Start by marking “Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)

Blue-Eyed Devil

(The Travis Family #2)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  32,483 ratings  ·  1,822 reviews
MEET THE BLUE-EYED DEVIL - His name is Hardy Cates. He's a self-made millionaire who comes from the wrong side of the tracks. He's made enemies in the rough-and-tumble ride to the top of Houston's oil industry. He's got hot blood in his veins. And vengeance on his mind.

MEET THE HEIRESS - She's Haven Travis. Despite her family's money, she refuses to set out on the path the
Published March 25th 2008 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Blue-Eyed Devil, please sign up.
Elisa I would - just because you first meet Hardy in Sugar Daddy, and it's interesting to see how his character evolves.

·  32,483 ratings  ·  1,822 reviews

Start your review of Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Okay. How to write this review without the whole thing turning into a Hardy Cates droolfest. It's going to be very hard, because I love the man!

One Upon a Time, There was a Guy Named Hardy Cates...:
I met Hardy Cates in Sugar Daddy, and I have to say that I sure did fall hard for him. Big time! Hard as a young Liberty Jones did. I could see that beneath that mind-numbingly sexy bad boy veneer was a sensitive, loving, good-hearted person. My feelings never changed for him. (view spoiler)
Baba
 photo oie_FDgVmgyJmiHP_zpsm6ns2jir.png

photo oie_VQPZbi7d5f5U_zpsoj3cimqj.gif

photo oie_p8FVbkTrJeuO_zpsizq8bsjy.gif

"Haven, you know I'm right. Let's talk about this."
"If you don't want to have sex, I don't want to talk about our feelings."
He scrubbed his hand through his hair, looking confused. "Well, that's for damn sure the first time a woman's ever said that to me."
"I don't take rejection well," I muttered.
"It's not rejection, it's a postponement. And if Jack Daniel's makes you this ornery, I'm never pouring you another shot."
"It has nothing to do with the whiskey. I'm this ornery all on my own."

"Hardy
Christy
Jun 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

“IMG_7112"/

I read the first book in this series ‘Sugar Daddy’ earlier last year and it was my first Lisa Kleypas book. I loved it and couldn’t wait to get more of the Travis family. Unfortunately, the audio books for the rest of the series were unavailable. When I saw that Blue-Eyed Devil was on audio, I jumped at reading it!

Haven Travis is the only girl in the Travis clan and she’s trying to make her own path. She’s in love and marries a man her family doesn’t want her to, and it doesn’t go as
Geri Reads
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I've been in a massive book hangover this week and I couldn't read anything new. Fortunately, this book got me out of my slump.

Hardy Cates...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He's everything that a bad boy hero should be. He's gorgeous, rich, charming with enough vulnerability to make you fall in love with his character. He's strong and heroic and there's no doubt to his love and devotion for Haven.

Haven Travis...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Despite growing up rich and privileged, Haven's life is far from perfect. She made a really bad decisio
♥Sharon♥
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is only my second book by Lisa Kleypas but I am here to say that I am really enjoying her books and I’ll be reading many more. I’m finding her writing to be so genuine. I don’t always end up loving stories that are told in the first person’s point of view but LK gives such a strong delivery and her stories are enticing and engaging.

Blue-Eyed Devil was a bit of a surprise to me. I was preparing myself for all things Hardy Cates and yes I got that, but it was as much a story about Haven Trav
Shawna
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance

I wanted to read “Blue-Eyed Devil” because Hardy Cates seemed like such a sexy and magnetic bad-boy character. I mainly read “Sugar Daddy” in order to have the necessary background on him to read this, so color me surprised that I wound up not liking this as much as “Sugar Daddy”.

Don’t get me wrong, Hardy Cates is everything I thought he would be and then some, but to me, this book is seriously inhibited by not having his point of view. It’s told strictly from the
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
•● I'm on the fence with this one, and I don't know what to do with my rating. I'm leaving at 2, because while the first part did a very good job at portraying home life abuse, I wanted to slap the men more often than not and the romance didn't work for me. That's going to be long, and it might involve a lot of cursing. Sorry about that.●•

This book starts like a cheesy tale - Haven Travis, spoiled daughter of a Texan millionaire, marries the guy she loves more than anything, against the will of
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted at Under the Covers

Her name is Haven. But it’s her last name that gets her noticed. Being the only girl in a family of men can be tough sometimes. With three overprotective brothers plus a meddling father, Haven has a difficult time finding a guy who can stand up to her family name, let alone her family. Haven falls in love quickly with a man who she thinks she knows. But, in the end, being married to Nick isn’t what she thought it would be.

Blue-Eyed Devil made me bawl like a baby. I’m
Tammy
Blue-Eyed Devil would have earned a solid 5-star rating from me if it had been written from Hardy Cate's point of view.

