked the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 days then you'll like this book.

Stiletto Magazine is about sex and high heels and Julie's the expert on first kisses, getting him to call, butterflies in your tummy, basically the finesse of dating. Her boss has challenged her to write an article where she takes the relationship further than just first kisses...she's must become serious with a guy.

Mitchell works on Wall Street. He's a suit and tie type of
Elise
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-na

That was so sweet. Lauren Layne's books are just so amazing and cute and funny and sweet. I loved this one a lot more than I did book three, and I just had so much fun reading it. I did put it off for a while, because I was getting to that point where NA gets pretty angsty, and I was scared of the angst. I'm not a huge fan of it, and I thought it was going to be really bad, but it wasn't overwhelming, it wasn't too bad.

I really liked Mitchell and Julie too! They were a great couple and
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
On second thought, Stiletto readers wouldn't be getting that little bit of wisdom. This was one memory she was saving for herself.
She was starting to worry she wanted to save it
all for herself.

Aaaaaaah she's done it again. By now I assume anyone who has read any of my Lauren Layne reviews is rolling their eyes and saying...Okay, we get it, you LIKE the woman and OF COURSE you gave her book 5 stars. Well, to address issue numero uno-Yes. Yes, I ADORE Lauren Layne and apparently everything she wr
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
4 Hard Core, Surprisingly, Swoon Worthy, Fun Stars
* * * *
The set up is something we have read over and over again with different variations: girl makes a bet about a guy... guy makes a bet about a girl- they both work their angle.... shit happens- both fall for each other but due to the bet... both get exposed some how and then it all comes together in the end.

Yet somehow, even though we know the format, this little tale works; and it really has some great moments.

Here is The Blurb:
Julie Green
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
(ARC Provided by Netgalley)
(BR With Patty & Denisse)
(4-4.5 Stars)

photo 02b7d155-4771-461d-934a-2008d0c4bf73.jpg

photo b5c7992a-cd9f-4caf-9a77-5736fec11fd6.jpg

Julie Greene is a senior columnist for Stiletto magazine in New York City. Julie and her two best friends/co-workers are considered the princesses of Stiletto's, and are in charge of writing about the dating, love, and sex departments of the magazine. Julie is a beautiful, successful woman who enjoys carefree dating, and has a different hot guy every week. She has worked her way up to the top of New York's social ladder, and
Amanda
A classic modern day romantic comedy that is fun, sexy and hilarious with a heart warming ending. I guess Amy had it right, this is quite similar to the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

Julie Greene is a columnist who writes about dating. Her besties Grace and Riley wrote about Love and Sex. Julie is a serial dater and allergic towards settling for a relationship. A movie night at home with a guy equals total nightmare. But when her boss demands her to write a new topic about bringing your re
Jen
4 Rom Com Stars

Julie Greene is a single woman who steers clear of commitment when it comes to dating at all costs. Who wants to get to the “comfortable” stage of a relationship when movie nights spent on the couch wearing ratty sweats counts as a date night? Certainly not Julie. When Julie’s editor asks her to write an article on the progression of a committed relationship, the stuff that comes after the first kisses and the butterflies, she’s got her work cut out for her. She has some pretty hi
Bindi Boo
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 glorious stars

I had to redeem myself from guilt- this did it! LOVED Mitchell, he may be my favourite man in this series!
Olga
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

Julie had made her career out of writing about how to fall in love. She knows everything about those first precious and exciting moments when your eyes hold for a beat too long, the tingle when you first touch or the electrifying first kiss. While most women wait for these moments to happen, Julie Green creates them. Luring men in is not a problem. Keeping them, well, that’s a different story.

When her boss suggest Julie should write an article on how to take the relationship to the next level, J
Lakshmi C
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keep reading if you enjoyed How to lose a guy in 10 days, Failure to Launch, The Ugly Truth or simply Matthew McConaughey. I'm guilty of some of it.
This book was a sweet reminder of chicklit marathons & rom coms devoured in high school.

What you get in this book :

“For the record, I think this whole thing is depraved. But if you’re going to do it, you might as well do it right.”

A depraved relationship experiment, a column and a soaring career.

Dual pov - you know our players inside out.

Julie,
Hollis
"I didn't realize how conflicted you were over this until it was too late."
"Me neither. What are you going to do now?"
"Now? Now I pull out the big guns."
"Threesome?"
"No. Movie night."

