Start by marking “Duality (The Hitchhiker Strain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Duality (The Hitchhiker Strain, #2)

Duality

(The Hitchhiker Strain #2)

The end of everything came quickly, but the road back is endless and full of heartbreak.

After months of only death and loss, Veritas may be the answer everyone has been searching for—a cure. Savannah wants nothing more than to begin rebuilding, but with both the Initiative and the United Militia vying for power, there are no easy answers. Ending the threat for good could m
Paperback
Published March 2014 by Patchwork Press (first published December 1st 2013)

Ashley Ferguson
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review and more can be found at The A P Book Club!

*I received this book as an eARC from Patchwork Press on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

I really enjoyed Mortality. It takes the whole zombie trope and makes it something new and unique. The characters were (mostly) likeable, and I really wanted to know how things were going to play out for Savannah and her friends. Even though we no longer have Zarah's story to follow, we still get to see things from the zombie perspective, whic
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Continuing the story from Mortality some time after the first book, this book is more about the recovery whereas the first book really focussed on the down fall.

*There may be some spoilers in here for the first book*

Zarah has been changed for Chelsea in this novel as the secondary main character in this novel. I found her story however to be the most interesting. Starting as one of the zombies (the second generation, oops, the vaccine f
Dana Cuadrado
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mortality is a young adult post-apocalyptic zombie story that will have you on the edge of your seat. Kellie Sheridan tells two stories simultaneously that intertwine to create Mortality. The two narrators Savannah and Zarah fight their way through a world full of zombies, but ultimately their biggest enemy are those still living who have their own agendas. They fight for love,friendship, and their lives. Morality was an amazing book and I was hooked from chapter one.

Zombie stories have been tol
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)
NOTE: My review may have spoilers if you have NOT read the 1st book yet! You are WARNED!!!

DUALITY has been a long time coming for me! I read the 1st book MORTALITY last year and was amazed by the originality, and the unique new take on the zombie genre! Kelly has taken your average zombie and turned them into something so unique, and addicting, that it will keep you up into the wee hours just needing more of the gruesome, yet addicting zombie-filled world she's created, with a romance spin that'
Cary Morton
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted to Author Unpublished.

I’ll admit it; this is one of those books that I picked up and got so sucked into that I forgot to leave myself any notes to fall back on for the review I knew I’d be writing. It was that good.

As far as the technical side of things goes, there were very few errors. I found two. Not only is that acceptable for a published book, it’s pretty damned impressive. The narrative was clear, easy to read, and moved at a pretty decent pace. I never f
Grace Jade
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
This one just didn't seem to know what it was doing. It was good, don't get me wrong, but incredibly slow in parts. I had to force myself to not skip over some bits.

Is anyone else curious about Liam? Where is he now? Why set them up for a relationship and then just have him disappear?

I'll be interested to read the next one, assuming there is a third book. It seemed kind of unfinished.

I'm not sure how I feel about this book. I liked it, but I didn't. Hence the three star rating. Certainly was
Chiara
Jun 27, 2013 rated it liked it
The open ending was painful.
Yunnuen
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I'll write my comment about this book later.
Shanon Smith grife dowling
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really good but left me wanting to know what happened after everyone road off into the sunset.
T. Jackson
Good read

It was ok. I'm confused, is there another book coming? I hope so. The ending left way too much hanging out there.
Jennifer Ritz
Ashley
Dec 28, 2014
Courtney Newton/Shawnmarr
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great conclusion. Lots of sads, but lots of hope, too.
Charles Martinez
Feb 14, 2015
Anjades
Apr 18, 2016
  • Ignite (Ignite, #1)
  • Vulture (The Ferryman + The Flame #3)
  • Awakened (The Legends Of Elyndia, #1)
  • Wisteria (Wisteria, #1)
  • Winter's Warrior: Mark of the Monarch (Winter's Saga, #4)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • The Ninth Floor
  • Moirai (Aberrant, #2)
  • A Grimm Legacy (Grimm Tales #1)
  • Sweet Magic Song (For Love of Fae, #1)
  • Sin For Love (Fortune For Love #1)
  • Living with the Dead (Famished #3)
  • Come What May (Heartbeat, #2)
  • The Forgotten (The Lux Guardians, #1)
  • All I Ever Wanted: An Abbott Springs Anthology
  • Break It Up (Someone Else's Fairytale, #2.5)
Kellie has been in love with stories in all of their forms for as long as she can remember. Admittedly, sometimes that means falling into places like Stars Hollow and Sunnydale, but books have always been her true love.

Kellie spent part of her twenties living in Galway, Ireland and swooning after various lilting accents but is now back home in Ontario, Canada.

The Hitchhiker Strain (2 books)
  • Mortality (The Hitchhiker Strain, #1)