Don't get me wrong - I liked Haven Travis. I sympathized with her during the abuse scenes with her narcissistic, whack-job of a husband. But Haven was not the sort of person I could see myself becoming friends with. In spite of all the horrible things that happened to her and the way she started to turn her life around, her character still smacked of the poor little rich girl c
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.”

Blue Eyed Devil is the story of Haven, a young woman from a very wealthy oil family. Coming out of a bad marriage Hav
Ms. Smartarse
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
There was a time when my life goal was to devour absolutely everything penned by Ms. Kleypas. I loved her work so much, that I would willingly humiliate myself by asking for her books in one of Dublin's larger bookstores. And let me tell you, there are few things more embarrassing than having two guys loudly recite things like Tempt Me at Twilight, Seduce Me at Sunrise or Mine Till Midnight with a faux-poker-face. I was a fan with a mission!

That said, M/F romances have since all but lost their
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

5 Stars!

I have been in love with Hardy Cates since I first met him way back in 2007 when I first read Sugar Daddy. The teenage girl that now occupies this old ladies body still swoons a little bit every time I even think about Hardy Cates as a teenager. Where were the boys like Hardy back when I actually was a teenager? Even when Hardy does something a little wrong, I can forgive him. When this book came out in 2008, I drove to my local Borde
Brandi
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emotional
4.25 Stars
Auntee
Mar 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any romance fan, but especially a must read for Kleypas fans
This won't be much of a review because I'm dying to get back to Smooth Talking Stranger (which I already started). Just some of my thoughts...

Hardy...Hardy...Hardy! God, how I adored this character (and his 'mink' hair--I think LK went a little overboard on that description)! I love all the good, and the wee bit of bad, in Hardy. I love his charming side, his teasing side, his sexy side, his compassionate side, and his roguish side. What a perceptive, lovable, blue-eyed scamp! I was a bit worrie
Sam (AMNReader)
Well, you guys, I mother-f-ing hated this book. I'm about to unleash spoilery spoilers, but I will start with a few status updates to illustrate:
Oh the mansplaining....
-First the overprotective, boundary-less brothers & father. Because they are Texas Men. No. (Although one it's well-established why). I don't know, trust your sister and empower her maybe after her life events (Adding: (view spoiler)
Karen
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

Those blue eyes glinted with uncivilized suggestion. A faint smile was tucked in the corner of his wide mouth. Definitely wouldn't want to be alone in a room with that guy, I thought. His gaze moved downward in lazy inspection, returned to my face, and he gave me one of those respectful nods that Texan men had raised to an art form.

Wow. This book really caught me off-guard. I was not expecting the intensity to be quite so high. I really had trouble putting it down. As a whole I'm rati
Didi
Sometimes you come across a book that leaves you speechless. It leaves you empty upon finishing it because it was such a pleasure reading it.

THIS WAS ONE OF THOSE BOOKS!

Blue-Eyed Devil was my first LK novel and it left me wondering, agonizing, why it took me so damn long to read her work. She is a brilliant writer. BRILLIANT.
She tells a story so evocatively, so intelligently it makes you wonder about other books you've read. I was amazed by LK's ability to use such descriptive language and witty
Liz* Fashionably Late

*Unpopular Opinion Time*

I find it hard to believe this was written by the same author, guys. Kleypas is a goddess, she knows how to write sexy times scenes and how to make you fall in love with her characters. Why one of those things was missing, escapes me completely.

While Sugar Daddy was tragic and emotional, Blue-Eyed Devil is too predictable and beyond belief at the same time. It suffered from Tell, Don't Show syndrome. We read a lot about how amazing Hardy and Haven are together, but we don
Miss Kim
Dec 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any CR fan
Recommended to Miss Kim by: Teryl, continuation of a series
Shelves: contemporary, 2009
Blue Eyed Devil was an awesome follow up to Sugar Daddy. I was disappointed that Hardy didn’t end up with Liberty in that one, especially after all of the background we get on him. Then he just leaves town, and comes back to pull a total a-hole move in order to get Liberty back.
In BED, we get to know Haven, the youngest daughter of the Sugar Daddy, Churchill. She first meets Hardy at Liberty and Gage’s wedding and they have the classic moment. “Their eyes meet across a crowded room….causing hea
Mo
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not even sure if I had previously read this one. I think I did years ago, before Goodreads maybe 🤷‍♀️

I have never been to Texas. I would love to visit sometime.

... friendship was a lot more dependable, not to mention long-lasting, than love.

We met Hardy in the first book. I liked him but he was a bit of a con-artist. Seemed to be out for himself.

"It's a front, that aw-shucks-I'm-just-a-redneck routine. He does it to set people up and then he goes in for the kill."

