Start by marking “La ridícula idea de no volver a verte” as Want to Read:
La ridícula idea de no volver a verte

La ridícula idea de no volver a verte

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,759 ratings  ·  748 reviews
«Éste es un libro sobre la vida... apasionado y alegre, sentimental y burlón.» ROSA MONTERO. Una narración a medio camino entre el recuerdo personal y la memoria de todos, entre el análisis de nuestra época y la evocación íntima. Son páginas que hablan de la superación del dolor, de las relaciones entre hombres y mujeres, del esplendor del sexo, de la buena muerte y de la ...more
Published March 2013 by Seix Barral (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about La ridícula idea de no volver a verte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La ridícula idea de no volver a verte

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of La ridícula idea de no volver a verte
Irene
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learned so much more about Marie Curie and the real woman she really was. Also, the author makes you really think about how we don't accept death and how the mourning process was for her and Marie. Excellent book which brought a tear or two when reading Marie's diary. Made me want to appreciate and love my husband a lot more !
Francisca Moreira
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of resilience, but also of social criticism and joous anecdotes. The writer tells us the stories of the duels of two mature women, and the challenges in being a female in times of Marie Curie and modern times. Wonderful, from the start to the end, and amusing to read despite the subject. Totally recommended!
V
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
The author incredible and the argument fantastic. Just can't say how good it is.
Rebeca
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
If Death is the only thing that is going to happen to all of us, why is it that we don’t like to talk about it. In the USA most people use words as passing or gone instead died. Some eastern cultures accept death more and even celebrate it but westerns are obsessed with avoiding it at all cost. Rosa Montero writes about the difficulties of coping with the death of a love one through Madam Currie’s experience and her own.
Klaas Roggeman
Pretty interesting mixture between the author's mourning for her husband and a biography of Marie Curie, who also lost her husband at an early stage.

But damn those hashtags!
Gladys Lopez
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this book is like listening to an old friend talking about an impressive person with her personal comments and wisdom of someone who can relate.

In the beginning I thought would be about grievance and wasn’t sure about reading it. Then, page by page, i became interested in knowing more about the life of Marie Curie to the point that I could relate to her. That feeling of relatedness is given by the words of Rosa Montero... because convine the magnificent with simplicity in such way that
María Reyero
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novels
A portrait of Marie Curie's life. It tells the story of the twice Nobel Prize winner's private and professional life at the turn of the 20th Century. The book portrays Curie's profound dedication to her research and career. In her husband and Nobel Prize co-winner in Physics (1903), Mme. Marie Curie found a wonderful and bright complicity. At his passing, the light in her life that came from their happy and fruitful marriage dimmed. Though more somber, Mme. Curie became even more devoted to her ...more
Kristof Verbeke
3 star rating. Not because I did not cry, not because I was not moved, not because the content is not great; just because the writing style is not the one I enjoy or like. But the book itself is worth reading, especially if you have lost someone dear or if you like science and want to know more about Marie Curie.
Iliyana Parashkevova
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a surprise. I expected just another love romance with a title like this, but as they say "Never judge a book by its cover, or title." I loved the book and the honesty of the author!!! El libro me encantó!! :)
léo
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a good way to practice spanish as the words are easy to understand. The story of Marie Curie is really inspiring and an example of how the world still needs to improve a lot in the subject of feminism.
Angie Reyes
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-collection
Wow
Alejandra
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful written full interesting facts about the Curie's
Maria Eugenia  De Elizalde
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great view of life, death, love, guilt...
Sometimes la really difficult yo express any of those and Montero makes of it a masterpiece
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Leo Ferres
Mar 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
I love Marie Curie... but this is not about her, like at all.
Paulyna Copado
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Marie Curies life is amazing! the book is not interesting by itself, the interesting is the way tha at least for me was to know the Maries curie life ...more
Michaela
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think the author's perceptions about Marie Curie's inner life are spot on. Succint look at sorrow as well. Truth without sweetener.
Lausº
Apr 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Las mujeres somos así... nos cuesta decir adiós... y de cualquier cosa. Ya sea la pérdida de tus aretes favoritos, de tus llaves, de dinero... o de tu compañero de vida; eso sí, a diferente medida... pero la mujer sufre. Eso de decir adiós, nos cuesta.

