Start by marking “Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume (Silber, #1)” as Want to Read:
Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume (Silber, #1)

Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume

(Silber #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  20,638 ratings  ·  2,461 reviews
Geheimnisvolle Türen mit Eidechsenknäufen, sprechende Steinfiguren und ein wildgewordenes Kindermädchen mit einem Beil ... Liv Silbers Träume sind in der letzten Zeit ziemlich unheimlich. Besonders einer von ihnen beschäftigt sie sehr. In diesem Traum war sie auf einem Friedhof, bei Nacht, und hat vier Jungs bei einem düsteren magischen Ritual beobachtet. Zumindest die Jun ...more
Published June 20th 2013 by Fischer FJB (first published March 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Silber, please sign up.
Katie Well, when translating books they don't generally change things like this. The characters always live in the same places and have the same origin.…moreWell, when translating books they don't generally change things like this. The characters always live in the same places and have the same origin. Just like the German version of Harry Potter is still set in Britain and Harry and the Dursleys still live in Surrey. Lottie is obviously still German (Bavarian, to be precise) and therefore, the poem is in German, too. And Liv and her family obviously still live in England, though her father is originally German, which is why their last name is Silber and not Silver. You see, when translating a book the translators are really only... well, translating. They're not supposed to change the story or even write a completely new one. Depending on the book they might change people's or places' names (e.g. A Song of Ice and Fire does that a lot and it even happens in Harry Potter every once in a while) but they would never change the setting or anything like that.(less)

·  20,638 ratings  ·  2,461 reviews

Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Home is where your books are."

I preordered this as soon as I heard about it. And then I read it as fast as I could. And you know, I liked it, but not as much as Rubyred. Sometimes I just had the feeling the author tried too hard to be funny and romantic and in the end it was a little too much for my taste. (view spoiler)
Still, I enjoyed this one, the characters were funny, the idea and what she made of it very original. And t
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Just like the Precious Gemstone Trilogy, this book had charming characters and great potential, but it just fell flat. Things were dragged out and I was just bored. This time I don't think I'll be continuing with the trilogy.
Kiki
Jul 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hngh. This book's difficult. I'm not even sure I rated it correctly. I've been in a massive reading slump lately, and I've been seriously flagging with my reading challenge, which is disappointing, since I was smashing it for the first half of the year. Until about May, I was never less than 3 books ahead. Now I'm three books behind and bricking it. I thought this book might pull me from my funk, but it was a bust.

This book was a pretty quick, easy read, and the best thing about it is the narra
Ksenia
First off: no love triangle! Yay! Liv is a fun character and her dialogue was a hoot to read! She just tells it like it is. The story is quite the sassy and ridiculously fun romp! Oh, and the boys weren't so bad either ;)
Wendy Darling
I really, really liked the narrative voice, which was engaging and humorous. The story didn't feel as cohesive as I would have liked, however, and there are a lot of things going on, a lot of characters, and it just felt a bit all over the place. I am definitely interested in reading the author's Ruby Red trilogy now, though. I like the way she writes, I just hope the plot and characters are a bit more clear cut in her other series. Seems like other people are liking this one better, which I und ...more
Paige  Bookdragon
My two star rating said "It was okay.

I think that's true because this book is okay. It's fun sometimes but it was overall disappointing. I was expecting something magical and fun and some adventure. Not 4 golden boys who made a pact with a devil. Enter this girl who says YES to the things that should be said NO to and who's sometimes badass but most of the time a tad annoying.

So this is okay but I sure as hell want something different.
Nina
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
This was a very interesting book and a quick read! I really enjoyed it and since I already own the other two books in the series, I'm definitely gonna read the second book now. The only negative things I can say about this book are that I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed "ruby red" and the other books in that series and I was also a little disappointed that the main character of this series reminded me a lot of the one of her other series. They were a little too similar for my liking and I h ...more
Odette Knappers
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inbezit, 2016
This is how books with a fantasy element should be: unique, like nothing you've ever read before. I've enjoyed reading this book a lot, happy to be continuing this story with book 2 and 3!
Mel
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Upon 2017 reread: original review stands. Fun and entertaining. Finally continuing on with this series.

————————————————————

This book was unexpectedly good! I am not going to lie, from the blurb, I was picturing a sort of The Raven Boys knock off story and the only similarities is that there are dreams, and 4 boys and a girl. Otherwise, they are nothing alike!