Haven's situation
Stacey is Sassy
Hardy...a Devil???

It's not too often that you come across a contemporary romance author that can write a timeless book. Now, 2008 probably doesn't seem that long ago, but you would be surprised how quickly a book can seem out of date. Terminology, slang and modern technology changes quickly, daily even. I know in my own experience that my teen boys seem to even speak a different language to me. I've even had to translate hand-written notes for workmates because the cursive has changed so much in
Ronyell
Wow! Can I officially say that “Blue-Eyed Devil” by Lisa Kleypas has now become one of my top contemporary romance novels of all time next to “Kiss An Angel?” “Blue-Eyed Devil” is the second book in Lisa Kleypas popular “Travises” series and this time, it stars the sister in the family, Haven Travis and the former bad-boy, Hardy Cates! “Blue-Eyed Devil” is a truly mesmerizing book that has drama, secrets and forbidden love rolled into one novel!

Haven Travis is the only sister in the famous and f
Jacob Proffitt
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, romance, audiobook
I've been busy enough lately that my time here on GoodReads has dwindled. As a consequence, I'm afraid I'm falling behind in my reviews (and yes, being busy cuts into my reading time, too, but not at the same rate—I have priorities, thankyouverymuch). So I finished this almost a week ago and the details have gone a bit fuzzy. I'll do my best, but now you know not to expect my best work...

This review will have a spoiler for the first quarter or so of the book. It's not major (you can probably as
Amy | Foxy Blogs
♦ ALL I WANT IS YOU ♦ JUST ONE LITTLE TRAVIS ♦

Blue Eyed Devil starts off with Liberty and Gage’s (Sugar Daddy) wedding. Hardy party crashes the wedding where he and Haven notice each other and their attraction is undeniable. This is Haven and Hardy's love story. It wasn't an easy relationship because Haven makes a mistake by marrying Nick. Nick's true colors show once he is married. He inflicts spousal abuse upon Haven. After one horrible event Haven escapes back to her family.

In the begin
Chan
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Guess what my Dear GR Friends. I skipped book 1
description/

Shocking, I know. BUT I HAD TO.

I was prepared to read Sugar Daddy. I ordered the book and was excited when it came in the mail
description/

But then one of you posted a review and mentioned an in depth love triangle. I’ve been trying to read it for months, but I haven’t even parted the pages. So, I’m giving the book away.

That brings us to book 2 Blue-Eyed Devil.

It was clear from the outset that I was missing something, but whatever. It was a decent read.

I thi
Eliza
Rather than berate myself for taking so long to read this, I'm glad to have finally succumbed to the awesomeness that is Lisa Kleypas.
Wendy
What can I say? I've been sucked in, into the wonderful world of the pure bliss that LK has created. Alpha males that are just too good to be true and wonderful heroines.

This is my favorite, so far. Hardy you are a gem and you have found a beautiful heroine in Haven, who is such a sweetheart.

A special thanks to Karla, for providing this wonderful image of Hardy, that is just sublime. Thank you my friend, it really enhanced my reading experience. *waggles eyebrows*

Hardy Cates

Photobucket

Thanks again Ka
Irene Sim
The second time reading this story I enjoyed it even more. Somehow I noticed more details about the two protagonists, Hardy and Haven, that I missed the first time.

This story is about two people who don't know their designated place in life, so they drift wherever the wind takes them, persuing random avenues and finally finding their place in it's other's arms.
Hardy Cates is for me (and I guess for whichever read Sugar Daddy) a repressed desire. He may acted like an asshole in the end of that b
MelissaB
Loved it! The story just grabbed me from the beginning and kept me entertained the entire time. Hardy Cates is such a hot, sexy hero! Haven was a bit harder for me to identify with than Liberty was but I still liked her. Her horrible relationship with her ex-husband was hard to see but at least she was able to get out with the help of Her brother Gage who was wonderful in this book too. I enjoyed seeing more of Liberty, Gage and Carrington.

Hardy was a wonderful hero, he was very patient and kind
StMargarets
Even during a second reading I found the descriptions of domestic violence, rape, and emotional abuse hard to take. This is a triggering book, so be warned.

Having read Hardy's (H) coming of age story in Sugar Daddy, I can see how consistent his character has been in his basic decency. In this story the reader learns more about his perceived flaws and why he always held back to the people he cared about. I thought LK did a great job with his arc. He's a great hero.

I was also happy to see more of

• Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
  • Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1)
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
  • Kiss an Angel
  • Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)
  • After the Night
  • Ain't She Sweet?
  • This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
  • Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas, #5)
  • What Price Paradise
  • See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2)
  • Just the Sexiest Man Alive
  • Bet Me
  • What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas, #4)
  • A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1)

The Travis Family (4 books)
  • Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
  • Brown-Eyed Girl (Travises, #4)