Resulta que Marie Curie escribió un diario sobre los días posteriores a la muerte de su esposo Pierre. La forma en que describe su duelo es devastadora y Rosa Montero sintió la urgencia de escribir algo sobre ella, porque es alguien que marcó
Andrea Alonso Sáenz
It is one of the best books I have ever read
Omar Gonzalez Pena
This book shows a good synthesis of the human aspects not well known of the life of Marie Curie, since the author did a good literature research of her life. However, this book is pretty convenient for people without STEM education, because most of the people with a STEM education already know many aspects of the Marie Curie life. In the book, the author is speaking to the reader about how her life sometimes has been similar to the Marie Curie life as a woman; these author's dialogues have been ...more
Andrés Meza-Escallón
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice but not great. It is not about the formidable scientists Marie and Pierre Curie but grieving, lose and moving on. The author uses her experiences and the widow Marie Curie's to explore losing someone really close.
Probably fantastic for someone that is experiencing mourning at the time of reading. However, I enjoyed knowing the personal, human side of people in love with science and discovery.
Jimena Lara
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book, it is a weird biography in which the author tells Mdme Curi's life but at the same time she tells pieces of her story in which she feels identified with the character. I was never interested in reading about Mdme Curi, but this book shows a strong feminist and loving woman and now I am very interested on her. Her feminist ideas are hilarious, specially for a woman that lived in such a different era.
Roby Portilla
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Roby by: Andrea
This book is amazing. I had never heard of Marie Curie's life in such detail before, and the book isn't even about her. I have read books in first person before, of course, but this is entirely different. This is the author telling the story like she was sitting around a bonfire.

I want to consider this as a biographical opinion. Montero has always a comment for almost every aspect in Curie's life. I liked this book a lot. I can definitely recommend it.
Silvia
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book. It's not a novel, it's not a biography of Marie Curie, it's not just a book about death and mourning, or about feminism, it's not an essay, but it's all of them at the same time. I liked the fresh, informal style, as if she were talking to us directly or writing us a letter.
Victoria
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's very easy to read. You discover fascinating things about Marie and Pierre Curie's lifes. Not only about their amazing scientific careers, but also about their human side, with their errors and virtues. This book shows a different view about how to get over the death someone you love
Femke
Feb 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you forget about the hashtags, you could consider this as an actual good book.
Alexandra Gv
Marie Curie . ...more
Beatriz
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thought provokinkg! A great essay on life and death!
Dorilis
Starts slow get better but it isn't all great thou it has an interesting moral.
Pili
Apr 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting biography about Madame Curie a her grieving.
Maravilloso 1 4 Jul 29, 2019 03:10AM
un libro que emociona 2 18 Oct 15, 2014 06:28AM

• Días sin ti
  • Lo mucho que te amé
  • Qué vas a hacer con el resto de tu vida
  • Mañana tendremos otros nombres
  • La Red Púrpura (Elena Blanco, #2)
  • Ideias para adiar o fim do mundo
  • La novia gitana (Elena Blanco, #1)
  • Los asquerosos
  • Loba negra (Antonia Scott, #2)
  • Nada
  • Malaherba
  • Reina roja (Antonia Scott, #1)
  • Pelea de gallos
  • Casas vacías
  • Ordesa
  • Largo pétalo de mar
  • El peligro de la historia única
  • La sospecha de Sofía
Rosa Montero Gayo is an award-winning journalist for the Spanish newspaper El País and an author of contemporary fiction.

“El verdadero dolor es indecible. Si puedes hablar de lo que te acongoja estás de suerte: eso significa que no es tan importante. Porque cuando el dolor cae sobre ti sin paliativos, lo primero que te arranca es la #Palabra.” 30 likes
“Cuanto más te acercas a lo esencial, menos puedes nombrarlo.” 23 likes