Dream a Little Dream follows a hilarious girl named Olivia who moves to London and meets 4 boys in a dream one night, and these same four
Aditi
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”

---- Edgar Allan Poe

Kerstin Gier, a German bestselling author's Silver trilogy is being translated into English by the popular English translator, Anthea Bell. So the translated version of the first book in this series, Dream a Little Dream has been released this month, that centers around the life of an unconventional teenager who is admitted to a new English school in London and so as her dreams take a new turn, exciting adventures are
Sharon
I have been stalling to read this series for 2 years, but I think I am ready now. One of my absolute favorite trilogies was written by Kerstin Gier and I am really hoping this one would be just as amazing, if not more.

Also, that cover is GORGEOUS.
-------------------------------
Thoughts on the 1st half of the book
“But maybe I wasn’t doing the film justice and it wasn’t the usual high school garbage with the malicious blond cheerleader, the charming but superficial football captain, and the impov
Ashley Daviau
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m quite pleased to say that I enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would! I really didn’t enjoy another series by this author so I was a bit skeptical about this one and definitely proved me wrong. It was an incredibly interesting concept and definitely unlike anything I’ve ever read. I also loved that it was a hell of a lot darker than I thought it would be and I was all for it. Demons and dream walking? Sign me up! My only minor complaint is that the relationships between the characte ...more
Alyssa
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-releases
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Dream A Little Dream by Kerstin Gier
Book One of the Silver Trilogy
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Publication Date: April 14, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Mysterious doors with lizard-head knobs. Talking stone statues. A crazy girl with a hatchet. Yep, Liv’s dreams have been pretty weird lately. Especially this one where she’s in a graveyard at night, watching four boys perform dark magic rituals.
Suzanne
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am seriously loving this author. I am so glad I picked up both her trilogies! This series is like a Freddy style creepy plot that makes a person double think the safety of dreams. Not really a horror but still intriguing!
Katerina Kondrenko
10 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Genre: fantasy, YA
Stuff: dream-walkers, a lot of fun
WOW: original concept, humor
POV: 1st-person, female
Love-Geometry: light

Quote-Core:
"It's in dreams more than anywhere else that you get to know people best - along with their weaknesses and their secrets."

I've read it in Russian and
Zoha
Oh boy! It was so refreshing! Just what I needed. I hadn't read anything in months because I was in the WORST reading slump of my life. And all the cutziness and fluffiness of this cloudy book got me out of the slump.

I mean who can resist the charms of dream traveling???
description

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.”

♥This book was full of gossipy shenanigans! Liv's life couldn't be any more cliche. Divorced, career-obsessed parents, a loving nanny, future ex-step father and his family,
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
Not as amazing as Ruby Red trilogy, but still such a fun book! The general idea really reminded me of The Raven Boys honestly, though it reads very differently. Kind of like a Gossip GIrl with paranormal elements set in London.
Mary ♥
5/5 stars

The most interesting things are always the most dangerous

dream
noun
1. a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep.
2. a cherished aspiration, ambition, or ideal.

That was exactly what this beauty was. A dream.
It had everything a perfect Halloween read has. Scary things, like whispers in the dark, shadows lurking in abandoned corridors, demonic rituals and stalkers. Fun, sass and an a totally amazing main character who made me crack up with
Dream a Little Dream is the first installment in Kerstin Gier's young adult, fantasy series titled The Silver Trilogy. The paranormal aspect allows the phrase, "I'll see you in my dreams" to take on an entirely different meaning in this book. It was pretty awesome. Ms. Gier's creativity was not news to me but I was still pleasantly surprised to read a plotline I have never, ever seen before in YA fiction. Thank you Ms. Gier!

My favorite quote:
"Sometimes mom was faster than the iPad and she knew
Nanna
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What kind of ending was that? good thing I own book two!

It was a fun read and I really really enjoyed Liv'a character so much. Also, Mia! They were both hilarious and some scenes had me crying of laughter.

I did like the premise but tbh it took me forever to believe it because like Liv, I was skeptical of everything. It was definitely not at all what I expected. I did feel like the story was rushed but I think that's because the writing is simple and the world isn't crazy weird or anything.

It
Ms. Smartarse
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the author, YA, and anyone skeptical enough about the genre
This book has been translated into English, as Dream a Little Dream.

Given my earnest attempts to avoid getting into yet another German YA, I honestly couldn't say why "Silber: Das erste Buch der Träume" ended up on my reading list. The unusual cover of the German edition could be one of the reasons, as I was hoping for some modern surrealist stuff. Then again given the number of YA books on GR, maybe it's just a question of statistics.