If you love How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days, then you'll love AFTER THE KISS. Except instead of the dashing hero in marketing, we have a buttoned up Wall Street broker who is a serial monogamous, and instead of a "How-To" columnist the experiment in pushing a relationship to the next level is being done by the casual-
Kate's Corner
So I loved this book but the author is probably going to hate me because if you have

photo How to lose a guy in 10 days_zpslsr8gocx.png

photo images_zpsjrh3r3s1.png

and then you have this

photo 17568644_zpsdykxmr5q.jpg

4 Wall Street Stars

So I loved this book, yes I know I’ve already written that but there is no harm in writing it again. I actually read Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren Layne first before I caught on that there was a previous series with some of the characters so I back tracked and am starting from the beginning.

Julie Greene works for Stiletto’s America’s most po
Kiki
She did NOT owe him ANYTHING!
This brainless bimbo actually apologised to him and then begged for a chance to this SOB.
Granted she was playing games with him for the sake of her career. What was HE doing? He was trying to win a bet by seducing her.
At least she had a purpose. His was for pure amusement.
Yet he had the gall to be offended?
The double standards in this book is the size of my ass!
And when she calls him out on his shit, what does he do? Calls her a prostitute in front of HIS AND her fri
Maria
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“But would I go back and fall in love with this guy all over again, even knowing it would end badly? Absolutely” “Real love--the kind that matters--is giving your heart to someone even after he tries to hand it back. And it’s knowing that you’d give him your heart over and over again. If only he’d ask.”

I’m so glad I saw those reviews and decided to read this one asap. I was expecting something entirely different and what I got was a fun and super easy to read story.

photo tumblr_mi0kznJlNG1r72vcco1_500_zps1khm4vzl.gif

“After the kiss” introduces u
Dee Montoya
****4 Charming Stars****

Another wonderful feel good book by Lauren Layne, her stories always leave my heart racing and put a huge smile on my face. After The Kiss was the perfect combination of funny, sexy and vivacious, I truly enjoyed reading this novel.

photo 02c992f0c04e4a0e36042e83151cc422_zpsae034396.jpg

Julie and her two best friends, work for a women's magazine in New York city, they are the trio who represent the publication, famous in Manhattan as Kiss, Love and Sex. Julie Green represents the kiss; the dating, those first butterflies in t
Srikari
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance Lovers
4 Stars
Omg I don't even know how to put my thoughts in words....
description

I read Broken by Lauren Layne And wasn't really that impressed as I was after reading Isn't She Lovely... but what can I say this book has got me gripping again....
THis book was very similar to that of the movie How to loSe a guy in 10 days which I watched a million times and I could predict the events but the writing is so beautiful that I just couldn't keep the book down....

description

And the characters were so beautifully described. And
-y.a
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot is pretty much similar to the movie How to lose a guy in ten days.

I actually read book 4 first and liked it. Oddly, my favorite part of this book wasn’t about the relationship between MCs. It was the catfight! I mean the dialogue in those scenes just cut to the chase, delivering awesome punches to the mean bitch.

After the Kiss is an easy fun read, but I have to deduct one star from 4-stars rating because in my eyes, Mitchell did not redeem himself for those cruel words he said to Julie:
  • The Story Guy
  • Talking Dirty With the Boss (Talking Dirty, #3)
  • Crazy for You (Life and Love on the Lam, #2)
  • Kiss the Bride (Amour et Chocolat, #0.5)
  • Yours to Keep
  • Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)
  • Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2)
  • Sun-Kissed (Amour et Chocolat, #7; Snow Queen, #2)
  • Control
  • Fallen Angel
  • Driving Her Wild (Wilinski's, #3)
  • Hard Time
  • Love Irresistibly (FBI/US Attorney, #4)
  • The Do-Over
Important:: Lauren Layne is NOT active on GoodReads, and book dates/info represented on this site may not be accurate.

For updated book information, please visit the Lauren Layne Library:

For more about Lauren, writing tips, etc, please visit the main website:

The best way to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases is her newsletter:

Sex, Love & Stiletto (4 books)
  • Love the One You're With (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #2)
  • Just One Night (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #3)
  • The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)
“Love is not a game, ladies. Treat it like one, and you’re bound to lose. Everyone talks about the rewards of finding that one person. Nobody warns you about the pain of losing him.” 9 likes
“Real love—the kind that matters—is giving your heart to someone even after he tries to hand it back.” 3 likes