I haven't researched either the author or the book before st
Adira
This book was a lot darker than I expected. I originally read it because I needed a light book after reading The Joys of Motherhood, but quickly found out that the story between Kerstin Gier's latest trilogy is definitely NOT a feel good YA book.

The story itself revolves around a group of male friends who have unleashed a demon on Halloween with the usual bad results. Unfortunately, they lost their "virgin sacrifice" and need to replace her with a new member to re-up their blood circle and get
Sandra
This is what I wrote in July about the previous cover:

BUT GUYS....

THEY CHANGED THE COVER.

HOW PRETTTTYYYYYYY.
Laurence R.
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dying-to-read
Oh, I can't wait to read more of this series!

While I didn't know that it was about such a young character, especially since I wanted to read this book because of Ruby Red, I really enjoyed my time reading. I wouldn't say it's as good as the Precious Stones trilogy (because this one is incredible and one of my all-time favourites), but it had potential, so I'm really excited to know what happens next.

I was surprised by the theme of this book, because I only expected something magical or fantast
Meg
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Every once and a while you come across an author that is so wonderfully talented that all of their novels become an automatic buy. Gier is one of those such authors.

Unfortunately for me, since I don’t speak any other language besides English, I must wait what seems like an eternity in order to get my hands on translated versions of her novels. I loved Dream a Little Dream so much that I planned to purchase the original version of the second novel in this series, in German, and then sp
aniryllis
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edit: December 18, 2014

Not as good as the Edelstein Trilogie (in English The Ruby Red Trilogy/Precious Stone Trilogy), but I liked it nonetheless.

________________________________________

Pre-reading: January 11, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lisa Johnson

This was kind of a mixture between The Raven Boys, Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars Season 2.
It was entertaining at times, but the characters were over all quite one dimensional and seriously lacked complexity, and the romance was nahhh (no chemistry whatsoever, tbh, I ship Liv with Grayson rather than Henry, but since I don't really care for either of them, it doesn't matter all that much to me.)
I'm still going to read the sequel that's already on my shelf (thank god I speak German
Rebekah
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so fun! Full review to come...
haley
I was going to reread in October 2016 but never got around to it. oh well. some other time, then

Original review from August 2015:
I have read two books by this author before- the first two books of the Edelstein Trilogie, Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue. Since Sapphire Blue was extremely disappointing, I wasn't expecting to like Dream A Little Dream, but I gave it a chance anyway. And I'm glad I did! I really enjoyed this!

Liv is an awesome main character, in my opinion. She's funny and sarcastic and
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

OMG didn't expect this at all, being honest, but I really really liked this book!, I feel it was the reading I needed at this time, super light and fun. The fact that the author explores dreams and transforms them into such an entertaining plot is a great merit and my favorite part

description

3.5/5 Stars

You can find this one and more of my reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

In Dream a Little Dream we follow Liv, she's a pretty normal 15 year old girl who always has to move from one place to another due t

• Zurück nach Hollyhill (Hollyhill, #1)
  • Arkadien fällt (Arkadien, #3)
  • Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Die Katastrophe (Das Tal Season 1, #2)
  • Zakázaná přitažlivost (Bavettovi, #3)
  • Himmelsfern (Himmelsfern, #1)
  • Soul Beach
  • Für die Krone (Magierdämmerung, #1)
  • Das Blut des Dämons (Dawn & Julien, #3)
  • Die Verschworenen (Die Verratenen, #2)
  • Im Pyjama um halb 4
  • Wörter durchfluten die Zeit (BookLessSaga #1)
  • Splitterherz (Splitterherz, #1)
  • Der Geschmack von Sommerregen
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

Silber (3 books)
  • Silber: Das zweite Buch der Träume (Silber, #2)
  • Silber: Das dritte Buch der Träume (Silber, #3)
“Zu Hause ist da, wo deine Bücher sind.” 105 likes
“Liv, stop it!" hissed Mia. "You look like a lovelorn sheep!"
I gave a start. "As bad as that? Oh, that's terrible." I added - and I was to regret it in the course of the day - "If you see me looking like that again, give me a nudge or throw something at me. Promise?"
"With pleasure," said Mia, and three hours later, because she always kept her promises, I was black and blue around the ribs and had been hit by assorted flying objects: several chestnuts, a spoon, and a blueberry muffin.”
11 likes